Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A Strange Occurrance in the Shadowdale Woods

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ambaryerno

PostSubject: A Strange Occurrance in the Shadowdale Woods   Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:15 am

\\Vox - Hope you don't mind me starting a public thread for this since there hasn't been one yet.

Anyone traveling eastwards away from town, through the Shadowdale Woods and along the north bank of the Ashaba, would come to an area south of the Anthill where the ground itself has rotted, and the land nearby is scarred by a recent fire.
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator

PostSubject: Re: A Strange Occurrance in the Shadowdale Woods   Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:07 pm

((By all means, please do! Feel free to run with it. Tis a mystery of mysteries))

A note is posted on a burnt tree trunk, stuck with sap (the man is learning not to use nails.) It reads"

Wasn't me
        -Twitch
Back to top Go down
Razgril

PostSubject: Re: A Strange Occurrance in the Shadowdale Woods   Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:11 pm

A dark skinned man clad in earthen toned leather and a wolfskin cloak stops by the spot. A large, black jaguar with amber eyes is his sole companion.

The man studies the rotted, scorched earth and it's immediate surroundings with the eyes of an experienced tracker, as he finds this spot a strange happening that stirrs his innate curiosity (spot check: 40, Listen: 35, Search: 17,  Survival: 52). Hun-Balam wonders what could have caused the very earth to have been tainted so, as he recalls unpleasant memories many years since passed.

He makes one final search, larger in scope, to determine if any other tracks can be found before deciding his next action while Mictlali, his companion, awaits laying on the tall grass nearby.
Back to top Go down
Ambaryerno

PostSubject: Re: A Strange Occurrance in the Shadowdale Woods   Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:36 pm

\\Any chance of scheduling something to follow-up on this?
Back to top Go down
Ambaryerno

PostSubject: Re: A Strange Occurrance in the Shadowdale Woods   Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:20 pm

Quote :

Rumors from a Farmer Phil have been spreading that drow are drugging his prized milking cow; Betsy.
Most believe Phil had too many drinks at the bar, but several people have spotted smaller dark figures lurking in the night. One adventurer claiming a they fired arrows at them, then disappeared after a shadow fell over them.

The rumors are fueled further by a separate incident that sparked flames in the shadowdale woods.

Upon hearing these rumors, Gwemmegil would make inquiries into witnesses. Ales would be bought, and coin pressed into palms to loosen tongues. Her customary glower is tinged with anger, but most unusually, a hint of unease and disquiet.
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator

PostSubject: Re: A Strange Occurrance in the Shadowdale Woods   Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:49 pm

In the tavern, after dark when the chores of farming can no longer be done safely, the Farmers all gather for dinner and drinks. This is and has been the norm since the dawn of time. The talk of the table has shifted lately from their yeilds and woes to the new prices of straw and hay Azalar has managed to haggle out of new trading routes. However, Farmer Phil is still grumpy amongst the talk of the gained income. To keen ears, and those hunting for information this conversation is overheard.

"Won't matter no how. My Betsy's down in milk the past three days. I only gots a good month left till I dry her up before the calving." Phil grumbled, the other farmers exchanged looks

"Phil I'm tellin' ya just go find a Druid. Hell they can talk to Betsy, maybe she can tell you why she's dropped." Farmer Tobias replied, but he was a younger more level headed sort. Phil didn't take kindly to level headed youngsters.

"I don't need a Druid to understand my Betsy. I nursed that orphan calf into the prize cow she is today. I know when she's sick, and I know who did it." Phil demanded.

"Not the drow again Phil." Tobias groaned.

"I saw um! I saw their red little eyes ducking into my barn, and the next day Betsy ain't actin' right." The old man's shoulders slumped. "Who'd else do that to Betsy? She's the most innocent thing there is, just a cow makin' milk."

The farmers exchanged glances, and ordered Phil another drink. They knew better than to interfere with Phil's love of his prized heifer.

Back to top Go down
Gorebash

PostSubject: Re: A Strange Occurrance in the Shadowdale Woods   Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:24 pm

Pricking his ears up after having a well earned drink from exploring the wilds, Sgt Sordoc approaches the chatting group.

"Wha's thissen abah' red eyes an' drow? Though' it'd been quiet o'er the summer. Sure it weren't pictsies or goblins upta mischief?"

He'll put a few coins down, paying for the next round of drinks for the farmers, as somewhat compensation for having to put up with possible ears being talked off.
Back to top Go down
Ambaryerno

PostSubject: Re: A Strange Occurrance in the Shadowdale Woods   Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:26 pm

Gwemmegil slumps in her usual seat in a dark corner of the inn, a mountain of tankards on the table in front of her, and quietly listens in.
Back to top Go down
Ambaryerno

PostSubject: Re: A Strange Occurrance in the Shadowdale Woods   Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:57 pm

Gwemmegil can be seen back at the inn following the action overnight in the Shadowdale Woods, drinking heavily and slurring unintelligible warnings at anyone venturing too close.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Strange Occurrance in the Shadowdale Woods   

Back to top Go down

A Strange Occurrance in the Shadowdale Woods
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1