Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The dark side of the Moon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DM Waverider

avatar

Posts : 416
Join date : 2016-04-08
Location : Right behind you. Watchful. Vigilant.

PostSubject: The dark side of the Moon   Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:30 pm

On a cool autumn morning as the sun was breaching the horizon a fog lingered over the town of Shadowdale.  As usual many of the hard working citizens were up and tending to their duties. From the west road leading into town a man came walking.  He had scratches all over him, shown through the rips and tears of his clothing.  When he was near the town center he saw the house of the Moonmaiden.  After a moment of hesitation he went in, not sure what he'd find inside.


Last edited by DM Waverider on Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KSC



Posts : 969
Join date : 2011-04-28

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:18 pm

Sister Allee, a recently arrived Monk of the Sun Soul order stops her tidying up of the shrine and comes to the mans side offering assistance.

"Come sit, let me tend to your wounds." She tries to identify the cause while determining the best treatment. (Heal 12, Lore 9, Survival 24)
Back to top Go down
Roveston



Posts : 798
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : EU

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:51 am

Busy working inside the office, Chancellor Mayer for now would not intervene, as several people enter the House every day and he usually does not interact with all of them unless required.
Back to top Go down
DM Waverider

avatar

Posts : 416
Join date : 2016-04-08
Location : Right behind you. Watchful. Vigilant.

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:15 pm

The man went along with Allee, cold and shivering.  While the monk tended to the wounds she could see bites and claw marks.  It's easy to presume that he was a victim of wolves on the road.  "Th- thank you, miss.  It's been a long night.  Is there a place I could stay here?"  He asked moments before passing out.  Despite his sudden fainting he was still clearly alive as his chest rose and fell from his breathing.  In looking at him, it seemed some of the wounds that were minor had begun to knit on their own...
Back to top Go down
KSC



Posts : 969
Join date : 2011-04-28

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:04 am

Allee mutters a curse watching the wounds close and calls out for the Chancellor whom she saw earlier through the office door. She also waves any near by parishioner over and if one comes closer would send them to fetch one of the Illmatri from the hospital and the priestess from the temple of Chauntea. Only then would she check for a healing artifact like her own Ladies Kiss ring.
Back to top Go down
Roveston



Posts : 798
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : EU

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:01 am

Lucent would step out of his office once being called following the sudden happening, raising eyebrows at the scene.

After hearing the (few) info about the passed-out stranger, he would sense magic/curses on him before casting a helpful healing spell to slow down the bleeding, while waiting for more experienced healers.
Back to top Go down
ewayneself



Posts : 174
Join date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:07 am

Young Cleophus is the parishoner who answers the Monk's call. Recently resigned from his station at the Dawnspire, Cleo has since led a life of quiet labor around his home and family near the House of the Moonmaiden, speaking to few, but serving all.

Cleo does as the monk asks, rushing first to the hospital and calling out for Sister Laura or Brother Jonah or anyone else who might be available.
Back to top Go down
Roveston



Posts : 798
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : EU

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:50 pm

Lucent would gestures Cleo to stay, given his bigger healing experience, as Allee already called for assistance.
Back to top Go down
ewayneself



Posts : 174
Join date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:23 pm

Cleo stops as Jay indicates, nods, and kneels beside the injured man, across from the monk.

He hesitates for a moment before removing his work gloves, folding them, and placing them at his feet. Cleo then rolls up his sleeves and begins a thorough examination of the man's remaining wounds (if any. Unbuffed, no item Heal skill: 19).



Back to top Go down
KSC



Posts : 969
Join date : 2011-04-28

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:09 pm

Seeing how Cleo responds to the Chancellor Allee whispers her observations to the two, "His wounds are healing on their own, and what I saw indicate a wolf attack. It is possible we have a budding were in front of us. I have found no indication of a healing item on his person, yet." Briefly makes eye contact with the two before resuming her treatment of any remaining open wounds even if it is just holding them closed long enough for the regeneration to bind them.
Back to top Go down
Roveston



Posts : 798
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : EU

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:13 am

Upon being told such a thing, Lucent would arrange for the wounded stranger to be brought to another, more private, section of the House, more precisely inside his office where any examination can continue undisturbed.
Back to top Go down
ewayneself



Posts : 174
Join date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:16 am

Cleo listens closely to Allee and aids in carefully transferring the stranger to Jay's office. Once he's comfortably in place, Cleo attempts to examine other aspects of his health aside from the wounds...body temperature, pulse, pupil dilation, tongue color... the usual checklist of a studied healer.
Back to top Go down
DM Waverider

avatar

Posts : 416
Join date : 2016-04-08
Location : Right behind you. Watchful. Vigilant.

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:19 pm

The medical attention and curative magics help accelerate the process to the point where all the bleeding has stopped.  He's taken to Jay's office for examination, during which Cleo doesn't find anything out of place aside from the pulse.  Whoever this man is his heart is pumping faster than normal but there's no visible reasons as to why.  Aside from that the wounds have continued to knit, the lesser ones not even appearing as anything more than a scar or blemish if at all.
Back to top Go down
ewayneself



Posts : 174
Join date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:47 pm

Cleo looks lifts a stitched brow to Allee. "His pulse is elevated. Otherwise, his recovery is remarkable. 'Budding were,' eh? I haven't fully studied lycanthropy, but perhaps the blessing of Morning can lift such a nocturnal curse."

Cleo prays over the stranger, casting the spell "Remove Curse."
Back to top Go down
Roveston



Posts : 798
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : EU

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:29 am

Lucent would gently grab Cleo's wrist, interrupting the curse removal.

Looking back and forth between the two and the unconscious stranger, as if to keep an eye on him, he would explain that some werewolves are to be counted among the Selunite ranks and, as such, they shouldn't be treated like sick people unless they specifically ask for it.

Finally, Lucent would suggest a sense magic/align perception spell, as that may help them identify whether the stranger is really a blessed moontouched, an evil Malarite or a scattered loner, the latter options of which would include restraining the man by tying him tightly before he wakes up...
Back to top Go down
ewayneself



Posts : 174
Join date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:43 am

Cleo looks puzzled, but nods at Jay's words. When Jay is done explaining, Cleo says, "I haven't the power to know a person's heart in that way. Perhaps you'd better go ahead and restrain him."
Back to top Go down
KSC



Posts : 969
Join date : 2011-04-28

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:12 pm

"I tend to agree, not everyone sees it as a curse and not all hearts are changed to the nature of the beasts but far more savagery exists in the afflicted than in natural wolves embracing or rejecting it makes all the difference. Caution must be taken and he must be kept calm as anger, rage, or fear can force the change. Is there a non threatening room we can be locked in? He must be questioned when he wakes for his attacker or attackers are on the roads yet."
Back to top Go down
Roveston



Posts : 798
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : EU

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:38 pm

Lucent would notice that the House is not equipped with a confinement place as of now, thus suggesting Allee to ask for handscuff to the guards, while he and Cleophus take care of the creature, which for now means chanting some protection spells for themselves and their weapons, all in attempts to restrain the strangers, should the situation need it.
Back to top Go down
DM Waverider

avatar

Posts : 416
Join date : 2016-04-08
Location : Right behind you. Watchful. Vigilant.

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:57 am

Nearby, outside the house of the Moonmaiden, two guards had stopped to chat with each other.  The clinking, clattering and chattering of the armored men would be easily noticed should Allee go outside.  Inside the House, the man seems to be out cold, resting with ease despite the condition he was when he came in.  Only the largest wounds remain noticeable now.


Addendum: Rumors haven't spread yet, for the time being this is isolated to the building.
Back to top Go down
KSC



Posts : 969
Join date : 2011-04-28

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:55 pm

Allee heads outside and homes in on the rattling armor of the guards. "Sirs, could the House of the Moonmaiden trouble you for the use of a set of restraints, and keys? We have an ill traveler who may become agitated when he wakes."
Back to top Go down
Roveston



Posts : 798
Join date : 2012-04-13
Location : EU

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:47 pm

While Allee is outside to retrieve a pair of handcuffs, Lucent would keep his weapon close and protect himself with a Nixie's Grace chant, suggesting Cleophus to prepare a protection just in case the stranger wakes up and poses any threat.
Back to top Go down
DM Waverider

avatar

Posts : 416
Join date : 2016-04-08
Location : Right behind you. Watchful. Vigilant.

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:33 am

The two guards are speaking between themselves as Allee approaches.  They listen to her words then both almost scoff.

"What? Going tuh bind 'im in 'is sleep? I'd sure as hells wake up agitated if I were 'im."
"Have tuh say I'd agree with that. 'Sides, can't have folks just detaining other folks 'cause they's agitated.  We'd be locking people up all the time."
"Why don't we all go take a look at this feller and see whas so bad he needs bindin'."
"Now that's an excellent idea, Theodore."
"Thank yuh, Will. Let's go on then."


The two look to Allee to lead on.
Back to top Go down
Eboros



Posts : 643
Join date : 2011-12-11
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:24 pm

A tall ranger wearing muted colors had been watching the building with interest since the man arrived, expertly blending in to a hidden alcove. Sensing an opportunity as the guards turn, he'd take advantage of shadows cast by the morning sun to dart from alcove to barrel to hedge, then sneak right behind them ((92/92 Hide/MS)) and step into their shadow. His goal would be to stealthily enter the temple undetected and assess the state of his quarry.
Back to top Go down
KSC



Posts : 969
Join date : 2011-04-28

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Sensing their amusement Allee gives the guards a flat look as she steps closer and adds in a lowered voice. "Violently agitated and possibly contagious. And if one of you could also make sure that the summons reaches the priestess of Chauntea and one of the Illmatri that would be appreciated as well." She holds out her hand for the restraints.
Back to top Go down
ewayneself



Posts : 174
Join date : 2015-01-18

PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:55 am

Cleo does as Lucent had instructed, praying down a Blessing and a Circle of Protection from Evil to include them both, and Magic Vestment on himself. Then, closely monitoring the patient's condition, he watches and waits.



Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The dark side of the Moon   

Back to top Go down
 
The dark side of the Moon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The dark side of the Moon
» The dark side of the Moon
» Darkside vs Twilight Thorn
» The Light Side Of The Moon
» Dark warrior wolves land.:darkness arises

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Shadowdale-
Jump to: