Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Rumour and noise in the Old skull Inn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ticladesign

PostSubject: Rumour and noise in the Old skull Inn   Thu May 28, 2015 5:26 pm

Rumour is heared in the Old Skull Inn. The sounds of Banners being unfolded near the stage, sounds of Metal Bowls with fruits being placed on the tables. Not the usual, but exotic fruits in plenty. The smells of New spices being prepaired, and finally it seems several drums being tested. This evening, a moment of loud Drumming. It is almost more like a test of instruments.

After testing the instruments, Noya goes around holding a Bowl of Dates and Fruits to anyone curious enough on what is being prepaired on stage. She asks too, some tallfolk to help her raise the two banners to be hung behind the stage. In the back room a long robe is hung, carefully steamed for this one occasion. Noya speaks of a "Deverish" Yet insists it is not a Combat Deverish like there may be some among the adventurers that are such exotic fighters.

This Deverish is religious of nature, Noya insists.
Back to top Go down
Ticladesign

PostSubject: Re: Rumour and noise in the Old skull Inn   Thu May 28, 2015 6:36 pm

With some effort, Noya Manages to raise the two banners behind the stage. Kept standing using a few broomsticks, but it will have to do.

With an apology of a small absence Noya disapears only to reappear soon in an long robe, and a tall hat. The Robe is colored in a Yellow, almost golden cloth, and held together by a Green belt of a silken cloth, it's color being a very strong Green. The same as the two banners have.

Then Noya places a finger before her mouth to hopefully put some attention on her arrival on stage, and the needed quiet before the dance starts. Before it begins however Noya speaks a Verse of her Green book, almost in a chanting like manner.

"Show mercy upon the misguided in your tribe and make them close ranks under my light. Provide them with the best of care, food in plenty and a shelter among the ranks Yon'dah'lah's faithfull. Ours is an embrace of protection to all things of the Halfling. That what he brings and that what is given to him. Yet what is brought shall not be payment of status; what is owned is not part of the Halfling. That what is owned will shatter or disapear at one given day."

(An'Quda 2:3)

And with the words of the An'Quda spoken, which Noya translated as The Guidance, She starts the Deverish dance as Amalee had requested to see. There was hope in Noya's heart that perhaps Amalee would be there in the crowd yet, all focus lay on the Deverish. It wasnt like Noya had the natural talent of a dancer, like Amalee. Yet this dance, was no bladedance like the Deverishes are known for. This Deverish dance was only known among her kin, the Al-Halshi Hin. And they were a small, and unknown tribe of Desert wanderers to many. Especially those who frequented this Inn.

It was a spinning dance. With her eyes closed Noya seemed to dance in a trance-like state, as she whispered the verse from the Book into herself, and out to the public who were watching her Deverish dance. There were no weapons held, nor praise of violence. All that remains was the deep devotion to the Halfling Goddess Yondalla and all she had given her children. This was a dance of a desert culture so odd to some, yet so dedicated to this one goddess. The Goddess that made the Halfling in her own image.

For Yon'dah'lah the Deverishes shall dance in prayer, and all Halflings shall remember your name. As you are Most Providing, most Protecting.

Last edited by Ticladesign on Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
elvenico

PostSubject: Re: Rumour and noise in the Old skull Inn   Thu May 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Amalee is indeed present easily seen by Noya, the tatooed hin is just near the stage to ge a good look at the dance that Noya offer.
Watching with quite rapt attention at the desert style, and apparently taking mental notes.
Back to top Go down
Gorebash

PostSubject: Re: Rumour and noise in the Old skull Inn   Thu May 28, 2015 7:53 pm

Sat near Amalee and watching the dance, Sordoc enjoys a pint of sweet cider and munches on some of the dates. He seems enthralled by the music and dancing of another culture, especially of the Deverishes he's heard snippets of.

He leans over to Amalee and whispers, "Wunner how tha' compares ta yan dancin'?"
Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

PostSubject: Re: Rumour and noise in the Old skull Inn   Thu May 28, 2015 9:06 pm

*Wu Ling watches from the bar while smoking his pipe*
Back to top Go down
BedlamX

PostSubject: Re: Rumour and noise in the Old skull Inn   Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:40 pm

*Jarrin steps out of his office and looks around at all the noise. His usual smile is not present... but the mug of ale is.*

Peachy...

First I get nutters burnin the joint down... then officials an dignitaries usin whatever they need... now folks making noise an redecorating the joint.

*he takes a drink, shakes his head, and goes back in his office mumbling about who will take over next*
Back to top Go down
elvenico

PostSubject: Re: Rumour and noise in the Old skull Inn   Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:46 am

Looks at Sordoc, a tiny smile gracing her lips, just for a moment, just for the gnome, then returb to observe the dance for severa moments more before answering in a hushed tone, to not disturb the dancer and the musicians.
"She do it to thank her goddess, I do it for myself, she's good, I like it, is different from my style, she learned one tradition of her tribe and carry it along the centuries. I picked things hereand there made my own style and mine is less devotion and more... how to say... personal investment. But we could dance togheter... Yes I'dlike that. "
Green green eyes return for amoment on the gnome, how to check if her words meant something to return swiftly and even greedly to capture the dancer movements and steal them.
Back to top Go down
Gorebash

PostSubject: Re: Rumour and noise in the Old skull Inn   Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:32 pm

Still leaning in, he continues to whisper as well as watching the dancing.

"Hmm, iffen ya want I ta dance wi' ya, probably gonna need a fair few lessons. Mayhap a few private wuns, dun't wanna make too many folk fall o'er laughin'."

He pauses considering.

"prob'ly best fer some private lessons ta start."
Back to top Go down
elvenico

PostSubject: Re: Rumour and noise in the Old skull Inn   Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:49 pm

The hin turn her head toward the gnome, a surprised expressionbat the request, surprise tha turn into delight shortly after.
"Of course I'll be happy to give you lessons!"
The hin dancer says with a delighted tone.
"And with your fighting style you already know about balance rythm and you are very fit. We'll start when you want. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumour and noise in the Old skull Inn   

Back to top Go down

Rumour and noise in the Old skull Inn
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1