Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Dormouse

avatar

Posts : 6000
Join date : 2011-03-03

PostSubject: Letters to the Coronal    Mon May 30, 2011 11:24 am

all letters to the Coronal here, please
Back to top Go down
magus_taliesin

avatar

Posts : 1759
Join date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:52 pm

*deleted, reason sent in PM*


Last edited by magus_taliesin on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A_Roleplayer

avatar

Posts : 263
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 53
Location : UK (England)

PostSubject: A Request   Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:09 am

Coronal
I have been trying to get a private audience with you for quite some time. I passed my original request onto the Armathor who said he would deliver the request to you.

Either the Armathor has not delivered the request for audience or you have decided not to grant the audience. If you have not received the request then I apologise for any bitterness you may detect. However if the case is that you have decided not to grant an audience it would have been polite to have been told that.

I do not make this request lightly as you are the only one that will be able to help me.

Please let me know if I am to be granted an audience as soon as possible as I need to make plans of my own if you decline the request.

With utmost respect

Mathor Lharythlin.
Defenders Barracks
Myth Drannor
Back to top Go down
magus_taliesin

avatar

Posts : 1759
Join date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:09 am

Back to top Go down
StaurosMallack



Posts : 459
Join date : 2011-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:25 am

A note arrives to the Coronal with the seal of Tyr on.
Dear Coronal i think the time has come, it is time to attack the Zhents and all of their allies, now that we have a number of theirarmies, now that we know what it is in casstle Grag, and also know that there is an underground enclave of duergars that leads to the drow camp, i cant believe Zhents doesnt know this, probably happen with their permision.
Now in the name of Tyr and in the name of your Gods and whatever holy have remain in these lands i call you and your people to a meeting of all the cells of resistance there are in these lands in four days, in neutral and holy grounds the temple of the Sun God.
It would be good your Armathor be there,
With honor Edward of Derthenes Warpriest of Tyr.
\\ i was thinking about this Monday around 20:00 gmt.
Back to top Go down
The Coronal

avatar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2011-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:23 am

Vornath_Bloodstar wrote:
Coronal
I have been trying to get a private audience with you for quite some time. I passed my original request onto the Armathor who said he would deliver the request to you.

Either the Armathor has not delivered the request for audience or you have decided not to grant the audience. If you have not received the request then I apologise for any bitterness you may detect. However if the case is that you have decided not to grant an audience it would have been polite to have been told that.

I do not make this request lightly as you are the only one that will be able to help me.

Please let me know if I am to be granted an audience as soon as possible as I need to make plans of my own if you decline the request.

With utmost respect

Mathor Lharythlin.
Defenders Barracks
Myth Drannor

* at last a note returns*

Mathor Lharythlin.
Defenders Barracks
Myth Drannor

We will meet you in a few days' time in the Defender Barracks. We have been remiss in Our tardy reply.

signed

Ilsevele Miriatar
Coronal of Myth Drannor

//sorry, rl has been very busy and I was feeling a bit worn out DMwise. Rl won't calm down til next week; can we make it 16th Thursday at 21:00 CET / 20:00 BST ?

Back to top Go down
The Coronal

avatar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2011-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:31 am

magus_taliesin wrote:
* reply to the High Priestess*
High Priestess Maya Silverlock
Cormanthor Temple

High Priestess Maya

We thank you for your fortitude and your honour in withholding any information at all about Our City. The price
paid must have been high and We are grateful for your commitment and aid. This is beyond what We would have expected of you.

We are glad also that you were rescued.

Signed
Ilsevele Miriatar

*underneath in a different hand, firm and flowing and clearly quite quickly written* I am truly glad you were not permanently harmed. I send my personal thanks for your silence under torture which goes beyond and above what I could ever have asked. The City is safer for it.
*Accompanying the letter is a small package with several gems cut in the Elven fasion and some exquisite skin lotions and bath oils. *
Back to top Go down
The Coronal

avatar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2011-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:32 am

StaurosMallack wrote:
A note arrives to the Coronal with the seal of Tyr on.
Dear Coronal i think the time has come, it is time to attack the Zhents and all of their allies, now that we have a number of theirarmies, now that we know what it is in casstle Grag, and also know that there is an underground enclave of duergars that leads to the drow camp, i cant believe Zhents doesnt know this, probably happen with their permision.
Now in the name of Tyr and in the name of your Gods and whatever holy have remain in these lands i call you and your people to a meeting of all the cells of resistance there are in these lands in four days, in neutral and holy grounds the temple of the Sun God.
It would be good your Armathor be there,
With honor Edward of Derthenes Warpriest of Tyr.
\\ i was thinking about this Monday around 20:00 gmt.

*A note returns*

Honoured Warpriest Edward

We will come to the meeting, but cannot come on the day named. The week after would be better.

Signed
Ilsevele Miriatar
Coronal of Myth Drannor
Back to top Go down
A_Roleplayer

avatar

Posts : 263
Join date : 2011-02-18
Age : 53
Location : UK (England)

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:40 am

The Coronal wrote:
Vornath_Bloodstar wrote:
Coronal
I have been trying to get a private audience with you for quite some time. I passed my original request onto the Armathor who said he would deliver the request to you.

Either the Armathor has not delivered the request for audience or you have decided not to grant the audience. If you have not received the request then I apologise for any bitterness you may detect. However if the case is that you have decided not to grant an audience it would have been polite to have been told that.

I do not make this request lightly as you are the only one that will be able to help me.

Please let me know if I am to be granted an audience as soon as possible as I need to make plans of my own if you decline the request.

With utmost respect

Mathor Lharythlin.
Defenders Barracks
Myth Drannor

* at last a note returns*

Mathor Lharythlin.
Defenders Barracks
Myth Drannor

We will meet you in a few days' time in the Defender Barracks. We have been remiss in Our tardy reply.

signed

Ilsevele Miriatar
Coronal of Myth Drannor

//sorry, rl has been very busy and I was feeling a bit worn out DMwise. Rl won't calm down til next week; can we make it 16th Thursday at 21:00 CET / 20:00 BST ?

My Lady Coronal
As always I will be available to meet you at any time and place of your choosing.

Mathor Lharythlin
Defenders Barracks
Myth Drannor

//i know what you mean about RL. 16th at 20:00 should be OK, will confirm in a PM later today when i get home.
Back to top Go down
The Coronal

avatar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2011-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:35 am

*sends a reminder around*

For any drow with out permission (ie not on the list) found within the borders of Myth Drannor (any land the boatman takes to get to) a 20,000 gold piece bounty shall be paid.

///to collect screen shot the body along with a name showing up the gold given in game.

Back to top Go down
magus_taliesin

avatar

Posts : 1759
Join date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Evocati

avatar

Posts : 1281
Join date : 2011-01-14
Age : 43
Location : United States of America

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:34 am

Coronal I have been content not get truely involved, until now....

During the past months I have heard of and witnessed your earnest attempts to broker lasting peace between all of us. Both you and Maya Silverlock have done as much as you could to keep the blood from spilling on the ground and for that I am appreciative. I recognize that were it not for you personally that we would not have a safe glade to reside in and for you to visit us and those who we could among us in general in peace. It is a place of refuge for us, but ironically for months it seems that I and others must take refuge from your subjects as more than from our mutual enemy, Lloth worshipers.

We each have our different ways of going about trying to achieve lasting peace. Mine are on a very personal level. I’ve acted as scout for Darthiiri expeditions into the har’oloth and risked my life several times for your subjects. Tried to mend old wounds where I was allowed to do so and tried to stay my hand as long as I could in the face of aggression by them, sometimes to the point of overlooking their conspiring with the Zhentaril. I have provided spells for them, provided intelligence for your defenders and overlooked quite a lot for the sake of peace.

I never wished to walk in Myth Drannor or even about its closest woods for peace must be achieved in the tiniest of steps I think. Oddly enough I find it insulting to Darthiiri to have one of us walking about near such ground and if I wished to be their friends I would not provoke their families and other friends by showing my face in such places. All I wished is to not be hunted and have my ear strung around Cairdha’s necklace or others like him.

A lesson imparted well by a human oddly enough, Karovir. He taught me what I already suspected but he confirmed; that many of your subjects it is simply too much to see our kind about the only recently reclaimed city of song. No matter what the purpose or good intent may be some will simply never be able to forget or forgive. We have seen this recently in the death of the Yathrin Lael’min who was my counselor on religious matters every bit as much as Maya Silverlock and who I walked in the woods with on many occasions. She was my friend and pro……*ink trails off on the page and drips heavily near the end*

I am afraid and I can no longer keep quiet on some things though. I take no pleasure in writing this, but see it as necessary as Lael’min’s life was the price paid for such brazen recklessness that both of you have both displayed recently and I feel that I would be doing her a great disservice to remain quiet. Coronal, both you and the High Priestess Maya Silverlock along with a few followers of the redeeming maiden have willfully ignored the attacks and repeated provocations by the Black Archers and their bedfellows for too long now. As such I shall now do what is needed and throw cold water upon all of your faces not because I want to but because I must.

My High Priestess often talks of appearances so let me paint this appearance for you Coronal; with your left hand you offer us coin and land and promises of peace, but with your right hand you hold the bloody arrows of the Black Archers in your hand all the while smiling at my High Priestess. That is how appearances look at the moment at worst. At best the two of you appear to have both been reckless and irresponsible gamblers with our lives as though it were coin to be wagered. I hold both you and Maya Silverlock personally responsible for Lael’min’s death as much as I hold the Black Archers responsible in a way. Having said that neither of you have anything to fear from me. Idealistic recklessness and a wanton disregard for one’s own life is not something I am going to harm anyone over.

Let’s not deceive ourselves and others though. The Black archers are your subjects and dwell in safety in your domains when not out collecting bloody trophies such as ears, scalps and other body parts like they presently do. One in particular has been more violent than most and I have five of his arrows now because of his zeal and inability to reason. I will not ask you to cast them out or even renounce them. I simply require that you understand that the Black Archers responsible for this lives are all henceforth forfeit as far as I am concerned. As our Battlemistress says and I agree and quote her here, “I no longer hold quarter for the Black Archers. We tried peace, they struck with war. I will not tolerate this injustice any longer”.

I do not ask that you punish them yourself, or that you cast them out of your domain you rule over. I request and require though that you and your subjects stay out of our way in this matter. Only those I am certain are Black Archers or those who enjoin in battle on their side should fear my spells. Those not of the ranks of the Black Archers shall be shown mercy, compassion and leniency where possible should they become entangled in the fray. I will use immobilizing spells when I have them, try to spare them any and all injuries to them I can for I consider them misled and do not wish them harm at all.

For the Black Archers though....nothing.
Back to top Go down
KnightCaptain



Posts : 494
Join date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:52 am

My Lady,

I feel that I must express my concerns over some of the things that I have seen since I have come to your city.

As you know I have been living here for several weeks.

In that time I have seen and heard about numerous attacks on elves by both drow and others. In every case not more than a handful of people were even mildly concerned about attacks on elves. In most cases not even mild concern. In no case was any action even contemplated.


A few days ago a drow was allegedly attacked by some elves. The only witness to the attack was a half-drow of proven unreliability.

if the aftermath of this attack, it is becoming clear that the elves of your city that care nothing when elves are attacked by drow are greatly outraged when drow are attacked.


I have seen or or heard reports of all of the following.

Elves threatening to murder other elves.
So-called eilistrean drow threatening to murder elves.
Our so-called allies threatening to abandon us.
Elves using abusive language at other elves who fail to threat the death of a drow as if it is many times worse than the death of any elf.
Elves who have sworn to defend the city turning their back on their duty and the people of the city because of the death of a drow.


Sadly, I can see no hope for a city where the people care so little for the lives of their own people and only care about the lives of their enemies.


When I swore an oath to you and your city, I swore to give you and the Armathor advice.

If the so-called eilistrean drow begin murderering elves, then they can and must be wiped out even if some of them may be innocent. By attacking us they will have proven beyond any doubt that they cannot be trusted and that they are a great threat to our people.

If our allies abandon us for taking necessary steps against aggressive enemies, then those allies are worthless anyway.


With Respect,

Anadra Nulentholen, ranger and defender
Back to top Go down
The Coronal

avatar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2011-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:48 pm

*The Coronal was tired out. When news of this landed on her desk she closed her eyes. Report came after report and letter after letter.

Before long she wrote an open reply, attaching a copy of Gul's letter*.

High Priestess Maya Silverlock and Children of Eilistraee

This is a tragedy. One that was bound to happen sooner or later but We had hoped strongly to avert it but the fanatic loyalty of some of teh Children of Shevarash is intense.

Our sincere condolences on the loss of Priestess Lael'min and to her family. Any loss of life of one of the true Children of Eilistraee is to be regretted.

It is against Our standing orders that all who live within Our city do not attack the Children of Eilistraee within Our lands and it is also known that We ask Our Defenders to refrain from violence without the city unless an elf's life is in imminant danger. We are receiving report after report that this attack on Priestess Lael'min but none from Defender Ras himself.

Thus we have issued orders that Ras is to be arrested and to be brought to trial. For this, the witnesses to the killing and yourself are invited. If you believe it essential you may bring two or three more may come; those who mourn her most perhaps. We ask you to bring them only if you believe that they will not allow their grief to overcome them and turn them to explosive violence within Our City.

This will be a fair trial.

If you know the names of the other Tel'quessir attackers please send immediate word.

High Priestess, We ask you to understand that We do not rule beyond Our borders. We ask and we request but unless any have sworn themselves to us we cannot demand others of the Kin act in certain ways because We have no authority over them. The Tel'quessir are of many tribes and many acknowledge no authority at all. We can however deny anyone found guilty of murder the sanctuary of the City and her resources.

We recieved also a letter from one of your Faithful named Gul. We would ask him to remember that he has initiated violence on occasion including striking the first blow. Indeed, We have overlooked his actions against Our people at times. It is quite possible that his aggressiveness against Our people has contributed to the fear of Our people which led in turn to an increased inclination to give little quarter to those who follow the blessed ways of Peace of the Maiden.

Our standing orders are that elf of Myth Drannor cannot attack Elf of Myth Drannor over any matter and We cannot ask, if a child of the Black Archer is attacked by an Eilistraeen, for another Kin to stand aside if they wish to aid the Kin.

This could lead to an extreme situation. Most of all We do not wish our tentative peace to be dissolved, High Priestess. We hope and We pray that we can return from the brink of what has the potential to become a war between our people. We do not wish this death, tragic as it is, to unravel the fragile peace we have achieved so far.

We will do all we can to retrieve the sword and Holy symbol and return them to you.

In sincere regret and hope to avert war

Ilsevele Miriatar
Coronal of Myth Drannor
Back to top Go down
KnightCaptain



Posts : 494
Join date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:13 am

Anadra sits down an writes another letter to the Coronal.

[quote]
My Lady,

I am greatly distressed by what I have seen recently in our city and in the surrounding regions.

There are elves in the city who argue that the followers of Sheveresh are traitors because they hunt our enemies. Do they not understand that a traitor is not someone who fights our enemies but is one who aids our enemies?

The guards of our city are forced to hesitate to defend themselves and the city when they see a drow in the camp because of your decree that certain drow are to be allowed to walk among us. Such hesitation will be fatal when the drow do decide to attack us again.

The so-called drow diplomats are seen entering the camp far more often than could possibly be explained by any diplomatic purpose.

I, myself, have been attacked twice in recent days by drow on the surface because I was forced to hesitate to defend myself because of your decree that so-called eilistrean drow can't be attacked.

I have seen on many occasions elves who were following without hesitation drow simply because they were claiming to be followers of Lolth's daughter. I have seen them doing so even after they have seen the drow attacking elves or other surface folk.

I have seen elves berating other elves because they don't trust drow.

I have seen elves berating other elves who failed to be properly outraged that a drow was attacked.

I have seen elves who don't even know the names of the Seledrine claiming that it is the will of the Seledrine that we accept without hesitation those that the Seledrine have cursed for their betrayal.

I have heard much of this so-called alliance with the drow. But I can't see how this alliance benefits the people of Myth Drannor in any tangible way. I don't feel that the small emotional satisfaction that some of our leaders get by helping people who may or may not deserve to be helped benefits the majority of our people who are put at risk by this alliance.

I have heard rumors that our so-called allies are threatening to attack elves and that our leaders are willing to go to great lengths to appease them so that they won't attack us.


I do not know if these problems can be changed but I can find very little reason for hope in the present situation.


With Respect,

Anadra Nulentholen,
ranger and defender
Back to top Go down
The Coronal

avatar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2011-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:20 pm

[quote="KnightCaptain"]Anadra sits down an writes another letter to the Coronal.

Quote :

My Lady,

I am greatly distressed by what I have seen recently in our city and in the surrounding regions.

There are elves in the city who argue that the followers of Sheveresh are traitors because they hunt our enemies. Do they not understand that a traitor is not someone who fights our enemies but is one who aids our enemies?

The guards of our city are forced to hesitate to defend themselves and the city when they see a drow in the camp because of your decree that certain drow are to be allowed to walk among us. Such hesitation will be fatal when the drow do decide to attack us again.

The so-called drow diplomats are seen entering the camp far more often than could possibly be explained by any diplomatic purpose.

I, myself, have been attacked twice in recent days by drow on the surface because I was forced to hesitate to defend myself because of your decree that so-called eilistrean drow can't be attacked.

I have seen on many occasions elves who were following without hesitation drow simply because they were claiming to be followers of Lolth's daughter. I have seen them doing so even after they have seen the drow attacking elves or other surface folk.

I have seen elves berating other elves because they don't trust drow.

I have seen elves berating other elves who failed to be properly outraged that a drow was attacked.

I have seen elves who don't even know the names of the Seledrine claiming that it is the will of the Seledrine that we accept without hesitation those that the Seledrine have cursed for their betrayal.

I have heard much of this so-called alliance with the drow. But I can't see how this alliance benefits the people of Myth Drannor in any tangible way. I don't feel that the small emotional satisfaction that some of our leaders get by helping people who may or may not deserve to be helped benefits the majority of our people who are put at risk by this alliance.

I have heard rumors that our so-called allies are threatening to attack elves and that our leaders are willing to go to great lengths to appease them so that they won't attack us.


I do not know if these problems can be changed but I can find very little reason for hope in the present situation.


With Respect,

Anadra Nulentholen,
ranger and defender

Defender Anadra

The situation with Kin coming close to attacking Kin over the Eilistraeens concerns Us deeply. If this ever happens with a Defender or one who lives within Our City then they will face the full force of Our laws. Beyond the City, we hold little sway though We do request that Kin hold to our traditions of courtesy and respect for each other. We cannot enforce each and every Kin to one point of view and to never disagree though We deplore deeply the ill words.

We expect and will enforce that Defenders do not do this. If they do then they will be disciplined.

The Shevarashans are not traitors.

However understand that the permitted EIlistraeens are not here only as diplomats but they have been given the freedom of the Refugee camp and the Lathandarite farms. Any of them may be challenged if they wear hoods but the guards at the entrance know their faces and will permit only these in [and if anyone else gets in, its damn high stealth or it's metagaming; screenie].

Understand too that the EIlistraeens fight the children of Vhaerun ceaselessly. Without their aid we would be sorer pressed than we are now. We do not need a worse situation especially as the Zhentarim threaten us and there are ongoing other threats.

We do indeed expect Defenders to adhere to Our orders not to attack the Eilistraeens. As warriors and Our trusted force, you are the elite and must show a higher standard.

Signed

Ilsevele Miriatar
Coronal of Myth Drannor
Back to top Go down
FunnyHatOfDeath



Posts : 331
Join date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:46 pm

*he places a copy of the recent letter to the Coronal*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


The Storm is here. You still have a chance to stop it.

This letter inclosed written by one of your 'goodly' Drow speaks volumes. Threatening death, to hunt down the Shevarishian's for perceived wrong doing.

How many beatings must take place before you expel them?
How many elves must be at elves due to their presence?
How much blood need to be spilled because they are continued to be harbored?
How many letters must fly to you asking for the same thing that you continue to ignore?

Do you not see how you trusting them, worthy or not have caused such friction? Such division?

Do you not see their plan unfolding as they shatter us apart, cause a pause before the arrow is loosed or the sword drawn and in that moment if an elf was to die becuase of this hesitation would you finally see the storm. Would you finally see the error in this.

Wake up to the realities. There is no place for them. It will always be so!!! Can you not see things quickly falling from your grasp? Can you not see the doubt in those around you? Can you not see the fragile hold you have on those around you as they look to their backs as the blasted ones walk by?

Expel them while you still can. For your sake for the sake of all our people!!!! If they are as 'goodly' as you say they are.. they will understand your reasoning and your will. If they are as I know them to be, they will move on their plans to subvert surface elves to their will shattered.. the tlerance of them no longer able to be seen.

For all our sakes....TOLERANCE IS TREASON!!! Cut off the offending arm...and let them go!

Wythran Tal
Son of Shevarash
Back to top Go down
KnowingMeKnowingYou

avatar

Posts : 1530
Join date : 2011-05-21
Age : 42
Location : old europe

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:10 pm

My Lady..

This is the first letter I am writing to you, me normally being a elf who doesn’t want to involve herself in politics and I didn’t want to bother you with my feelings before, knowing you to be very busy especially at these times, but witnessing the events of the past days I wish to express my deepest concerns and worries and to share my thoughts.

As you may know, I come from the hidden twilight realm of Sildeyuir. I left my homeplane in search of knowledge to aid my people at home in their defense against the dreaded Nilshai that invade our beautiful realm. When I arrived in your fair city I was happy to be welcomed with open arms and friendship.

I was also deeply troubled and angry to see my kin here also at war, in this case with the zhentish Humans and the lolthite and vhaerunite Drow. I have joined the defenders to help my kin here since i couldnt bear to see another elven realm suffer and to learn knowledge to later bring back to my people to help in our struggle at home.

My people at home didn’t have contact with the Dhaerow or any other of our traditional enemies since we left this plane two millennia ago, with us being safe on our plane from them.
The isolationism my people decided for themselves so long ago, has shown itself as our greatest weakness as we now face an enemy we only slowly begin to understand and find ourselves without any allies. Since leaving my home I have travelled many lands of the realms before coming to this fair city. The greatest lesson I have learned in my travels, is to judge people by their action and not by their race or words.

I understand that the black archers do good work in defending this city I now love so much, against the evil Dhaerow and they have saved many lives in doing their work, but I can´t understand their single minded blind hatred and why they ignore that Corellon himself acknowledges his daughter as on of his allies. The Dhaerow have been judged yes, and they are our enemies but the followers of the Dark Maiden repented the dark ways of their ancestors to atone for their deeds.

I can count some of the Elistraeens as my friends and I have seen them as being compassionate and helpful as many other elves of our fair city. They have shown me kindness and friendship. They have turned their backs on the dark gods of the Dhaerow and are one of the most valuable allies against the Drow, since they know them best of course.

I also know the human known as Ming who assaulted a defender and later killed herself. I can understand the pain she felt at the death of Lael, I deeply regret that the pain of the loss she felt brought her to such rash actions, wich of course is not an excuse for the behaviour she has shown when we she attacked us (with me being only lightly hurt). I kindly ask you to consider to allow her at the trial even though she attacked a defender.

It greatly saddens me now to see us arguing and almost fighting among each other because of rash actions by some of us…
There is no gain in us fighting the Elistraeens or them fighting us. Only our enemies will benefit from this.
We all should consider who are our real enemies and put aside all feelings of hate and to focus our energies on them and not fighting among ourselves.

With deepest respect and worries

Auryne Linthariel
Defender and Feylock
Back to top Go down
KnightCaptain



Posts : 494
Join date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:40 pm

My lady,

thank you for your prompt replay to my last letter.

there are a few additional points that I feel need to be addressed.

regarding the fact that the so-called eilistrean drow fight against the children of Vhaerun, I must remind you that the children of Lolth and even the children of Vhaerun will fight against them. just fighting against drow does not prove that they are not our enemies.

by now I am sure that you have learned that the so-called eiliestrean drow have sent a letter to our city in which they are threatening to murder elves. I believe that by threatening to murder elves they have proven beyond any shadow of a doubt that they can't be trusted and that they are not truly our allies.

I must say, that despite your orders, I cannot stand by and do nothing while they carry out their threats to murder elves.

if you wish for me to leave the service of the defenders because I can not stand by and do nothing, then I will do so.


with respect,

Anadra Nulentholen
Back to top Go down
Slartibartfaß

avatar

Posts : 1086
Join date : 2010-10-22
Location : Europe

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:54 pm

A letter is delivered to the Coronal - and the Coronal only.

Mylady,

I have restrained from writing you about that for months because I didn't want to waste your time with it. But I have come to a point where I simply can't stand it any longer.
I want to be put on a trial before an elven court to once and for all solve the problems between the elves and me.
I'm tired of being called "Zhent lover" and I'm seriously disappointed that I was even tricked into not being part of the rescue of Shadowdale's farmers, something I happily offered my help for.
(I spent two entire days at the place I was told to meet the contact at, just to learn afterwards that there was no meeting point there at all).

I have for sure done at least two very stupid things - the open insult on the Armathor out of anger and frustration and the out-knocking of Arjay during that unfortunate incident at the river near the Crossroad a few months ago - but I am not what I am treated as and called since then.
And I want to proove that during a trial.
You may assign whomever you see fit as judge and I will accept whatever the judgement may be.


Respectfully,
Jeyana Merryfoot
Back to top Go down
arcylisia



Posts : 469
Join date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:49 pm

(( A letter is delivered to the Coronal by way of Ilmryll ))

M’lady Coronal,

I write this with a heavy heart knowing that I have struck down one of elven blood so close to your lands. Words cannot convey the feelings of pain I feel over this, even if it was the one who killed our sister. As of late, I have tried to be more pacifist in these situations and avoid them other than council to others, but in this heat of the moment, I repaid the violence swiftly. I did indeed end it quickly, but I did not enjoy it.

I am sorry for coming to the lands during such a sensitive time, but it was something of what I thought may be an emergency. I had been contacted the night before by letter via Armathor Sherne in what was a rather disturbing manner that concerned me for his safety (and still does), and I also had a rather urgent message to deliver to Mathor Gode. Needing both of these, I came to the city. I had hoped in that surrounded by guards as I had been, there would have been no conflict. I guess this was foolish of me, and I am sorry for it.

So I apologize formally for what I have done in this case, particularly in striking down one of elven blood, whether self defense or not. I truly do hope though that we may foster peace between our peoples, and one day coexist well together.

With the love and song of our Maiden,

Lorena Shah’in
Unseen Dancer of the Moon
Harper Agent
Back to top Go down
The Coronal

avatar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2011-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:05 pm

A quick note back becuse the Coronal is rather busy.

"thank you Lorena Shah'in. We understand a little better but a letter to them both would have been wiser. The situation as you know is extremely delicate.

You will be welcomed again in Our lands in a month's time.

Signed
Ilsevele Miriatar
Coronal of Myth Drannor
Back to top Go down
arcylisia



Posts : 469
Join date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:38 pm

My Lady Coronal and Armanthor Sherne,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and high spirits. Maya Silverlock has recently directed me to assist her by acting as Temple Diplomat. In this capacity I will work very closely with both Maya and Ilmryll to help keep the dialogue open between our two peoples. However, please do not feel all communication with the temple, and Maya, need come through me. I am here to assist, not be a hinderance to open discussion.

I would like to extend the personal gratitude from every member of the Shard for working so hard to return Lael'min's possessions and remains to us so swiftly. It brings a great deal of comfort in these dark days to know that we can honor her remains as they deserve to be.

I write today about the situation with Ciardha. We understand that his actions are considered outside of your jurisdiction, and thus you cannot hold him. No ill will shall be directed towards Myth Drannor for his second release. We do intend to bring this man to justice for his crime, however. I hope the Defenders of the city can understand this and remain uninvolved should he and a member of our faithful come to blows in the future. We will not hand him or his body over a third time, in order to avoid placing you in the awkward situation of holding and releasing Ciardha again.

Upon his release, however, we do request that Ciardha find no safe haven in Myth Drannor or its camp. He has repeatedly shown an utter unwillingness to act peacefully towards the Eilistraeens to which the city is allied. For him to retain the city and the camp as a safe haven after all he's done, the gruesome trophies he has taken, and the attacks he has both precipitated and encouraged would seem contrary to our alliance. It further provides him free reign to strike out at our faithful and retreat to the absolute safety of the camp, manipulating your laws and situation as a shield carry out murder without repercussion.

If Ciardha showed remorse for his actions, or displayed a willingness to change his ways this would be an entirely different matter to us. The Maiden is a goddess of forgiveness, and though it is often hard for us to follow her example, we strive to do so with all we have. One must seek redemption, however, and since this man has not we cannot abide his actions towards the members of our shard.

We further request an explanation, of some kind, as to why the names of those present at the meeting with the Sheverashian and Defenders at the inn in the camp were not passed on to the other Defenders. We understand that you do not have jurisdiction over all elves, nor any standing to demand the Black Archers to not raise sword nor arrow against us. We had hoped, however, that the meeting was to be the first step towards ensuring those officially part of the city's military force would recognize and avoid conflict with our members. Perhaps we misunderstood the purpose of the meeting, or all assumed that the individual Defenders would be more proactive in knowing their allies. These assumptions cost a very dear friend her life.

In order to avoid further confusion, I have attached a list of names and sketches for every drow currently under the protection of the temple, which will be updated in haste should the list ever change. We will be more than happy to facilitate this process by meeting Defenders for introductions in a place safe for both parties. However, we must ask for initiative on the part of the Defenders in this process. We do not know everyone in your ranks, and thus cannot seek them out individually with this information. We cannot accept ignorance as an excuse in these matters, or in the matter of Lael'min's death.

Should any of these Drow be attacked, the temple will defend them with vigor. Should they be murdered, we will seek justice. In the future, we hope this can be an issue we work together on. For example, bringing drow who's identity is unclear to another Defender, or one of us, for identification. All of our members are aware that this may happen and will react peaceably to such a request. If the unthinkable does happen, and there is any inkling of a chance that the drow is of the shard, we request their body and possessions being returned to us immediately.

Furthermore, we hope our alliance with Myth Drannor means the Defenders are willing to take a role in ensuring our faithful are not murdered in cold blood. We understand the inability to raise sword against kin, despite the fact that we do exactly that in defense of elves on a regular basis. Despite that, we do feel Defenders should assist us in keeping the peace through nonviolent means. Which may be as simple as stating that the faithful are allies of the city of song, or as complex as stalling so we can exit the situation.

In the end, Lady Coronal, we simply wish to help the city of song retake its rightful place as the crown jewel of Cormanthor. It will be, however, impossible for us to do so if the Defenders have so little respect for the lives of our faithful that the could assist in murder, or even simply watch it happen.

Thank you for your time in this matter. It has caused a great strain on all of us, but despite our sadness and anger over her loss we understand that her death was not the wish of you nor our many strong allies within Myth Drannor. Though they are vehemently opposed to one another, the Black Archers, Lolthites, and Vhaeraunites all share the common goal of destroying this alliance. It will require a great deal of work on all of our parts to ensure this does not come to pass.

Once this situation has calmed and the storm passed, we would like to meet with you and come to a clearer and formal understanding as to the relationship of our peoples.

With Maiden's Blessings and deepest respect,
Eilysia Aelitace

(( Attached is a stack of detailed sketches. Each contains notes about hair color, eye color, usual attire, and defining marks. Their full name is given as part of the sketch.

Aerisa Am'rith
Ariyana Aelitace
Eilysia Aelitace
Erthindia Rilyntlar
Gul'Karik
Lorena Auvryath Shah'in
May'katcha Irae'ryne
Maya Silverlock
Mith Kal'daka Ischarri
Daniki Ver'teth

))
Back to top Go down
The Coronal

avatar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2011-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:34 am

Yet another letter over this affair. She opened it without enthusiam and began reading.

At the end of the reading the strain in her face has eased and she begins dictating her reply without the considerable thought that some of the other letters have needed. This woman is a straight talker and she neither covered her words nor, the Coronal suspected, expected her to veil hers.

Eilysia Aelitace
Diplomat

Greetings

Congratulations on your appointment as Diplomat.

We find your approach refreshing, Diplomat Eilysia. Again We express Our regret at the death of the Priestess. We hope that a small measure of peace can be gained through holding her possessions in your care now.

The Black Archer Ciardha. Although We dislike his actions greatly We have no legal grounds for holding him and have not had for some time. Our remit does not extend beyond Our lands although We request elves to stay their hands agaisnt Eilistraeens. We have both always known, Diplomat, that the Eilistraeens walk a very dangerous path and some Kin are obsessive in their hatred of the Dhaerow, to the point of misdirecting that hate, but We are not able to stop them.

We shall have to release him. He will be banned from Our lands for a period of ten years reduced to one if he swears to obey Our laws. We will not shelter him. Defenders will not aid him if he attacks one of your flock though neither may they raise their hand against Kin. We regret that this may lead to future tragedies greatly but We cannot allow Kin to raise hand to Kin. We will however ask them to attempt to ease the situation but this will be of limited use at times.

We understand that you will seek to find him. That is between you and him.

We should have passed the names of the known Eilistraeens to Our Defenders. This was a misjudgement and for that, We apologise.

We have published the list of Eilistraeens known to all Defenders now. However we are considering removing the name of Gul. He is very ready to attack at times. At the least a serious warning will be attached in his case and if he makes any hostile move then in his case Our Defenders are entitled to defend themselves and Kin. All others will be stated as safe and not to be attacked.

We have some reservations about publically publishing your names and descriptions for all Kin to see, but it may be for the best. Inform Us of your wishes in this matter, if you wish all to know your descriptions or only Defenders.

We agree that if it is possible, Defenders are to bring those who claim to be Eilistraeen to another Defender. We do not advise bringing them to your Glade for the sake of security and We have no other regular way of communicating. If Dhaerow who are not Eilistraeen are brought to the City, then if they are not confirmed then they will be executed.

We are indeed willing to meet and to come to a clearer and more formal understanding.

Lastly again, congratulations on your appointment as Diplomat. It is one of the hardest of roles and We wish you every success and luck with it. We are pleased that High Priestess Maya has such able support.

Signed
Ilsevele Miriatar
Coronal of Myth Drannor.


Back to top Go down
KnightCaptain



Posts : 494
Join date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:10 am

My lady,

by the time you receive this I will have departed from your city and the region.

it was not a decision that I made lightly and I feel that you should know the reasons that I felt I must leave.

but I cannot stay in a city where elves willingly befriend our enemies that they know are planning to kill our kin.

I am sure by now you have seen the letters that the dhaerow wrote in which they clearly state that they plan to murder your people. the people that it is your duty to protect.

I don't believe that there can be any good reason for you or any other elf to form an alliance with them.

it is true that they will sometimes fight against some of our enemies when they are not too busy murdering elves. but they don't fight against our enemies to help us they do so only because those enemies are their own.

I do not believe there can be a good reason for you to cast out our kin for attacking those that by their own words have proven that are our enemies.

I do not believe that a Coronal is infallible nor is it a crime to disagree with one. Correlon gave us minds of our own and I believe that he want us to use them not to act like mindless golems. but you have appointed as acting Armathor a man who believes that we should act like mindless golems. who threatens to arrest people for disagreeing with actions of the Coronal that clearly are not in the best interest of the city or its people. who lectures about the will of the Selderine while insulting our kin for obeying the dictates of the Selderine.


I do not think I will ever return to this region.

I will pray every day that the Selderine will either change the hearts of the leaders of the city or send leaders that have the best interests of the people of the city in their hearts.


Anadra Nulentholen,
ranger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here   

Back to top Go down
 
Letters to the Coronal, High Mage, Armathor, Keeper, Mathors, Akh Faern and Ilaerothil to go here
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The return of the High Mage
» The keeper of the seas
» High Noon (A Cowboy/wildwild west story)
» A letter to the Coronal, as well as a copy to the Eilistraeens.
» Dragon Slayer vs Celestial Spirit Mage (Mari and Alice)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: The Cormathor, Myth Drannor, and Lathander Settlement-
Jump to: