Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DM ReRoll

PostSubject: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:16 am

The flicker of red crimson flew high into the cold night. A great fire raged in the crossroads, burning the docks and surrounding trees and grass to nothing. Smoke still runs high into the atmosphere, hotspots still very present, but many workers slave away doing what they can to repair the docks and the boats that were lost in the grizzly fires.

((The boats will be removed for 1-2 resets. You can access the opposing sides of the river VIA foxridge, through the teleport in the river nearest the rangers camp. Any additional RP relating to this event, the construction, or hindrance to the rebuilding should be sent to me over the forums))
Back to top Go down
Mymothersmeatloaf

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:02 am

*jerith travels the location frequently muttering angrily* This was not your's to start...
Back to top Go down
Hateful_Envy

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:01 pm

There seems to be a man clad in ashen black full plate and adorned in red cloak with the hood pulled low over his face watching over the scene of the construction. He doesn't seem to make any moves or give off any signs of intention be it good or ill will. Those that have travelled the crossroads before the event know its an area he tends to lurk about watching, rarely does he seem to take any action other then mere observation.

At times he may be seen on top of the ridge over watching the area other times he can be seen standing in the shadows of the trees. Should any other travelers come through the crossroads his eyes would linger on them watching them for a moment in silence as well. Occasionally something can be seen perched on his shoulder plate accompanying his watch of the surrounding area.
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:14 pm

Being clergy of Shaundakul, a red-haired, green-eyed man happened through the Crossroads while make the route to the various shrines dotting the area. Unfortunately, he missed the cause of this particular mess, approaching the ruined docks with concern. Some may recognize the mithril armor--embossed with the symbol of the Helping Hand--two greatswords, and winged helm as identical to those worn by a Maura Zephyros. In fact, she had fiery red hair, golden skin, and eyes the color of emeralds, too...

"What happened here?"
he'd ask of one of the helpers, taking off his helmet and scratching at the heavy shadow of facial hair that covered his chin.
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
DM ReRoll

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:18 pm

SaphyrBlaze wrote:
Being clergy of Shaundakul, a red-haired, green-eyed man happened through the Crossroads while make the route to the various shrines dotting the area. Unfortunately, he missed the cause of this particular mess, approaching the ruined docks with concern. Some may recognize the mithril armor--embossed with the symbol of the Helping Hand--two greatswords, and winged helm as identical to those worn by a Maura Zephyros. In fact, she had fiery red hair, golden skin, and eyes the color of emeralds, too...

"What happened here?"
he'd ask of one of the helpers, taking off his helmet and scratching at the heavy shadow of facial hair that covered his chin.

The worker would take a break from his duty of repairing the dock. This particular one would be working on repairs of the final boat. He would stand up and brush himself off, giving the man a deep bow. "I am quite sorry sir as I am not to familiar with what has transpired, though rumors have said that the man who wears a steel mask had attacked." He would cough, clearly exhausted from the work. "The noblewoman Amalee has paid us a healthy sum to make the repairs with haste. She frequents Shadowdale, perhaps you could ask for an audience with her grace?" The worker would bid the man farewell with a deep nod and return to his task.
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:58 pm

"I'll do that, but while I'm here, anything I could help with? Not much for carpentry, but I can do some heavy lifting or offer any divine aid and healing if wanted," he'd offer as he surveyed the damage and the workers.

Last edited by SaphyrBlaze on Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:10 pm

Hork will continue his patrols and lighting of lanterns, While the route to the Moon is blocked he will help guest find the alternate.
///Course someone is going to have to tell him///
Back to top Go down
BedlamX

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:12 am

A man in a stylish hat with a well-kept mustache walks to the docks from the Old Skull.

"Balls! Gonna hafta move the boat closer ta town so I can keep a eye on her."

He wanders off muttering about people messing with his stuff and something about a hat collection in the Royal Oak.
Back to top Go down
Oilime

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:59 am

On the hill overlooking the dock a figure stood- Those of keen eye might just catch a glimpse of a Steel Masked figure weaving a spell and vanishing into nothingness.. A dry, sinister laugh filled the ears of those present..
Back to top Go down
DM ReRoll

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:19 am

SaphyrBlaze wrote:
"I'll do that, but while I'm here, anything I could help with? Not much for carpentry, but I can do some heavy lifting or offer any divine aid and healing if wanted," he'd offer as he surveyed the damage and the workers.

The worker would smile and offer a bow of his head in thanks, "If you insist on doing work that isn't yours, you could sort the word pile. Shortest to longest, and separate out the angle cuts from the straight ones." He would look to the others and then back to the man, "really 'preciate the help kind sir."
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:22 am

It was a simple enough task and he took to it gladly. These workers were obviously exhausted, working as quickly as they could in the middle of summer. It was the least he could do to help relieve some of their burden and re-open one of this area's popular means of travel. Growing up on a ranch, hauling around heavy objects was nothing foreign to him.

As the haunting laughter sounded, he'd quickly look around to find the source, but just barely catching a glint of his mask in his periphery before he disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Gorebash

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:23 am

Sordoc on one of his patrols, will swing by the Crossroads, seeing the actvity, will enquire into what happened, and who seems to be providing the coin for the rebuild work. He'll also enquire into any problems from trouble makers and goblins the crew may be having.
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:58 am

Maura would answer his questions as best as he could, so the other workers could continue with their efforts.

He looks down from gazing up at the hill to the gnome. "Afternoon, Sordoc." He'd smile, returning back to sorting planks. "No one here seems to know what happened, but a woman by the name of Amalee is funding this. She may know more. I planned to try and contact her once I was done here."

OOC: Important visual change!:

Last edited by SaphyrBlaze on Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:28 am

*blue would pass by eyeing the work and seeing if the boats were replaced yet he would pass by sword in hand and nod to maura not really knowing the others he simply nods to them*

aye amalee is the one funding it. i see progress is being made. i had hoped it would be iron wood to avoid another costly rebuild and repair but such is expensive. *looks around and atop the hill* i would recommend a patrol along these roads if ye can spare them in the day at night im not sure if you have enough folks to spare to protect it from all that comes in the night. if the relations were better with the city of song i would suggest a joint patrol you in days them in nights. but im afraid much work will need done for that to happen again. if its any help *points up to top of the hill* the one who started it was up there all i could see was something red maybe cloth and a metal mask. after that the fires grew and chaos bloomed. but we managed to get it out not in time to lessen the damage tho. orcs attacked hundreds of burning arrows lit the night sky making what effort we put into outing the fires useless that all i can recall others there would likely have more info for you ohh and there was a fell troll mixed in the group that attacked everything else is a blur of blood and magic. *sighs looking around* im to old for this dung. luckily no one died this time tho we all prevailed it costed the docks. not a bad price worth the cost at no loss of life of those defending them.

amalee is one funding the dock she came in twards the end tho so she may have better info than i do another to speak to is the bardess at the moon isiolia, a few dwarfs not of ironhouse clan were patrons of the bar there they were involved as well they can likely give you more info on others.

on a side note shades had kidnapped a friend of mine just down the road a bit past here we managed to get her back as well before all this happened. so be on the look out for them as well.

*he would now stand listening or waiting if nothing is said or asked he will continue own his way*
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:11 pm

Hork will listen to fancy pants and make a mental note (sort of).
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:56 pm

Though listening the whole time, he only looks to Blue when he mentions kidnapping. "Glad you got them back. Who was it if I may ask?"
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:58 am

it was mineva and a guy i forgot his name. like i sad find the others one of them can likely help you more. i think his name started with an e something. ((cant remember if he used his name or not when he introduced him self i was tired))
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:49 pm

At the utterance of Mineva's name, the red-head furrowed his brow and looked away. "Thank you, Lord Blue," he said, "I'll find Amalee and Mineva. Find more about who did this. I'll try to increase my presence on the roads as well."
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:23 pm

you are most welcome *with that he leaves the area as well*
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:04 pm

"Hey Mister" Hork will go after Maura. "We should team up once in a while."
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:49 pm

(( Maura hasn't left yet. He was still sorting wood planks for the workers. ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)   

Back to top Go down

Crossroads destruction... (Why the dock boats are gone)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1