Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Harvest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DM Kirin

avatar

Posts : 86
Join date : 2017-09-13
Age : 35
Location : Mexico

PostSubject: The Harvest   Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:09 pm

Delayed by the problems with sick livestock, drow raids, and general uneasiness, the harvest is now starting in Shadowdale. Laborers are working hard to make up for lost time, as the roads and fields have a more robust than usual vigilance by the local militia and the Black Hounds.

There are daily services in the Chauntean Temple, and some farmers even resort to a religious nightly sortie in the northern fields to pay tribute to the Frostmaiden so that the chill of winter is delayed until the labors are done.

A surprise is that some laborers and farmhands from Voonlar have showed up, hired collectively at an undisclosed rate by a handful of families that lost progeny or house-heads during the past years due to the unfortunate incidents that befell the town... rumors say that Lord Falconhand sweetened the deal in some way for the northerners to come. It was necessary to have extra hands to help around as the harvest has proven to bee bountiful even in the poorer lands... other families disapprove of this, but keep quiet as they at least understand and some even share the same pain and loss to a lesser degree. The foreigners are given shelter in the Old Skull Inn and keep generally to themselves, performing their work diligently. It is obvious that they do not see the locals with favorable eyes.
Back to top Go down
DM Kirin

avatar

Posts : 86
Join date : 2017-09-13
Age : 35
Location : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:13 am

The Black Hounds seem to have generously donated a cart, horses and one iron golem to help the farming community by lightening the workload with their usage, courtesy of Commander Cruven. Apparently the golem only obeys commands given by a Black Hound member, but it's usage is widely requested with heavy loads. The first days of the Harvest are off to a good start so far...
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1060
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:21 pm

*Upon hearing the news that that Shadow dale, is mending it's ways with with City of Songs. The Moon elf Druidess Ravossel can be seen more often in the farming town. She slowly strolls though the salted/abandoned lands, and then into the more vibrant, busy lands. Slowly her pace comes to a stop looking about, be for finally moving too different farmers that look like they need help to gather they're crops. With a Smile Ravossel reintroduces her self humbly, and offers her aid in gathering the crops.*

Back to top Go down
Hensul



Posts : 539
Join date : 2012-02-17

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Tom, the old farmer, would spend all his time in the fields, doing his part of the harvest with great dedication. He would attend to all the services in the temple of Chauntea that time allows, and donates some of the meager means he has at his disposition. ((A DM can remove gold from him IG)).

With a wide smile he would work side by side with men and women of human kind, and with a scowl and a dissatisfied grunt he would tolerate the presence of "monsters", more or less in silence. Only a few times every now and then one could still hear him grumbling in a low voice something in the lines of "descendants of rodents, pointy-ears and other scum..", "filth taking our jobs...", "Dont want em, and dont like em", and "we got to build that wall taller..."
Back to top Go down
DM Kirin

avatar

Posts : 86
Join date : 2017-09-13
Age : 35
Location : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:55 pm

The presence of Ravossel is welcomed by some of the farmers she introduces herself to and aids, as they remember her from previous meetings when druids approached the town more frequently. These happen to be some of the poorer folks, or farmers whom had closer ties with the druidic Circle in past years.

A handful of farmers decline her help in a rude manner, as there are some that still resent the Circle for limiting the gathering of lumber from the nearby forests. There's a group of laborers working on various fields by turns (all seem foreigners) that look at her openly with disdain and at first simply stare at her every now and then before resuming their work.

Nevertheless, she finds plenty of work as the harvest is bountiful and hands are needed. Some farmers inquire if the druids from the Circle are returning to the region after a long period of absence and quiet. Work in the fields is overseen by local militia making frequent patrolling, as well as some Black Hound mercenaries. The only notable incident is a paticularly heated discussion between the Voonlarran laborers and some locals that fortunately does not go beyond insults under the careful watch of the militia.


~@~@~@~@

Tom, the old farmer, quickly finds himself helped by some like minded laborers and farmhands from the older families of Shadowdale. Apparently they also regard the foreign laborers with distrust, and some talk about "those upstarts from Voonlar" needing a lesson taught make the rounds every now and then.  They also regard the druidess working with some of the families of Shadowdale with reserve, some of the younger farmhands note that she's rather comely "for a knife ears".

Old Tom is often invited for drinks and dinner at the local tavern and some of the households of the old families of Shadowdale. There's talk about the Lord Falconhand being somewhat responsible of the presence of the Voonlarrans, and how courting an alliance with Myth Drannor could prove beneficial/detrimental in the coming years. The theme of the portals and drow attacks weigh heavily in the minds of everybody, and the theme is rarely discussed as it is thought bad luck, like courting disaster to strike. Nevertheless, the presence of the druidess and the foreigners seem to be themes of tension to an extent...

~@~@~@~@

In general, the mood is one of resolution and no-nonsense collaboration. The fact that there will be no traditional Harvest Festival leaves a sour taste in everyone's mouth, but everyone also understands that ensuring the granaries are filled for the coming winter and everyone is secure is the priority. Perhaps because of the constant daily tribute to the Earthmother and nightly praising of the Frostmaiden, the days have been unusually warm and the weather fair... everyone works efficiently with a shared goal in mind. Shadowdale is quite focused and unified in the current task at hand.
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1060
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:55 pm

* The rudeness and disdain of some of the folks, is still met with kindness, pointlessness, and a soft smile. Well, any one can easily find a soft joy full smile upon her lips, and voice. *

* Were she finds that her aid is welcomed, Ravossel sets to the stacks given to her, in the fields. They would soon find that she's not the fastest, nore the slowest, but most defiantly steady till the task is completed.*

* Ravossel shares a few words with the farmers who ask her about the Druidic Cerical. Would learn that they have never left and always present in the woods beyond. They'll also learn that she's a Druid of Queen Lurue, and the resin she is back is because she heard that their is a possible sickness about. *

* The ones who take the time to look/stare/study her, would find that her skin is a soft Lavender Blue in coloring, a holy symbol of Queen Lurue is stitched upon her full length pearl white robs, and while working in the fields Ravossel keeps her hood up, to protect her ears, face from the Sun. While talking with others her hood is lowered. *

*IF the topic of the Harvest Festival comes up around Ravossel, she'll offer a smile, and inquire why that is. *
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1060
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:18 pm

*As the days roll on, Ravossel takes some time, as she moving in between the farms she helping, to stop and look over / upon the sickened animals, trying to diagnose what the sickness may be. *

(( If states and the like are needed, let me know pleas. ))
Back to top Go down
Hensul



Posts : 539
Join date : 2012-02-17

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:30 pm

Tom keeps up the hard work, and together with the other farmers he has his days full. If he ever were to pick up the comments of comely elf, he would make a grimace and discourage interbreeding with such abominations. He would also ever so often point at the blue elfs back and remind everyone around that she is the very same druid that some years back vouched a group of malarite druids and led them to town, which caused massive destruction, and the death of multiple civilians. Many of them children.

Showing great appreciation for the invitations, Tom never came late nor outstayed his welcome. He
would always praise the food and drinks he was given, no matter the quality or quantity. '
When ever the name of Lord Falconhand was brought up, he would mainly stay silent and listen to the "word of the street". As long as the workers in topic was of the human race, he would not really get too engaged in the conversations, but if a hin, elf, gnome, dwarf, halfbreeds of any kind, or elemental connected people took center stage of the conversation, his xenophobic, ignorant and racist world-view would surface rapidly.

Unwilling to deal with non-humans, Tom would advice anyone who cared to listen against allying with Myth Drannor, but besides that he joined the silent ranks who tried to silence the situation to death.
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1060
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:21 pm

* He also for gets, too add that she did fight them as well, she also helped in getting rid of two Talon Plages, supplied archery training to a few Millita members, and fought along side the town against the undead hoards, and have supplied medical aid in years past. Ravossel, and her Tiger Donnleen have also worked with The High Harvest Mistress Juila in years past with the Orphanage in the Temple.*
Back to top Go down
DM Kirin

avatar

Posts : 86
Join date : 2017-09-13
Age : 35
Location : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:09 pm

The night before the attack of Myth Drannor took place a surprise blizzard hit the Dales. The snow reached a height of few feet, however, it melted over the course of the next couple days following warmer weather.

Farmers and laborers by this point are almost finished with the late harvest, but take this as a sign that the Frostmaiden has been rather generous withholding harsher weather and the happening is taken as a sign asking for further tribute.

A portion of the remaining harvest is affected by the frost, but a much smaller quantity than what would the sudden snow would have ravaged, further proof in the eyes of many that the Frostmaiden must be appeased further.

Some laborers openly seek out an aurilite priest in order to pay tribute, while everyone focuses on finishing the harvest as quickly as possible.

~@~@~@~@

Ravossel is welcomed in many homes, as her diligent work has proven quite valuable and her company seems to be appreciated by the more open to strangers folks of Shadowdale. Her efforts to tend to the livestock prove to open her many doors, as a rather large quantity of livestock seems ill. ((Heal check, Spellcraft check)).

The day after the snow melts, the group of foreign laborers seem to pay particular heed to the druidess' whereabouts throughout the day, and when the sun sets, a pair of the men seem to follow her quite shamelessly from a distance, in plain sight.

~@~@~@~@

The day after the snow melted, Old Tom is approached by a group of youngsters. They ask the old man if he knows what he thinks of the strange blizzard, and weather or not the elven druidess might have had something to do with either the snow falling or lifting so suddenly.  

Tom may recognize the youngsters as local farmhands that have been around in the same dinners he has been invited to, and the lot seems to have taken a liking to his rough words against non humans, his simple but sincere ways, and his opinion to shun the efforts of Myth Drannor and Shadowdale to rekindle relations.

[edited language (Yuber)]
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1060
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:29 am

* Each home Ravossel is invited to stay at, she accepts the offers humbly, and thank fullly not wanting to be rude. She also offers a gift of thanks, for letting her stay for the night. *

* The gift would very from stories, too wooden carved toys for the children, too a cloth bundle that holds a mix of druid fruits ranging from apples too peaches, and berries mixed with roasted nuts, to make a type of trail mix, the cloth would be about seven pounds give or take. This all depends upon the home she is invited too stay the night inn.*

* Like all elfs Ravossel only needs few hours to " sleep ", not wanting to wake the house hold, she sits cross legged were she was " sleeping " Meditates on the problem of the sickened animals, and praying too her goddess Lurue, fore blessings that would aid in solving this problem.*


* Seeing the crop is nearly Harvested, Ravossel uses the remaining time to fouces soul upon the live stock, seeing how meany are now sickened, and if not cured a threat of a winter plague looms dangerly close. This defiantly worries Ravossel, though she dose try to hide it, any one thats working with her around thees animals, can defiantly tell she's worried. Ravossel even goes as far as wearing very basic cheep clothing while working with thees animals, so that at the end of the day, she can burn the potently tainted gloves and cloths.*

*When or if any brings up this topic about the weather, and the offerings.*
" Ravossel would simply advice that as long the offerings are meaning full, and are true of thanks. Both the Earth Mother, and the FrostMaiden will take notice. " *Her eyes drift to the feels, then look back at the ones talking with her* " Perhaps a combined offering too the two powers, would be more suited considering, how well the crops faird.?"


*Though out the eye, from time to time Ravossel kepted a loos eye, and a loos ear out and for thees particular laborers that have been keeping eyes on her.  As the sun slowly sets, and the two are fallowing her, Ravossel turns a corner or rounds a tree  , to were she is out of side for a moment, be for fully disapaering all to gather. *

*Ravossel trys to move as stealthy and quietly as possible, be for trying too reapaer be hind the two that have been fallowing her, a good 8 feet away.* *with a tilted head of a cat~like curiosity, a soft friendly smile. Ravossel asks.* " Parden me, but why are the two of you fallowing me ?


Last edited by Aidan Airna on Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1060
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:43 am

((Pm sent ))
Back to top Go down
Hensul



Posts : 539
Join date : 2012-02-17

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:57 am

Spoiler:
 

If anyone were to point out any of this for Tom, he would reply that even a broken clock shows the right time twice a day, and that also the Zhents trained the militia and fought against enemies of the town etc.

Honest as always, Tom would reply to the younglings that he truly didnt know for sure, but that his gut-feelings told him that was very likely that the druidess might have a hand in play. After that he would follow up with a speech on how the knife-ears was trying to infiltrate the town.

Back to top Go down
DM Kirin

avatar

Posts : 86
Join date : 2017-09-13
Age : 35
Location : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:32 am

~@~@~@~@

Ravossel quickly finds out that the disease affecting the livestock is not contagious to humans, and while it has debilitating effects, it is not fatal. She finds the symptoms of the disease unnatural, and suspects there was foul magic involved in this, as the resistance of the disease to being treated seems more reminiscent of a curse.  

As such, she suspects that to heal the sick livestock, both healing treatment and ways to dispel harmful effects such as a restoration or perhaps even a remove curse spell would be needed. The scope of quantity is a matter to consider, because the livestock sickened is plentiful in number.

~@~@~@~@

The day after the snow melts, Ravossel finds herself followed by the strangers. She takes the upper hand of them when she does her stunt to get behind them. This visibly spooks them, and while one hurriedly flees (presumably to where their friends are at), the other laborer confronts the druidess.

"Don't get too full of yourself, doghead. We may be hired hands, but we ain't not fools neither. We were just keeping tabs on you, don't want you causing trouble for us now. Just wondering why a long ears she-elf would be working here at them fields, rather than staying well out in the woods where the rest of your ilk dwell."
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1060
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:08 pm

* Even so the sickness may not be contagious too humans, Ravossel Still takes extreme care, into to spread sickness. *


* Upon learning thees facts about the sickness, Ravossel freely shares it, but warns that thees animals are still sick, and the sickness could still pass to people consumed the milk, meats, and eggs given by thees animals.*


*Ravossel dose minchen she has a few thoughts on how to lift the sickens.*


*She leads one sick animal away and into a pin by it's self. When the animal is soothed, and calmed down, she begins to chant a set of blessings upon the animal.*


* In the fallowing order Remove Disease >>> Restoration >>> Rejuvenation cocoon >>> with a Heal spell while the Cocoon spell is active. *


* Upon the compilation of this set of blessings, Ravossel studies the animal for a time, and though out the day checks up on the animal.*


*After the remaining labor has spoken, Rovossel slowly steps forward, with a hand extended to the labor for a human~like greeting hand shake, with a friendly smile*

" I'm Ravossel. "

" As to why i'm here, I've lived inn and around this area now for about six years. "

" Some of the towns folk, and some of whom are friends, looked liked they could use a extra helping hand, so I offered to lend a helping hand. "

*Ravossel then falls quite as she looks over to were the sickened animals are.*

" Thees animals are sickend, and in pain. "

*A shake of the head, as she looks back at the Labor. *

" I would not be a very good Druid of Queen Lurue, if I did not heed the crys of pain from thees animals, and I would also not be a very good Healer if I did not stay. To make sure the folks of this town stayed free from this sickness. "

(( Pm Sent ))
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1060
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:04 am

*Gives it a Paw Bump*
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1060
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:42 pm

* Depending what happens, but if the desired result did not happen. Ravossel would them meditate upon the results for some time, then tray once more, but with a different spell/Blessing order, upon a difrent animal.*

* The second spell order is as fallows, Remove Disease, To brake the current progression of the sickness>>> Restoration, to undo the harm of the sickness>>> Rejuvenation cocoon, To make sure the first two problems are purged, and held back >>> Grater Dispelling, in the hopes that'll brake, and lift the curse side effect of the sickness. *
Back to top Go down
DM Kirin

avatar

Posts : 86
Join date : 2017-09-13
Age : 35
Location : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:56 am

~@~@~@~@

Ravossel's efforts with the livestock see some progress: Her treatment seems to heal the animals she treats to an extent, but not as much as she would have expected. The disease is lessened but not completely removed. This seems highly unusual to Ravossel, and confirms that the disease is not natural but rather magical in nature... worse, it's resistance to being removed is reminiscent of a curse.

~@~@~@~@

Ravossel confronts the foreign laborer, and when she extends her hand in greeting, the man spits on the ground and refuses to acknowledge her.

"As expected of these Dalesfolk... mingling with dogheads. Must be what brought the sickness in the first place. You stay out of our way, unless you want trouble. And stay out of the fields from now on... we don't want no dogheads around, your filth might rub on us."

The man sneers and leaves without further word nor awaiting a reply.
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1060
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:36 pm

*Ravossel takes a few more notes, of sickness and it's effects, and her thoughts of it, and how too cure it. She then starts Drawing patters upon a fresh piece of paper, perhaps more runic~like type of patters.*

*Ravossel simply sighs softly*

*Look of puzzle~ment, then a shake of the head, as the man walks away.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
((Posting to build off of the Mini event))

*Ravossel then finds a quite~ish out of the way spot, next too a fire near a random farm house too add the finishing touches too her notes.*

*A anther encounter with same laborer just like the other encounters with him. Ravossel shakes her head when he along with the other labors finally walk off with no voilents.*

*A woman approaches Ravossel with concerns about her chickens, knowing that she can't aid them all directly, Ravossel looked upon her notes, and too the woman as she speaks.*

*Upon request Ravossel is given a spare wooden bowel by the woman. With the bowel in Hand Ravossel sets about inscribing the patterns upon the bowel, took quite some time, and nearly the same amount of time agin, too fill the bowel with a liquid.*

*A liquid that Ravossel claims would temperately give some releave to the small sickened animals that drinks the liquid from the bowel. Ravossel adivces that as long the bowel is filled with good clean water, it'll aid the animals the drink from it.

* Be for leaving Ravossel asked the woman to lend aid, by sharing and taking care of the bowel, to aid the small animals, while she worked on a more perniment cure.*

*With that Ravossel exits, and heads rights too were the Militia Caption is.*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Ravossel looks for Commander Vorik, in both temples, the barics, would even ask a few guards on were they can be found.*


*upon Finding him, Ravossel smiles a friendly greeting.*

*Gives him a full update about the sickness with the animals, and how she's progressing with it. Then she reports about the three passive hostile encounters with the labor Hart, and gives his name, and a description.*

*Ravossel then smiles, and explanes that even though she doughts he'll do any thing at all, it'll alowe her to more easily fouce upon her self appointed task if she had two guards fallow her about.*

*with a smile Ravossel even offers to pay their wages as long the're asinged too her.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* After words regardless of how the meeting whent Ravossel then heads too the House of Plenty too Meditate in the guards for a length of time, about five hours, also gives her guards (( if any )) bit of a respite.*

*After words, Ravossel heads too the kitchen of the temple, and gathers four more wooden bowels, and a quick sank of fruits, and few slices of toasted bread* Yummmm *few golden coins are left in the kitchen along with a note*

" Sorry, , needed a snake and four wooden bowels, here are some gold coins."
" Love: Ravossel "

*She then heads to the Crafting section of the temple, were she sets about too make four more bowels of the simler type as to how she made them the night be for, but unlike last night she uses charcoal marker to draw the lines, be for the final etching. *

(( PM sent ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Harvest   

Back to top Go down
 
The Harvest
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Harvest Festival of Lights [Social][Open to All]
» Collecting the Harvest(Mission/Kaiser and Kai)
» SUMMER HARVEST EVENT

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Shadowdale-
Jump to: