Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Bear Tracks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GholaMan



Posts : 265
Join date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Bear Tracks   Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:14 pm

It was midday when the announcement about the elders was made by Bryanna at the fountain in Shadowdale. It left Xune questioning the effectiveness of Shadowdale's government once again, two of its leaders imprisoned by the town's militia. Yet no line of succession or chain of command that would give guidance or power for a township that faces annihilation by undead. And Falconhand dead by some unknown the only information they have is that his bear brought him in from the east. Truly a pitiful day for the inhabitants of the farming community.

She used the rest of the day to prepare for her sojourn day old tracks would not be beyond her skill, and so supplies were gathered, prayers were offered to her patron Kossuth. And she headed out to the eastern road just as the sun was setting. Her drow blood allowed her to see perfectly in the darkness, this would not make things more difficult, if anything it would give an advantage to anything out there that could not also see well in darkness.

Footsteps came from behind her, turning she found the familiar sight of Bart a pleasant one, and after a short conversation the two set out to find these bear tracks. With only a minor interruption the two worked to find out where Falconhand's bear came from and to naturally follow them to wherever it came from.


screen shots:
 
screen shots:
 
screen shots:
 

(respectfully requesting a dm response please.)
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4056
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: Bear Tracks   Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:32 am

The prints are rather obvious, the heavy steps of the bear dragging a body and small bits of blood marking a clear path on the ground. The clear path seems to lead North to the area of Fox Ridge.
Back to top Go down
GholaMan



Posts : 265
Join date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Bear Tracks   Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:08 pm

Xune gestures for Bart to follow when she spots the tracks, pointing in the direction of fox ridge "I would hate to be interrupted by gnolls. So lets try to be quiet Bart" And so Xune heads to fox ridge keeping quiet and hidden among the foliage of the hills while following the path that was left by the bear.
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4056
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: Bear Tracks   Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:11 am

The gnolls wander about as they normally do, barking orders at each other and even scuffling a bit amongst themselves. Such is the way of a tribe. It begins to rain, making the path more difficult to track. However, it still seems to head North. The town of Shadowdale seems to loom in the distance. It could be assumed that it's heading for there, but one would have to continue to be sure...
Back to top Go down
GholaMan



Posts : 265
Join date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Bear Tracks   Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:04 pm

Naturally she continues, picking up the pace now that the rain has set in, she heads north past the gnolls to wherever the tracks lead her. Knowing that with rain it would not be beyond her abilities to find the location of where this leads she still does not waste time, the experienced ranger able to move quickly and quietly.
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4056
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: Bear Tracks   Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:50 am

Eventually Xune and Bart seem to find themselves wandering through a rather large forest. Rain has washed away much of what was along the ground as far as blood is concerned. There seems to be a few carcasses of wolves, one of a bear, and a gathering of trees in a circle, for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 58
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Bear Tracks   Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:46 am

Iwean on his normal patrols of Fox Ridge, Shadowdale East and Shadowdale Woods. If he would stumble upon these bear tracks would certainly follow them. (Keep in mind Iwean has no idea of the political happens in Shadowdale and would just be stumbling on the tracks) If he detects humanoid he will attempt to catch up, if not he will follow more leisurely and examine the tracks in more detail.
Back to top Go down
GholaMan



Posts : 265
Join date : 2011-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Bear Tracks   Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:52 pm

As she heads into the forest she checks for any tufts of bear fur and broken underbrush where the large animal would have carried a humanoid body through the forest. The corpses of the animals put her on edge and the odd circle makes her feel as if they were going to walk into an ambush, she pauses outside the edge of the circle and peers inside cautious like a predator in unfamiliar territory. If nothing seemed unusual she would continue to follow the tracks to their end.
Back to top Go down
LaughingOctopus

avatar

Posts : 71
Join date : 2012-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Bear Tracks   Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:17 pm

"Must'a been a fight here. If I had to wager, I'd bet these animals here were fighting on somebody's behalf. Only reason I can think of why there'd be so many predators dead in one spot."

Bart would give the carcasses a once over to check for signs of what killed them.

"Those trees in a circle seem familiar to me though for some reason. Can't think of why though."
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4056
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: Bear Tracks   Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:16 am

tjhyland wrote:
Iwean on his normal patrols of Fox Ridge, Shadowdale East and Shadowdale Woods.  If he would stumble upon these bear tracks would certainly follow them.  (Keep in mind Iwean has no idea of the political happens in Shadowdale and would just be stumbling on the tracks) If he detects humanoid he will attempt to catch up,  if not he will follow more leisurely and examine the tracks in more detail.

((While he may stumble across the bear tracks, whether or not he finds Xune and Bart's tracks has to do with their own survival skill and whether or not they have trackless step. Otherwise...)) All you see are bear tracks with a bit of dragging towards the North. It doesn't seem too terribly out of place as you take a quick look, the rain beating down onto the dirt.

GholaMan wrote:
As she heads into the forest she checks for any tufts of bear fur and broken underbrush where the large animal would have carried a humanoid body through the forest. The corpses of the animals put her on edge and the odd circle makes her feel as if they were going to walk into an ambush, she pauses outside the edge of the circle and peers inside cautious like a predator in unfamiliar territory. If nothing seemed unusual she would continue to follow the tracks to their end.

The tracks end in that circle of tree, dead in the center. There was clearly a struggle here, though the tracks are more just a blur of messy and ruffled dirt.

LaughingOctopus wrote:
"Must'a been a fight here. If I had to wager, I'd bet these animals here were fighting on somebody's behalf. Only reason I can think of why there'd be so many predators dead in one spot."

Bart would give the carcasses a once over to check for signs of what killed them.

"Those trees in a circle seem familiar to me though for some reason. Can't think of why though."

((Please PM me your spot))
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 58
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Bear Tracks   Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:42 am

(Do I need to roll a dice or something) If I don't see the humanoid tracks I'll only follow for a short distance. Then continue patrols.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bear Tracks   

Back to top Go down
 
Bear Tracks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Kuma Kuma No mi (Zoan, Model: Polar Bear)
» Great Bear sword (Shichiseiken) or Seven Stars Sword
» Tsuki, the Polar Bear-Dog
» Christmas Fete : Name the Bear!
» Nana Bear

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Shadowdale-
Jump to: