HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Kiln Project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gorebash

PostSubject: The Kiln Project   Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:37 pm

(A shadowdale reconstruction rp thread)

Sordoc sends invitations to Ilsa, Kin'shael, the dwarven smith from the shadow dale general store and any potters left in Shadow dale, to discuss the feasibility of making clay fired bricks from an arcane enchanted kiln. The meeting to be discussed in the old skull Inn.

Sordoc will buy the first round and opens the discussion.

"So here be me idea. Shadowdale has a slight problem with buildin' materials. Wood in tha ammounts we need is a touchy subject an' stone is gonna be ver' expensive. So here be me idea. Makin' bricks frum fired clay. But tha ammounts we be needin' is too much fer any small clay oven."

He looks over the group.

"So here be my plan, make a large kiln oven powered wi' magic. Usin' enchantments ta protect tha walls an' provide tha' heat fer dryin' that clay. So here be me problem. I ain't got any knowhow o' makin' such a thin'. So... wha' yan thoughts."

Last edited by Gorebash on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Badgerthej

PostSubject: Re: The Kiln Project   Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:11 pm

well mister sordoc...i aint no potter....my talents lie in metals as ya know....but stone aint so hard to come by, i was actually thinkin of findin some folks to go clear out some kobolds and we can open that mine again for teh stones we needin
Back to top Go down
Gorebash

PostSubject: Re: The Kiln Project   Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:52 pm

"Well I invited yan here, cos ya know gidgits an' gazmos, so mayhap ya can werk out ways o' controllin' tha heat an' such afore owt bad happens, like o'erheatin' an' such., mayhap werk out ways ta adjust tha heat fer different materials."
Back to top Go down
Kvothe

PostSubject: Re: The Kiln Project   Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:51 pm

After considering for a little bit Sordoc's idea, it doesn't take too long before Kin'shael nods and offers the gnome a wide smile.

"Aye, sir Sordoc. I can't see why that couldn't be done. I've done plenty enchantments to resist fire and heat which could be used in this oven you speak about as well. And the same goes for the fire source. At least at first sight, I think this can be worked out."

With that, the lad sips from his mug and lifts it slightly in front of Sordoc, as if thanking the invitation.

//I'm assuming this could be done with Kin's skills about enchantment and crafting, because it's doesn't sound away from his capabilities. In case this couldn't be done, please any DM let me know about it via PM. Thankies.
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator

PostSubject: Re: The Kiln Project   Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:36 pm

**Any "regulation of fire or heat" must be done with concentration checks DC:25. Otherwise. Carry on**
Back to top Go down
Gorebash

PostSubject: Re: The Kiln Project   Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:17 pm

"Hmmm... tis a puzzlement. I ha' an idea fer tha sorta.. layout"

*He places a small piece of paper with a quick drawing onto the table*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Fer dimensions wise... looking fer two yeards long, high an' wide, wi' a door on wun side so thin's can be put in an' out. Bit like a small shed o' so. Plenny o' space fer clay fired bricks. Mayhap have tha whole thin' on wheels fer ease o' testin' afore placin' it on summat fer more permanent basis."

Sordoc looks to the others.

"There be some problems I ain't got tha lore how fer."

He counts them off on his fingers

"Wun - heatin'... likely done wi' some sorta enchanted summat o' o'er... dryin' clay out is a slowish process so... I dun't wanna lock down a mage fer a lon' time watchin' this thin'. Wouldn't mind it havin' summat so ain't all finger wigglers tha' can opperate thissen thin', but at leas' some form o' trainin' migh' help.

"Two - tha place is gonna get real hot so... needs sum sorta heat resistin' material o' enchantment on tha walls. Note this thin' about 24 yard squares... so thin's either have ta be cheapish side an' replaceable wi' some ease... cos I don't wanna wake up wun morn ta find some git's pinched half tha inside ta flog off ta sumwun.

"Three... I want a fair number o' methods ta stop thissen thin' frum o'erheatin' and/or goin' ka-blooie. As well as mayhap o'er thin's ta stop it frum cookin' folks inside... don't want it bein' used fer disposal o' undisireables..."

He looks round the table, noting some of the looks, likely of the guardsmen keeping an eye on Sordoc.

"an' four... costs are gonna try an' keep lowish... don't want some super rare material tha's perfect fer tha job iffen it's gonna cost a million coin per square inch."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kiln Project   

Back to top Go down

The Kiln Project
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1