Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Looking for Leaders

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave Fritz

avatar

Posts : 733
Join date : 2011-07-19
Age : 71
Location : Kingston, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Looking for Leaders   Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:57 pm

Bart Smith approaches various people in Shadowdale. He asks questions of each. They are of the nature of "Who runs this town?" If anyone mentions a name he doesn't recognize, he asks "Where may I find them?"
(((OOC The only name he would recognize is Valtore. )))

Failing to find Valtore in his search, he also asks about other leaders of the Mages Guild and whether there is a guard or police force.

((( OOC Of course, he hasn't met Justin. )))

"Wish I could find that beggar that I tried to get back into being a cobbler.", he thinks to himself.
Back to top Go down
Eypheha



Posts : 74
Join date : 2016-01-24
Location : Colorado

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Leaders   Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:56 pm

Annelise, knowing Bart and seeing him walk steadfastly from person to person, listens and then walks beside him for a while.

"Bart...friend. You know this place. Have you ever seen where the guards go? I know there was a place but now...I think they simply do it out of habit. There is no guard house or constabulary. I see no jail or even a place that claims to dispense justice."

She stops him with a friendly hand. "As for who is in charge...the mage's guild may claim that honor. Yet do the guards answer to them?"

She takes a deep breath and continues. "I have not seen any person who claims authority here. Truthfully, I doubt this place wants to be ruled. So, now they will suffer for that freedom."

Back to top Go down
AsuraKing

avatar

Posts : 3066
Join date : 2011-02-27
Age : 26
Location : Look closely at your shadow, you might just see me there!... If not listen for the clanking!

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Leaders   Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:55 pm

An armored man decorated with images of hounds glances over at the two as he passes.

"Yer lookin' fer the leader o' Shadowdale? Tha'd be elf Falconhand, his office is in tha' Selunite temple place. Under him would be Vorik, the head o' the militia last I heard."
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

avatar

Posts : 2179
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 42
Location : somewhere not normal

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Leaders   Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:41 am

Valtore is sitting by the fire, smoking his pipe while reading a book. He looks up at the folk talking and seeing Bart he wonders over. After he hears a bit he tosses in his thoughts.
"Lad, I am just a minor member of tha Mage guild. Tha Sage Justin is more of a leader then I, tha other two have been gone a while." He puffs his pipe "I never claimed Ta be a leader round these parts, nor do I know where this Falconhand calls kip. I do know after a few days he sent a letter back from one of tha guards." He shrugs then turns to go back to the fire. "I guess folk just look Ta whom they want ta, but if he want Title maybe check round tha tavern?"
Back to top Go down
Dave Fritz

avatar

Posts : 733
Join date : 2011-07-19
Age : 71
Location : Kingston, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Leaders   Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:36 pm

After talking to Valtore, Bart visits the Mages Guild and asks Susan the receptionist about Justin and whether she knows anything about Falconhand or about the militia.

He then visits the House of the Moonmaiden. It is empty he finds, after looking everywhere within the building. He does find an office, but no indication of who the occupant might be.

He then heads to the Old Skull Inn and asks several people about Falconhand, Vorik and the militia.

Pausing in his work, he orders an ale. As he sips, he thinks to himself "There doesn't seem to be much actual leadership around here. This is not a good sign."

After thinking on matters a while longer, he resumes his questioning.
Back to top Go down
vladadier



Posts : 128
Join date : 2011-12-25
Age : 33
Location : new york

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Leaders   Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:38 pm

A white haired man sits at the bar, sipping on some concoction you don't recognize. He looks to Bart upon hearing his inquiries.

"I've sought the same answers to no avail." He takes a sip, and gives a painful exhale. "You would think with all the drow sightings someone would be giving their townsfolk some guidance."

Back to top Go down
DM Kirin

avatar

Posts : 86
Join date : 2017-09-13
Age : 35
Location : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Leaders   Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:42 pm

Bart finds some reticence from the locals regarding this matter, though a few guards seem to confirm that it is indeed Falconhand the figurehead of the town. While Bart is at the Old Skull Inn, one of the younger  guards approaches him.

"Heya there. Some of the lads tell me you've been asking questions here and there on who runs the town. Why do you need to know? Are you some foreign envoy in a mission or something like that?"

The guard awaits for a reply.
Back to top Go down
Dave Fritz

avatar

Posts : 733
Join date : 2011-07-19
Age : 71
Location : Kingston, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Leaders   Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:40 pm

Bart replies, "There is a danger I've become aware of in my travels around the Dalelands. Although I'm new to Shadowdale, I would like to discuss it and the town's plans for dealing with it with someone in authority."

He pauses, then continues, "I want to help defend my new home and want to find the best way to do that."

He looks at the guard expectantly.

Back to top Go down
DM Kirin

avatar

Posts : 86
Join date : 2017-09-13
Age : 35
Location : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Leaders   Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:59 pm

The guard seems reluctant to say much for a while, apparently considering Bart's tale about bringing a warning with some suspicion. After hesitating for a moment, he finally asks.

"Huh... so a danger in the Dalelands? That sounds quite a generic warning, if I say so myself. Is this related to them drow troubles we've heard from adventurers? We've already reinforced the patrolling since the last raid.

Where are you staying currently? If it's a matter you need to report, I'll make sure to pass your message up to the commander, but if you are seeking the leadership of the town... that might be something else entirely. I'd need to check with the higher ups."
Back to top Go down
Dave Fritz

avatar

Posts : 733
Join date : 2011-07-19
Age : 71
Location : Kingston, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Leaders   Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:50 pm

Bart replies, "Yes, it is about the drow. Please report it to your commander. But I also think that the 'higher-ups' as you say should hear as well."

((( Should the guard convey the messages, Bart would try to contact Valtore to ask if he may reveal Valtore's involvement and ask Valtore's advice on revealing the connections with Myth Drannor and Keeper Nadin. )))
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

avatar

Posts : 2179
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 42
Location : somewhere not normal

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Leaders   Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:07 pm

Replied in PM
Back to top Go down
DM_Muse

avatar

Posts : 96
Join date : 2017-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Leaders   Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:06 pm

a half drow, sits at a table in the corner of the Inn, listening to conversations, carefully noticing the folks and occasionally jotting down notes in a notebook.  He smokes a pipe that tends to give off a cloud of smoke around him.

(this half drow has been seen by a few adventurers at the arena, but only they could recognize him, If any post here, they might. )
Back to top Go down
DM Kirin

avatar

Posts : 86
Join date : 2017-09-13
Age : 35
Location : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Leaders   Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:21 pm

The guard tells Bart to wait there in the Inn for a couple hours since he has to go check with his higher ups and apologizes in advance for the delay. After roughly two hours, he returns.

"Well, seems that Lady Luck favors you. Lord Falconhand has been rather... hard to get a hold of as of late, but when he was told about this, he made time for a meeting early morning tomorrow. Says to come to the Temple tomorrow. The Moonmaiden one. Err... are you coming alone, or will other people join you?"
Back to top Go down
Dave Fritz

avatar

Posts : 733
Join date : 2011-07-19
Age : 71
Location : Kingston, Ontario, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Looking for Leaders   Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:05 am

Bart replies, "Others may turn up if they hear of this. But I only speak for myself - that I plan to attend."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Looking for Leaders   

Back to top Go down
 
Looking for Leaders
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Symbiotic Leaders (Kris vs Tim)
» [Plot Topic] The Fourth Six Nation Summit [Nation Leaders Only]
» New tribe leader system - Female/Male Leaders and Advisors. Gods shouldn't abuse their power.
» Kingdom Leader Positions?
» Current Leaders and Semi's

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Shadowdale-
Jump to: