HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Patrolling the Cormanthor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Noltem

PostSubject: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:33 am

Bored out of his mind, Mark decides his time in the Dales is best put to use getting rid of the new infestation of Lolithes, he is as subtle as a club to the head with his patrols expecting to be attacked rather than ambush someone else and maybe with a bit of luck stumble upon a camp.
He makes sure to check the known entrances to the Underdark in the vicinity writing quite offensive messages in elven towards Lolth and then keeps circling around with a smile on his face.

"Ah, is good to be back, a shame Uspir ain't here anymore..."
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:56 pm

When Hork sees Mark, He'll give a wave and take his helm off, "Mark how are you? Long time no see." If the conversation goes to Drow, Hork will share the map and what ever info he needs. Showing him where the attacks from Drow have been spotted.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:12 pm

"Alive, unlike most people I knew back when... Oh, handy map you've got there! Hunting spider humpers too? I kinda need pointers on where to help since I am banned from everywhere" Mark says quite happy to find someone to talk to.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:06 pm

"Well I'm not fast on thinking, but I have been thinking a long time about this. So that why I've been patrolling this area. Dancing Moon to Misty Falls (points the wrong way) and then to the Ranger camp." Stops talking but you can see he's still thinking. Then waves it off and waits.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:37 am

"Everybody laughed when I proposed to put a big weave-infused alchemical bomb in the middle of Szith-Moron but now they are too scared of the drow to go out at night, serves them right, bunch of ungrateful pieces of sh.." and then goes on a rant in several languages about the flaws of the Dales
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:39 pm

"Yea smash them." Shakes his axe. Nods his head at the general feel of the rant if not the meaning. " We patrol together okay lets go." Start walking to the door. Pausing to see if he follows. "You know wriggly finger stuff." Makes a very poor attempt at mimicking somatic spoellcasting.
Back to top Go down
DM Kirin

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:05 pm

The pair of adventurers take off to the road. Autumn is in full swing, the climate has cooled as summer is well behind. The evergreen trees remain verdant, while the rest turn their coats into shades of yellow, orange and brown. The sun remains warm enough, although the breeze carries a chill rather uncommon for the season.

Mark and Hork decide in which direction they are to patrol this day.

Back to top Go down
tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:17 am

Hork pauses at the decision point, "Well Mark which way we goin?"
Back to top Go down
Ticladesign

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:59 pm

From a distance afar, the two are observed in a most perculiar way. On a branch of a insignificant tree among many other trees, there walked a tiny humanoid shape; seemingly made out of the tree's shadow and the pure light of the moon together. Around the figure who seemed to wear a tiny, but bright mask there floated several other masks. Just as small, all with a different expression. Strange how on the pure light of the moon, these shapes also had an expression.

As if they were made by design, of unseen hands.

The figure, prodding around gracefully on that branch kept a gaze upon Hork and Mark. Puzzled perhaps. Tracking their movement as long as the pure light of the moon allowed it. Yet the Figure was no more than a Shape of shadow and light. Silent to the listener, a sight to see for those who may stumble upon the scene.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:59 am

Hork stares fixed on the sight.
Back to top Go down
vladadier

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:59 pm

The masked figure Mist, walks the woods draped in illusion. He watches and listens to the two men. Upon seeing the shadowy figure in the trees he would approach, hoping the true sight or darkvision would give him a better idea of what he was seeing.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:22 pm

Mark lets out a sonorous burp and keeps walking towards the left "If it ain't attacking I ain't caring..." says and then suddenly turns around to Hork "Hey! What do you mean by wriggly stuff?! I'm an alchemist not a damn wizard. I was notorious for punching people in the f... Agh! Whatever, Shadowdale really has changed."

Mark then keeps walking a bit annoyed but not really bothered by the general weirdness of the forest, he is after all a very reckless idiot.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:26 pm

"But Mark look!!!! Don't you see the little lady?" He goes back and forth not sure which way to go. You might think he was dancing. "but but "
Back to top Go down
Ticladesign

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:49 am

Little shadow puppet on the branch so small and insignificant in the distance seems to look startled at all that attention. Running fast from one side to another, it tries to hide between large shadows of branches, and behind a small tree's wooden pillar.

Yet; it's curiosity makes little shadow puppet peer it's head from behind the small tree, watching Hork and the others. Even though little shadow puppet seems to "wear" a Mask of moonlight and no expression upon it; the other floating masks around the Shadow puppet do, and all have expressions of deep curiosity, and wonder.

The location from where little shadowpuppet can be seen seems rather normal, even when observed with darkvision; but one odd thing remains. There is no sound of animals, or any other critters there. It is eerily quiet for a place in the forest.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:12 am

"Look, if they attack then we break their teeth, if they don't attack they are either peaceful which is good or they are calling reinforcements to attack us which is better because we get to break a lot more teeth. Life is about taking pleasure about small things, such as halflings, haha! Dirty joke, but no, seriously, don't worry."

Mark waits for Hork to keep moving grabbing a tanglefoot bomb from his pouch just in case.
Back to top Go down
DM_Muse

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:41 pm

Much as Hork was suspecting, drow eyes watch from a distance, from hidden places in the trees and bushes.  Six in all, five scouts and one mage.
They watch in silence, not moving, waiting.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:56 am

"Ah, acting like we do one thing and do another?" "Good idea." Hork tries to look nonchalant while being ready. Following Marks lead.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:59 pm

"What? No, I am just naturally paranoid with serious trust issues, for all I know you are part of the Malarite cult that tried to take over the wolf area long time ago and I will be forced to use you as bait for the drow to attack so I can snare them and punch them senseless. But that's just a small probability, what's likely to happen is that we get ambushed, they demand we surrender, I make them angry just by being me and then I am forced to bomb their face so I can beat them senseless so we can have a proper conversation that will inevitably end with something along the lines of their love for Lolth and how they do not fear death for they are drow, the true race that will dominate Faerûn from beneath a peeble."
Mark idly plays with the bomb in his hand while talking and looking around
"I mean, don't get me wrong being the monster is pretty awesome, people being scared of you and such but to be a monster you have to be intimidating and I can think of scarier things than black midgets with a fetish for spiders and submission that you can scare away with a lantern. I have only ever respected one drow in the Dales and she was smart enough lass to realize how dumb her peers were so she gave the middle finger to Lolth and went to better places, wouldn't it be nice if all drow wanted that instead of the deathwish they have coming to my goddamn CROSSROADS AND MAKING A FUSS SCARING PEOPLE AWAY SO I GET BORED ALL DAY LONG YOU F..."
And then his "inner" monologue devolves into a very loud series of curses against drow, Zhentarim, Shadowdale, paladins, elves, Myth Drannor and a lot of people that have annoyed him, a very long list.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:54 pm

Nods.....Nods......Nods....Looks confused.....Nods .....Nods........ "We smash things?" Looks around for the glowing Lady. "Are you being mean to me?"
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:11 pm

"I'm mean to everyone even when I am not trying to be, but no, not to you, yet... Anyways, beats me, I could care less, wait, smash what?" Mark looks around, his eyesight is pretty sharp for a human but not expertly trained to discern people hiding in a forest "What? Are we surrounded or something? That would be weird, they usually attack when that happens"
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:37 am

Hork readies his Axe and Shield waiting for the attack.
Back to top Go down
DM_Muse

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:52 pm

The hidden drow hunker down low to not be detected if possible.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:37 pm

Mark looks around swinging the blade a couple times while still holding the bomb on his other hand "I don't see anything, meathead, you sure you saw something?"
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:28 am

"Huh, I think you see something! Where?" Looks around and pauses where he thinks he sees movement, but continues searching. With a quick glance at Mark now and then.
Back to top Go down
DM_Muse

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:57 pm

The Drow are as still as stones.  One scout holds a large bag, tightly tied shut. The others seem to keep a little distance from him and the bag. This particular drow holding the bag looks less calm than the others who maintain a steel calm. This scout is named Rua'Sahnt, and his eyes look very worried and on the edge of panic.   The Mage looks to him, eye to eye from a short distance, the glare seeming to intend both control and doom if control is lost. The mage makes drow sign explaining in detail what this means.
Rua'Sant grits his teeth, closes his eyes, leaning his head back, sweat running down his face. His breathing becomes short and frantic, louder than normal.
They wait to see what the two adventurers do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patrolling the Cormanthor   

Back to top Go down

Patrolling the Cormanthor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next