Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Disturbed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4054
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:19 pm

((Sorry for taking so long, but RL came up yesterday. I cleaned up some OOC posts and deleted an extra post that had been made by a player. Only 1 post per person per round guys, please remember this.))

Vorik listens to Maya's words and...he actually nods. At Hawkley's words, he nods as well. He looks back at Hawkley, his eyes showing more understanding than one would think of a military commander.

His gaze then moves sharply to Cruven, basically telling him to knock it off without actually saying it.

When Sordoc begins to step forward towards Vorik, a hand comes up to wave him away. He gives a hard stare at the gnome, one that communicates his heavy disagreement with Sordoc putting himself into the situation when there's already such tension in the air.

"Don't," he warns Sordoc, then looks back to the group. His hand moves away from the hilt of the blade and he tries his best to calm down. He himself seems rather pissed off about the situation, but more towards people that are making the situation more tense than needed. Finally, he speaks up to the group.

"I w-wouldn't ask you t-to trust m-me after all of th-this. But I also w-would not hide from y-you what is s-so easily s-seen b-before your eyes. That w-would be wrong. I have absolutely n-no love for M-malarites," he says, glancing to Sordoc. "None." Then he looks back to the Lyons. "Great Mother f-forgive m-me for ever having t-to accept one under m-my command here. I still t-to this d-day despise m-myself for it."

He takes a deep breath and steadies his anger. "B-but in the s-state Shadowdale has b-been, I've h-had to grit m-my teeth and b-bare it. The Undead wish us ALL d-destroyed. N-not just Shadowdale. B-but everyone. The Elders, m-may they r-rest in peace, m-made a d-decision that b-broke our t-ties with the Elves. They m-made the decision t-to allow F-fury w-worshippers within. N-not accept. Th-these d-decisions, while I m-may n-not agree with them, w-were decisions they m-made with the t-town's w-well b-being in m-mind. W-we take what the s-situation has g-given us and t-try to d-do our b-best to survive."

He motions around to the huge gathering of people, all of different shapes, sizes, religions, races, and beliefs.

"Why are w-we gathering as enemies wh-when we c-can g-gather as allies and t-take this to the Undead? Add on t-top of this other allies and th-the Undead w-would have a f-force to be reckoned w-with."

Finally, he looks back to the Lyons.

"I g-give you my w-word as a f-friend of nature m-myself that w-we would n-never plan t-to aid the Undead or harm your Unicorn in any w-way."

He motions Wester forward.

"And the C-captain will explain the n-nature of his inquiry and w-why he asked wh-what he did. I think you'll r-realize th-this is j-just a m-misunderstanding."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:29 pm

The two beasts that were after the removed Hunter finally unite with the Leopard. Both of them look foreign, exotic, and incorporeal, for those who recognize they are fey spirits in animal shapes. But one of the beasts seems to have a special bond with the Leopard. It looks at Leopard's head and speaks his will in first person with a strange and emotional voice, while the Leopard himself gestures what it can in his form about the words spoken, towards the big Dragon. Leopard would lower his ears and head, and would give her a sad and painful look with his blue eyes: "This is not the first time you did not trust me, my love. This human claims to let Furies only walk within his land, just like the Circle did once for its grove, and what was the result? You behind Zhentarim cage. They cut ties with elves because they would rather have Furies aid them against undead? You chose to not stand on my side that day, but I still loved you. Today you chose the same, and I still love you. Whatever pain they inflict upon me today will bare no feeling, because it will never reach the level of pain you inflicted upon my heart by choosing to not stand with me, again. But despite of all that, I still love you, no matter what you do. I always will." With those last words, the Leopard turns towards Shadowdale, and with it his expression instantly changed. It was no longer a cute and plushy kitty that someone would may want to hug, it was a hostile beast showing his sharp teeth and sign that no words will have any more effect. Leopard charges and attacks random people that prepared spells and blades to fight. And he is being followed loyally by the two beasts at his side.
Back to top Go down
Tanya

avatar

Posts : 910
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:39 pm

Maya drops the basket of mushrooms she brought for peace. It falls next to her feet, with mushrooms rolling out of it. For the first time, she no longer felt anything for Mushrooms, they no longer mattered. She screams a loud chant that makes stones in the area lift in air, and gather in front of her. The floating stones start to shape some sort of a big door, and they are being connected by growing vines and flowers. As the spell progress writings of celestial and sylvan runes start glowing on the stones. When the big gate is finally formed, the space between worlds breaks and allows first Solar Angel to come out from Celestia to attack enemies.
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4054
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:07 pm

((Mylanis can post.))
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-10-13
Age : 25
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:39 am

Mylanis lowers her head down to the cats level after he's done speaking, and speaks clearly in return in common. While slowly walking closer to the cat

I love you, I always will love you. I trust you with a great deal of things, I'd trust you with my life if it came to that, I've never wanted to harm you, I never took any pleasure in worrying you, just as my heart aches hurting you now. But I do not understand what and why you're doing what you're doing now my love. First of all the furies had nothing to do with my imprisonment by the zhentarim, That was the Zhentarim commanders fault, and in turn the great druids for trusting the zhentarim would hold to any sort of agreement. I would stand by you in any battle, as long as it was justified, this isn't. This is vengeance and madness, Who are you willing to kill inside Shadowdale? the soldiers? the clergy of the Earthmother? the Lathanderites? the children?

Those are our allies love, they might not like having the furies walk among them, they've just said so, I suspect they're outright suspicious of them all the time. But both sides have no reason to fill the earth with unwarranted bloodshed. You came here to get a clear picture of the situation with the captain and his wording of the situation, you came to talk, to have a peaceful talk, yet this is how it ends up? The captain here already confirmed that they have no real interest in the horn, nor hurting us. And now because of the words of one lowly follower of Malar are you acting as if every person in Shadowdale is an enemy. Yes they're fools for breaking the pact with the elves, yes they're fools for trusting the furies, but fools as they might be, at least they're honest in their words, and perhaps the only way for them to learn is to be hurt.

They are not the enemy love, they're people like us, that merely wish to protect their home from any that might seek harm to it, just as we've done with our forest. They draw blade, and cast wards because we're acting like threats, it's no different in nature, any scared animal will defend itself.

Enough is enough Leo, both Shadowdale and Lyons face a great threat in the undead, even Malar shows no love for the undead. It's time for us to leave, your children and the lyon forest needs you, and by the gods, I can't imagine how you'd even consider leaving your children fatherless over petty words.


When finally close enough, the two dragons strike, Mylanis using her time to try and grab the large cat with her front legs, gappling and holding him still, with the help of the second dragon, and if successful, would take off and fly away towards the Cormathor. ((Stats are as mentioned before))


Last edited by Maskedshini on Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4054
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:03 am

((Order of events will be this: Leo gets an attack of opportunity to attack Mylanis if he chooses. If he succeeds in the roll, he stops the grapple. If he fails, she can then roll for grapple (BAB+STR). Leo can try to break out of the grapple if he so chooses (BAB+STR). If he wins, he's free. If not, he's grappled by Mylanis.))
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-10-13
Age : 25
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:09 pm

(( A bit of clarification needed on what you mean by roll, do we roll it out IG and drag the results in here, or use our static stats against eachother? ))
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4054
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:15 pm

((You can take it in game and roll it out in there to reflect what buffs you'll have on and let the dice have a say))
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

avatar

Posts : 1676
Join date : 2013-07-22
Location : Orange County, CA (GMT -7)

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:22 pm

(((Screenshots, please.)))
Back to top Go down
http://www.wayneself.com
Maskedshini

avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-10-13
Age : 25
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:49 pm

Screenshot:
 


Last edited by Maskedshini on Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:09 pm

Leopard did not use attack of opportunity, he would never attack his love Mylanis. When he was lifted in air to be taken back away, Leopard quickly squeezes out of the Dragon's leg claw (roll 20 = auto success) while still at reasonable height, and find himself soon falling. His body balances out in air, and just like any cat would, Leopard successfully lands on feet, free from the grapple. As Mylanis' words hit him again in the heart, the Leopard now considers the word said, and his thoughts are betraying his focus, forcing his mind to fly back to Merinel and Lav (his children). With him losing the focus and being stopped from the attack, the beasts abort the attack as well. Now when overwhelmed with emotions, the beasts and Leopard are easily open to any finishers.
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4054
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:49 pm

The beginning charge readies the guard to fire, but they cease when Mylanis lifts the cat into the air. As the cat finally lands onto the ground and ceases in it's attack, the other animals having stopped as well, the guards wait to fire. They do not take offensive measures, and they simply form up defensively.

They look to the Solar that was summoned and raise a brow, not so much intimidated by the outsider, but confused as to why it would even begin to think of striking against the town. The Solar seems conflicted as well, the blade in it's hand not seeming gripped as tightly as say if it were attacking pure evil. However, it stands ready for Maya's word should she decide to attack.

Vorik still does not draw his blade. He keeps his hands in the air, looking to the group before him.

"P-please do not d-do this. We are n-not your enemy."
Back to top Go down
FFSDave

avatar

Posts : 1175
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 33
Location : Eugene, Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:43 pm

"STOP THIS MADNESS!"

His voice bellows

"You came here to speak with me, yet let me point out two things.  First, until now, the story of unicorns and wish spells was a rumor.  A myth.  A fairy tale I would have told my daughter before bed.  This charade has only gone to prove to everyone here that those tales are true.  You have just given up your greatest secret."

Wester moves from the gate but not out into the open.  He disappears behind the walls then reappears on top of the wall with the troops.

"Secondly, look at how many of your family are here.  How many of them are protecting your home, your unicorn?  If you're so willing to throw your lives away against our walls who will be there to guard your unicorn?  And after this, when this reaches the ears of the Cormanthor Elves, do you really think they'll continue to trust your ability to protect that unicorn?"

"You have weakened us all with your actions today."

"I talk to you now as one father to another.  Look at your family, make the right choice and go home."
Back to top Go down
Ticladesign

avatar

Posts : 1930
Join date : 2011-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:47 pm

Tiny Aesa in Fairy form, still sitting on Maya's shoulder looks up to the sky and the wind of the flapping Dragonwings almost knock Aesa from her sister's shoulder.

And while flying up from the ground, Aesa looks what will happen between Mylanis and the Leopard.


Last edited by Ticladesign on Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:38 pm

((posting the grapple math here as FYI:

Mylanis: 22 BAB + 13 str + 8 size modifier = +43
Leo: 24 BAB + 10 str + 0 Size modifier= +34

Leo rolls a 20 + 34 Grapple = 54
Mylanis rolls a 7 + 43 Grapple +2 "aid another action" from her Dragon = 52

there are no automatic successes with roling a 20 in opposed grapple checks.

Leo wins the grapple.))
Back to top Go down
Tanya

avatar

Posts : 910
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:14 pm

OOC:
 

Maya glances between Mylanis and Aesa and understands them to some point. Her skin starts to glow bright and her eyes white, her hair lifts in air playing on the energy of transformation. She grows two pairs of fairy wings and flies backwards to side with the flying dragons and Aesa, to leave. She first moves up towards the gate, and motions to the Solar to return home. The angel flies back through the gate, and then Maya waves at the gate with her hand. The runes stop to glow and vines and flowers binding the stones disappear. The stones forming the gate are being overpowered with the gravity, and the gate collapses now, closing the hole between worlds. Now when she is in air at the same height as Colt on the wall, she points at him "It was a secret until you sent people to study us and reveal our secrets. The Undead already knew for it before us. But you were never trusted with it with a good reason. It took you three days to answer the message, and then you send false King (she means Vorik) to speak for you, coward. Why don't you set foot inside that what you protect for once, walk to the heart of Shadowdale and read the list composed by your people, about who set them free from Zhentarim. Sylvan blood was spilled for your people to have good life, and then you just happen to appear out of nowhere, replace Queen Bry, and then bring Zhentarim allies within your walls, then misuse elven librarian to tell you our secrets, that is what speak of what person you are, and not your fake claims. As for the Cormanthor Elves, if you really knew how they feel and think, then you lost their support intentionally. But have no worry, I will personally make sure that this indeed reaches their ears. As long you rule Shadowdale, I am not giving you my mushroom, will have more for Kasia the Seer." Maya takes her mushroom basket and moves closer to the Leopard. "Remember that Circle evolved and got improved under lead of sister Lhanir and her hair is one hundred percent natural red, trust me I checked. And that no fury sets foot in that grove anymore. And now we should leave, listen to what Mylanis and Aesa are saying, Carrot and Mushroom need you, don't worry about the evil, they cannot hide behind their walls forever. When they come to steal our secrets, to cut down holy trees for gold profit, or end lives of pure beings like Unicorns, we will defend, there in the wilds, where we are most powerful, and where they wont be able to use lives of innocent children to protect themselves. It is time to go home."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:48 am

Leopard does not seem to react to any movement or sound around him. The voices of all who speak are so quiet that he does not register them, as he is lost deep in thoughts about what the Dragon said. Perhaps he lost faith that bond with her passed the point of being healed? No matter what emotions are going through his head and his heart, this looks like a golden opportunity for any character to slay the ArchLyon once and for all. Leopard is strong willed and he will quickly recover from this state if no action is made against him soon.
Back to top Go down
FFSDave

avatar

Posts : 1175
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 33
Location : Eugene, Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:29 am

Simply folds his arms and returns a deadpan expression at her and her rant.
Back to top Go down
Sa'Kage

avatar

Posts : 198
Join date : 2014-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:57 am

Fingers run through his hair, tussling the feathers back into place.

Hawk makes no sudden movements, his eyes simply darted from person to person, not knowing what to do.
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2014-06-26
Age : 29
Location : TX/US CST

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:18 pm

Rayfe had tensed and taken a step forward to go after Leo when he began to charge, but pauses abruptly once Mylanis intervenes. He carefully watches as the Lyon's flit about, still poised for battle and on his guard. Whatever thoughts he might have on the goings on--or the words being flung about by either side--were hidden behind his stern expression.


Last edited by SaphyrBlaze on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
gandruff

avatar

Posts : 1506
Join date : 2011-08-18
Age : 27
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:43 pm

The hooded figure from her position of observation would continue to do exactly that, though her attention would be on Leo, eyeing him in his weakened state as if considering whether to take some action over it. Her gaze would flick to the multitude of other people in the area before seeming to discard the idea, her posture relaxing a touch now hostilities seemed to have calmed for the time.
Back to top Go down
Serebane

avatar

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 103

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:09 pm

Lhanir waited passively beside Hawkley, arms folded as she continued to observe the situation. Thankfully, there was no reason for her to chime in, as the Lyons had a firm grasp on the problem at hand... Leo's allies could still express the right amount of wisdom, even after all was said and done. Her gaze shifted sternly towards the flimsy walls of Shadowdale where the men and women stood poised and defensive as Maya spoke.
Back to top Go down
Gorebash

avatar

Posts : 950
Join date : 2011-02-27
Age : 30
Location : Pontefract, West Yorkshire, GB

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:32 pm

He snorts at Maya's speech, but Sordoc looks to Commander Vorik in askance, noting the annoyance in his voice, Sordoc decides that following orders os the wiser decision. Seeing the dragon dealing with the otherworldly cat, he heads back to his position by the watch towers with his "tail between his legs like a scolded dog", making a few grumbling noises under his breath. Once he reaches the watch tower he turns and watches the group and for any signals from Vorik.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:44 am

OOC:
 
Back to top Go down
Arran Ryen

avatar

Posts : 231
Join date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:58 am

Lanan stands silently, taking no action, just watching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   

Back to top Go down
 
Disturbed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Shadowdale-
Jump to: