Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
comodohead

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:52 am

"The "Blood Countess" has a hideout in the vicinity of Shadowdale.. I would advice taking this vampire hideout first unless we want more bat invasions and have the children abducted in the next night before any defense or help measure has been taken yet."

Azzelas would throw in from behind, puffing on his cigar.
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:59 am

Bryanna motions Sara to keep still, wondering how she managed to sneak into the meeting yet not mentioning it.

"Keeper if the Defenders can assist us in construction, that would be greatly appreciated. We need extra manpower to dig down for the foundation of the walls, let alone building the sections and placing the fill. Which if we could get Tenactus to aid us with their cementing technology the work will go much faster than if our masons have to cut and lay each block."

She takes a deep breath before looking to Jay.

"Jay, if you have any of your construction tools.. the cranes, lifts and such left from building the temple it would save us the time and materials to make new ones."

She looks to Ravossel and Elektra.

"The same for you, any left over tools or materials you have from your own constructions would be helpful in our building efforts. Our stouts are grand workers, skilled and tireless... but we only have so many so the fewer we have to redirect to gathering materials the better."
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:15 am

The druids and rangers can help with the wood necessary, and we have some that can perform this task too. The wall should be prioritary than any other builds as tunnels or bunkers, as the last will not enclose our defensive positions in short terms, that are necessary. Aditionally I would like to view the area we plan to defend, as the lesser it is the faster we can finish our task. In future walls can be expanded, this is how I think. *The elf talks politely in his usual manner*
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:31 am

Elektra responds to Bryanna.

"Yes, we have gathered stone, mortar, rebar, leveling devices, cap stones, and several cranes and are about to begin construction on our walls. I will redirect them to assist in the building of Shadowdale's west defenses. Every thing that we have is yours, the materials and work force as well.
We have cisterns we can use to gather water from the river there and port it to the building site for the mortar and cements.... perhaps we might bless these as holy before mixing it in?"

... She pauses , then speaks again.
"After we discuss the physical defenses, I need share something I came across in my studies of strategy , the wise Red Knight shares with us.
  But , because it might be considered controversial  or perhaps no more than theoretical, I would delay any such discussions until other more solid concerns are handled."

She sits.
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:00 pm

"Do not worry Keeper, the wall is the first priority but a dwarf doing a job does a job right. We don't plan to stop until we've layered every defense we can in the west."

Bryanna turns to Elektra.

"That is excellent! Thank you." Bryanna smiles then sighs. "Unfortunately blessing the water in such a manner only keeps it sanctified for a day. You'll recall the priests at temples re-blessing holy-water basins each morning, aye? I do have another use for those cisterns after we're done using them for building materials though if you don't mind letting us keep them? We plan to build a surprise for the undead."
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:12 pm

"Sounds like a Holy Hose Down is coming! ", Elektra replies with a natural grin , as she envisions the undead being drenched.
" They are now property of Shadowdale." She replies gently.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:54 pm

(( Being unsure of my time today to respond and post, i am leaving this here, to be inserted when and where ever it fits in to the discussion, please dont let it hijack the thought process. This is one of the important points Elektra would seek to share with this council ))

Elektra stands and speaks in a clear and direct delivery.
" We have seen, in the attacks upon Shadowdale, a mix of beings from undead, abyssal, infernals . .. each in all their myriad of types and variations. This is of profound concern, as it appears that our enemy is expanding . . some sort of 'confluence of evil '.
Undead and infernal, abyssals to a lessor degree . . . all function as a force, off the same things. . . what I call the POC . or. .Power of Control.
Alone, the undead are not much more a concern that a good torch found in any farm might deal with. However, as a force, they require an overlord that directs them. . through this. .POC. This means that the POC of an overlord has to be greater than those it controls. . . . .This. . is. .. a weakness.
In theory, control could be interrupted . . . or. . even hijacked by a greater POC from another source. .. a different more powerful Overlord. . .. ".
She takes a deep breath, momentarily closing her eyes. As her chest relaxes, she continues.
" . . . If we had . . ..our own source of this Power of Control. . . we could stop the undead as soon as they came close enough.
With a strong enough POC. . we could command them back against their own.
. .. Please, I AM NOT advocating that we engage nor employ in evil. I do not specify how this can be done on our side, that is up to you , if it even seems possible at all.
. . .But in my studies , I find no other such weakness that we might exploit , stopping them in their tracks."
She almost sits, but stands again.
" Heed the words of the Red Knight. .. an army , will break and run when the losses reach a point of despair. . .UNLESS they are . .. undead."

With that said, she sits.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:58 pm

Aureco quietly remains standing by Nadin, his eyes closed. It is hard to read whatever is happening in his mind throughout the entire evening so far, for that his facial traits are unreadable.
Back to top Go down
kaincallavis

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:27 pm

**Kain would stand in his typical gruff manner after Azzelas speaks his piece, the very action of standing would push his chair back a little as his legs extend to their full length. The chair might even resound a screeching sound against the smoothed over floors.

Kain clears his throat and digs through his satchel bag for a moment. -=SLAM=- While he digs the faceplate of his helmet slams closed on his face, being damaged and unhinged on one side due to heavy blows in the battle the eve before left their toll.

With little effort to govern his tongue Kain looses a few swears and pulls the plated helmet off his head and tosses it to the ground in his frustration dashing it into two main pieces, his faceplate and the rest of his headgear - a few metal bits also ricochet upon impact with the floor.

He goes back to digging in his satchel bag, eventually producing an arrow with a parchment wrapped round it several times over. He unfurls the parchment and begins to read from it - his eyes dropping line by line as he reads:**

" Dear Cattle of Shadowdale,"

**Kain glances up to the room of people as he interjects with his own commentary**

"Her words, naught mine..."

**His eyes fall back down onto the parchment and resumes reading the note back from the beginning:**

"Dear Cattle of Shadowdale,

You were offered one thin', one virgin in exchange for one night of peace."

**Kain glances up and adds flatly:**

"This note came after the first eve of siege, after we rescued as many of the farmers' babes as we could."

**Looking back down at the parchment Kain clears his throat before continuing where he left off previously:**

"You 'ave suffered heavy losses. I can simply make more Thralls. You have until Midnight to offer up a virgin or suffer another night of horror."

**Kain lowers the parchment to his side and continues, glancing between Azzelas, Bryanna, Commander Asha, and the other attendees of the meeting as he continues to speak:**

"It's signed by the The Blood Countess."

**Kain pauses and glances around the room for potential reactions**

"Obviously, we already suffered through that night of horror. Suffered some losses and some good men but we staved the invasion attempt. My reasons f'er sayin' all this is because if Azzelas is right then we ought ta' go find and destroy that hideout first to weaken their forces. Take out a chunk of their army while they are naught expectin' it. A counter attack if yeh will -- preferably durin' daylight..."

**Kain would add one final comment for thought:**

"...Besides, as long as they're left in hidin' whose ta' say they won't begin another wave of siege the way they did last time... They obviously intend to keep at it."

**Kain stands and looks around, he would plop down back into his seat after picking up the pieces of his shattered helmet once another person begins to speak. Once again, the chair whines under the weight of his heavy armor. Kain very possibly leaves a few scuffs in the wooden reinforced chair as he shuffles around in his damaged armor**
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:54 pm

"I couldn't agree more." Bryanna says after taking a moment to gather herself after the reminder about the recent loss.
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:06 pm

I do support this as well, to attack this hideout.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Lost in the mass of people, Leo feels nervous as they set their eyes upon him. He makes primal movement in humanoid form, using both his legs and hands to move thought the crowd that serves as guidance. He enters the Old Skull inn, not happy to be here in a building that smells on dead wood in the stone, and finally locates the gathering. Leo runs inside the room, hops on the table so that he can spot the faces gathered here. Seeing a familiar face, Cleo, Leo would continue primal movement on the table towards his direction, trying to avoid crushing any glass or plate that could be on his way, and then flip behind Cleo, using Cleo's shoulder as support to land next to him on the floor. Leo would then rise on his feet, taking strong stance, crossing his arms that appear more hairy than usual, and his feline blue eyes would shimmer from the shadow cast by his Lyon hat, that places half of his face in dark. As he opens his mouth to speak, a deep voice follows his own with a very short echo: "Greetings. I am Leo, I was told that my presence here is required." Leo is obviously late on the meeting, as it appears probably last arrived.
Back to top Go down
Roveston

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:44 pm

"Elektra the thing is undead are controlled by one or more liches and I don't think among us there is any capable of being more powerful than them thus I don't think we would be able to get control over their army. Perhaps an elven mage, as they have much more time than us, but even that is not sure.

Asha, while the druids have suggested this idea about tree-teleportations, may I suggest to try set up the portal too? If it works, we would evacuate people much faster and we could also use it ourselves, or as a backup plans in case anything goes wrong. As the mythal may prevent teleportations, we might have to let people appear right outside Myth Drannor gate, a few steps afar from safety. We can have a few people checking on them upon arrival."
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:59 pm

"The elves will want some way of closing the portal so that the undead cannot follow us through. Am I correct Keeper?"
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Asha would look to Leo as he arrived cocking her head before looking down at her list oh people and upon finding his name she nods and motions to the seat."Welcome come and sit."

She says before looking around the Table.

"I do agree that this Blood Countess and her brood need to be put down for good, can any one here tell the table more about these vampires, I for one think that it would be best to delegate scouting for their lair in the daylight. I can have my Milita hire local heros and have them scout the area and its caves, while the Milita does the same, once the lair of these blood suckers is found, purge by arcane fire?"
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:10 pm

"We should use the Defenders in this too. They have the numbers to patrol in groups large enough to defend themselves and an uncanny knack for hurling stakes at hundreds of feet with their bendy-string-stick-tossers." Bryanna's tone grows a bit dry at the end.
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:47 pm

*Ravossel sighs a bit as the topics change, and bounce about.*

*Suddenly Ravossel raises her hand once more, and looks more or less in the direction of Ash.*

*A moment passes be for speaking.*

All types of walking dead have the smell of unearthly death about them. No matter how weak, or how power full they may be. *soft sigh.* ones who are of the land, should easily pick up on that smell, and track them.

As to possible places were there held up at. *Ravossel shrugs a bit.* I would pick the old Talona~ite caves and tunnels that are below us, that lead into one of there hope fully abandoned, and clasped temples. If not there the old Crypts on top of Skull mouten, and for the last place the twisted tower ruin pit.

For the means of combating vampires, there is holy water, better the grade more effective it'll be. Powered silver in the face messes them up a bit, but not as bad as Light magic would. Scrolls of mass heal would simply burn there body's away, but we would have to fallow there mist forum back to there coffins, so that fire elementals can but Hold them shut while burring them.

Any thoughts?

*Ravossel looks about about at the ones gathered.*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:43 pm

Leo nods to Asha but remains standing, not really used to chairs. "Mmmmm ... the scent may be easy to catch if they walk on the surface, but these undead know to approach their target through many doors, and one of them is the river. Once, they have done so to my homeland. When we realized what came upon us, it was already too late." Leo glances at Archdruidess to see if she remembers that event, before he continues: "Vampires would take a different approach, maybe thought the air, and every person, militia or not, should have a mirror or an object with a holy symbol. If there is not enough of those, then garlic will have to do and a wooden stick. But those who wield the power of the Sun itself shall be our strongest weapon in the darkness that is coming." Leo looks at Cleo as he says that. "One of my sisters said that she will be working on very strong holy water vials to donate to the city. I can personally provide healing and join the battle, but I am afraid that we cannot support you fully. This threat is knocking on our doors as well, according to what Shrouded in Shadows Lich have told me, and the past events, one of the Liches is thirsty for the blood of the white unicorn in our forest, that we barely saved the last time thanks to the heroes who aided us that night. Leo looks between Jay and Lhanir while telling the the common story that three of them went thought together in the past. "I do not know the dark arts, nor the plans of the Liches, but from what I saw, if they still pursuit for the unicorn, they will grow in power even more if they lay down their bones upon him."
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:49 pm

" Members of the Misty Falls guild , including Ravossel here, were part of a hunting party that burned coffins of part of the Coven. Rav would be good to take on this mission. One of our bards, who hides in light and shadow, moved undisturbed by the vampires, so she reports.
  I personally, was in the party with a certain paladin,  not here today, and we tried to deal with the Coven directly, only to learn all too late that we had been tricked into a trap... and information channels reveal that the Drow were tricked as well into doing the killing for the Coven. Word is that they are angry at being manipulated , almost as bad as we are shamed by it,
    Then, another day, I was nearly abducted in the crossroads by human servants of the Blood Queen... I still don't know why.
   Their demeanor is cocky and superior, and seem to toy with our weaknesses for pleasure.
I believe their arrogance may be their weakness, for they tease before striking and even left us alive for the humiliation.
   Something I would ask any of you who know... Might a war party in celestial form be repellant to vampires? Perhaps we could lure them in ... Transform... And destroy...".

She shifts her weight to the other foot and looks over with a calm face.

" The Power of Control is a cascade, yes, with the head lich at the top. It controls others that it can, and they control lessers that they can. and so on , so on down to the ones at your wall, clamoring to get in and kill you. All we need , at first , are our own powers that can repel those at the front.
 . . . its. .  after that. ..when things get tricky. . .. ,really. .tricky. . "
Back to top Go down
AsuraKing

Location : Look closely at your shadow, you might just see me there!... If not listen for the clanking!

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:24 am

Cruven finally chimes into the conversation.

"Oi, anyone attempt ta speak ta the Bandits a' all? If'n I were a bandit I'd find an undead horde killin' my targets ta be bad fer business... They migh' be cut throats an all bu' they aint total idiots, the dead threaten um too. I'd be willin ta see if'n I can... convince um... ta give us a hand battlin' the dead, keep um away from all other plans an such of course, jus' figh'n."
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:08 am

At this point all are strugling to survive if lacking a strong defense. The Akh'Velahr has eyes acting in the surrounding areas and the undead aren't usually assuming vulnerable positions or troubling in siege at this point, they simply decide to attack and come in hordes trusting in sheer numbers as we are all aware, or use subterfuge to strike where we are vulnerable, as happened with this Coven attacks.

The other hand of the undeads problem is to attack them with not enough knowledge, or to believe wrongly that they are easy to be dispatched only because we had success with one or other battalion; these are skirmishes and battles but not the war - the undead have no problem in lose some numbers. Freehaven fell as the well defended nomad fortress too. Lady Asha is correct in think about escape routes and I suggest all leaders here to have this in mind too if this befall over them.

Still I support the attack to this base and others of the kind too and I applaud the iniciative of several of you who had success in dispatch scores of the enemy, as until we have the opportunity to achieve a real victory, all damage inflicted to the enemy counts.

So returning to the point I wanted to discuss, I dont see benefit in ally with know evil or criminal groups as their perception of the situation may be blurred by the opportunity provided by war and panick, we suffer a great risk of embrace a tyrant or the person who will strike our back.
Back to top Go down
Perfection

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:55 am

Sara Panthera continues to be extremely lost and bored. With a glazed stare she keeps herself to Bryanna. Incase Bryanna was wondering how Sara managed to sneak in, she acompanied Cruven on the way inside, very subtle.

Nevertheless she ends up fetching things from her equipment pack like a healing potion, toying with it. Accidentially popping the cork and allowing it's pleasant substance to spray all over her lap and immidiate vacinity.

A suprised, emberassed expression follows, she closes the cap and hides her hands after placing the the spilled potion bottle in her pack.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:59 pm

"Nadine Moonbolt is correct.", Elektra offers," Those groups willing to steal from us and harm us in normal times , will certainly take advantage of us in troubled times.
  One of my deep concerns is any group out there who may ally with this confluence of evil , in order to undo the power structures that stand now... Like Us here , Myth Drannor and so forth. I am concerned with Krag ... They kept that Orb in their lands... An orb that gave the Zhents the Power of Control over undead. Their previous leader, Jack , advocated alliance with the undead.
   Do we have eyes in the Zhent camp , looking for their part in all this?
Would it not be ideal for our enemies to harbor under protection of Krag?
  As strategies go , the Zhents would greatly benefit by undead hordes wiping us all away.
  Have their been ANY undead attacks on Krag?"
Back to top Go down
kaincallavis

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:02 pm

**Kain grunts as he stands to gather attention, if that were not enough - again he repells the heavy chair some as he extends his legs fully. The chair makes a screeching sound as it traverses the floor. He stands, holding part of his damaged helmet between his side and his left elbow joint**

"I think you lot are missin' the big picture!"

**He barks out at the room, glancing over Elektra and Nadine specifically as he speaks. Still he turns his attention to the rest of the attendees, subconsciously looking over Wester, Bryanna, Cruven, and Asha for approval as he continues:**

"This Coven is out f'er blood, death, and destruction. They dunnae want to nick our sodding gold from us!

Aye, the bandits may nick a few pockets or even some of the reserve from the general store if they are naught kept under close eye. Aye, they may flee the battle if'n the hoards start to overwhelm us.

But is naught the loss of coin to an opportunistic bandit 'er so worth the lives that they might save?

As he said *Kain motions to Cruven* they ordinarily want our belongin's and naught our lives. If we all perish they would have ta' move. Aft' nickin' enough people to build their fancy little fort right on the road I dunnae think they would want ta' 'ave ta' move on.

Demand their help. By the hells, even offer them a weeks wages 'er some shite like 'at. Who knows? Yeh jest might even be able to turn some of them straight as an arrow."

**Kain finishes his pseudo-speech with an aura of agitation and an overture of expected sarcasm as if to drive his point home**

"I would think some of you lot would believe in second chances an' all 'at shite."

**In a flustered huff Kain reaches around and drags his chair back under his ass as he falls to it as disgruntled and loudly as possible.

He mutters something about how frustrated he is in the ignorance of those "goody goody" types - who'd rather die and let others die than seek absolutely any aid they could get against a coven comprised of undead, daemons, and evil living folks who want to destroy.**

((Anyone with more than a 10 listen mod would have easily overheard Kain's final rant as he did not make any huge efforts to hush himself))
Back to top Go down
Sa'Kage

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:12 pm

The lightfooted Ranger wanders into the room. Glancing around at the odd assortment of leaders, hero's and ambassadors he would pin point the Archdruidess.. Silently -likely to the notice of not many- he makes his way around each person; Standing behind and to the right of Lhanir.. Simply toying with a feather in his hair, the Woodsman would stay quiet and listen to each point made, not having much to add or ask at this current moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next