Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:42 am

I'll not,
Forcing humans, elfs, halflings, and so on to be forced slave Warriors, is no better then being a bane-ite, a Zent or Thayn slaver. What's next ? Children slave Solders ?

*puff.*

What's the point in living though this war, if we loos what we are in the prosses, and comet thees type of sins and be come some thing we all have been fighting against when the Zents, and the bane-ites held this town.

*glares at Colt now.*
Back to top Go down
kaincallavis

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:34 am

**Kain stands and attempts to offer somewhat of an objective opinion**

"Lady Ravossel, yeh hired me ta' protect yeh and y'er warrens. As yeh pay my wages yeh would expect me to side with yeh. Howe'er Colt has a point...

Y'er worried about losing who we are 'er some such...

Nay, y'er worried about what our children will say about us if we employ these tactics, aye?

Well if we die and all are destroyed, and the children all die because we failed them, what will have been the point?"

**He sits for a moment gazing at her to allow for his point to sink in before continuing**

"We are offerin' ta' let the bandits join us of their own accord. If'n they do they might expect fair treatment and possibly even wages or a pardon."

**His tone grows a bit more somber as he finishes his statement**

"Their crimes are considered crimes. There is no question 'bout that. Their punishment; howe'er, is subjective, o'course... Some say death by hanging. Some say stockades.

I say, that if they refuse, we could force 'em ta' fight with us like Colt says, and then we consider it justification f'er their crimes... Or time served, if'n yeh will allow the thought...

They are people, but they are also criminals worthy of some kind'a punishment. Why naught let it be one that is f'er the greater good of most e'eryone?"

**Kain shrugs and seats himself once more, still shifting a glance between Ravossel and Colt to determine their reactions to his suggestion**
Back to top Go down
Perfection

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:11 am

Sara manages to piece off bits of a bit of paper. Putting them into her mouth to form small 'snowballs' which she eventually ends up flicking off with her finger. She misses as much as she hits.

Bryanna being her first target.
Most others follow.
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:46 am

Akin the Children and are going to be protected by a Mythrale in a matter of days. I do't have a problem if thees bandits wish to join the Black Hound group, or the Milita for a chance to start anew.

But I'll not be part of a group that force it's own people, and other living beings, To fight against there will as Slave Solders. Just like what the Zents do.

And yes that means I will with draw all of my offers of aid from the Milita, and from shadowdale, once the children, and there mothers are away from here.

*As Ravossel speaks tears fill her eyes, and few even roll down her cheeks. Still she tries her best to to look at every one as talks.*
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:46 am

"Please .... ", Elektra speaks out to the whole room.
" the folks of the Dales prove , once again , our inability to work together , splintering over our personal codes, Squabbeling over our differences is exactly what that dracolich said would be our downfall. ... Ya, I heard the damned thing say it...
   Again let me say this another way ... Since we cannot all agree , then lets at least agree that each persons and groups follow their own moral codes , using their own best talents, ideas, and ability... and DO what you believe is wise to defeat the enemy... this confluence of evils.
    IF , and I mean IF  we survive at the end of the day , THEN we can hold each other accountable in what ever courts , tribunals, vigilante mobs ... You feel your personal Moral code demands.
A tailor can not demand that a blacksmith use needles and thread to shoe a horse any more than the blacksmith demand the tailor sew with a hammer.
    But until we win that day, not just by making better defenses , but by rooting the enemy out , our hours of desperation are soon upon us.
   Let every idea presented here today give rise to an action ... And let each person tend to their own mission ... Be responsible for success of their own mission ... by staying focused on their own mission... Not anyone else's .
    Asha Iornoath has called us together to coordinate all our missions ,... not to bend us all into uniformity.  "
Back to top Go down
FFSDave

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:07 pm

"To add to Elektra's words, we all need each other equally here. If anyone in this room pulls there efforts away, we will all fail. So don't throw caution into the wind with saying you'll not have any part of this because what you are really saying to everyone is that you want us all to die.

And Rav I've witnessed you butcher those bandits without so much as a pause, but when it's suggested we force them to fight for the greater good you become soft hearted towards them. "
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:10 pm

Desperation, fear of death, this is no excuse to do evil. If they come voluntarily fine, if they are sentenced to fight, fine again, but to ignore the ethos of our Gods, with this Myth Drannor will not agree. Those who say anything is valid in desperation forget that we are here as mortals but to ignore our faith is to doom ours souls to eternity in the lands of the false. If you are faithless or serve an evil God or one that does not care about what you do with the life of others, than we don't have to pay for your choices, and you should reconsider your allegiances if you intentionally wants to do evil. I have faith Shadowdale will not agree with forced enslavement or evil tactics. *Nadin looks to Asha like waiting support from her*.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:28 pm

Asha slowly stands. Looking around the room she first looks to Lhanir

"Of course not Arch Druid, I have sent out meany letters of requesting aid, but most if not all, have their own problems to deal with and send their apologies instead of troops, which while vexing I can understand."

She the looks at Nadin and Rav.

"Everyone here has good points, but here is my view on it. As long as I have any say and still draw breath in Shadowdale, there will never be Slavery here, The God whom I serve, whom I have sworn oaths of protection of Shadowdale to in his Name teaches Duty and Law. These outlaws who we speak of, they own this land to which they have lived off at the expensive of others, owe this Town, this land and its people a dept for their injustice. For those who are willing to answer our call and join us, they are a step closer to redemption for their crimes. The others though, have broken the law of this land and became outlaws, and those who affront and violate the law have to answer to it...

Those who do not step forth willing when offered the chance, should be seized and forcefully brought here for sentencing, in that sentencing the offer of Conscription will be made to each and everyone of them.

This is not only fair, it is Just and Lawful.
Back to top Go down
Dawizahr

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:03 pm

Imesah nods and simply says, "Your words are wise. Let it be so then."
Back to top Go down
kaincallavis

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:20 pm

**Kain mutters a bit under his breath but lifts his hand and nods curtly showing his agreement as the sentencing is fair**

((For those with a 15 or higher listen mod would have heard that his muttering was him complaining about adding more work to an already taxed military force. Essentially he was whining about having to potentially fight and capture unlawful bandits in times when the undead could be upon us at any hour, waking or sleeping))
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:38 pm

*Ravossel looks at colt with a sour note.*

Don't you dare put words, and thought, upon my own tongue, and mind that are not my own.
And no I do not wish to see you all dead.
yes defending the roads, and others from raiders, is a lot different then making Slave warriors known as Conscripts from the Raiders, and any one els.
You're taking away freedom of choice. The ones that attacked me and Donnleen could have fled at any time.

*Ravossel then looks at Asha with sadden eyes.*

The Raiders, and bandits who are willing to answer this call and join the fight, we should welcome them yes.

But once you start forcing others to fight as slave warriors. *Ravossel shakes her head.* is no better then what Bane is all about, along with many of the other Unholy Dark Gods are all about. That is some thing I'll not support in any shape, or way.

*with a heavy sigh.*

If slave warriors are going to be used regaurdless of there pass, I'll with draw my support, and aid from this town, and from it's Milita.

*the looks of sadness can be seen upon Ravossel's face.*
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:12 pm

"Ravossel... having walked the path you are now... I'd say just wait and see if this even happens. Everyone knows you're against, it. I'm against it too. I just think that if the brigands do fight for us.. they'll fight with us willingly or die resisting. In either case we've neutralized an extra threat around us."

Bryanna looks directly at the elf.

"So.. for now.. wait and see how Cruven does talking to them... and lets focus on fighting the undead. None of us supported the slavery in Freehaven, but we were still willing to fight the undead there. So help with the Coven and if you need to leave after that.. so be it, but not helping at all against abominations like undead would be even worse than helping despite the immorality. At worst its the same choice you and I faced in the north.. and we can't say that Shadowdale is less worth defending than Freehaven, aye?"
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:57 pm

After sitting on the edge of her seat for long minutes, waiting for a resolution to the issue of forced warriors, Lira sat back on her chair, relaxing for the first time on long hours.
Back to top Go down
ADM Flumph

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:58 pm

An Akh'Velahr soldier enters the room asking for Nadin quietly. After whispering something to Nadin, he disappears again as quickly as he came.
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:02 pm

Nadin listens carefully the soldier and nods to arkerym Starspell, leaving the Inn without say any word. The elf would not return to the meeting. Anyone outside would see him gathering a few soldiers and fastly leaving town using spells to increase their movement.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:27 am

Asha would blink and look, somewhat insulted and annoyed on two things, but as normal she would bottle it up for now, not knowing Nadins intention of leaving town she would sigh as she watched him abandon the meeting, standing up to announce. "Meeting is draw to a recess till Nadin has returned from the important matter that summoned him away, I'll summon for each of your when we restart."
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:38 am

"Guess that means we'll be home in time for dinner after we told Jeeves not to cook darling." Bryanna gives Asha a wry look.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:45 am

Aureco simply rises and takes his leave as the current meeting was adjourned. His gaze remains closed as he walks away.
Back to top Go down
Dawizahr

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:02 am

Imesah bows and offers Asha a look of apology before leaving.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:21 am

"I've seen the bandits summoning undead and using the dark arts. I will not fight by their side, nor will I follow the lead of those who ally with them. I will do what I can to help people but not under the command of evil, I have not done it during the blight when everything pointed that siding with Furies was the only way yet we found another, and I do not plan to change my mind now, there is always the solution through a better way, and easier darker path that that you would like to take. I believe in redemption and that some people from the bandits can find their path back to light, but not at the risk of hundreds of innocent women and children. If they really wanted to help they would do something by now, instead they just wait for this town to fall, so they can loot what is left of it. The fact that we need to ask them, and that none of them answered the call even with the banns lifted already speaks in their name without any word leaving their lips. They did not come to give you any word, and you still believe you will have their blade. You can summon me for the next meeting only if you change your mind, else I will not answer it." ArchLyon leaves the meeting unless interrupted.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:07 am

Lira bustled out of the meeting room, trying to keep as low a profile as possible.   She nodded respectfully to Asha and Elektra and Bryanna before leaving hurriedly in the direction of the hospital.
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:17 am

*Looked like Ravossel was going to say more, but held it when the two left the meeting room, and when Asha called for a brake in the meeting. So with a heavy sigh, Ravossel slowly noms on another sweet Roll.*
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:38 am

Elektra offers Asha a kind , yet saddened smile as the people begin to walk out.
Her eyes would slightly glaze , as if remembering similar scenes from days past.
She would then offer a few thoughts before being one of the last few to go.

"Red Knight : The difference between a great army without decisive leadership ... And a grave yard ... Is time."
Watching a few more leave, she adds this.
"Red Knight : Rats fighting on a burning ship will have no winner.
... I can predict that if a meeting of this many powers , all on the same side of good and evil , can't achieve any more than this ... Then a day may well be ahead, that we all stand in total agreement with each other.. Under command of a Lich."

She then takes a different stance.
"Already my pledge to use our resources for our walls to instead build your defenses , has been met with great disfavor from members of the guild. They want our own walls.
I see that having one strong hold finished is better than two unfinished. My one request is this ... That if our home is attacked ... By any forces , that you will open your gates to us as a place of refuge, and not leave us in the grips of enemies."
Shaking her head , she whispers her last phrase.
"After what I just witnessed , nothing much would surprise me."
She takes her time leaving with the last of them.

Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:42 am

One day later Nadin would return to Shadowdale apparently with less soldiers, they are covered in dirty, mud, and remnants of undead pieces that give them a peculiar stench, but none is so in need of a wash as the Keeper. They go straight to the elven encampment.
Back to top Go down
kaincallavis

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:00 am

**Kain would stand, repelling his seat out from under himself causing a noisy screech as the heavy wooden posts of the chair drag against the inn floors. Kain would attempt to hook ArchLyon by his elbow as he passed by to add in a flustered whisper:**

"...Hundreds of women and children are already at risk. Turnin' any help down at this stage may change risk ta' death, or e'en undeath in the hands of a Lich."

**Kain would let go in a reasonably brash manner, not intending to cause harm, but forceful enough to attempt to drive his point home as well as express his frustration for such close-mindedness.

He'd turn to leave, his footsteps plodding more noisily than most as he is still dawning a fully plated attire.

Toward the main entrance/exit Kain accidentally brushes his shoulder into the door frame, which causes him to drop his helmet once again with a loud clash that likely draws attention. Standing in the door awkwardly while holding everyone else up, preventing them from leaving for a moment, Kain grumbles and openly looses another string of swears, paying little mind to govern his tongue.

Finishing his obscenities he literally kicks his damaged headgear out the door and follows it to pick the sodding thing up, slamming it loudly on the bar asking for a drink to ease his mind and wet his tongue before departing to relax and perhaps get a little rest before the next meet.

Kain audibly grumbles about being sure to either have his brother touch up his armor or find someone else who is available and can, preferably before the next meeting**
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next