Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Nova Luna Troupe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: The Nova Luna Troupe   Mon May 04, 2015 9:51 pm

Sheighley had come up with the name on a whim as the spectators cast a critical eye on their first, admittedly rough, rehearsal. But it seemed to fir to her - New because they were, Moon for the theater and the mystery of the performing arts, and together - well it just sort of seemed right to her.  Much like the lurics for songs just sometimes came to her...ah well. They has a name now and that seemed to be making things not real now and not just fancies of doing the performance. 

She sat in the backstage area of the theater with her sewing out. She had left notes for other members of the play hat she would be here working on things and she wondered if anyone would show up. Her aunt had told her that members of a company that spent time together on things other than the actual production would bond and thus produce superior results. As far as the bardess was concerned her aunt was pretty much always right, so she has come up with this idea of working on costumes, props and staging as a way for them to grow closer. She just hoped she wouldn't spend all her time alone...am empty theater always seemed a little creepy to her.  Full of the ghosts of performances past...

The recent rehearsal had gone quite well for a first time, she thought. The Hat Master had been good - she had had no doubt there - but Michael had surprised her by knowing all of his lines, as well as - enjoying things do greatly!  It was good most to have to deal with a case of Stage fright!!  But equally as relevetory had been Kendra. Sheighley could tell experience and talent where she saw it - it had seemed a weight lifted from her as soon as she saw that she would have the aid of someone so skilled. She knew it would inspire her, but she also knew that the woman could direct and organize as well as she herself. Kendra had seemed a treat, she looked forward to getting to know her better.  

And Lia's skills were undeniable. Sheighley secretly figured on trying to make the little elf famous - she'd be good at being famous Sheighley figured wih a smile. It wouldn't take much - just the right roles. This one would be a good start - but she'd have to start thinking of a new play soon. She really wanted to see Lia and Kendra play off of each other - the tension of dual leads could really send a production to dizzying heights!  

Well. Time to check the sauce simmering in the kitchen, and see if anyone else had wandered in...

Last edited by StrawberryBlonde on Tue May 05, 2015 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: The Nova Luna Troupe   Tue May 05, 2015 10:32 am

She discovered a note and a package in the kitchen...Sheighley opened the note and scanned it, and then dug into the package with feral glee. Cookies! Gods bless Kendra...the note said she'd be gone for a while, but since she had left cookie Sheigh was very willing to forgive!
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

PostSubject: Re: The Nova Luna Troupe   Tue May 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Early the next morning in Shadowdale, a certain little moon elf bardess wakes from her reverie, yawns and stretches her arms. She carefully leaves her inn room, closing the door quietly behind her to not wake the elf that was still slumbering inside. She tip-toes down the hallway, slipping towards the stairs and she heads down to the bar to order breakfast. When the inn-keeper handed her a note, she quickly opens it and nearly drops the freshly baked bread she had been munching on. Her silver eyes widen and she tips the barkeep before slipping out of the inn, going at a fairly brisk pace towards the Dancing Moon. "Can't be late, can't be late..."

Not too soon after that, Lia slips inside the Dancing Moon and heads toward the theatre. "Sheigh, dear, are you here? I brought the wine and fresh thread and needles if we need them!" She cants her head, wandering around the large room before setting her pack on a nearby chair. Today, the little elf bardess would be wearing her blue robe. She was beyond excited. They would finally have a troop of their own! It was a dream she had shared with her little sister for years. Since she had met Sheigh, she knew they would become an unstoppable force in the arts world. She starts setting out wine with a few glasses, humming to herself and setting out her sewing supplies.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: The Nova Luna Troupe   Sun May 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Sheighley laughs as she catches sight of the small moon elf lass. "Lia!  I should have known you'd be by!  And look!  Kendra left cookies!"  The human girl greedily stuffed one of the peanut butter morsels into her mouth, letting forth a gale of giggles and a gasp of gaiety. 

Yes, even her emotes evoked alliteration. 

She swept the cookies towards lia. Dumped masses of black, red, and purple silks into the table, then dashed to the stove to five a bubbling pot of something a brisk store. Meanwhile, her voice ratcheted up to full spate. "She'll be gone another tenday or so, we've got time to work on the costumes...we still need to find a Kysan or a Mist...I had an odd visit from a priestess about Michael?,warning me to not be fooling about with him do you know anything about that?  I think there are more props and costumes downstairs here in the theater we should look...you need to try this sauce it's not bad if I say so myself..."  She finally ran down and smiled her brightest at Lia. "It is so grand to see you!  You need to tell me all about how things are going for you!"
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

PostSubject: Re: The Nova Luna Troupe   Sun May 10, 2015 5:33 pm

StrawberryBlonde wrote:
Sheighley laughs as she catches sight of the small moon elf lass. "Lia!  I should have known you'd be by!  And look!  Kendra left cookies!"  The human girl greedily stuffed one of the peanut butter morsels into her mouth, letting forth a gale of giggles and a gasp of gaiety. 

Yes, even her emotes evoked alliteration. 

She swept the cookies towards lia. Dumped masses of black, red, and purple silks into the table, then dashed to the stove to five a bubbling pot of something a brisk store. Meanwhile, her voice ratcheted up to full spate. "She'll be gone another tenday or so, we've got time to work on the costumes...we still need to find a Kysan or a Mist...I had an odd visit from a priestess about Michael?,warning me to not be fooling about with him do you know anything about that?  I think there are more props and costumes downstairs here in the theater we should look...you need to try this sauce it's not bad if I say so myself..."  She finally ran down and smiled her brightest at Lia. "It is so grand to see you!  You need to tell me all about how things are going for you!"

Lia smiles wide at Sheighley as she sees her. "Hello dearest. And did she? What a sweet lady." Her smile widens into a grin. She gently takes one of the cookies and begins munching on one. Her silver eyes drift over the multiple piles of silk upon the table. "I may be able to find us a Kysan or Mist. Just give me a few days to look into it."

She tilts her head curiously. "As far as the priestess goes, yes, I know of her. But why she would come here and warn us of that," she shakes her head, "is quite beyond me. I've been spending all my time with Anyn. But, I have no idea if Michael has been spending his time with ladies. It has happened before."

She slowly sinks into a chair at the table and begins to sip her wine. "Things are well! I don't think I can complain one bit. How're you, dear?"
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: The Nova Luna Troupe   Mon May 11, 2015 9:03 pm

"Well!  I've had a fun time with the festival. I think a lot of people have has a joyous time. And could I possibly ask for anything more than that?"  The green-eyed bardess gave a little shaking shimmy of her own pure enjoyment. "People have learned some culture and some history - that is good. They've had some drinks and food and shown off their skills. And they've managed to meet interesting new people!"  Sheighley gave her friend a semi-innocent wink.  "i think you have made a fine choice Lia.  Fine indeed."

She took the red silk robes and started to attach the dragon ish features to the robes, creating the illusion of the great red dragon, Mist. "I think we are on the cusp of doing something really grand here. I just KNOW you are going to be spectacular Lia. And once we've got a successful show under our belts, well then!  A play about the history of the Dales perhaps?  Two winners would give us a good reputation. And we're getting good players!"  Sheighley hugged herself. "Can't you just feel the excitement building?"  She scarfed a handful of cookie. "Or maybe I'm just sating one of my hungers, heh!"
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

PostSubject: Re: The Nova Luna Troupe   Tue May 12, 2015 11:56 am

StrawberryBlonde wrote:
"Well!  I've had a fun time with the festival. I think a lot of people have has a joyous time. And could I possibly ask for anything more than that?"  The green-eyed bardess gave a little shaking shimmy of her own pure enjoyment. "People have learned some culture and some history - that is good. They've had some drinks and food and shown off their skills. And they've managed to meet interesting new people!"  Sheighley gave her friend a semi-innocent wink.  "i think you have made a fine choice Lia.  Fine indeed."

She took the red silk robes and started to attach the dragon ish features to the robes, creating the illusion of the great red dragon, Mist. "I think we are on the cusp of doing something really grand here. I just KNOW you are going to be spectacular Lia. And once we've got a successful show under our belts, well then!  A play about the history of the Dales perhaps?  Two winners would give us a good reputation. And we're getting good players!"  Sheighley hugged herself. "Can't you just feel the excitement building?"  She scarfed a handful of cookie. "Or maybe I'm just sating one of my hungers, heh!"

She laughs and smiles, snatching another cookie from the other bardess. "I do think it was quite the success. The turnout was rather impressive and I think everyone enjoyed the break from...well, everything else, considering." Her lips twitch into a grin. "I've yet to find Ranya, though, and I know you really wanted him to accompany you on the last day."

The elf begins sorting out the silks, handing Sheighley swatches of the red silk. As Sheigh starts talking about the play, her grin widens. "I do think people are rather curious about the play. I keep getting asked about it by multiple people. Oh, and if we're looking for more players," she arches a brow, "we really ought to consider Amalee, Mineva and Victoria. Amalee and Mineva are quite the dancers. I think Victoria is an experienced actress herself, of sorts."

She snickers lightly. "As for me, you know I'll do my best, dear! I'm quite curious what you have planned for the next play. Your script-writing has always been beyond brilliant. It's likely going to put our little troop right on the map."
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: The Nova Luna Troupe   Wed May 13, 2015 4:11 pm

The human girl smiled at her friend as she poured a half glass of something sweet. "I think it might be fun to go to the coronal's court in a few days, or the one after that."  Sheighley sampled the wine and nodded in satisfaction at the rich full flavor. "It doesn't hurt to get known at court - you can get sponsors or sometimes patrons that way. And it can also lead to some ideas for productions, to see what subjects and fashions are popular with the high and mighty, perhaps."  She grinned and winked at Lia.  "Of course I don't know if even the City of Song is all that favorable of an elven city for human lasses.  And you probably don't need to mention that I spent a lot of time with the revolutionaries and anarchists in Arabel my last trip to Cormyr..."  The bardess dimpled. "There is often a lot of artistic energy associated with events like that."

She took another sip of wine and watched Lia's reaction. "And maybe some of the people you were thinking might like to be in the play would be there?  It just sounds like the kind of event that is good for seeing people and being seen. What do you think dear?"  Sheighley reached over to pour a tot for her friend.
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

PostSubject: Re: The Nova Luna Troupe   Sun May 17, 2015 1:48 pm

The smile on the elf's face seems to fade a bit but she seems to fall quiet for a moment before answering. "I'm not a huge fan of the Elven court myself. Growing up on Evermeet, I could see that the Court was mainly influenced by politics, the noble families and social hierarchy. But, I do see your point as to how it would benefit us. I would go for you, though, Sheigh."

"From what I hear about the Coronal, she has favored a few Elven bards in the past. I do think it would take quite a while to gain influence with her." She arches a brow in thought as she sips her wine. "She is quite the divine figure, after all. But, you already know how I feel about the human-elf debate. I still find it ridiculous, even after fifty years of dealing with it in other cities."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Nova Luna Troupe   

Back to top Go down

The Nova Luna Troupe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1