Share | 

Springtime Rain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FFSDave

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Rain   Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:10 am

// sorry forgot the math.

My ditch is 2640 (the half mile needed from source) x 3 (waist depth)x 6 wide. I have to shift 1760 cubic yards. 15840 wheel barrows to bring it down to workforce calculations.

Now am in the business so know 6-7 barrows can be shifted an hour and half that rate for rain. So 20 minutes a wheel barrow is fair.

3 barrow per man per hour is 120 barrows an hour. 960 for an 8 hour day. Works at 16.5 days to finish. So the ditches are all but finished. Tomorrow should be considered due date.//
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Rain   Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:25 am

DM_Sapphire wrote:
The sort of mud moats are now looking as if they themselves will flood over soon. Commander Vorik steps in looking rather frustrated and upset. He orders the militia to stop their digging and tries to determine what would be best. He can be heard muttering something about needing to find a druid.

((The trenches are not being worked on.))
Back to top Go down
FFSDave

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Rain   Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:36 am

// which was stopped today so I assume there is 16 hours of labour left to finish the ditch. Correct?
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Rain   Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:55 am

((Honestly I'm terrible at math. Not my forte. I would spend the time to dish this out bit by bit, but I will just make myself frustrated. We'll go with 16hrs left. Sure.))
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Rain   Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:26 am

StrawberryBlonde wrote:
Lira Fry, having talked to many of the farmers during the Dust survey, went back to talk to those who lived near the river.  She asks what kind of emergency aid, if any, would be helpful at this juncture. Labor, supplies, tools - which of any of these would help?

Of the farms in the town near the river, Lira would find that the farmers have basically done what they can to prepare. The haybales are taken up and placed into drier conditions. There's really nothing else that they can do to prepare now. All they can do is be ready to handle things after the flooding stops.

Due to the efforts of healers and others handing out poultices, the workers seem to be doing fairly well and none are sick.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Rain   Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:36 am

Iwean will find a high spot and watch what he hopes is nature. He will give a pray to Lurue to protect the animals.
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Rain   Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:38 am

So far there has been no reason to believe this isn't just simply a particularly nasty spring. The animals seem to have moved to higher ground when need be and look safe.
Back to top Go down
ADM Popcorn

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Rain   Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:31 pm

The torrential spring rains finally come to a blessed end, leaving parts of the River Ashaba flooded, and raising concerns that other bodies of water will be affected, as well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Springtime Rain   

Back to top Go down

Springtime Rain
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2