Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A sign posted outside the main gate of Ironhouse Halls. (a guard stands near by)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jalmynar

PostSubject: A sign posted outside the main gate of Ironhouse Halls. (a guard stands near by)   Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:16 pm

Let it be known that if one of the Clan is targeted all will stand together. Sandra has sworn to cause injury to one of the Clansmen. All Clansmen and friends of the Clan are asked to eliminate this threat. A reward of 500,000 gold is given to the one who captures and delivers this villain to the Halls for final justice.

Thane Valtore Ahur of the Ironhouse.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: A sign posted outside the main gate of Ironhouse Halls. (a guard stands near by)   Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:21 pm

//This is a pure rp post and the reward will not be paid out unless the player agreed to pk their toon for some reason. Just trying to generate rp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A sign posted outside the main gate of Ironhouse Halls. (a guard stands near by)   Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:44 am

When Leo visits the halls and reads the post on gate he tells the guard there, sightly growling when mentioning Sandra's name: "I received letter that the prey wants to hurt Bryanna by targeting all she cares for. This includes me and my family, and my family includes Ironhouse. Sandra has been marked now and will be hunted. There will be no need for any gold reward. Having peace and ending her reign of terror is the reward itself. I was told by people I trust that she lost her chance for redeeming herself, thus she will pay her crimes in blood. All the evil that fails in attempt for redemption and continues to harm us must be utterly destroyed."
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A sign posted outside the main gate of Ironhouse Halls. (a guard stands near by)   Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:16 pm

((If this is indeed IC, then I ask for the OOC note to be removed. No player can ask another to PK:

Quote :
16. Permadeath. Note that no player can force perma death on you for a simple PvP encounter.

Placing a bounty and not paying it if the player doesn't PK is a way of trying to force perma on someone and is not acceptable. As per our PMs back and forth, jaly, I've asked that OOC note to be removed. If there's a bounty, there's a bounty. But no player can enforce perma on another. Perma as concequences to actions is up to the DMs to decide. Not players.))
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: A sign posted outside the main gate of Ironhouse Halls. (a guard stands near by)   Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:23 pm

//To clarify. I am not forcing pk or even asking for pk. The point here is to show her actions have warranted (in the eyes of the Clan at least) a huge bounty. The player can now rp that price on her head. Others can hunt her which she can rp out of freely. She could even agree to be captured and delivered to the dwarves then after a few days ask to be released which we would gladly agree to (avoiding pk). The point of the oocly post was to avoid someone capturing her to get the huge reward then doing it again. The next week...and the week after and the week after that. There by making the bounty pointless and stupid. By putting the simple stipulation that he will not pay till she swings by the noose I was attempting to make this more about rp and less about PvP or mechanics.
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

PostSubject: Re: A sign posted outside the main gate of Ironhouse Halls. (a guard stands near by)   Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:38 pm

((This will be handled by an HDM on Monday. While we don't want to have to stop IC actions from happening and interrupt RP, it is clear that HDM intervention is needed. For this reason, we ask for the players involved to hold off on actions until a HDM can get it taken care of on Monday. Unfortunately real life gets in the way sometimes and we can't always be logged in 24/7. Thank you for your understanding.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A sign posted outside the main gate of Ironhouse Halls. (a guard stands near by)   Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:07 am

((Suggestion: Why permadeath needs to be involved at the first place? I only RPed my character that way but I was always oocly against permadeath in any form, be it enforceable or not. Only character's owners should be able to decide will they permakill their characters. If bounty is dealt with and if the character Sandra is killed in process, she will not remember events that led to her death according to the rules, which was her going against the Ironhouse Clan, she will not remember that she should go against the Clan again (but the players who keep repeating same thing over and over were the cause of permadeath rule being created at the first place). The story simply ends there and there is no need to permakill or to take xp hit at all, no side should suffer any loss from RpPvP, and in long terms RP like this that involves so many players all sides should be rewarded instead in my opinion, not just those who built a stronger build mechanically, it's an event created by players interacting with each other, and something positive should come from it, not negativity))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A sign posted outside the main gate of Ironhouse Halls. (a guard stands near by)   

Back to top Go down

A sign posted outside the main gate of Ironhouse Halls. (a guard stands near by)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1