Realm Of The Old Gods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realm Of The Old Gods

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Server direct IP connection: 209.133.192.82:5121
Join Discord Server: https://discord.gg/jYHJe2v
Forums construction in progress!

SHADOW of the DEMONWEB

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Ody
Helpful Player
Ody

Experience Points : 104

SHADOW of the DEMONWEB Empty
PostSubject: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyMon May 04, 2020 1:56 pm

SHADOW of the DEMONWEB
(Protagonist player found!)

SHADOW of the DEMONWEB XCrUKsj

After the events of Embrace of the Night, the death of two leading Lyons left the Faeland in Cormanthor Forest under slow but steady recovery. The lack of additional magics to heal the land placed pressure on Enia, the spirit of the Ancient Tree Dnylis, who heavily used her own so that life in forest remains healthy and hidden. The surviving Lyons assisted in any way they could. But it was not enough for Enia to maintain the strongest version of herself. Dead Lyons shifted the balance of their wilds, and as result Enia has grown weaker. Through the mere connection to her tree, Enia had a vision that her time will soon be over, as there are dark plots within plots threatening to strike now when she is vulnerable. Not wanting to leave her side, the remaining Lyons seek for heroes and adventurers to act in their behalf beyond the borders of the Lyons Forest. Those who dare to face danger that lurks in the nights.

Protagonist Slot: @ShadowKyss (played by Ticladesign)
Companion1 Slot: @Uragu (played by Badgerthej)
Companion2 Slot: Open Slot needs a player, You can sign in
Companion3 Slot: @Odilyn (played by @Ody)
Honorable Guest Slo1t: @Shimmer (played by Fyra)
Honorable Guest Slot2: @Vesz'yraen (played by BloodRiot)
Back to top Go down
https://silverdales.forumotion.com
Ody
Helpful Player
Ody

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyFri May 08, 2020 2:23 am

SHADOW of the DEMONWEB JKxwlpJ

A sunny day in Lyonland. Sun rays squeeze between spaces of the tall tree tops and fall upon the land, revealing beautiful colors of the enchanted forest. The mood of inhabitants seems to be positive for few weeks now, as the forest appears to have closer resemblance to what it was once before the dark times. But not everything is what it seems to be. Blue eyes watch from the shadows with concern. She has been here longer than most, and when things are not quiet right, she would know. The very first Eilistraeen that set foot on Lyonland, @ShadowKyss,  pays her visit when she can. Pixies adore her presence and performance with the art of shadow illusion, in return gifting her with honey and mushrooms. Those may be small rewards but @ShadowKyss accepts them with full heart, and with knowing how good use they can be back at Pippa's kitchen. When her visit was coming to the end, @ShadowKyss was on her way out of the Forest, passing by the Dnylis Tree. She sees Enia, its spirit, laying her hand on the tree with closed eyes. Nothing that was not seen many times before, Enia is known caretaker not just of the tree, but all the life in the forest. But this time she seems to have some struggles. @ShadowKyss could not unnotice that Enia is having difficulties to concentrate, even to keep her balance, as the ancient tree almost resisting her approach.

@ShadowKyss Turn:
1. [Help Enia not fall] Are you alright?
2. [Trash talk] That's embracing.
3. [Wait to see what happens]
4. [Free RP]
Back to top Go down
ShadowKyss

ShadowKyss

Experience Points : 55

Character sheet
Race: Dark Elf

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyFri May 08, 2020 7:50 pm

1. [Help Enia not fall] Are you alright?

ShadowKyss not afraid to give aid to the forest spirit Stepped foreward and tries to give Enia the balance she needed. Sitting on the shoulder of the Puppeteer sat little Shadowpuppet, a tiny puppet of shadow representing ShadowKyss in expression and emotion. There is a bit of concern displayed on the little face of the shadowpuppet, while the Porchelain mask worn by ShadowKyss as always; revealed little more than the drawing upon it of an eerie smile and tears below darkened eyesockets.

"There is something disturbing you, Lady Enia? Surely I can lend a hand.." Was the somewhat hollow sounding voice behind the porchelain mask. But even then, clearly sounding a bit concerned of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Ody
Helpful Player
Ody

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyFri May 08, 2020 8:45 pm

SHADOW of the DEMONWEB CjMCqyG

Enia was caught of guard. Not only that it is very difficult to sneak upon Enia by anyone, but that she was not approached stealthy by @ShadowKyss at all, and Enia still failed to notice her until the contact was made, was indeed disturbing to witness. Even if Enia and @ShadowKyss have seen each other countless times over the years, Enia needed a pause to recognize @ShadowKyss. After a short unpleasant moment, once Enia was certain it was @ShadowKyss, Enia would relax in a relief, though not enough to conceal her condition and concern: "Jennifer ... forgive my behavior ... my senses ... are clouded." With @ShadowKyss 's help, Enia's balance is restored, and she can now stand on her own. She nods her gratitude to @ShadowKyss before turning towards the ancient tree again: "I have ... difficulties to fully connect with the tree. For some time now its new knowledge is unknown to me. I have no way of knowing what is happening upon the land that its roots cover. To be more specific, a part of it that reaches beyond the borders of Lyonland has gone completely dark." As someone who has taken role in Lyons' events before, @ShadowKyss would know that such thing poses a serious matter to the security of the Lyons Forest. Knowing what lurks in proximity of Lyons Forest's borders is what allowed fae magic to conceal the presence of the whole land to be found.

@ShadowKyss Turn:
1. When did this start?
2. We have to tell others.
3. [Spellcraft 20DC] (Reveals additional information)
4. Everybody has an expiration date, and yours is coming soon.
5. [Free RP]
Back to top Go down
ShadowKyss

ShadowKyss

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyFri May 08, 2020 10:39 pm

[1. When did this start?]

ShadowKyss slowly tilts her head to the side, listening to Enia, while there is an expression of great concern over the face of the little shadowpuppet, sitting on her shoulder.

"Surely this has not come over a single Cycle, was this truely so sudden, or did it come like a slow winter through cycles with enough time to know why this was happening? Or what to do ; who to call for aid?"
Back to top Go down
Ody
Helpful Player
Ody

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptySat May 09, 2020 11:02 am

Enia turns away from the tree, now facing back towards the conversation, looking at @ShadowKyss: "It has taken less than a month. At first I thought I am simply getting tired ... the healing of the entire land becomes more difficult, exhausting ... With death of some us, the balance shifts and weight of responsibility falls on my shoulders. I thought it will pass over time. But it didn't, it has only gone worse." To @ShadowKyss  's idea about calling others to aid, Enia would shake her head in disagreement. "It has been long time since this land started to enjoy again, to be alive. To your contributions as well. It is more than just protecting the beliefs I share with Synph. Through the roots of this tree, my physical form, I am connected with the land, and its knowledge becomes mine, but so are its emotions. If those who live here shun away from Synph's dogma, their emotional state will reflect upon the tree ... upon me ... as it has during battles and wars before. This would only worsen the symptoms and further expose vulnerability to this land." Enia steps closer towards @ShadowKyss "Those very close to me are already aware but they wish not to leave my side. No ... I wish not to spread panic. This must remain between us ... for now. But that also means that I will require your help. I have a task for you, and I know no better person who would conceal this mission from eyes and ears of the others, than the one who dances in the shadows." As Enia was finishing her sentence, her eyes shift her glance from the little shadowpuppet towards @ShadowKyss 's porcelain mask. The words and the look were reflecting trust for such a delicate matter, towards the savior of Greenleaf Tribe - @ShadowKyss.

@ShadowKyss Turn:
1. I will help. What is my mission?
2. Let's talk about the reward first.
3. [Free RP]
Back to top Go down
ShadowKyss

ShadowKyss

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptySat May 09, 2020 10:17 pm

SHADOW of the DEMONWEB JenniferSK_closeup1

[1. I will help. What is my mission?]

For a moment ShadowKyss stares at Enia, then nods with an unseen determination. Little Shadowpuppet on her shoulders folds it's arms and nods vividly, displaying a concentrated look with a bright smile to Enia.

"As I tried my best to aid you and all the Lyons before, so will I do so again. You have given me a save shelter among the trees and Fey. There is no doubt in my heart to keep it a refuge for the most vunerable among the wooden labyrinths of the Cormanthor. Please allow me to help you."

Wind passing through make a single silver-white hairlok flutter in the wind like a banner from a castle on a high hilltop would.
Back to top Go down
Ody
Helpful Player
Ody

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptySun May 10, 2020 12:18 am

Receiving the reply she wished to hear, Enia nods to @ShadowKyss with a slight smile, before she holds a short briefing on the mission: "For my senses to be clear and to comprehend the vision of events where Dnylis' roots reach, you must travel to the point where my access is clouded, and remove the darkness that shrouds it. With it gone, the images I have from its events will be clear to me, and the mystery will be revealed." Enia marks the location on @ShadowKyss 's map. "But please be careful. Whatever set this in motion might still be lurking on the borders of the Lyons Forest."

@ShadowKyss Turn:
1. I will be on my way.
2. [Free RP]
Back to top Go down
ShadowKyss

ShadowKyss

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyMon May 11, 2020 12:00 am

[2. Free RP]

SHADOW of the DEMONWEB Mistengale_guestappearance

ShadowKyss turns around to go, yet a gaze falls upon the Misty treetops in the far distance, away from the savety of Lyons forest.

Out there lies the obscured, the hidden mystery enshrouded by Mistengale and Shadowshroud.
Somewhere out there lies a path untravelled where stars shine as a beacon to the wanderer so alone.
Out there. Adventure awaits.

ShadowKyss looks back to Enia one last time, then continiues on her way, folding her long, black sleeves of her robe over her hands. Little Shadowpuppet to almost stand on Jennifer's shoulder, looking onward to the path unknown ahead of them.
Back to top Go down
Odilyn

Odilyn

Experience Points : 26

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyMon May 11, 2020 1:48 am

It was not long before @ShadowKyss could notice that she has a bonus shadow, one not of her own creation. It would mimic her on the way out of Lyons Forest, but this is a shadow well known to her, one that she personally helped being shaped into. A small silent giggle would echo in the air, almost melodic.
Back to top Go down
ShadowKyss

ShadowKyss

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyMon May 11, 2020 11:30 pm

"Who is it, that lingers beside me
In the hour late and on a pathway unknown?
Who too would follow me
Away from a save haven
And into the Wild; where dark things lurk?"

SHADOW of the DEMONWEB Lyonsrp_JenWarning

ShadowKyss keeps walking as she speaks the words behind her mask. Words which resound through the brances of the trees hollow, almost as a warning to all who would tread in her path, intent to follow her. Then she stops a moment, just before leaving Lyons forest and turns around to stare into nothingness yet adressing any Shadow not of her making. Perhaps aimed at the melodic one.

"Curiosity is what may lead you astray;
from pathway and into Labyrinths of Thorn and leaf.
There is wisdom to remain, and observe my visage to fade from sight
and into the Mists of Cormanthor."
Back to top Go down
Odilyn

Odilyn

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyTue May 12, 2020 1:09 am

Once busted, the melodic shadow freezes in the spot as if it is a statue, carefully listening the words sang by @ShadowKyss. As the words keep going, the melodic shadow splits into two, one that takes dancing steps to the left, and the other steps into revealing light of the moon, to make its presence fully known.

Curiosity, is part of me, indeed
I am interested in your planned deed
Exchange with Lady Leaf I overheard
For you to go alone is absurd!

This is a really super secret quest
I can bring more than just another jest
Concerned for you, let that be known
Allow me to aid, do not go alone.

It was only fair that when saluted with a song, Odilyn would salute with a song back. It took him a moment to figure out the words, but he crafted them fast, as he usually does. Once his shadow completely fades into darkness, Odilyn approaches to @ShadowKyss and looks at her porcelain mask. "Hello friend."
Back to top Go down
ShadowKyss

ShadowKyss

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyTue May 12, 2020 10:37 pm

"It is best you know that none of us know what's out there.
What causes Lady Enia to not see.
This cannot be a natural thing, but likely a Mystical reason.
A trap perhaps."

ShadowKyss pauses a moment to look at Odilyn for a moment.

"Where you shall follow me, is there where I have no answers to it's outcome.
Nor knowledge to what we may find. If you are willing to face an uncertainty like this one,
then follow me into the wilds. We shall then go where no Fey eyes can see, and hopefully
find a way to solve this mystery."
Back to top Go down
Odilyn

Odilyn

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyWed May 13, 2020 12:16 pm

"Thank you ShadowPupeteer. We will take a sneak peek together and see if we can restore Enia's senses, so that our home can be safe again." Odilyn takes @ShadowKyss 's side and adds his optimistic smile to whatever may await for them ahead in this quest. "Worry not, I know everything you taught me. It will be just another shadow of yours, following, and supporting mutual goals."
Back to top Go down
Ody
Helpful Player
Ody

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyWed May 13, 2020 1:08 pm

SHADOW of the DEMONWEB OYjDC3a

The couple of dark elves, @ShadowKyss and @Odilyn join together and move towards the south of the Lyons Forest, following directions Enia provided. They travel in shadows, undetected by the hostile creatures that lurk in the night of the Cormanthor. This area is well known to them, giving them advantage of covering the land on foot in a very short time. As they were getting closer to their destination, something about the flora was exactly like @ShadowKyss predicted. It was unnatural.

@ShadowKyss Turn
1. We are getting closer, proceed with caution.
2. [Survival 20DC] (Stop to learn more about area and examine its flora)
3. [Ask for a Companion Survival 20DC] (Stop to learn more about area and examine its flora)
a) @Odilyn
b) @Vesz'yraen (You did not unlock this companion yet)
c) @Shimmer (You did not unlock this companion yet)
d) @Uragu(You did not unlock this companion yet)
4. [Free RP]
Back to top Go down
ShadowKyss

ShadowKyss

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyThu May 14, 2020 9:23 pm

[Ask for a Companion Survival 20DC] (Stop to learn more about area and examine its flora)

It was in the thick of this forest where the Mystical Darkness began. Here in the center of Shadows a shape from pure moonlight was formed by ShadowKyss. A bearing onto unknown lands. A beacon to the
wanderers into the Night.

SHADOW of the DEMONWEB Lyonsrp_Beacon_in_dark

"Odilyn.. Can you find out if there is something odd, or strange to the plants all around us?" ShadowKyss asked without turning her head to Odilyn, as she was holding up an arcane Light in her hand, "This beacon in the dark will not last.. but shall give you the moonlight to see what is all around us."
Back to top Go down
Odilyn

Odilyn

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyFri May 15, 2020 1:37 am

"Certainly" @Odilyn steps out of the shadows into the light cast by @ShadowKyss ' arcane. Even if as a dark elf Odilyn does not have problems seeing in darkness, the moonlight definitely enchants the vision further, revealing colors that pitch dark areas are not capable for. He examines the plants within the arcane light's range, as he was requested to do so.

Rolls
Survival d20
Back to top Go down
Dice

Dice

Experience Points : 22

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyFri May 15, 2020 1:37 am

The member 'Odilyn' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 2
Back to top Go down
Ody
Helpful Player
Ody

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyFri May 15, 2020 1:46 am

Log:

The flora in the area looks like nothing that was not seen before. Even if some plants may not be identifiable, they were certainly not something that would alert @Odilyn in any way.
Back to top Go down
Odilyn

Odilyn

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyFri May 15, 2020 1:59 am

Once finished scanning the plants and flowers @Odilyn returns to @ShadowKyss: "Nothing to worry about friend, Cormanthor is a huge forest and many things grow here. Impossible to know all of them for certain. These plants look like nothing we havent seen before." Once he shares his knowing, @Odilyn takes a closer look at the arcane light.
Back to top Go down
Ody
Helpful Player
Ody

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptyFri May 15, 2020 3:04 am

The couple were unable to recognize the difference in flora changes, and could simply proceed further. They were not far from the position that Enia marked on their map. Once @ShadowKyss and @Odilyn arrived there, they could see the root of Dnylis tree briefly coming out of the earth, and is being warped around with some sort of alien plant, that pushed the Dnylis root out of the earth. It was giving a parasitic impression, as if it was feeding on the Dnylis. How it appears, however, could be very different than what it actually is. A closer inspection would be required to learn more.

@ShadowKyss Turn
1. [Attack the alien wrap] Ah this must be it, let's just cut it off.
2. [Lore 17+DC] (Attempt to identify the strange alien tissue)
3. [Ask @Odilyn for Lore 17+DC] (Attempt to identify the strange alien tissue)
4. [Free RP]
Back to top Go down
ShadowKyss

ShadowKyss

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptySat May 16, 2020 12:19 am

2. [Lore 17+DC] (Attempt to identify the strange alien tissue)

ShadowKyss tilts her head to the side as the strange plant is revealed under the Purple-blue illumination of the Arcane light she was holding in her right hand. By lowering her hand and the arcane light it almost seems as if ShadowKyss is studying this mysterious plant without taking action to harm it. From her shoulder Little Shadowpuppet leaps into the strange plant, and stares at the Plant's surface with quite a large Magnifying glass in it's tiny hands. Big, big Shadow puppet eyes stare through the imaginairy Magnifying glass!

This plant must share it's secrets to little ShadowPuppet.
Back to top Go down
Dice

Dice

Experience Points : 22

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptySat May 16, 2020 12:28 am

The member 'ShadowKyss' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 11
Back to top Go down
Ody
Helpful Player
Ody

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptySat May 16, 2020 1:13 am

Log:

@ShadowKyss 's inspection was flawless. She knows exactly what kind of ... creature this is. What is to do about it now? How could this thing get here and why?
Back to top Go down
ShadowKyss

ShadowKyss

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB EmptySun May 17, 2020 12:47 am

For a moment there was a silence in the movements of the Shadow Puppeteer. Sadly, Little Shadowpuppet faded with the darkness of this plant as ShadowKyss became silent in concentration and hand movements. Then with a sudden yet gracefull spinning jump She leaps back to where Odilyn stood and gestures to him to not come any closer.

"Corrupted plant from nether realms. It can, and will paralize you if you come close enough," Warns the hollow sounding voice behind the porchelain mask. So there they then stood, faced with a plant, but one not supposed to be there, and in conflict with the plants and wooden pillars of this forest, or so it seems in the mind of the Dark Elven Shadow Puppeteer.

"Fire may bring a solution. but so will the entire forest burn to cinders." ShadowKyss utters these words with a taint of frustration.

"Odilyn, you also have magical skills, have you not? What would be your suggestion on how to proceed?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHADOW of the DEMONWEB   SHADOW of the DEMONWEB Empty

Back to top Go down

SHADOW of the DEMONWEB
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Realm Of The Old Gods :: COMMUNITY IC :: CAMPAIGN-
Jump to: