Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Aftermath

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4054
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: The Aftermath   Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:53 pm

Panic had set across the town of Shadowdale. A dark portal opening by the well, darkness enveloping and swirls of spirits, screams of agony echoing across the air; things had truly spiraled into their own form of Hell. As fires enveloped the area, adventurers took up arms and did all they could to stop those that brought about the dark destruction reeking havoc upon the poor citizens.

After the enemies were slain and the smoke cleared, a number of bodies were strewn about the area, a scene of absolute horror across the center of town. Due to the quick thinking of the adventurers that had survived along with some whom had arrived after their travels outside of town, many were saved from dying outright. Of those that passed, many were even able to answer the call back to the realm of life.

In total, thirteen people passed on permanently. Thanks to the quick actions of adventurers, so many were saved. Those that passed include:

4 guards
4 civilians
4 beggars
1 merchant

It seems if it weren't for the militia members and the adventurers, many more would have died.

The town has much work that needs done. There is a huge chunk out of the fountain after monoliths and elementals seemed to knock into it. The side of the Inn had caught fire. A patch of grass and flowers is completely charred from where the undead were burned to ash.

However, it all seems worth it to know that people made it out alive.
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:25 am

*Once the body's have been cleared, the wounded moved off to be healed, the dead to be dealt with properly, and the undead dead body's burned..*

*Ravossel goes about checking to see if there is any undead taint lingering in or upon the earth were the attacks happened from.*
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

avatar

Posts : 1443
Join date : 2014-10-30

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:47 pm

As the night clears from the tragedy of shadowdales last attack, The sight of injured elves has become a common sight amongst the people, according to the rumours when the guard and the militia were dealing with the attack within central shadowdale itself, The elves had gone out to meet in the woods and forests an approaching attack force of undead, preventing them ever reaching the gates and walls.

Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2014-06-26
Age : 29
Location : TX/US CST

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:05 pm

Seeing more injured pour in, Maura seeks out whoever leads these elves and introduces herself as a servant of Shaundakul. She then offers her healing abilities, asking that they point her in the direction of those in the most critical condition first.
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4054
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:40 pm

Aidan Airna wrote:
*Once the body's have been cleared, the wounded moved off to be healed, the dead to be dealt with properly, and the undead dead body's burned..*

*Ravossel goes about checking to see if there is any undead taint lingering in or upon the earth were the attacks happened from.*

There does not seem to be any more of an Undead taint lingering in the earth where the attacks happened from in the center of Shadowdale. All seems clear.

SaphyrBlaze wrote:
Seeing more injured pour in, Maura seeks out whoever leads these elves and introduces herself as a servant of Shaundakul. She then offers her healing abilities, asking that they point her in the direction of those in the most critical condition first.

Any injured are taken to the hospital in town, and Maura would be asked to head there to aid with the more serious injuries. There are many that lie wounded in the building.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

avatar

Posts : 194
Join date : 2014-12-01

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:16 pm

Inside the Shadowdale hospital, Lira does her best to organize and triage the wounded. Fortunately sister Laura had laid in a good supply of bandages, ointments, tinctures and herbs.  They were sorely tested now as wounded poured in, and the horrid sounds of people in pain gave a surreal accompaniment to their healing efforts.

Any and all help would be gladly welcomed!
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2014-06-26
Age : 29
Location : TX/US CST

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:24 am

Maura heads to the hospital and other than her Celestial chanting, does not speak a word. Her expression tired and worn, she powers through the night, expending mass healing or focusing on a single victim where necessary. She rests and prays outside in solitude when needed to rejuvenate her magic, but doesn't stop her efforts otherwise. Her knowledge and practice with non-magical healing was limited, but she'd do what she could by channeling the power of The Helping Hand.

(( She has the epic feat Epic Mass Heal with two uses per "day". She did expend one during the IG aftermath events. CL 26 with WIS 23 (20 base + 3 from ring). Air and Protection domains. ))
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
KingOfAquilonia

avatar

Posts : 1048
Join date : 2012-03-17
Age : 30
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:33 am

*Kalthanar would simply stay near Maura making sure no one gave her a hard time or bothered her etc.*
Back to top Go down
Gennedy

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2012-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:35 am

Eustace berates, hollers, cajoles, and even kicks at the Guardsmen and Militiamen. "Git yore asses movin', boys! Squads'a five! Two shields, an archer, a medic, 'n' a magi! If'n yew can't find a magi, take 'nother archer! Go on, yuh lazy basturds, we ain't done workin' yet! We's on extra shifts 'til some'un outranks me says otherwise! C'mon now, git out there patrolin'! Ah ain't been gone so long y'all fergot th'feel'a mah boot stuffed up y'alls keisters! NOW MOVE OUT, GODS DAMNIT!" He then pointed at a group of Scouts. "C'mon, boys 'n' girls, yew with me. We goin' out th'Wall, make shore things're right."
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:08 am

DM_Sapphire wrote:
Aidan Airna wrote:
*Once the body's have been cleared, the wounded moved off to be healed, the dead to be dealt with properly, and the undead dead body's burned..*

*Ravossel goes about checking to see if there is any undead taint lingering in or upon the earth were the attacks happened from.*

There does not seem to be any more of an Undead taint lingering in the earth where the attacks happened from in the center of Shadowdale. All seems clear.

ADM Lightforge wrote:
As the night clears from the tragedy of shadowdales last attack, The sight of injured elves has become a common sight amongst the people, according to the rumours when the guard and the militia were dealing with the attack within central shadowdale itself, The elves had gone out to meet in the woods and forests an approaching attack force of undead, preventing them ever reaching the gates and walls.

*With the near sudden apprentice of more wounded, Ravossel moves to help to provide aid for the newly wounded. Using all she has at hand, Ravossel tries to heal as many that can be heald.
(( Ravossel's healing supplies, Scrolls: 10 Regeneration scrolls, 20 Heal scrolls, 10 Cure critical. Potions: 20 Vigor, 20 cure critical, 20 potions of Heal, kits: 10 +12 healing kit. ))

*Then Ravossel moves to cover all the burnt ground with ground covering vines, so that way there is no erosion, and formation of muse wholes down to a minimal.*
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

avatar

Posts : 194
Join date : 2014-12-01

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:17 am

Lira didn't understand the words the strange priestess chanted, and after a couple of attempts asking if she needed anything brought no reaction she concluded that she must be some foreigner of extreme power - perhaps a noble, for who else would bring such a fearsome bodyguard to a hospital?  

She knew Ravossel and welcomed the Druid with a tired smile. "Thank you for coming. Let me know if you need any supplies or sustenance."  Lira then set about getting the most severely injured to the new healers, moving the freshly cured to the back rooms or outside spending on room. She also got the kitchen going full bore, to provide hot meals for those who had suffered horrid injuries but now found fresh pink skin instead of gaping wounds. She also noted anyone who showed signs of shock - the body was not all that was harmed in the cours of such a fearsome assault.
Back to top Go down
ShinigamiGod

avatar

Posts : 547
Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:32 am

Victoria would arrive to the hospital after some time after this horrific incident. She could be seen cleaning the building, cooking or trying to help the injured with her medical supplies if allowed.
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

avatar

Posts : 4054
Join date : 2014-03-10
Location : Potatoland

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:01 pm

Those that offer healing to the injured folk are rewarded with thankful smiles. Wounds are mended, minds are relaxed, and the citizens, guards, and Elves that were injured slowly begin to get better.
((Good points will be distributed IG by me when I see you all on))

Gennedy wrote:
Eustace berates, hollers, cajoles, and even kicks at the Guardsmen and Militiamen. "Git yore asses movin', boys! Squads'a five! Two shields, an archer, a medic, 'n' a magi! If'n yew can't find a magi, take 'nother archer! Go on, yuh lazy basturds, we ain't done workin' yet! We's on extra shifts 'til some'un outranks me says otherwise! C'mon now, git out there patrolin'! Ah ain't been gone so long y'all fergot th'feel'a mah boot stuffed up y'alls keisters! NOW MOVE OUT, GODS DAMNIT!" He then pointed at a group of Scouts. "C'mon, boys 'n' girls, yew with me. We goin' out th'Wall, make shore things're right."

Some of the Guardsmen and Militiamen look at Eustace as if he's crazy. Some even say that specifically, muttering under their breaths as he attempts to order them around.

However, a few seem to take his stepping up and leadership close to heart and they follow his words, stepping up to stand beside him.
Back to top Go down
Gennedy

avatar

Posts : 84
Join date : 2012-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:14 pm

He glared around at those muttering and not moving. "Oh, ahm sorry! Ah didn't realize y'all needed yore momma's! Didja need me tuh go git yew yore blankey? Maybe a nice mug'a warm milk? AH THOUGHT Y'ALL WAS DALELANDERS!" He began going around, getting in the faces of the stragglers as he shouted. " 'n' here ah thought a Dalelander were th'toughest basturd ever tuh spit nails Toril'd ever seen! Y'all survived them filthy Zhents! Y'all whooped they asses back tuh they hideyhole! Y'all gonna let some feckin' dead folk make yew go runnin' tuh yore momma's skirt!? Way ah thought it was, was if'n a DALELANDER gits his face knocked in th'dirt he picks hisself back up and COMES BACK SWINGING! We pickin' ourselfs back up, boys 'n' girls! Can't git tuh swingin' if'n we ain't standin'! Do yore feckin' duty 'n' protect yore people! GIT THIS TOWN SAFE SOS WE CAN START SWINGIN', YUH BASTURDS!"
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:32 pm


*Ravossel greats Lira with a smile, and a soft warm hug.* you're quite well come, I'll probably most defiantly may need more healing kits, if I completely run out. *Gives a slight worried look, then smiles.* I'm sure all will be fine!!!

*with a soft loving smile.*
Pleas lead me to the ones who still needed ti be catered for.
*As Ravossel heals, and treats each wounded warrior, she keep a eye out for any that have missing body parts. So that when she prays for her gifts, she'll know what to pray for too help them.*

Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2014-06-26
Age : 29
Location : TX/US CST

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:29 pm

StrawberryBlonde wrote:
Lira didn't understand the words the strange priestess chanted, and after a couple of attempts asking if she needed anything brought no reaction she concluded that she must be some foreigner of extreme power - perhaps a noble, for who else would bring such a fearsome bodyguard to a hospital?

(( lol I didn't even think to account for someone actually trying to speak with her. Don't write posts while falling asleep at your keyboard, kids. Embarassed ))

Once Maura was satisfied the worst of the emergency was over, she'd find Sylira in the kitchen and offer her a soft but exhausted smile. (Knowing Kalthanar, he probably followed her in there.) "Sorry for ignoring you earlier," she begins, her accent that of a native from the Waterdeep area, "Channeling that much power takes a lot of my focus, but I did apprec--" Her words are interrupted as she puts a hand over her mouth and an enormous yawn overtakes her, "--appreciate the offer of assistance."
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
KingOfAquilonia

avatar

Posts : 1048
Join date : 2012-03-17
Age : 30
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:52 pm

*Kal would follow her , the tiefling seeming at a loss for what to do as his thing was fighting not healing and tending to sick and wounded. He could only try to be there for his woman trying not to seem too intimidating but... likely failing as a scowl seemed stuck to his face from what he saw. Cursing himself for having not been there when the situation arised*
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

avatar

Posts : 194
Join date : 2014-12-01

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:46 pm

Lira quickly grabbed Victoria when she entered and bestowed a grateful smile. "You are a life-saver!  Everyone is frantic with the healing...but the freshly healed have needs too. A warm meal, a warm smile...help me cook up these noodles and then deliver bowls to anyone sitting up or talking."  The priestess brushed a sweaty strand of hair behind her ear. "And let me know if there is anyone who seems to need help?"I

With that settled she got Rassovel settled in one of the side rooms with some of the elven casualties and a stack of bandages and piles of herbs. She gave the Druid a quick hug and whispered devout thanks to her. "We need all the help we can get!  Just let me know if you need anything else, aye?"

With that it was back to the kitchen to craft her noodle sauce, then a tour of the hospital making sure the most severely wounded were seen by the strange priestess or Rav, then checking to see if more wounded were coming, then another round...she finally collapsed on a stool in the kitchen and was guiltily consuming her own bowl of noodles and sauce when Maura and Kalanthar entered. She hurriedly arose and almost committed a sauce disaster attempting to bow to the supposed noble. As Maura spoke she rubbed at a spot on her dress where something, tomato sauce or blood or both, had left some spectacular stains. 

As Maura spoke Lira blushed and then laughed. "My stars!  I was convinced you were the Grand Duchess of Faraway or some such!  Well, I am glad you came - very glad!  Please have some food, or some wine, or you can nap in the office..."  She fluttered her hands. "Or merely take our gratitude!  Sister Laura and I have been working hard to make this a going concern although this is not the test I'd have chosen for it". 

She made sure to get the names of the priestess and her following fellow and gave them any welcome or thanks they would accept.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

avatar

Posts : 901
Join date : 2012-11-28

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:29 am

Arriving at the east gate just after the battle, Elektra was granted access by guards stationed there, for the intent to use the alchemy table in the crafting area. She was instsntly shocked when her eyes beheld the scene of horror within the center of town. Dead bodies, undead fallen, fires and wounded folk appeared as a nightmare.
Instantly, her reaction was to shift into Celestial form, summon her Celestial wolf , and step into the scene , ready to throw her self against the next wave of undead... But... That wave did not come.
It was then that she saw folks trying to get wounded and fallen bodies to the temple for healing and hoped resurrection. Her large Celestial form offered power and strength to lift many bodies at a time, and she asked others to help pile them onto her arms. She carried three trips  to the temple, each time laying the bodies of fallen folk on the benches where Ravossl and others worked to save them. As she lay each body down, she looked upon their face, pain shooting through her heart and a tear welling up. These were mothers, fathers, sons and daughters , whose precious lives were brutally cut short. Reminded of her own loss of loved ones, she cried as her labor continued.
   Once the clearing of bodies was done, she came to the bonfire of undead, where she returned to normal human form. Ignoring the hateful comments that came once she was recognized, she went to the alchemy table, and crafted a number of things.
Ranya came to her side, helping her skill. Together, they then walked to the community seating around the fire, where she left vials of epic holy water for any who might pick them up.
Seeing this , Inerion rattled off the usual hate tone, including comment that the epic holy water was of low quality simply because she had brought it.
Ranya fumed and chastised Inerion for such words, and left before it escalated,
Elektra tried to calm the incensed Inerion by explaining that Ranya loves her, and hearing folks treat Elektra that way, when the reason for it no longer even exists, angers him.
Inerion answered that he meant no offense.
"Of course you did... Certainly , you did", she responded. "Whether you are either cruel or insensitive... It does not matter which."
With that, she left the stricken town, seeking to calm Ranya, encouraging forgiveness.
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2014-06-26
Age : 29
Location : TX/US CST

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:23 pm

Maura chuckles weakly at Sylira's moment of panic. "No noble birth here," she states with a crooked grin, "Born and raised on a ranch in Daggerford. ...I'm Maura, windwalker of Shaundakul, and this..." she thumbs to the horned man with the glowing ember eyes next to her, "Is the ever-handsome Kalthanar."

Maura would accept the welcome and thanks in words only, saying in closing, "I do need some proper rest. I'll be staying at the inn and will return tomorrow to see about some of the dismembered. Hopefully, I can get them back what they lost." (( Specifically, using the spell "Regenerate". ))

With introductions out of the way, Maura would take her leave after Kalthanar said his piece as well (if any).


Last edited by SaphyrBlaze on Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
KingOfAquilonia

avatar

Posts : 1048
Join date : 2012-03-17
Age : 30
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:35 pm

*The scowling Tiefling would manage to put a smile on his face as he looked at Lira , inclining his head in greeting*

" It's good to see so many dedicated to helping these people. I'm afraid my talents are in... other fields of expertise so I'm not much use other than protection. Tiger and I *gesturing to Maura* are part of an adventuring troupe named the Winds of Fortune. We are always happy to help. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Aftermath   

Back to top Go down
 
The Aftermath
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Aftermath [Little Ginger]
» 110310 Explanation regarding YongSeo break up speculation
» HTTYD The Aftermath RPG
» The Aftermath
» Injuries in the aftermath? (OPEN)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Shadowdale-
Jump to: