HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Injury of Commander Vorik

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator

PostSubject: The Injury of Commander Vorik   Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:16 pm

Vorik was a man who grew up inside the town he now looked over. It was at times an awkward situation for him because those older than him occasionally treated him like was still sixteen. Of course the speech impediment didn’t help. The stutter was something he’d always had, and probably always will have. He was told by a wild eyed and rather insane looking adventurer that it was psychological.  Vorik didn’t know what psycho-logic was, but he did know it wasn’t the kind of logic he wanted. It was an Adventurer word, and those usually didn't bode well for normal folk. That is what he was after all. Normal. A normal man leading a very abnormal life, in a town that desperately wanted to be normal as well. Fate, on the other hand, thought shadowdale something exceptional, and would throw the most spectacular events and people at them. It turns a normal towns politics into an absolute horror show, and Vorik had unwillingly now become the ring master to it. Had he a choice, he wouldn't want anything to do with Adventurers.

Nor, did he want anything to do with the healing process. He wasn’t normally such a stubborn man, but responsibility had pulled it out of him. Vorik had spent years being a diligent and loyal soldier to Shadowdale. He trained under the zhent’s hand, he watched as the rebels pull the town of darkness, then he witnessed the Elders nose-dive it back into the ground. He had become sick of watching, and healing in a room inside the Temple of Chauntea was very similar to watching. He had things to do, shoulder ligaments be damned.

But he currently couldn’t escape. His nurse was an old woman who had been treating his scrapes since before he could grow a beard. She knew exactly how to coax him into remaining. The old bat had stolen his shirt, his shoes, and his cloak and would not return them. He had a spare back in his office but, Vorik was actually an extremely self-conscious man. He had been a gangly boy, and a gangly teenager surrounded by adventurers with charisma and bodies that could rival the gods. While training certainly takes care of gangly, he still was very uncomfortable. He was uncomfortable being uncomfortable, and it piled on top of itself and kept him obediently doing what the nurse asked of him.

Thus he remained in the temple, like a couped up guard dog. His men brought him his paperwork daily to keep him busy and the town going. He paced around his room, going through letters. Scribbling notes on reports, and planning construction.
Back to top Go down
Vargas

PostSubject: Re: The Injury of Commander Vorik   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:41 am

Hearing about the Commander recent injury Ezra seized the chance to introduce herself in the most shockingly convincing manner she could imagine, charging right into the bed she was directed to by the people in the Temple she probably started the poor man with her pointy polished horns and her pointy polished smile.
"Greetings Commander Vorik! My name is Ezra and I am a diplomat for hire, I talk to the people you hate... for a price." she bowed and although it was the social thing to do to let the other party speak she wasn't going to allow the man to dismiss her so she just kept reciting her practiced speech "You must be busy with all this voting Republic, Cyricist murdering, reconstruction planning, nurse fondling activity! Fear not! I have a simple proposision to propose you in this preposterous situation you probably prayed to pass you by!
My prices are negotiable and based on the risk of injury I talk from common people to dangerous lunatic and sometimes even priests! Haha, that was a joke! I offer you and the town of Shadowdale my services which mainly are diplomatic but I also include messenger service, threats, language lessons, cartography, functioning of the weave, pet retrieval, morale boosting speeches, heroic poses and "How to turn your cat into a lion" a book about the importance of self-steem in your soldier platoons!
I will let you think about it"
she finished giving him a business card and darting out of the room before he even replied to the sudden burst of information
Back to top Go down
Badgerthej

PostSubject: Re: The Injury of Commander Vorik   Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:33 pm

Luupi would visit the commander when he didnt seem busy, bringing him something freshly made to eat.

Being a local herself recently returned she'd just idly chat with him about quiet times before everything went strange, making sure the old chauntean nurses eforts were not to rigourous, arguing with her that "we dalefolk are tough as the rocks of the old skull and jus as stubborn", if he saw fit to complain about her presence she would simply say "paperworks in and ready chief but till ya make it official i aint under orders jus yet".

plenny of healin left to do chief.....aint no reason makin it worse...*whispers closely* ol' nursey'll have ya bound in bandages if ya try too hard afterall *winks before being forcibly removed by "ol' nursey" arguing all the way with the old woman*.
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator

PostSubject: Re: The Injury of Commander Vorik   Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:49 pm

He barely had time to put down his pen before he had a business card in his hand. Ezra was a slurry of horns and words that left as quickly as she barged in. He didn’t even have time to process it, and he spent the remaining few minutes of peace trying to figure out what he just heard. Something about politics, hatred, and money.

Then entered Luupi. He didn’t recognize her at first. He saw a lot of faces during the day, but after she started about getting the paperwork finalized for the militia it clicked. He shuffled through a stack of papers next to his bed, and thumbed through each one. It was in here somewhere, and he might as well finish it for the girl. After all, he had nothing else to do.

It was nice to speak with another dalelander. The conversation was almost normal for him, but Vorik wasn’t the sort to get very comfortable with people. It was a polite conversation, nothing that might reveal much about him other than he had lived and trained in shadowdale his entire life. He used big words for a shadowdale citizen though, and he didn’t stop her from scolding the nurses.

“It’s j-j-j-just an arr-r-row wound. I’m not d-d-d-dying.” He pointed out as Luupi protested. But the nurses had none of it, and were shoving her out the door. Vorik shrugged, and returned to his work. Scratching his chin and leaning over Sordoc’s newest report.
Back to top Go down
Roveston

PostSubject: Re: The Injury of Commander Vorik   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:24 pm

Lucent would send a courtesy note from the House of the Moonmaiden about getting well soon.
Back to top Go down
Z374

PostSubject: Re: The Injury of Commander Vorik   Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:25 am

Steps, likely silent to most in the temple, make their way to where Vorik is resting.  The half-elf opens the doorway and peeks into the room, clad in her black and golden robe.  "Heyo Mister Vorik.  Seems y'are working hard still. Just wanted t'come by and apologize again f'winging ya the other night. How's the shoulder coming along?"
Back to top Go down
http://sleepingwrath.deviantart.com/gallery/
Gorebash

PostSubject: Re: The Injury of Commander Vorik   Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:44 am

Sordoc will, with some apprehesion, visit the Commander to drop of his reports. He doesn't seem very comfortable in the temple, especially from the stares from the Commander's caretaker, but copes with it. Handing over the last lot of reports, he seems to be somewhat grumpy about them. If asked why, he just points to the last lot of reports.
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator

PostSubject: Re: The Injury of Commander Vorik   Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:57 pm

Vorik was not a selunite, but his mother was. He kept the get well card out and propped up next to his things like a badge of honor, though he tried to keep it somewhere discrete. He was originally skeptical of Sordoc’s bad mood, but upon reading his latest reports his own mood darkened. Vorik was a faithful Chauntean like most in town. He was in worship weekly, like his father before him.

So he was originally in a foul mood when Mineva came to visit. Vorik had a certain grudge against the Iron House folk. He didn’t particularly hate them, but they had been one of the several messes shadowdale had tangled herself into. They left a bad taste in his mouth and their choices had been nothing but a small nightmare for his forces. He couldn’t place the blame on them, but like his own choices, lives were lost because of them. But lives were lost because of a lot of things. It wasn't on this lone woman's shoulders.

He shrugged his good shoulder at the woman as she spoke, and responded.

“I-i-it was a g-g-good shot.”
Back to top Go down
FFSDave

PostSubject: Re: The Injury of Commander Vorik   Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:06 am

Before knocking or even entering the Voriks room, Wester would offer a silent prayer to an idle of Chauntea and leave a small offering of salt and grain.  He'd approach Voriks chambers and thump on the door then enter, inviting himself in.  " Commander" he'd salute with his formal greeting.  The Captain would regard any others accompanying him with a curt facial appearance.   "I see we have some new volunteers to the ranks.  A sign of things getting better.  I wanted to discuss the next steps for getting your home back to the way it was".  Wester still wore the emblem of a Freehaven citizen upon him, a symbol of his vow to never allow what happened to his home happen to Shadowdale.  

"While I've been working at what ruin is left of the town hall I've been brain storming posibilities for the militia.  We're without a proper place to rest and most of the troop have made cots at there postings.  We need a new a new barracks and it may be better relocated by our training grounds than under a new town hall.". He has more to say but holds his tongue until Vorik has a had a chance to reply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Injury of Commander Vorik   

Back to top Go down

The Injury of Commander Vorik
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1