Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Patrolling the Cormanthor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Noltem

avatar

Posts : 1143
Join date : 2013-06-19
Age : 27
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:58 pm

"What do you mean me? You were the one who asked and then looked like you were to going to rush into someone! Agh, now you've made me paranoid." Mark throws the tanglefoot bomb towards where Hork was looking "If you saw something we'll soon hear Eeeep or something like that"
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 59
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:24 pm

"Look" Holds his shield up and takes a defensive posture pointing with his axe. "Come out where I see you more." shouting over his shield towards the group of Drow.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

avatar

Posts : 901
Join date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:11 pm

Four scout drow rush forward, splitting up and fanning out. One directly at Hork, one at Mark and the other two out flanking on either side, weapons drawn and screaming nonsense at the top of their lungs!
Inside the bushes, the mage begins casting an acid spell ... at Rua’Sahnt, the scout with the bag!
Shrieking in terror, Rua tries to cover his face with a forearm defensively.
The eyes of the mage are intent and deadly, fixed upon Rua , as the acid spell begins.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 59
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:57 pm

Hork backs out staying even with Mark foremost but trying to break at least one of the flanks. Holding his shield up so as to provide some cover for Mark.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

avatar

Posts : 1143
Join date : 2013-06-19
Age : 27
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:10 pm

Mark swiftly grabs another bomb when he hears the familiar incantations of spellcasting and throws the choking powder bomb towards the mage while staring at the drow in front of them "Well? What are you waiting for? Permission from your goddess to die you motherf..." and rushes at them
Back to top Go down
White Rose

avatar

Posts : 901
Join date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:17 am

The rushing scouts are light weights and seek to draw the attention of the two adventurers, not directly making contact but with nimble skill, try to keep their enemy occupied, buying precious time for the mage to destroy evidence.
   In the bushes, an acid spell rips through the air, causing a smoking destruction of Rua and the bag.
Before the mage can cast a follow up fire spell, he is entangled with Mark’s epic bomb.
Even this, however, does not stop the mage from struggling hard to get the fire spell started.
  As loud and distracting as the scouts are, the screams of terror from Rau was heard above all else.
Acid burning and melting his flesh was al he knew at this helpless moment.  The bag sizzled and smoked as it’s contents began to be destroyed.
   The pre-training of the drow was in full swing like clockwork. For them there was only one way this mission would fail . . . Sacrifice of all evidence without capture.
The previous discovery of the map by Hork that lead to Hork and Mark being there then, spelled the end fate of the mission before it began.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 59
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:12 am

Hork braces his door and runs full speed to smash into the mage.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

avatar

Posts : 1143
Join date : 2013-06-19
Age : 27
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:26 am

"Where are you running off to you big oaf!" Mark grumbles to himself and tries to cover Hork so his back isn't exposed, harassing the scouts with the threat of another bomb to the face.
Back to top Go down
DM_Muse

avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2017-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:13 pm

Seeing Hork running towards the downed and tangled mage, three of the four light scouts break off from the delaying tactic  and charge Hork to engage him directly.
Two have short swords that they weild with agility and speed. The third uses a short bow with enchanted arrows for piercing.
   The mage is unable to complete his fire spell and struggles against the tangle.
Rua dies a horrid and agonizing death.
The bag still lies with him , two thirds of it smoldering ash.

The one scout left to face Mark, still does evasive taunting.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

avatar

Posts : 1143
Join date : 2013-06-19
Age : 27
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:04 pm

Mark communicates to the taunting scout how he can go procreate with his own mother and all her clients before focusing on protecting Hork since he doesn't know if he is a good enough fighter to survive on his own and does an excellent job of covering openings while his companion does whatever he's up to [Thanks to Guarding the Lord Feat]
"What's going on? These pricks are just dancing around"
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 59
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:29 pm

Hork will position himself so as to get as many as possible with a cleave from his axe.


///Are we moving to fast for others to respond?////
Back to top Go down
DM_Muse

avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2017-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:05 am

"Etyal !" , came a shout from the mage as he held a green stone in his hand, and a portal blasts open near him. As soon as the portal was open, he threw the green stone into it, and it was gone.
   Still entangled, the mage stopped casting and focused on freeing himself frantically.
   The scout with the bow, turned and headed for the portal , but not before side stepping to gather what he could of the burnt bag, stepping over the mutilated and partially liquified Rua. As his hands scooped the remnants of the bag, a yellowish grey powder fluffed out and onto the ground.
  
   If Hork swings at the two scouts on him, he could indeed strike them both.

   The scout on Mark, hearing the word shouted by the mage, gives a Mark a slight grin and a shrug as he turns to flee to the portal.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

avatar

Posts : 1143
Join date : 2013-06-19
Age : 27
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:28 am

"Hork, this is a bad idea and you should absolutely NOT follow" Mark says leaving him behind and charging towards the portal with the intention of going through and unleashing hell on wherever he lands
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 59
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:33 am


Hork will swing at the 2, but will not follow into the portal.
Back to top Go down
DM_Muse

avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2017-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:45 am

The heavy ax whizzes through the air, as the muscles ripple on Horks arms and shoulders. The first scout barely moves as the blade slices through an arm and chest, releasing a gush of red.  The second scout  is physically knocked down, with a gaping wound to the neck.

The scout trying to pick up the burned bag fumbles badly as the contents scatter on the ground and a puff of yellowish powder surrounds him.

The mage finally gets free enough from the tangle to stand and begin another spell, facing the fumbling scout.

Both Mark and the scout that was  taunting him are racing towards the open portal.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

avatar

Posts : 1143
Join date : 2013-06-19
Age : 27
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:57 pm

"Hork! Take cover!" Mark shouts throwing another kind of grenade, he wasn't kidding when he said he was an alchemist, this time a flashbang is directed towards the pestering mage so he can't aim his spells.
"Suck on that, you sensitive knife-eared spider-legged piece of mageling wannabe!"
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 59
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:19 pm

Hork hunkers down behind his shield.
Back to top Go down
DM_Muse

avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2017-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:26 am

*3*
One scout flees, leaving Mark behind and dives into the portal, vanishing.
Two are on the ground bleeding from lethal wounds.
One has picked up as much of the bag and contents as possible and is heading for the portal, leaving a streak of yellowish powder on the ground.

The flash bang pops off near enough to the mage that he is deafened and totally disrupted and disoriented, stumbling to the ground.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 59
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:21 am

Hork looks around for anymore and if close enough will try to stop the one with the bag.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

avatar

Posts : 1143
Join date : 2013-06-19
Age : 27
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:19 am

Mark keeps in pursuit of the escaping drow and he doesn't mind going through the portal if it comes to that.
Back to top Go down
DM_Muse

avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2017-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:48 pm

*2*
The drow with what is left of the bag has a head start on Hork, racing towards the portal.
The mage starts to move towards it but by now Hork has a head start on him.
Mark lost a moment throwing the Flash bang but reaches the portal first, running towards it.

Back to top Go down
Noltem

avatar

Posts : 1143
Join date : 2013-06-19
Age : 27
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:13 pm

Mark grabs his bastard sword with both hands turning around guarding the portal and braces to cut in half anyone that comes nearby "Tackle the mage, Hork, unless this one has a trick up his sleeve he ain't getting past me" then watches the running drow trying to see if he's up to something.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1073
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 59
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:29 pm

Hork hooks his axe to the shield with the point in a spear fashion and charges the Mage letting out a war cry the whole way.
Back to top Go down
DM_Muse

avatar

Posts : 83
Join date : 2017-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:35 pm

*1*
The drow scout carrying the bag charges headlong towards the portal in a line that passes right by Mark, as if Mark was the lessor of threats.

The mage tries to face the massive half orc and begins an acid spell.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

avatar

Posts : 1143
Join date : 2013-06-19
Age : 27
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:19 pm

"What the hell? Since when I am so bad at hitting people? Ah, whatever" Mark dives through the portal to take a look
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   

Back to top Go down
 
Patrolling the Cormanthor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» A Tragedy in the Cormanthor
» Baseline for RPing elves, drow, MD and the Cormanthor; info on MD
» Shadows on the Horizon
» UD NPC's
» Yori Corvain

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: The Cormathor, Myth Drannor, and Lathander Settlement-
Jump to: