HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ADM_Revenant

PostSubject: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:59 am

A man wearing a battle-worn scalemail armor and tattered black cloak would be seen riding into town on a thin horse. Once dismounted he pinned some parchment to the Shadowdale public board. When finished the wary warrior moved to his horse to take a rest against the cobbled wall near the Old Skull Inn.

The parchment stamped with the symbol of the Greyscales (A plain scale at even level) would read

Quote :
"Sellswords, adventurers, fair folk of the Dales! The blade-brothers & sisters of the Greyscales seek the aid of anyone of able body and mind. If you seek wealth, a cause or wish to place your mark the Greyscales is the calling you are looking for.

~Pay~
Veteran Pay is Double Quoted Pay

Infantryman ~ Recruit Pay 1 Golden Lions
Marksman ~ Recruit Pay 2 Golden Lions
Scouts ~ Recruit Pay 4 Golden Lions
Healers ~ Recruit Pay 10 Golden Lions
Arcanists ~ Recruit Pay 25 Golden Lions
Officers ~ Recruit Pay 50 Golden Lions

Don't have a blade or armor. It is supplied and fitted for you by some of the best smiths in all of Cormyr. All Greyscales recieve free Adventuring licences for contracts within the Kingdom of Cormyr."
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:07 pm

Seeing this flyer, the heavily armored Helmite furrows his brow and a low growl could be heard rumbling in his chest for those standing close by. He would leave and head to the inn, taking a good look at the rider slumped on the wall to see if he recognized him.

Once inside, he takes a seat at a quiet table in the corner, pulling out parchment, quill and ink. He sets the objects in front of him, then fold his hands in front of him, resting his elbows on the table. He closes his eyes and dips his head. Whether he was praying or just mulling over his thoughts, no one could tell. Save for his slow steady breathing, he was as rigid as a statue for those few minutes. Opening his eyes, he pens a short letter, puts away his writing tools, then heads back outside to the notice board. He attaches it to the board, adjacent to the Greyscale flyer. It reads as follows:

Quote :

I will not clutter this board with all I could say, so I shall merely put forth the following:

Any wishing to learn the truth of these Greyscales should seek me out by the northern farms.

Signed,
Rayfe Wiegand
Paladin of Helm
Knight of the Champions Vigilant

After he does so, he takes up a guard-like post near the campfire north of town.

(( If anyone wishes to talk to Rayfe, shoot me a tell IG if you see me on, hit me up in Skype, or send me a PM. ))
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
AsuraKing

Location : Look closely at your shadow, you might just see me there!... If not listen for the clanking!

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:45 pm

Cruven snarls as he reads the notice before grumbling to himself.

"Fine, ye wanna try an snipe contracts on my turf from me, I'll put ye outta business like I did all the others..."
Back to top Go down
ADM_Revenant

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:43 pm

After several hours three more Greyscales rode in on horseback. The tired, battered looking mercenary resting against the wall would push himself upright and move to the three men. A clean shaven man with wavy shoulder length hair. Who rode a heavy warhorse in full chain barding, wearing a shined expensive looking breastplate with black trim and a longsword to match.

"The wagon is en-route to the western entrance. Once the children and Purple Knight survivors are in the hands of the local militia we will take on food and supplies. Most of our force has marching orders to head north through the wood at the edge of the Daggerhills." The man on the horse had a certain charm or charisma when he spoke. "That said Gruen. You are to link up with with the force at the fishing post, we have fresh recruits from Cormyr that require training and outfitting.."

The man in battered armour dipped his head slowly. Appearing relieved that he wasn't being sent with the rest of the force. "Yes sir. The notice has been placed in Shadowdale as requested."

The two men saluted eachother before parting ways. The three horsemen tethered their steeds and made their way into the Old Skull Inn.
Back to top Go down
FFSDave

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:37 am

The Captain would approach the tethered horse and pat the broad side of the steed. In a dry tone he would announce to anyone within ear shot "Fine looking mount." Not waiting for a response or perhaps intentionally ignoring anyone who would reply to him he marches off eastward.
Back to top Go down
StreetLights

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:47 am

While on her Watch at the fountain, Danika takes note of the warrior placing the flyer on the board. She steps over to read it for a moment and shakes her head, then stands at the wall beside the board and clasps her hands behind her back with her chin high. Anyone who begins to look at the board, she would attempt to speak with. However, she sees Rayfe step up and place his own note beside the original flyer.

The briefest of smiles crosses her face before she dips her head respectfully to him, not saying a word so as not to interrupt his actions. Her Watch began once more at the fountain, and three hours later when she sees the three others riding in on such magnificent horses, she makes sure to listen as much as she can to their words. After they spoke and the Captain remarked on the horse, she would straighten up and make her way towards the Inn as well.

Once inside, she would place herself near the horsemen, perhaps at the table behind them or at the bar a few seats away, and order herself a mug of water.
Back to top Go down
KSC

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:37 pm

Tweela stops to remove a post of her own and reads over the two new ones. She frowns at the first and smiles at the second and walks off to the north hoping there is a large audience.
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:33 pm

When Tweela approaches, she'd see Rayfe standing vigilant by the statue on the temple-side of the road. Clad in his polished steel full plate and open-face helm, he would seem nearly a statue himself had he not the need for blinking and breathing. His simple, but well-crafted bastard sword hung at his left hip and a tear-drop tower shield with the symbol of Helm was buckled to his left arm.
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:42 pm

Though there was much going on within the town, a few militiamen and a couple citizens curiously made their way to the North. They seemed to be speaking quietly about things, unsure what to think. There were many rumors about, but the one most vocal was something about a murder that had happened a few months ago involving Grey Scales and a few others.
Back to top Go down
ADM_Revenant

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:33 pm

The three horsemen were already sitting at a table. Two of them men sat opposite of the man in breastplate. They ordered some ale; one of the larger men with a beard ordered two. Along with a meal to accompany their drinks.

Once their orders arrived the man in breastplate raised his wooden mug of ale and smiled.
"Drink up lads and get yourselves a restful sleep. Once we gather some recruits from the locals we will be making for camp.."

The other two would nod and dig in, falling silent for a time as they ate. Sometimes they would speak in low tones with the occasional chuckle in between bites of their greasy food. What little would be heard is that of their longing for home away from the walking dead and the dales.
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:06 pm

(( To clarify: Are these curious few going to hear what Rayfe has to say or are they heading toward where the Greyscales are headed? ))
Back to top Go down
StreetLights

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:16 pm

Sitting at the table near them, Danika couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the normality of the conversation. Often she had wondered if some of the Grey Scales were simply just regular mercenaries who didn't know the beginnings of the things that had happened in the past. Murder, dishonor, underhanded actions...though, it was a mercenary company. What else was expected of sellswords?

On her mind was just what, if anything, she could learn from these men. Perhaps the one in such nice armor would be knowledgeable in certain matters. Taking a drink from her mug of water, she then stood and made her way to the bar to order a pitcher of ale. After giving the coin to Myra with a very nice tip, she stepped over to the table of the three Grey Scales and set the pitcher on the surface. Standing over them in all of her 6'6", heavily armored person, she inclined her head.

"Forgive me for the intrusion, sirs, but I could not help but notice your affiliation with the Grey Scales. They saved my life, so I wanted to show a gesture of thanks in some way, at least for the time being."

It pained her greatly to know that such was true, but without the Grey Scales having arrived at the caravan when they did, Danika knew her fate would have been worse than death. She clasped her hands behind her back and stood with her head high, meeting their eyes when speaking to them. Such was respectful.

"I understand you are recruiting?"
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:18 pm

((They made their way to the north. They grey scales went to the tavern.
The curious few are indeed going to listen to Rayne :p))
Back to top Go down
ADM_Revenant

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:53 pm

One of the scrawny looking Greyscales looked up, a pause in his eating frozen there with a eye widening stare. The bulkier man with a beard looked to the scrawny fellow and took his half eaten chicken leg and placed it in his mouth sucking the meat off the bone, not even that drew the little mans attention off the tall woman.

The man in the breastplate had a mild surprise painted upon his expression though it faded into a smiled after she spoke. He wiped his hands off at a handkerchief and dipped his head.
"You are most welcome miss. The Greyscales do make a habit of looking out for those in need.. My men are undoubily pleased with your gesture." The man kicked at their shins. Causing the two to nod. "and yes you are correct in your assumption. Is that interest I hear in your tone?"
Back to top Go down
StreetLights

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:04 am

Danika was rather used to such shock and various looks like the one the scrawny man gave her. She actually preferred these looks compared to the nasty remarks she sometimes received. Stares were sometimes better than the vicious words some people could throw. Sometimes.

She made no smile and did not try to be overly polite. She was strictly in a sort of business demeanor, keeping as formal as possible in their exchange.

"I will be honest with you, sir. I do not know if I have interest or not. I have heard some rather...discouraging things. However, we all know that rumors are simply that. Rumors. I figured I could come and speak to a few who could speak openly and honestly about a few matters. However, I do not wish to impede upon your rest and recuperation here. I'm sure you've had quite the journey."
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:27 pm

(( Oh, goodie. An audience. I feel special. :3 ))

After a decent half dozen or so have gathered, Rayfe unbuckles his shield from his arm and sets it, point down, on the ground. He then removes his helmet and turns to those gathered, resting his left hand on his shield to hold it up and cradling his helm under his right arm. He clears his throat, producing a low gutteral sound, to get the attention of those chatting amongst themselves.

"To those gathered here in response to my flyer," he began confidently, his voice rumbling powerfully in his chest, "thank you for coming." His intense golden eyes scanned over those gathered.

"I would like to preface my statements with the following: Had the Greyscales not tended my wounds as they did and taken me to their encampment, I would have surely perished." He furrows his brow as someone delivering unpleasant news, "That does not change what I have to say however."

He takes a deep breath before continuing. "The caravan that included the warhorses, war hounds, and other supplies, was rumored to have been waylaid by undead forces. A contingent of militia and Helmites--including myself and Ser Danika Erryn--were sent to investigate."

"Upon arrival, we found the wagons destroyed and nearly all cargo missing. It was not long before the undead that attacked the caravan returned and set upon us as well." A slight frown might be seen to form on his lips. "To my knowledge, Ser Erryn and I were the only survivors of that second attack. She and I awoke some time later at a small fishing village occupied by Greyscale forces."

He shifts his left arm to hold the tower shield upright by it's straps. "A few hours after waking, what seemed to be another search party consisting of various adventurers as well as your militia captain, Wester Colt, arrived at the front gate. After discussion with some figure of authority, the Greyscales returned our gear to us and allowed us to leave."

He takes another deep breath, a slight growl emenating from his throat as he exhaled. "The missing cargo that was sent to Shadowdale from Cormyr was very plainly seen being held in Greyscale custody. The warhorses you may have seen these mercenaries ride into town on are the property of Shadowdale's militia."

"Captain Colt is aware of the situation and I trust that he will see that it is resolved within the confines of Shadowdale law." He nods to the group, letting his shield relax a bit. "I will now take questions if you have any."

Last edited by SaphyrBlaze on Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ADM_Revenant

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:13 am

The man in breastplate glanced to the other two then back up to the tall woman. "Whats a few more moments of our time." He let a smile form. "Feel free to speak your mind. I'm sure I can put these disheartening rumors to rest, after all I do think I've heard them all. No more then mere words from the lips of competitors or those unlucky enough to find themselves on the wrong side of the coin."
Back to top Go down
StreetLights

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:32 am

Her face remained neutral, but the last statement the man made irked her a bit. Mercenaries cared not for the lives of those they held their blade against. They cared nothing for honor or if their acts were potentially harmful to the weak and innocent. It was sickening, really. But she kept her rather emotionless expression, trained by her own father how to push emotions aside when need be.

"Would definitely be a shame to be on the wrong side of the coin, I agree. I hope we ourselves never end up on that side and become the enemy, especially when allies and allegiances can be so fluid as to who offers the most profit, no?"

There was no sarcasm in her tone, nor any sort of disrespectful demeanor in her remarks. She was simply speaking the truth as she perceived it, as if she herself new the reality of what she said. As if she'd experienced it herself.

"There are rumors of murders. I hear an entire family was put down, women and children included. I also hear that it was under the command of some man named Tlarther. I have heard much about the man, actually. But I hear he is no longer in command, which strikes me as odd. To be in such a position where one is likely being paid higher wages as well as the respect the title holds...it is strange someone would leave that. As if something happened. If I am to join a group such as this, I do not want to be throwing myself under the horse's hoof, so to speak, if there is potential for bad blood or fighting within ranks."

She shifts slightly in her stance, her heavy armor shimmering in the light of the candles surrounding.

"I mean no disrespect, of course. I simply wish to know if the investment of my Shield is in the right place."
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:16 pm

(( Placeholder filled. Smile See my previous post for the RP. ))
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:24 pm

SaphyrBlaze wrote:
(( Oh, goodie. An audience. I feel special. :3 ))

After a decent half dozen or so have gathered, Rayfe unbuckles his shield from his arm and sets it, point down, on the ground. He then removes his helmet and turns to those gathered, resting his left hand on his shield to hold it up and cradling his helm under his right arm. He clears his throat, producing a low gutteral sound, to get the attention of those chatting amongst themselves.

"To those gathered here in response to my flyer," he began confidently, his voice rumbling powerfully in his chest, "thank you for coming." His intense golden eyes scanned over those gathered.

"I would like to preface my statements with the following: Had the Greyscales not tended my wounds as they did and taken me to their encampment, I would have surely perished." He furrows his brow as someone delivering unpleasant news, "That does not change what I have to say however."

He takes a deep breath before continuing. "The caravan that included the warhorses, war hounds, and other supplies, was rumored to have been waylaid by undead forces. A contingent of militia and Helmites--including myself and Ser Danika Erryn--were sent to investigate."

"Upon arrival, we found the wagons destroyed and nearly all cargo missing. It was not long before the undead that attacked the caravan returned and set upon us as well." A slight frown might be seen to form on his lips. "To my knowledge, Ser Erryn and I were the only survivors of that second attack. She and I awoke some time later at a small fishing village occupied by Greyscale forces."

He shifts his left arm to hold the tower shield upright by it's straps. "A few hours after waking, what seemed to be another search party consisting of various adventurers as well as your militia captain, Wester Colt, arrived at the front gate. After discussion with some figure of authority, the Greyscales returned our gear to us and allowed us to leave."

He takes another deep breath, a slight growl emenating from his throat as he exhaled. "The missing cargo that was sent to Shadowdale from Cormyr was very plainly seen being held in Greyscale custody. The warhorses you may have seen these mercenaries ride into town on are the property of Shadowdale's militia."

"Captain Colt is aware of the situation and I trust that he will see that it is resolved within the confines of Shadowdale law." He nods to the group, letting his shield relax a bit. "I will now take questions if you have any."

After he finishes with his story, murmurs are heard between those gathered. Judging by the tones, it seems there's an equal mix of both agreement and disagreement as to whether or not to believe the man's words. A few people simply walk away, nodding as they heard likely what they thought they would, muttering about 'good for nothing mercenaries'. A few other still stay, and one man in particular steps forward with a question.

"You saw them take the stuff? Why didn't you do anything?"
Back to top Go down
KSC

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:22 pm

Tweela steps to Rayfe's side and speaks softly; "I was part of the rescue team, I'll speak if you think it will help."
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:16 pm

Rayfe had opened his mouth to answer the man's question, but when Tweela spoke he looked to her and nodded. "Please, Miss, say your piece."
Back to top Go down
ADM_Revenant

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:04 pm

The man chuckled lightly at Danika's response. "That would be a pity. Luckly we are here to help the fair folk of the Dales. We already offer protection to a small fishing post a few hours ride from here, they would surely be dead if it wasn't for us."

Slacking his shoulders the man in breastplate straddled the tables bench that he sat upon by placing a leg at either side. Now facing Danika the man placed his hands at his legs and smiled. "Those rumors were true when we were being lead around by that madman.. madmen do strange things, like steal from employers, kill your own men for no good reason. No one respects a madman no matter the title he holds. Our new commander however is quite the opposite.. she has honor, beauty, and a love for coin. What more could we ask for."
Back to top Go down
StreetLights

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:47 pm

"He stole from his own employer? That's a very serious allegation, as is of course slaying one's own men. Why was he in such a position to begin with if he was considered a mad man? Forgive my confusion, but things do not add up here. With respect, it seems strange to me that your company would allow a man in such a position."
Back to top Go down
KSC

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:39 pm

"I am Sister Twilight of the Old Order", she takes a step forward to speak.

"After much fighting to pass undead patrols we arrived at the ambush site and found Greyscales gathering bodies and supplies. With out putting up resistance they let us take possession of the last two wagons and everything we could pack into them. Then they led us to their camp, a walled fishing village.

To enter the village we had to surrender our weapons at the gate. When we were led to Rafye and Danika we found them striped of gear an receiving minimal medical assistance. It was with effort the healers with us managed to just get them walking. After our battles, having two injured, and most of our number being unarmed we were in no position to do more than observe. The best action we could have taken was to return the injured and recovered supplies to town, and inform the Captain.

To do anything else was to risk the safe delivery of news warning of the Greyscales treachery, the supplies, and injured. At best making them and ourselves hostages." Tweela, steps back to indicate she is finished speaking, for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board   

Back to top Go down

Parchment Pinned at Shadowdale Board
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next