HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Zhent military blunders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
White Rose

PostSubject: Zhent military blunders    Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:45 pm

Many people fear the Zhent
Some have good reason. Consider the impressive accomplishments of the Zhent military machine historically.
1. During active war with Myth Drannor , the elves struggled to complete the Mythal , yet had not during much of the open fighting. The vaunted Zhent war machine , rattled it saber , intimidate , and abused individuals ... While their enemy managed to erect a powerful defense that not even the Zhents have ever matched. Instead of attacking while Myth was weakest... They waited until an attack was hopeless ... So ..they turned to soft targets .
  Was it a secret... This Mythal ?
Only if you can't read history books , or are too deaf to hear tales commonly spoken.
2. The war machine in action : destruction of the Royal Oak
The Royal oak was a bar. There were a few rooms to rent as well. So, students might ask what was the Military strategy of destroying a ... Bar.
Was it to stray drunks across enemy lands to disrupt supply lines of ale?
It was said that the Royal Oak was a hot bed meeting place of the rebellion ... Yes... The ones who gathered farmers and crushed the Zhent strong hold in Shadowdale , sending them running to the ice lands of Krag.
... And the success of the Royal Osk campaign ??? Ya have to ask the frozen , teeth chattering, feared and vaunted Krag folk... Zhents.
 Oh , by the way , they did cave in the front door to Iron House ..whooooeeeHa!
3. Abduction of innocent and helpless folk. Need I comment on the sheer weight of military brilliance exhibited here? Brainwashing us each one at a time
Is hardly military at all.

My point, fellow freemen , Zhents attack soft targets like bars and innocent folk. Am I worried? Sure , Misty Falls has three bars, and innocent folk to spare.  We are a soft target with new defenses growing every day. If they crush us, it is typical and hardly impressive... Another bar under thei belt.
Do ya think they tattoo ale steins on their arms for each military victory?
  Join us! Fear them no more !
Let the songs of freedom echo across the lands from the towers of Misty Falls. Shape the future of the Dales with us. It's your future at stake ... Come stand with us and lets fight for it ! ... Together.

Elektra Mysteria
Back to top Go down
vexxen

PostSubject: Re: Zhent military blunders    Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:06 pm

//assuming this is a note

He scribbles... thinking to himself "lets correct some of this.

Correction 1 - The mythals status was known. Extent of damage was not. Thank your elves for speaking openly with one another by the beastmens tower. However waiting until attack was hopeless? Perhaps not... Not rushing in blindly that is however a good idea which many of you're kin need to adopt.

Correction 2 - An unknown magister whos existance was made known from the very same people who frequented there had extreme capability. It was the home of the rebels, there were plans held in the basements. Why destroy a place when its information is still useful. In the end the the maglings and those within fell to a sad tactic... and so through their incompetance, did the building. Perhaps note down here the plagues shadowdale suffered beforehand that needed more immediate action.

Correction - 3 helpless and usefull are two different things. Information is a key thing. Can you name any of the helpless. Because as I remember it it was more those of your type. Adventurers who caused issues, who blabbed their mouths away with half secrets... We just wanted the rest to help further the overall goal. Perhaps look at what it takes to move a military forwards in a long term battle. If the writer doesnt consider intelligence as one of them. Perhaps they need to start a game of war with children and watch the cheeky tactics used before moving onto anything else.

Misty falls is another open target just like the oak. When information dries up. Consider that known when soldiers turn up. Consider the fact that bar was run by one who embraced hell entirely and by a man who made plenty of dealings with the zhentarim regarding slaves some of which to build the place. Some of which who were sold to drow via a freehaven route. Consider that he dealt in summoning the undead behind closed doors and that so long as the coin was right. Crypto would take the contract.

Consider what this so called House of Redemption was founded on. Its ideals carefully hidden behind a plaque of its own form of injustices and tyranny. Consider that they allowed a known Snake person into their dwelling one with misdeeds. If you fight the Zhentarim consider this. What happens if they become the next power? It will not be any different. Only these ones have their hooks in early. They have many more secrets that one can assure and guarantee you. This so called plee, be careful who you side with. A wolf in sheeps clothing ready to bite you when they can.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: Zhent military blunders    Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:37 pm

When this gets presented to Elektra , she reads it.

" Crypto Creepo ,... Tossed him out with the rest of the wicked."
She turns to her fellow guildlings.

" gosh , they hate the light, don't they? Tell ya what else they hate ... Pointing and laughing ... Seriously. I think the only crowd with less humor ... are the undead. But how can ya blame the undead? Even if they try to invent a victory song... They are decomposing while composing...
And maybe ya can't blame Zhents , either . Just think about what every Zhent child looks forward to getting on his third birthday ... Facial whip lines ! ".

She stops , since that last joke is not well appreciated by many.
Back to top Go down
cdnspr

PostSubject: Re: Zhent military blunders    Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:55 pm

Someone wrote:
Thanks for attacking Shadowdale's caravans on our behalf.
Back to top Go down
BedlamX

PostSubject: Re: Zhent military blunders    Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:00 pm

Jarrin reads the notes and just shakes his head.

"For someone what once said she had to try real hard to not laugh at the destruction of the Oak, the death of my pal, Mara, and the loss of my hat collection...all ta onea them same Zhents she's bashin on now...them's some mighty powerful assumptions."

He shrugs and straightens his stylish hat before moving on to things more important to his self...namely another ale. "But ain't nonea my affair, I s'pose."
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: Zhent military blunders    Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:51 pm

An armored small creature in black walks by all these announcements and just stares through all the quizzical text. He moves a hand into his pockets and withdraws a worn parchment he saved from his travels past and decides to tack it up somewhere after all the text before he leaves.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Fincaen

PostSubject: Re: Zhent military blunders    Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:09 pm

Xeneize wrote:
An armored small creature in black walks by all these announcements and just stares through all the quizzical text. He moves a hand into his pockets and withdraws a worn parchment he saved from his travels past and decides to tack it up somewhere after all the text before he leaves.

Spoiler:

Milo removes any such posters he would come across.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: Zhent military blunders    Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:25 pm

Before all are gone , Elektra gets to see one of the devil mockery posters... For the second time. Again, she speaks to her guildlings.
"Last time I saw this, I was chained by the infernal ... Now... It's like a memory of another age to me.
Here is what I will say of this ... Folks will see, value, remember and focus on what ever pleases them. It yesterday has more meaning for them, then today will be blind to their minds. Some people need hatred to define themselves... To know their own boundaries.
What matters, is that I, or you , stay true to our self, not allowing the circus of opinions to drag us into a place that they want.
Hold your head high... Look them in the eye... In your heart, live in a place of no shame and no apology for your life. In this way, you attract the honorable, while the self deluded will scoff away. Let them go , and live at peace."
Back to top Go down
Blood Angel

PostSubject: Re: Zhent military blunders    Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:07 pm

A man would walk by and wipe a large booger on the paper before walking off
Back to top Go down
Gorebash

PostSubject: Re: Zhent military blunders    Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:30 pm

Sordoc wanders by and reads through the notes and replies, and shakes his head.

"Youngsters an' theer pollyticks..."
Back to top Go down
SimoneJester

PostSubject: Re: Zhent military blunders    Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:02 pm

One more piece of parchment is left on the tree where all these notices got stuck (assuming that is indeed where everyone wrote their polemics)

"Those who are capable of light-blotting tyranny are capable of any lie to create it"

The handwriting is impeccable, in black ink. There is no signature, merely a small picture of a circle with a smile and curling hair to the sides of the circle.

Back to top Go down
Flammenhand

PostSubject: Re: Zhent military blunders    Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:57 pm

Just adding to the amount of Opinions, another note is added - the writing is sloppy at best.

Not all of the people up there on the volcano are the sort of filth you'd expect. Some are nice. If you don't want them to go murdering and rampaging around the countryside, why not try to put the bad blood between you to the side? You don't HAVE to escalate it into a full-scale war like a bunch of mongrels. Both sides have their share of idiots.

In the next Paragraph, the writing clears up to the fine and spotless writing you'd expect from a scholar.
Oh, and if you seek magical aid for your journeys, pass by the campfire in Shadowdale. Look for the lady in red. 100 Coins per spell. I make wands, potions and all the other stuff too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zhent military blunders    

Back to top Go down

Zhent military blunders
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1