Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Disturbed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Disturbed   Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:30 pm

For few days and nights now, very close to Shadowdale, a disturbed roar of a beast could be heard eachoing the edges of the town. If any would investigate, the source would be coming from the east of Shadowdale. The roar is coming from a celestial feline, that sometimes moves close enough to be within clear line of sight of the guards, just few meters away from the entrance to the town. And while this exotic animal appears upset about something, for now it shows no hostility towards anyone that passes through.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:31 am

The next day the number of beasts has been increased. This roaring lured two more exotic forms of animals, that look blurry, kinda transparent and with glowing eyes. They would join the celestial feline, in circling the edges of Shadowdale, and were nearing the entrance to the town from time to time. The new beasts would howl in response to the feline's roar. The sounds the animals create were stronger and more upset this time than the past days, and more focused towards the town. But other than that, nothing else wasn't done, not yet at least.
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4054
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:41 am

The guards increase their presence around the areas the beasts seem to accumulate.
Back to top Go down
Tanya

avatar

Posts : 911
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:02 am

Female spirit in form of a big wolf approaches the spot where the animals are gathering. Her purple fur is long, dancing in the air despite of no presence of the wind, her beauty not hidden even in this shape. Her blue eyes locked on the group of guards gathering. This wolf seems to be escorted by a deer at her left side, whose horns are decorated with flowers, and a small cat at her right side. Unlike the other animals and animal spirits, the female wolf did not howl an aggressive tone, but rather a sad one, that has a hidden melody within. Deer was standing proud amongst the beasts, untouched by them. And then cat, as the most domestic looking animal in this group, would be the one moving closer to the guards, to hear if they are saying anything. The cat looks rather friendly, and would even attempt to purr and nudge against legs of the guards, if they allow it.
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4054
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:04 am

The guards seem pretty nervous about the state of the animals gathering. They seem to be muttering things such as, "Wonder what has them riled" and "Don't do anything to upset them. Just let them be at peace."

The guard the cat rubs against would hold his hand out to be sniffed by the cat. He smiles a bit. "Cute thing."
Back to top Go down
Tanya

avatar

Posts : 911
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:37 am

The guard interacting with the cat could reveal a letter wrapped message in the cat's necklace. If opened, it would have artistic readable writings on common language, and aroma of enchanted forest: "We came for your Captain, as the information about his doing alerted the guardians of nature. His dark thoughts match the desire of the Liches, and we suspect that Shadowdale makes deals with the undead Leaders. We call him forward to prove his innocence, or pay his crimes in blood."
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4054
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:48 am

The guard reads over the note and raises a brow, muttering to himself. "Makes deals with the Undead leaders...? Right...because that certainly makes sense. Why else would the Undead attack our town and kill hundreds of people." He shakes his head and goes to find Commander Vorik.

After Vorik reads the note, he seems taken aback. None of this makes sense to him, so he goes to find Captain Wester to see just what is going on.
Back to top Go down
FFSDave

avatar

Posts : 1175
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 33
Location : Eugene, Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:38 am

Salutes the commander and reads the note. "I don't think this is me they are referring to. Our other Captain is Malik, but... You don't think! ... No. Not Malik. Maybe he's a bit unorthodox at times...". Gives the commander a disbelieving look.
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2014-06-26
Age : 29
Location : TX/US CST

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:19 am

With the increased presence and raucous activity of these strange creatures, the Helmite paladin, Rayfe Wiegand, finally takes it upon himself to also keep a watchful eye. He takes up a position by the boulder formation just off the road. His tower shield rests point down in the earth and and his bastard sword hangs off his left hip while his golden, wolfish eyes follow the animals as they move about. He otherwise takes no initiative to interact with them.
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
FFSDave

avatar

Posts : 1175
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 33
Location : Eugene, Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:02 pm

A messenger boy interrupts them and hands the Captain a letter with the seal of Seldarine. He opens it and reads then his eyes meet Voriks and he hands him the letter.

Quote :
.Captain Colt,

I found the Lyons and found information that I was looking for on the Unicorn. They seemed agitated by it and the one known as Leo wants to speak to you. I told him I would set up a meeting, as he seemed to be jumping to conclusions about your knowledge of it. I tried to explain but it was rather ignored. I hope I haven't caused too much of an issue, and apologize in advanced if I have.

I also spoke to the Keeper about trying to get you elvish troops to return and help your people. I made progress, I will travel to town soon to speak to you of it.

~ Alatariel

"Alatriel is a scribe from Myth, she's documenting our history. In passing I made mention of Asha, the unicorn and the rumors of its horn having magical wish powers. Seems there is some truth to those rumors."

He looks at the note again. "Pay his crimes in blood. Dark thoughts that match the liches. In league with the deaders. These wildlings are creative to say the least and aren't the most diplomatic."

Shakes his head, "Pixie dust snorting rainbow lickers. Are you seriously going to give these self deluded wildlings the time of day with these nonsense demands commander?"

Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4054
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:17 pm

Commander Vorik listens to Wester and raises his brow at what he says.

"C-captain, deluded or not, th-these p-people fought against th-the Undead, even r-right beside our own C-commander at the t-time. They are n-not our enemy. Their d-demands are over the l-line, yes. B-but they have always b-been like this."

He straightens up and looks at Wester in the eyes.

"You are t-to come with m-me to the g-gate to speak with them and explain your r-reasoning. History is an imp-portant aspect of l-life. Even th-they should understand that and r-realize you are n-not what they s-say you are. If it c-comes to violence, I w-will deal with it. B-but you are to handle this situation d-diplomatically and r-refrain from such r-remarks you have m-made to me. We d-do not n-need to f-fight on another w-warfront. Is th-that understood, Captain?"
Back to top Go down
Ticladesign

avatar

Posts : 1944
Join date : 2011-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:08 pm

Meanwhile on the crossroads, A tiny Fairy lands on Anyn's shoulder. Well prepaired it was clearly Aesa in Fey form, and she asks of her Familly What the latest news is. She is as determined as her brother to protect that what is sacred to the Lyon familly.
Back to top Go down
FFSDave

avatar

Posts : 1175
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 33
Location : Eugene, Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:42 pm

Wester listens to his words and his thoughts instantly go to Bryanna.  She would have bitched him out over this travesty of authority.  He could point out everything wrong with his last statement.  He could point out that he undermines his own authority as well as the authority of his officer by allowing this wildling an audience.  He could point out how he is siding with a people who have no investment in the town, who are accusing his man without evidence and threatening his troop with death.  Yet he doesn't.  Knowing any insubordination may cost him his life due to the conditions of his contract he returns Voriks look with a stony look of his own.  He replies in a practiced tone that masks his frustration at the commander decision.

"I understand Commander.  I will do as you Command" (Diplomacy score 41)
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

avatar

Posts : 694
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 24
Location : United States

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:01 pm

After a day or two, Isiolia is seen among the Lyons gathering at the Crossroads. She stands at Anynduil's side, clad in blue armor but she seems peaceful. She is a calm and reassuring presence among them. Despite the precarious situation looming, she tries to calm them with story and song and silently hoping for a peaceful resolution.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:48 am

The howls and roars seems reduced with Isiolia's presence amongst the beasts. One could think of her crazy to approach to them so close and be in the group, bot no animal was hostile to her. In fact she could be seen playing with the celestial beast that lured all others. Big feline welcomed the beautiful elven maiden, and enjoyed her presence as well as interaction with her.
Back to top Go down
Razgril

avatar

Posts : 232
Join date : 2010-12-22
Age : 34
Location : Guadalajara, Mexico

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:30 am

A tall, copper skinned hunter wearing earth toned leathers, a wolf fur cloak on his back and a black leather headband adorned with red gems stands watch by the guards one morning. The hunter watches the animals with interest and inspects them with a meticulous eye, while idly toying with the hilt of a sheathed black dagger at his belt...

The hunter seems to be gauging the animal numbers and positioning, and finally makes an approach and comments to some of the guards about the nature of the beasts, asks a few questions about their behavior and takes note of the calming presence of the elven maiden. The hunter then reassures the guards about strength in numbers and the fact that Shadowdale has allies against precisely any beast that wishes the folk of the town harm.
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4054
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:40 am

Commander Vorik would not make the group wait for too long before he comes out with Wester at his side. He holds a hand up to the guards who seem to be on edge and steps forward alone, leaving Wester at the gate for now. He doesn't show any signs of fear or aggression in any way. If anything, he seems pretty relaxed, quite sure that this is just a simple misunderstanding.

"Hail th-there. I b-believe there is some s-sort of misunderstanding g-going on h-here, and I'd l-like to know if th-there is someone that w-will step f-forward to s-speak on your b-behalf w-without these threats of v-violence."
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:07 am



Celestial Leopard sees a man from civilization coming towards Lyons. The feline comes out, proudly walking with raised head to meet up with Commander Vorik, not knowing if this is the Captain he was looking for. His senses are sharp, his eyes do not fall at Commander Vorik only, but also behind him at his men, the town walls, towers, and surrounding areas (95 spot). This leopard, larger than one should be, would stop at two meters before Commander Vorik, uncertain to enter in closer range to him, if the Commander came out with any weapon. Leopard blinks once slowly, and his eyes now meet Vorik's. Pheraps the two of them had something in common after all, as this animal maybe started everything in motion, but was not the one to represent Lyons in this conversation. Only to secure the area for Anyn Lyon, just like apperantly Vorik had in mind for Colt. If Commander Vorik had any weapon on him, the eyes of this celestial leopard woul fall at them, and he would not signal for Anyn to come out for his safety.


Last edited by Oyo on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Picture)
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-10-13
Age : 25
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:16 am



Around the same time as the two captains comes out of Shadowdale, a large flying creature closes in from the North Ride. Considering the distance, it's clear this's no ordinary bird. And it seems to approach with great speed. and will soon be at the Shadowdale gates
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4054
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:30 am

Vorik had a longsword at his left hip, but it was peaceknotted. He made absolutely no signs of aggression.

While he stands there waiting for someone to step forward and speak up, more guards begin to show up at the gates. Then militia. Battlemages. Then Lathandrites. Knights of the Eternal Order. Rose Knights. Helmites. Chaunteans from the House of Plenty. Black Hounds. Mercenaries from Amn.

The entire fighting force of Shadowdale doesn't come, of course. But there is a diverse enough crowd standing at the wall of Shadowdale to prove that they stand by their own, and any unwarranted hostile actions towards the town and it's people will result in a swift defense. Seeing the quick flying figure in the sky, the defenses straighten up and Vorik frowns. He holds a hand up to the people behind him. Archers do not draw their bows, but they prepare arrows just in case. The Weave begins to swirl around the Battlemages in preparation for an attack. There were no signs of weapons drawn or spells specifically woven until the flying figure appeared.

Vorik waits patiently. Though he knows the defenses behind him are numerous and well in the town's favor in this situation, he does not show signs of arrogance. To him, this is simply protocol when someone comes to the town's door with a force and threats. He looks to the group and speaks up again.

"Once m-more, I ask someone t-to come f-forward and speak on b-behalf of you all. We d-do not want v-violence."

For those that have keen ears, they'd hear the people within town begin to be alerted to danger. Children begin to cry and the people of the town are in a flurry of worry once more, having faced an attack not too long ago.

((OOC: This is a warning that should anyone move to attack the town, they are under threat of permadeath.))
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:36 am

Leopard raises head and ears as he spots the creature in the sky. But his alert quickly turns in big relief, as he recognizes the dragon. He was not planing to involve her in this situation, but a dragon would certinaly even the odds against Shadowdale forces, or so the Leopard would ponder.
Back to top Go down
Tanya

avatar

Posts : 911
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:50 am

Female purple wolf steps forward towards Commander Vorik, and as she approaches, her size and shape start to change, taking form of maiden with slightly pointed ears, and long golden hair, covering the private areas of her body, as she is nude. "I will speak with you King of Shadowdale." Her voice is not happy, especially not after hearing children's cry in the distance behind the walls. "My name is Maya, I am Mushroom Princess, and I came with others to resolve your plans with Lyoncorn." Maya's cat returns from the guards, and rubs against Vorik's legs.
Back to top Go down
Arran Ryen

avatar

Posts : 231
Join date : 2015-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:51 am

Lanan Kelm stood with the Knights of the eternal order. Quietly he watched the commander, his Cold iron great sword in it's sheath on his back, covered by a large shield. His eyes slowly move about the field, looking at the shadow-dale defenders, then to the leopard and dragon, and purple wolf/woman/cat
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4054
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:04 am

The corner of his lip twitches into a smile and he kneels down to give the small pet cat a scratch on the ears briefly. He then stands back up and nods to Maya.

"M-mushroom Princess M-maya. I b-believe there is a m-misunderstanding. F-from what the Captain has told m-me, all that had happened w-was an inquiry t-to l-learn history and he had m-made b-brief mention of this Lyoncorn t-to her. Shadowdale has n-no plans about it. I g-give you my word. If y-you would like to speak t-to the Captain about it, it is of c-course f-fine. B-but know that I'll n-not be tolerating v-violence against m-my officers. We w-will resolve this p-peacefully."
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-10-13
Age : 25
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:05 am



Soo after, the Dragon arrives at the scene, its silver scales gleaming in the sun. it lands (depending on how close the two are together) in between Maya and Vorik. As it stands there for a moment, taking in the scene, as well as being joined by another silver dragon, albeit only about half the size of the first.

(( Anyone using Truesight will of cause see Mylanis inside this large dragon shape, however the smaller one is genuine ))

After the first few moment, it surprisingly turns towards the animals, as well as the half-nude Maya, and lets out and angry roar at them, clearly meaning for them to back away. Before finally turning its head back to Vorik


First I must apologize for my families poor choice of communication, as well as their habbit for jumping to conclusions all to fast. Now, what's all this about one of your captains with an interest in wish spells?
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Disturbed   

Back to top Go down
 
Disturbed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Shadowdale-
Jump to: