HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

All quiet on the Western Front

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Lira's face fell at Mineva's words. "I'm a priestess not an engineer" she might have been heard to mutter. Still, when all else failed, delegate. She directed the militia member who she intended to send for cloaks to instead go forth in search of wood, iron rods, and pitch. Her already tousled hair was approaching the disaster level, but her face brightened when  Tomic the crafty introduced himself. She sidled over to the conversation between the gnome and Mineva, intending to see if Asha's helper could be drafted to direct the building of this fancy pit with the gate and all.

But the gnome then voiced Lira's private fear on the availability of holy water, and she decided to wait and see of they would be building the pit after all...
Back to top Go down
Z374

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:30 am

Looks at the gnome with a twitch of aggravation in the aforementioned perked brow.

If the water has t'be blessed daily then how in the hells can y'explain having barrels stockpiled. How can y'explain run'a-'the-mill alchemists being able t'make it and it doesn't have t'be re-blessed daily? We're talking about water that is being separated from a larger body.

Mineva rubs the side of her head, frustrated by the bad news, though hopeful the gnome was wrong though she still starts thinking of other options.
Back to top Go down
http://sleepingwrath.deviantart.com/gallery/
jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:26 am

*Valtore looks down at his four bottles of Holy water he has carried around with him for a number of weeks if not longer and just kind of shrugs.*
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:19 am

Tom perks an eyebrow and twists his mustash before answering.

"Because my Good fellow! Blessed water created by a casting of a spell only lasts twenty fours hours, and thr amount of water effected often depends on the amount of faith of the cleric, however holy waters which is created from the long and skilled practice of potion making and alchemy, normaly done by a cleric alchemist...  can be stockpiled as it does last longer than 24 hours!"
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:38 pm

Valtore just shrugs. "If we make tha pool and have it prepared then we just bless it as tha undead approach. I doubt tha fight will last longer then 24 hours anyway. Tis our best weapon as of now. Use tha river as a defence, we be buildin trebuches ta launch flamin oil, casts of holy water...annoyin gnomes. As well as other defensive structures. Of course we could all do tha smart thin...leave Shadowdale qjd gather ta defend a better position then some worthless dirt farm town. But that would expect intelligence from folk who rather die over some corn. *Valtore turns and walks away to look at the other defensive plans.*
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:13 am

Bryanna comes quickly back to the area looking for Valtore.

"I think I have a solution! So we build the wall back away from the river... to close the perimeter in tighter.. and then we add on top of the wall.. a large number of small water-towers.. right? And we build tubes running from those towers into the wall to spickets set into the wall facing outward... and when the undead reach the wall.. we just open the valves.. and spray them with holy-water as they reach us. But since the water towers would each be smaller amounts than one be reserve... they can be blessed, sustained, and filled more easily! What do you think?!"

Bryanna's wide smile demonstrates just how excited she is about her new idea.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:08 pm

Sylira listened thoughtfully during the talks (it was certainly easier than digging in the cold hard turf at the moment) then nodded thoughtfully at Bryanna.  "When I created holy water in the past it was in a temple, using a blessed font of the True One, and we did it one flask of water at a time. I'm not sure how the large scale field usage goes but it certainly seems worth a try. We can set up barrels at points along the wall and use those easily enough I wager. 

"And bringing the wall in closet seems wise. Is the plan to link up with walls in other quarters circling the city?"  She stretched and rubbed at sore muscles.  "That's a lot of wall to build. We are going to need a whole lot of able bodied workers for this. The militia can help but we've got to guard while construction is ongoing and I don't believe we want to be all tired out from digging and building if an attack comes. This will take a while and we are going to need a lot of building material. Still..."  She paused and looked over the approach to the river "it seems a worth while project!" 

She asked for some help to mark off where they would be constructing the new closer wall, listening meanwhile to see if there would be new orders as well.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:07 am

The Thane Valtore has not been seen around Shadowdale for almost a week now. Those looking for him would know he hasn't been in the Halls either for almost twice as long. Storm was put in charge of the Western Front and Silphie was acting as his representative in the Halls. As 1st Mithral Knight Bryanna was still doing as expected. Yet none likely know where exactly the Thane disappeared to.
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:56 pm

Bryanna had stopped by to see Storm while the council meeting was in recess.

"Storm, we have approval. Begin work as soon as you can laying out guidelines and such. The House of Redemption is going to be sending us their construction materials and the elven Defenders will be rotating this way to help with the manual labor. Do what you need to in order to make the most of the extra assistance."
Back to top Go down
Kidoren

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:03 am

*Upon hearing what Bryanna says to him, a large smile forms on Storms face as he rubs his hands together.*

"Is that so Bryanna? Wonderful news ta hear from ye."*He walks with her over to the table with the building plans, picks a larger piece of parchment up, and looks over it.*

"Alright then I'll get to work laying the base of the walls and finish the rest of the wall planning. We can start at this point and then lay the foundation for the bunker. Oi Bryanna have ye seen Thane? I have a "special" project to talk ta him about."

*He looks out at the field to the west of Shadowdale, then back to her.*
"Gonna be a lot of work to do, aye?"

*He then looks over to where some dwarven guards were building some catapaults and cups his hands around his mouth to yell at them.* Oi lads! I'm gonna need ye to get over here, we've got a bunker to build mates!"
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:48 pm

"Storm... I'd like you to put our men into three shifts to oversee the Defenders and other folks coming to help with the labor. This way we can work around the clock. And make sure the wall goes up before the bunker goes down."
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:56 pm

"Storm, I'm going to go see about getting the Defenders sent over this way to start clearing out the area for the wall. We're going to want a good ten foot foundation right? And how wide do you plan to make this wall? I'm thinking if we do a ten foot foundation, with twenty feet in height and make it ten feet wide it should stand up to just about anything the undead are likely to hurl at us. Aye?"
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:19 pm

Lira waited until Bryanna has finished discussing the building requirements with the master builder. Then she speaks with her.

"This sounds like a pretty big project - I know that there will be some help coming, but I thought it might not be a bad idea to gather some additional hands for building and fetching and digging and such."  She paused a moment to look the site over. "Specifically I want to hire as many of the beggars around Shadowdale as well as anyone else unemployed to come and provide unskilled labor for us."

She drew herself up and pointed over to near the spot where the ground fell off into a morass of broken rocks. "We can have them build a little camp there and I'm looking into food and clothing donations from the House of Plenty.  But this will give some of these folks purpose, as well as help us build."  The priestess then smiled up at the tall paladin. "See anything wrong with such a plan?"

Last edited by StrawberryBlonde on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:21 pm

"Sounds fine, but make sure you keep an eye on the beggars. Not all of them are what they seem to be and no few would be apt to create a few weaknesses in the wall given the chance."
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:31 pm

The priestess nodded thoughtfully. "I see. All right - I'll keep eyes on them. And maybe enlist a little help."
Back to top Go down
Kidoren

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:44 am

*Storm nods to Bryanna as she converses with him.*"Aye, that sounds good fer a foundation. Short of multiple huge abominations spawned by undead, these walls should hold the line. I'll also agree to tha extra help, but I want them watched. We have to get this wall built so lets get to it. I think ye would be better at setting the shifts for working Bryanna, if ye want ta take that job on."

*He would wave at Bryanna to walk with him privately for a few minutes and whispers in her ear as they walk.*

"I want ye to check any workers that aren't our dwarves or the elves. I trust Shadowdale to search them but I want assurance that anyone we hire doesn't have plans of sabotage or something pertaining to the undead. Hiring on others and beggars can always come with a risk."
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:46 am

"Just put the beggars to work digging out the foundation, but keep the soil on hand for helping to fill back in the casings when we get them erected. I'll go get the elves."
Back to top Go down
Kidoren

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:59 pm

*Tagnar meets up with Bryanna in Shadowdale one day to arrange the pickup of 360 vials of holy water from Loora. He brought the holy water to the Ironhouse vault to deposit it.*

////Would like a DM to collect them to confirm if that is whats needed IG.
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:12 pm

Bryanna storms into the western region of Shadowdale, livid.

"Storm! Grognar! All you lot! Pack up! Gather all our tools, all our rare materials and get ready to move out! We're going home! The Elders of Shadowdale have decided to not sign the Compact and would rather rely on mercenaries than their friends! I want everyone ready to move out by dawn tomorrow!"

She throws her militia badge into the dirt, with a final disgusted scowl at it.
Back to top Go down
Z374

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:12 pm

Mineva tilts her head and strolls to pick up the badge.  Mercs, mm?  She scoops the badge up, smirking at it before tucking it into a pocket.  Amnian mercs, if I had t'guess?
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:14 pm

"Aye. Amnian logger mercs."
Back to top Go down
Z374

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:20 pm

She nods and helps pack for a short time, sighing in disappointment but eventually she seems to slink off sneakily from the ranks.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:34 pm

A young dwarven messenger arrives and says the following

"The Thane asks us to hold our location while he meets with Keeper Nadin. Pack up and prepare to move out but wait for him." He then stands there looking at Bryanna at a loss.
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:37 pm

"Go get your things and make ready. In the morning we should roll the tents and be waiting to go. I want everyone in marching order... I want Shadowdale to see dwarven might walking way from them, not dwarven labor. Everyone is to have their armor polished, their packs done up neatly and their best weapons on their shoulders."
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:17 pm

Valtore arrives at the Western Camp.

"Kinsmen, I have just had words with Leo Lyon. Tha undead are now moving against tha Lyon forest ta kill the Unicorn that dwells with in their woods. They seek tha beast ta use it in a ritual ta bring down tha Mythral of Myth Drannor. While we have given our word ta aid Shadowdale this threat is more pressing. If tha situation changes we may return. But fur now we will go where we are needed most. So when ye are ready we will march out fur the Lyon Forest."

Valtore seems reluctant to talk about the current events going on in town and instead focuses everyone on how much they are needed in the Lyon's forest. How that threat is greater and how Myth Drannor and all of it's people rely on them to stop the undead in that Battle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All quiet on the Western Front   

Back to top Go down

All quiet on the Western Front
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next