Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:53 am

*Ravossel sighs softly.*

I, , , , ,*Ravossel bites her lower lip.* , , , , I , , think I can get into content with them. I know some one by the name of Jen'el. She and I talked a little after the shadow Druid attack on shadowdale some two years ago now.

*Looks between Asha, and Lhanir.*

I can try to talk to her once more though the trees.

--2nd post down-- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] --

As for the dead zones, well, , , we could trie to brake them with a over whelming amount of healing energies, like what we did with the dark orb.

Bryanna can you check once more walking dead spies.?

*At that Ravossel falls quite.*
Back to top Go down
kaincallavis

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:12 am

**Kain would listen in closely, minding his mostly empty stein of ale as Elektra regards him. Being as easily seduced with coin as Kain tends to be he would accept the coins offered to him with a smirk and a nod.

After Elektra counts the coins Kain would place them into a small coinpurse and coil it shut before shaking it infront of him. He would subconsciously smile as a tiny chorus of jingles resounds about the room and bounces off the walls.**

"Thank yeh, las. Mah helmet and I both appreciate it."

**Kain dips his head toward Elektra as she meanders to her own area and then he fixates his gaze on Ravo, Asha, and Llanir as they all speak of the druids.

Loosing interest in talk of shadow druids he goes back to playing with his newfound coinpurse with mirth, quite obviously bemused with the jingles he can make as, in his mind, they drown out the nonsense about shaded druids and the like.

He even loses interest in his stein of ale while toying with the coins...**
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:47 am

"Has anyone reached out to the COrmyrians or Sembians? If Myth Drannor goes down the two kingdoms south of here have nothing between them and a massive undead horde."
Back to top Go down
FFSDave

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:15 am

"The Commander already mentioned that we will get no help from our foreign neighbors in the south. 'They have problems of their own.' The situation is dire as we have to seek strengths within our own region." He lifts the steel goblet and sips the brew.

"Commander, Constructs are a possibility to bolstering our forces. Both the Black Hounds and Iron House sport mechanical constructs, however, I have no idea how many. Although if their numbers are meger then I don't believe we have the time to create and viable force of mechanical constructs. Perhaps arcane constructs of clay, stone or wood are a choice, but I couldn't say for sure."
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:33 am

"Priority targets . . ." , Elektra would speak out as soon as there was a pause in the room.
"Our battle plan must define what we spend our energies and focus on first, and then what would reasonable be secondary and so forth. .. and 'targets of opportunity' as they arise in the actions pursuing more primary goals.
. . . This is just basic to any campaign, including this one.
Normally , we would concern ourselves with enemy supply. .but. . with undead, there are none. Tactics like siege are useless, as undead are basically eternal, and all they really have to do to take over the Dales . . well . .. is just wait until we all die of natural causes.
Some say seek phylacteries. .. .because destroying a lich with out that, will only allow the lich to regenerate. . . OK. now. . .on that thought . . . strategy would suggest that we don't try to destroy a lich. . . if we cant find the phylactery. .. .sooooooo. . . I would suggest we try to immobilize, confine, maybe banish to another plane. . freeze in a block of ice and drop it in the Spine of the World. . . encase it in lava. . . something that will 'inactivate' the lich from doing what they are doing. . . and by NOT destroying its phylactery. . . keep it in some sort of eternal prison , or stasis.
IF we can come up with this kind of plan, we actually might win this.
There is so much talent and wisdom in this room, we need focus on winning, not just surviving. And yes I know there are tens of thousands of undead and as many as nine liches. . . proof that if we only focus on better defenses, we will one day just run out of standing room.
. .. primary targets. . . targets of opportunity. . . and what we can do to take down enemy leadership. . . ."
She would pause for reactions.
Back to top Go down
Roveston

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:52 am

After returning to his chair, Lucent would sit and listen quietly tapping the pointy fingers against each other for a while.

"Me and others already fought this lich coven during the past year. While I agree that it might be easier to simply imprison an undead wizard rather than attempting to find this phylactery, which can be hidden anywhere beyond our reach, including other planes of existance, I would suggest to give us a couple more days before spending more energies about this plan. This coven has one enemy, another undead creature which got forcefully turned into one by them, he might feel enough resentment to actually be of any use. We are going to figure it out in a matter of days. Until then, I would suggest to put finishing touches in order for the town to be prepared for any assault. A siege led by undead might be eternal, but their resistances against spells and holy water are not."
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:54 pm

"Unfortunately the mage we had working with us abandoned their work and disappeared without a word, so we haven't been able to pursue our buildup of golems as we had wished. Otherwise by now we might have a cool dozen to present for the defense... but you do have the one Thane Valtore provided to Shadowdale that was set to guarding the jail."
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:17 pm

I do have a Daggerdale contact I could reach out to my family had some deals with once, The Bladeborn Family, they have very good connections to many mercenary companies. They might be able to help us here, or at least point me in the right direction of note worthy Merc Bands.

Last edited by ADM Lightforge on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:21 pm

Hummmm, , , , ,the last three merc groups that came though here were utterly useless, and were back stabbers.
There was that one group that went to free Haven.
Then another merc group came here into shadowdale, and then the gray scales fallowed them. They started battling each other just out side of shadowdale's walls. The Gray scales ended up killing off the other merc group, then sided with the walking dead, and is was not a while it'll they were founded out.

Persionly, I think giving the means to The BlackHounds to expand there numbers may be the best option when it comes to mercs.

*soft sights.*

*Ravossel shakes her head a bit.* Two Talona plages, two attacks by the tar black Ooze, two troll infections, the yuan-ti taint that's about there ruins! the magic anti life dead zones, the walking dead and there taint, Shadowdale's wall building.
*sighs a bit.*
I, , ,think once all this is over the nature will need all our help to fully recover. *Ravossel Looks over at Asha, and Lhanir when she stated that.*
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:47 pm

Asha looks to the others. "I do agree with Golems, however building them would be time ineffective, question would be, what activate golems are in the area, who owns them and will they lend or sell said golems"
Back to top Go down
Lady Crankenstein

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:07 pm

Back to top Go down
http://ladycrankenstein.wix.com/lady-crankenstein
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:13 pm

(( resent on my account. .. Sunday family gathers and was not thinking ))

" Golems . . . are perfect for front line war with undead, as they cannot be turned." Elektra would interject.
" Might these be so important to all the Dales. .that you. . Commander Asha . .. might. . . .Take. .. what is needed? "

Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:59 pm

Asha would look at Elektra and slowly perk an eyebrow. "I will assume you are not recommending that Shadowdale start stealing golems, that is not how things work here." she would say in a somewhat final tone of voice, her eyes lingering on Elektra for a long time as if deciding something before she looks to the others. "What do the rest of you think, a lot of you have been rather silent."
Back to top Go down
Dawizahr

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:44 am

Imesah speaks up, "I agree with your assessment on this matter. If such creations could be brought to our cause through legitimate means that would be good. As for building more, I could not say. Are there more of these things in the area? If not it would be best to discuss something that is within our collective reach."
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:23 am

*Ravossel sighs a bit.*

The black hounds have two Golems, but they may have more, clan iron house as a few, and I know lord Blue has some but he moved back home to silvery moon.

Ahri knows how to build such, but it takes about six months to build one basic Iron golem.

*Ravossel then looks over at Lhanir and bites her lower lip a bit be for speeking.*

I , , , Resently learned of a lost art were ones of the land can craft such from what the land, and the wilds offer. From what I under stand they are not like golems, but instead a shell if you will, that a spirit of the land can take hold of. *sighs softly and shakes her head.* and no I do not know more of this.

I heard about this From Lord blue him self, and what I shared is what he shared with me.

*Ravossel looks about ones at the table.*
Back to top Go down
FFSDave

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:56 am

"What we have at our disposal is the gift from Iron House, whatever the Black Hounds are willing to hire to us and my bucket of bolts Titan. Calkin isn't here but we should send the Arcane Academy an envoy requesting the use of their Imaskari golems. "

"Whatever construct's that we can wrangle together for front line battle will only buy us time. Combat wise our constructs are no match for what this blight can throw at us."
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:08 pm

Elektra sees Asha's reaction and just assumes that of all that Elektra could offer as help, the only words that would be remembered would be what ever could be seen as objectionable. This would be based on years of such behavior from others. So, again with intent to help in the face of rejection, she responds.
   " The term is Commandeer ... used by military when ever critical things are both available and required. Stealing , as you say, is the unlawful taking of something, with no intent to return an item.
commandeering differs in two ways. First, it is not to possess a thing, but to make use of it ... for the benefit of all under protection of the military... Secondly , commandeering has no intent to keep said property once the military need for it has passed.
   Look upon me however you choose to, but do not risk the lives and safety of those you protect , when you have both power and authority to do what is needed,"
   Elektra stands resolute.

Last edited by White Rose on Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:10 pm

"We're all full of what can only buy more time or slow the inevitable. Does anyone have any ideas for victory?"
Back to top Go down
kaincallavis

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:12 pm

**Kain, who was actually managing to still himself enough not to be a distraction for once, upon being beckoned by Asha would pipe up:

"Legitimate... Illegitimate... Does it sodding matter what the books say if we're torn asunder by these damnable deaders?"

**Kain shakes his head in an ignoble sort of fashion, perhaps an overture of agitation lingering heavily about his demeanor**

"You lot and y'er goody goody motives are exactleh why the Coven an' what naught decide ta' prey on Shadowdale. Y'er too soddin' busy 'avin' a pissin' match about how good can yeh be while defendin' the town and how y'er naught willin' ta' do whate'er is necessary ta' save the children, the people, and the wilds, that ya claim mean so much to yeh..."

**Kain grunts, allowing his comment to sink in for a moment before clearing his throat and continuing**

"It's no wonder the town is under constant threat. I think we ought ta' do what needs be done - legitimate, or illegitimate, and sort the rest out aft' the threat is staved off... It does'na make us the 'bad' ones ta' simply do whate'er is necessary ta' protect ourselves."

**Kain pauses for a moment before adding in his final sentiment as 'food for thought'**

"The hist'ry tomes ne'er tell yeh all the gritty deh'tails about what the "right" side had ta' do in order ta' survive most of the time... It's naught always as simple as the "right" or the "good" side overcame the "wrong" or the "bad" guys..."

**Kain finally hushes, folds his arms in a somewhat condescending overture and glances about the room for reactions**
Back to top Go down
Serebane

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:25 pm

Having listened for quite a while, the Arch Druidess' attention flickered periodically between each speaker, assessing their words and reactions during the mild debate. As Kain begins another rant, she focuses upon him patiently for a time, her words escaping in a mildly stern manner.

"You are correct, friend, that in desperate times, greater measures must be taken to ensure one's survival. The strongest live, and the weak despair. But you mistake "goodliness" for weakness. If the people of the Dales were of a lesser sort, they would have fallen ages ago. But still, it stands. Broken, but upright. At what point do you become blind to morality and discipline? Do they mean nothing to you if you are so willing to cast them aside?

"We will be cleaning up the most significant of messes after the climax of this battle. It is best that everything is laid out upon the table and considered before accepting unknown consequences. To turn immediately towards the illegitimate as a final decision is a foolish course of action. This meeting was called to deliver every option, and to weigh every option. It is far from over... so let it come to a conclusion before you jump upon your own."
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:10 pm

Elektra rubs her temples, and loosens the bindings in her hair.
Unseen to others, she emotes a frustrated smirk at how all of her words are invisible , yet others will say much the same things and be heard loud and clear.
Again, determined to help those who would be just as happy to burn her alive, she tries again :
" Defense and offense ... Are the two plans we must make.
You can not defeat a fire breathing dragon by choosing to wear fire proof armor alone.
I stand with those who are best suited for offense. All who are best suited for defense need to gather, assess resources , plan and execute.
Those best suited for offense need three things.
One... We need scouts well suited to locate the targets we will attack.
Two... We need organized roles to make our war party effective and survivable.
Three... We need chain of command and leader.

For number one: search every cave, pit, abandoned structure , ruin , any and every place that the Coven keep their coffins. We need to capture enemy if possible for information, to be obtained by ANY effective means.
For number two - I have a battle formation called the Talon, that has been used many times, yet success always depends on the discipline of the individual.
For number three - pick whom ever is effective , not just your favorite friend around a card table or bedroom.

Priority targets are : coffins , leaders , points of transit like bridges and tunnels, the higher the leader the better until we corner a Lich.
Destroy the power of control ! ... Avoid lengthy engagement with their lower weaker masses. We cat win by picking the easy battles when they outnumber us so much. The few battles we can fight have to damage their whole system.
Targets of opportunity are any of the above we stumble upon on the way to... Or back from a mission.
THAT... Is HOW... we win.
Now please , will someone else repeat all I have said so you can be heard and get credit for it !"
She tumbles a chess piece in her hand nervously as she awaits the onslaught of being ignored.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:24 pm

Asha would look once more to Elektra and then to the others before saying very bluntly this time. "commandeering is taking what does not belong to you, no mater the reason, it is still stealing, despite any new flowery name for it. The day I decide to start commandeering is the day, I want this town to force me to step down. I will not have Shadowdale a pale shadow of how the Zhents ran the place, we are better than that and such things can be gained by talking, offering favors or rent..."

Asha would say before looking away.

"I have said this to my Milita, and ill say this to you all, while Iv vowed to protect shadowdale and her people, I place the people in higher importance, so long as I can keep the people safe, then if the town is taken, fine, we can recapture it later.

on this subject.

assuming the tranceportation of the commoners to the lathander farms has already been a sucsess, if it comes to a point where all living defenders must retreat, what is the best place to flee too and the safest route?
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:46 pm

"I"d offer Ironhouse's hospitality for the men. It will give them a chance to get their gear looked at after all the fighting as well."
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:00 pm

With calm and poise , Elektra would respond gently, clutching the chess piece in her hand.
"My deepest apology, Commander. Thoughts of the Red Knight concerning war have no moral aspect. Winning over an enemy ... ( tilts her head ) ... is the goal and the only goal.
I see that my words have offended the sensibility and good character of many here today. I offer my true apology. "
With that , she takes her seat and shuts up.
Back to top Go down
comodohead

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Azzelas would step forward from the wall he leaned on and walk for the table to snap a scroll on it.

"This scroll here is capable to make perfect copy of myself with my complete incentory just as all my abilities. If you have one wizard capable to copy this scroll you have an army of spellresistent, superior outsiders equipped with silverswords to defend Shadowdale. Theres only one hook, only I could command them. Willing to take my offer?"

Azzelas would then look into the round impatient after the discussions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next