Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Dawizahr

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:28 pm

Imesah speaks up, "I feel I must agree to an extent. Offering these bandits a chance at redemption may be the push they need to set them upon the righteous path. It is the will of Lathander that such lowly folk as them should be brought out of the darkness and into the light."

"These are bandits, not Banites or Cyricists. If anything is true of them we can trust them to look out for their own interests. As has been said by some, it would not be in their interests to turn against us. To flee? Maybe, but they are not all cowards. Some can fight, others can help with baggage trains and the like. At the very least we would be saving ourselves the possibility of fighting against their bodies at a later date."

"I would be in support of a plan to seek such allies, if we could provide some form of supervision over them. Most of these bandits are simply thieves, not murderers. Their punishment can be delayed until such time as the undead threat is dealt with. Their help in this matter would speak in their defense."
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:57 pm

"If we're putting Sandra in yellow and letting her fight for the town, no reason to draw the line short of Bandits."
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:59 pm

Elektra rolls her eyes at what she perceives as yet one more example of blatant hypocrisy .
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:37 pm

The point here is, bandits aren't mercenaries that will fight for gold, mercenaries we should hire no doubt, as at this point to survive is more important than save any miserable coins, I do agree with you in this *looks to Kain*, but the point about bandits is they will want your gold for no risk, what should be easier to dispatch, an army of undeads or a group of people overlooking you to see if youre fighting these undeads while you do this? Why to waste gold that can be used hiring mercenaries for people that most likely will not want hire their blades at all?
And considering that you still want bandits joining your ranks, so don't show to them you need'em more than they need you, wait to see if they come, otherwise you have increased chances to be their next victim.
I have morals and ideals and my Gods that I follow, but at this moment I'm using merely logic to observe what is prudent and what is not.

Last edited by Vall Moon on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kaincallavis

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:38 pm

**Kain would lift his hand and nod at both Imesah, and Bryanna's statements.

He would also comment aloud in response at about the time Imesah was mentioning the potential of fighting the Bandit's cursed remains as reanimated bodies: "Tha's right."

Some might find this to be an interruption or distraction.

Likewise, at the end of Imesah's statement he would add in, just for good measure: "Dependin' on their worth in the times ahead some of them could even be pardoned 'stead of just delayin' punishment... It might be tha' push some of 'em need ta' go straight as an arrow."
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:41 pm

*Ravossel looks about at the ones speaking with a soft sight.*

If we tend to have thees bandits battle along side of us, I believe that Cruven would the best chance of pulling this off.

Now back to hunting this Blood Countess.

Leo, Donnleen, my self, and Lhanir can quite latterly go about sniffing around town, until we find such a hold up of vampires. Having a few that can detect the dead walkers along our side would be most help full as well for when or if such a trail is found.
Back to top Go down
kaincallavis

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:42 pm

**Kain would glance back over to Nadin and add in retort:**

"Y'er logic is worthless if y'er dead."

**He shrugs apathetically concluding his statement**
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:53 pm

*Nadin returns teh comment to Kain* You will be dead faster if choosing bad strategies or the wrong allies. I don't assume we are talking about simple burglars or pickpocketers that are locked and of course could be pardoned at this moment, I do talk about assassins, brigands, people that still want to see you dead in roads despiste the war around us... and now you want offer diplomacy? Once they have what they want they will simply flee to better lands not infested with the undead, so unless they want to save themselves and come offering to ally with us than I do see this as a waste of time and resources. *He looks to Ravossel too*
Nonetheless this is a decision to lady Asha, I will no more add to this, I spoke my point, if others have more to add, I have no more.
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:09 pm

*sighs once more.*
We all need to pick a topic and stay on that topic, or this meeting would have been worth nothing.

*Ravossel looks to the ones that are gathered about.*
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:18 pm

I suppose the discussion was about attack the know base of this critter and not about hunting her in the surrounding areas. I can detect the undead but the problem with this spell is the range it can reach, a large room like this is easy but an open camp the normal arcane spell will not work efficiently, there is another better in divine? *looks to Cleo*
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:38 pm

The Bandits as far as I understand, were forced into Bandity orginally due to how the Zhents ran this place. I have been doing an test of sorts, selecting certain people who were on the Ban list and giving them the oppitunity to prove themselves loyal to Shadowdale, Honorable and willing to change.

Perhaps it would be an idea to send a diplomat out to the bandits and offer those of them that will listen, and forced into that seedy profession the same offer. those that take it and honor the deal, deserve the second chance they will be granted for fighting for Shadowdale, those that refuse because they enjoy the life of being a bandit, well, will remain an outlaw.
Back to top Go down
Dawizahr

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:17 pm

Imesah nods appreciatively at what Asha says, but for her part remains silent for the moment.
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:27 pm

"I'll go talk to them Sargent, but if I manage to bring them around to our side I expect to be given official title of "Pirate Queen" here in Shadowdale... with no authority attached to it." Bryanna's tone lets on that despite her volunteerism, she doubts this idea will work.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:30 pm

No Bryanna, you have things to do around here, as well as your Ironhouse Clan business, send some people from the Militia under you, or hire some bards to do it for us, I need you in town.
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:32 pm

"I think you should send them, they're starting to act like I"m in charge again."
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:09 pm

Asha just rolls her eyes but decides here is not the time or place. Looking around the table she waits for comments.
Back to top Go down
AsuraKing

Location : Look closely at your shadow, you might just see me there!... If not listen for the clanking!

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:25 pm

"Hells it was my idea, I'll go bloo'y try an talk ta um with a few o' my men. I know how ta talk ta bandits... Bandits aint usually the types ta deal with polite talkers an anyone tha' goes ou' that way best be able ta defend themselves."
Back to top Go down
kaincallavis

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:18 pm

**Kain glances over to Cruven and states very flatly**

"I'll go too, if'n yeh need the extra hands. Quite familiar with 'em, an' their tricksy ways..."

**Kain nods curtly having concluded his statement and glances back to the next attendees who continue to speak**
Back to top Go down
FFSDave

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:25 pm

"If you can't persuade them, thump some skulls and drag them in to our cells.  They will either fight for us willingly or we will add them to the penal squad Canary project and force them to fight for their lifes.  Arrow fodder is needed.  On that note they can also be used to destroy the gate way portal if it comes to it."

"On locating Navia it's possible we could bait her with her own demands.  Say we give her the eighteen year old virgin, would it not be easier to track that girl?  Perhaps srcy her in some way then make a daring rescue for the girl as well as an assassination attempt?"
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:31 pm

"Yes , well said. Your idea - your duty. " , Elektra breaks in as if irritated.
" if this were my council .. Like all the times I tried to unite the Dales against undead ... I would say : Each talents to the proper task.
Portlal and tree folk - get those children to safety. I don't know how many of you have lost a child , but I know no greater pain , let us save all citizens from such endless horror.
Hunters who can track and sense undead - form up
Your ranks , define your talents and chain of authority and go find.
Those who Diplomat ... Dip it.
I volunteer myself with any and all who plan to do the destruction once we have the target. There was a time , that if I were killed and forced into power of control by undead, the Dales would have suffered greatly.. But now, I am a mere woman with some weave knowledge and strategy ... I am expendable ... I am willing ... I am ready.
Asha Ironiath , have we not defined at least three or four expeditions here to execute?
I have been on more than one expedition against this Coven , and destroyed many at the gates of castle Dondarian.
Will you call the missions for us?"
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:17 pm

"You do understand that the Coven and the Horde are two separate threats, aye?"
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:26 pm

Colt!
*Ravossel frowns at him.*

Forcing some one to fight against there will is what the Zent, bane-ites, and Slavers do! And we are not them!

*still frowns,.*
Back to top Go down
Serebane

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:32 pm

Lhanir once more spoke up, leaning forward slightly across the table as she addressed everyone, her attention settling on the female at the "head" of the table. "Have you all also forgotten the possibility of asking neighboring cities and allies for their assistance? If they understand the gravity of this threat, they would send what forces they have that are available. We mentioned this prior to the organization of this meeting, Asha. Send out missives, and people may answer that do not need to be forcefully or strongly convinced. This is a concerning matter for all of the Dales."
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:29 am

Cleo had slipped out when talk turned from evacuation plans to defensive planning, which the young priest knew nothing about. He had whispered something in Lucent's ear and muttered some apologies about mission planning in Myth Drannor, then he'd slipped hurriedly away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wayneself.com
FFSDave

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:53 am

"Save the speeches Rav we don't have the luxury anymore, we are vastly outnumbered and out of time.  We need to hold out and to do that we must bolster what defenses we have with whatever numbers we can get from nearby sources. Missives sent to the capitals in the south will take a rider two or three weeks to travel the some five hundred miles to get there. If forces are sent from the south they won't be here till mid spring. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Dale War Council Meeting RP Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next