Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A Small Band Seeking an Audience

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MasterSilke

PostSubject: A Small Band Seeking an Audience   Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:22 pm

Early in the day, a small group of individuals approach the outer walls of Shadowdale. Those privy to the identities of "adventurers" within the region would likely recognize them to be members of the Druid Circle along with a local (and arguably lazy) bard.

"Hello, mate. If you'd be so kind, these fine fellows and I would like to have a word with the recently appointed Commander Asha. Important business regarding local troubles and all that."

The bard offers a smile to the guards and habitually fiddles with his hat before opening his nearly overflowing pack for the required and inevitable search.

"I do hope she is able and willing to speak at the present?"
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: A Small Band Seeking an Audience   Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:55 pm

The Guard says. "She is busy at the moment talking to the Commander from Myth Drannor, but depending on what you need perhaps I can point you in the right direction, so, what do you need?"
Back to top Go down
MasterSilke

PostSubject: Re: A Small Band Seeking an Audience   Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:07 pm

"We need to speak with her in regards to political matters as they pertain to the Undead threat looming over us as well as a potential course of action. Though if she's currently speaking with one of Myth Drannor's commanders, it seems we will have to wait. Though as I said previously, it is of great import, and time is not on our side."

Emrys then looks over to the Circle members in his company, most notably the Archdruidess, to assess if they are willing to wait or wish to present additional input.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: A Small Band Seeking an Audience   Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:23 pm

In the mean while you might want to seek out Quaghtermaster Colt, or some ladie names bryanna and talk to them, they can pass on what you need to speak to Asha about.
Back to top Go down
Serebane

PostSubject: Re: A Small Band Seeking an Audience   Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:33 pm

Beside the bard, a redheaded figure stands patiently garbed in the drapings of a very unfashionable sort... leathers and leaves tied and woven. To some, she may be recognized as the Arch Druidess, current Keeper of the Grove in the western reaches of the Cormanthor. Any sort of searching of her person would be begrudgingly accepted while Emrys spoke to the guards.

It is possible that there were one or two others alongside her and Emrys, themselves dressed in similarly green and brown colors, as if to look like walking trees.

After a time, she chimed in. "Bryanna and Wester are not the ones making political decisions around here, as of late. We can wait, for this is not a time to pass notes between people in the hopes that someone will notice. We among many people in the Dales have stood around long enough waiting for the right opportunity. Perhaps, even, we may achieve two goals in one day if both the commanders and this "Asha" are together in the same room."

Last edited by Serebane on Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: A Small Band Seeking an Audience   Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:41 pm

I see.... very well Ill send a messanger to them. "the guard sends someone off to deliver the message*
Back to top Go down
Sa'Kage

PostSubject: Re: A Small Band Seeking an Audience   Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:16 am

Behind the Bard and Druidess, a Ranger stands; Simply known to most as 'Hawk'. Remaining silent, he would give the occasional nod of his head at both Lhanir and Emrys words.

He would be sure to remove his hood and mask while waiting to meet with the others; A sign of having something to say himself.
Back to top Go down
Serebane

PostSubject: Re: A Small Band Seeking an Audience   Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:36 am

(Bump)
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: A Small Band Seeking an Audience   Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:48 am

The guard returns a short moment later.

"The Commander will see you all this way."

If followed the Guard would lead them to the skull inn where asha would be found in one of the back rooms which she had converted into a make shift office, piles of paper work on a table and her sat behind it all, looking up Asha would offer a nod before motion to near by seats. "Lets make this quick, how can I help?"
Back to top Go down
MasterSilke

PostSubject: Re: A Small Band Seeking an Audience   Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:10 am

Emrys enters the makeshift office, offering a polite smile and dip of his head to the Commander. Taking a seat, he habitually fiddles with his hat and then looks briefly to the two accompanying him before addressing the Commander.

"Greetings, Commander Asha. I thank you for taking the time to meet with us, and I understand that you've got quite a bit on your plate so I'll try to make this as brief as straightforward as possible. As you're obviously aware, the Undead forces residing within Daggerdale pose a truly serious threat to Shadowdale, its citizens, and those in the region; myself and my colleagues here included, hence why we're here. While I understand officials of this region have invoked some manners of defense and security in response to this threat, I fear that it has been much too little especially over the length of time that has elapsed. This Undead army, it is not merely a Shadowdale issue nor merely a Dales issue. It is a Planar issue. The force is much too vast and powerful for a farming community militia and a few elven and dwarven reserves to dismantle. If the force marches upon Shadowdale, the town will be lost, and all of its citizens will supply it, their corpses feeding the army and making it even more vast. And as it grows, it can spread further and grow more quickly, its power increasing exponentially until it does indeed threaten all of Toril.

"One needs an army, an actual army, to hold off another, especially when the army in question is composed of the Undead. As such, I beseech you to do what your predecessors should have done months ago. You and the leaders of the other Dales must collaborate together and, as a collective, send out formal missives requesting aid from the neighboring nations on behalf of all the Dales. Cormyr and Sembia must see the threat that is looming near their boarders and what will befall them if this ominous force is not stopped. If a large enough force is gathered, we could march upon the Undead, take the fight to them, and stamp them out before they truly do become a force too powerful to withhold. A defensive battle of attrition will ultimately fail against immortal foes; it must be taken to them. And to do so we need need an army, we need allies, the aid of nations.

"Myth Drannor and Ironhouse ought to request aid to their allied elven and dwarven clans respectively as well, but I speak to you now and implore that you do what is within your power. Contact the other leaders of the Dales, send out the missives to Cormyr and Sembia. Unless you are one to throw blind hope in miracles, which I have a strong inkling you're not, it is our only chance of saving Shadowdale and its people."

The bard leans forward in his seat, looking to the Commander in great earnest as he awaits a reply.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: A Small Band Seeking an Audience   Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:23 am

That's my plan, I would like to invite the leader of your group to the war council Ill be holding soon.
Back to top Go down
MasterSilke

PostSubject: Re: A Small Band Seeking an Audience   Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:05 am

Emrys leans back in his seat, his lips curling into a small smile.

"Well, that's certainly good to hear. I'm personally just a lone sod who merely represents himself and occasionally likes to hear the sound of his own voice. But I wager the Archdruidess will take you up on that offer."

The bard's gaze then shifts over towards Hawkley and Lhanir.
Back to top Go down
Serebane

PostSubject: Re: A Small Band Seeking an Audience   Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:58 pm

After listening to Emrys speak, Lhanir could only nod in agreement; he had summarized everything of relevance at that moment in time. Not having taken a seat, the woman stepped closer to the table, resting a gloved hand atop its surface.

"There have been multiple war councils held in the past year over this matter. What is important is that reliable people are assigned duties to fulfill... as that was our greatest previous error. Nothing was fully completed, and individuals and leaders of various parties eventually turned back to their own concerns despite the urgency of this matter."

She glanced down towards Emrys briefly, then back up to Asha, continuing with weighted words. "I do intend to be part of this meeting you plan to host, as there are many beside me who deserve to be heard. I hope that you are as efficient and effective, if not more-so, than the Elders."
Back to top Go down
Sa'Kage

PostSubject: Re: A Small Band Seeking an Audience   Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:15 am

The Ranger remains silent in the background, his head nodding in agreement to both others words.
Not wishing to be part of the conversation yet, he simply mutters softly something about the need for
scouts to watch movement and warn outlying villages; Hard for most to hear.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: A Small Band Seeking an Audience   Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:51 pm

Asha nods to those gathered. "Till then, then."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Small Band Seeking an Audience   

Back to top Go down

A Small Band Seeking an Audience
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1