Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaalos003

avatar

Posts : 654
Join date : 2012-11-07
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:03 am

Felled, she smirked, her head tilted to one side, the blue flames, devouring the Forest. Her eyes, they were cold, her wounds were deep, blood trickled from her wounds. She was at last Free. Mother, Father... Sister... the Savages of this warm climate shall know the meaning," The Ice burns brighter and harsher than any Fire" May the Dark Triune see this as a Blow to those that would hinder the Movement, the Injustice that they caused shall be returned Threefold, A Hundredfold, and Thousandfold. If by their Will, I will see you In the Frozen Tundra. She spits and coughs up her own blood. Snow and Ice, blow from her robes, as she waits for death to take her.
Back to top Go down
KingOfAquilonia

avatar

Posts : 1048
Join date : 2012-03-17
Age : 30
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:59 pm

Kalthanar immediately decapitated the woman as she hit the floor before placing the head in a pouch and picking up the body quenching the flames with the woman's wet robes (the ones that were on his arm). Kalthanar looked to Maura walking out of the flames dropping the body closer to them .

" I know many casters can create water... if we can do that enough here we might be able to contain the fire. As for your caravan Natalya... your customers will forgive you this once. I will buy you a new carriage as well. And this one... *he gestured to the headless body* She'll answer for the trouble she caused here today."

Despite just decapitating a woman and dragging the body over to them, Kalthanar had a cold icy calm to him, perhaps a defense mechanism from letting his rage over take him.
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2014-06-26
Age : 29
Location : TX/US CST

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:33 pm

As the icy flames engulf their surroundings, Maura begins uttering another prayer and moving her hands in a practiced manner. Her attention is focused on her casting and on Natyala.

(( Spell being attempted: "Energy Immunity: Cold". Target: Natyala. ))
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
Z374

avatar

Posts : 654
Join date : 2014-06-08
Age : 29
Location : SRQ, FLA, USA

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:58 pm

Having made her stab at the mage she immediately dug her kukri into the ground and used the free hand to undo the clasps holding her mithral chainshirt on.  A few quick yanks removed the metal layer but the soaking of the wool underlayer caused the flames the keep going strong.  She had never experienced a cold fire before but she hated it if only for that reason, being cold.  The sound of Kal's blade going through the mage's neck sent a wave of annoyance through her, believing the woman deserved to suffer more before her pain ended.

In a fit she managed to remove the wool padding and sling it aside, letting it burn up.  Kicking some dry soil over the mithral links she'd initially removed she tried to snuff out or dry up the substance on her armor.  In paranoia she checked her cloak and hair to make sure neither were damaged or ablaze.  Seeing she was fine she looked down at herself, standing shirtless with a cloak on.  She sighed then looked up at the fire.  While she felt pain the adrenaline rushing through her veins quelled the feeling enough so that she could still move.  However the radiant temperature of the fire made it worse.  She recovered what she could of her armor and looked around for what to do next.


Last edited by Z374 on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Continuity)
Back to top Go down
http://sleepingwrath.deviantart.com/gallery/
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1257
Join date : 2014-09-17
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:51 pm



the fire has burned Kal up the arm and will not heal easily. It has an infernal touch to it, a corrupting influence of it's homeland. His heritage helps him bare well enough, but that doesn't elevate it completely. His arm will be very sensitive for a time.

Mineva has her own problems, having to strip off her armor to keep herself from burning alive, she too has suffered a massive burn on her back where the oils had soaked in. It will heal, eventually, but for now it is painful to bend and move, like she had lay out in the sun for far too long.

The body of the mage erupts in the flames, the blaze is already spirally out of control. The sac Kal had with the head caught as well, and the tongues of the flames licked for his hand, not burning, but temptingly close.

Before there would be any escape back to Naytala, the two fighters had a problem. Mainly, the fire that surrounded them. It was growing stronger, threatening to consume them all.

Natyala was screaming at them. She had gone from tears, to wails, to curses. the adventurers who swore to protect her were now fighting and lighting the roads on fire. She was irrationally devastated. When maura moved to cast on her, Natyala moved to strike her. She didn't hit her, just a raise of a hand, a pause as she contained herself, and a slow slumping down into the dirt. Her caravan was gone, she was late, and everything was going up in flames.

Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

avatar

Posts : 654
Join date : 2012-11-07
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:32 am

It had been more than could been expected. Her body erupted in Hellish flames, the Fury of the felled Mage a cruel and yet graceful last resort had proven to be more than anything she would have ever hoped for, the Forest Burned, and they were responsible, they had cornered her, had they let her escape perhaps the forest would have been spared, but no, they did what she had thought they would, It would seem that this was fated to happen. Her body now fully consumed by the Hellrime Flames, a Mingling of Ice and Fire, of Heat of Frost-burn, from the Depths of Cania had fully consumed her headless corpse, her head that was within the pouch burned also. They Would not have this victory, they would not claim her as a prize of war.
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2014-06-26
Age : 29
Location : TX/US CST

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:50 pm

Protecting Natyala's life was top priority for Maura. She finishes her chanting and attempts to lay a hand on the the driver's head, covering her in the spell's shielding effect. (Range of spell is Touch.) Her charge safe at the moment, Maura then turns her attention to the other two. A pang of desperation overcomes her. Her love and her closest friend were in danger. She blinks a few times, trying to mentally block out the cries and the roar of the flames. She hoped beyond hope that this spell would work. She begins to pray loudly, her voice rising in volume to drown out the chaos around her.

Shouted in Celestial...:
 

Her eyes fly open and anyone that could see them would notice they've changed from their usual emerald green to a shimmering gold.

(( Attempting to cast Greater Dispel Magic. I have worked out the mechanics, all you have to do, Vox, is plug in the necessary numbers. Smile ))

Mechanical details:
 
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
KingOfAquilonia

avatar

Posts : 1048
Join date : 2012-03-17
Age : 30
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:30 pm

Kalthanar seemed hardly worried, he's survived bombardments from skymages practically unscathed, a forest fire however magical the fire was didn't concern him one bit. His only worries were getting his friends and lover to safety. He was miffed by the disappearance of the body but at least he killed her , her body having being burned he had few doubts she would be able to be revived by any allies.

"Do your thing Maura, then lets get out of here.*turns to look at Natalya* We're going caravan shopping."
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1257
Join date : 2014-09-17
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:31 pm

The wind was starting to pick up, and the clouds that had been looming were not towering over half of the sky. Dust was picking up with the wind and small rain drops started to hit the ground. At first it was a drizzle, a simply gentle warm pitter-pattering, but it quickly hastened. The breeze grew fierce, and the thunder rolled as the clouds chugged along the sky, dragging the forest under its angry arms. Then the downpour started. Those foreboding clouds, that black line on the horizon was no devil, or coven, or mass hoard, it was just mother nature.

But that didn’t make it any less powerful. Nature may not be collecting souls directly, but it could pack a punch and take a few lives out of pure indifference. It was a vicious storm, that wasn't settling for anything less than a marathon to its end. The rain fell in large bullets, hurled by the wind into the eyes and face. Flashes of lightning crashed angrily, and the thunder rumbled in their rib-cages. The fires were overtaken, smashed and snuffed out by the impending rain, leaving charcoal sticks of trees in its wake. The forest would have a scar on it for years to come, but won’t completely burn down.
The adventurers were stuck in the puddling mud, quite a distance from a roof or an inn. Natayla sat in the mud, the rain soaking her to the bone with the rest of the party. She tried to shield her face from the rain, bowing her head. She had probably heard what Kal said, and she mouthed something that was caught by the wind and thrown aside with the rest of the debris around him.

In the distance, in the darkness and curtain of the rain, two dim lights began to peek out from down the road.
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2014-06-26
Age : 29
Location : TX/US CST

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:18 pm

Maura didn't even wait to confirm the outcome of her prayer, though the thunderstorm did bring a brief smile to her lips. She pulled off her enchanted cloak and wrapped it over Natyala, then attempting to lift the woman to her feet. "We need to move!" she'd shout, seemingly unaware of the lights in the distance.
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
Maskedshini

avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-10-13
Age : 24
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:21 pm

The masked individual, who while charging, suddenly stopped once she saw the flasks thrown into the air, knowing all to well what might happen at this point, as she'd seen it before. and instead watched as those who got caught in the fire, were hurt by the vile magics.

She would instead circle around and come closer to Maura and Natalia, stopping short of a feet away from them, and watches as the weather gets worse.
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
KingOfAquilonia

avatar

Posts : 1048
Join date : 2012-03-17
Age : 30
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:38 pm

"Take care of Natalya, I'll watch our arses. It's just a storm but I don't want her getting sick or the bitch of misfortune to strike and one of us catches a lightning bolt" He yelled, before eyeing Lillany, giving a nod as he recognized her from around the Ironhouse halls.
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1257
Join date : 2014-09-17
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:09 pm



The lights grew brighter as they slipped out of the curtains of rain, a pair of wheels jumping and bouncing them back and forth. It was moving fast, pulled by eight thundering hooves. Either the driver wasn't aware of the vicious storm around them, or they didn't care to stay in it, rushing through puddles and splitting water on either side of the road.

The crowds of adventurers spilled out of the darkness for the driver, and the reigns snapped tight with a crack. The horses dug in as they slammed on the breaks and the entire body of the horses and wagon slid passed them. Water sprayed up from the wheels and covered those closest to the road in mud as they bulk of the wagon began to fishtail and swerve onto two wheels. The body of the wagon stopped, teetered a bit on the side, then fell back onto all fours with a wood-cracking thunk.

A body moved in the shadows of the rain, a shuffling, then an opening of a door. Cast in front of a warm glow of firelight, the figure stood. One arm struggling the hold the door at bay, the second cupping its hand around a mouth and calling out. Their words swept away by the wind.
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2014-06-26
Age : 29
Location : TX/US CST

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:48 pm

"Oh, thank Shaundakul," she thought to herself as the wagon came into view. Seeing what appeared to be an invitation from the obscured figure, Maura grabs the despondent Natyala by the shoulders and lifts her up without hesitation, moving her quickly to the open door of the wagon. The wind, wet, and chill was starting to penetrate even her natural resistance, but the cleric was determined to see her charge to safety and comfort.

(( Relevant stats: STR 17 for trying to pick Naty up. ))
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
Z374

avatar

Posts : 654
Join date : 2014-06-08
Age : 29
Location : SRQ, FLA, USA

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:04 am

Despite the severity of the storm she was relieved until the wagon came barreling out of it.  Her stomach turned and her paranoia flared as the wagon came to a stop.  Once more her hands were on her weapons but when her friend moved toward the wagon she reached out in an attempt to stop her.  The shake of her head and her expression would convey her distrust of the situation to the priestess.  She didn't voice anything though, ultimately leaving the decision of what to do up to the redhead.
Back to top Go down
http://sleepingwrath.deviantart.com/gallery/
SaphyrBlaze

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2014-06-26
Age : 29
Location : TX/US CST

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:14 am

Seeing Mineva's doubt, Maura looked from her to the wagon then to Natyala with a furrowed brow. This could be another trap of the enemy, but what choice did they have? They were in the middle of the woods. No shelter within reasonable distance and Natyala was soaked to the bone. She had to trust that The Helping Hand was looking out for them. She shook her head to clear away her doubts and continued to forcefully usher her charge to the wagon.
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
Z374

avatar

Posts : 654
Join date : 2014-06-08
Age : 29
Location : SRQ, FLA, USA

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:40 am

The voice(s) inside her head were screaming at herself and redhead.  She grit her teeth and her hands trembled as she choked down paranoia and turned towards the tiefling.  As she approached him she leaned in to speak with him, motioning to the driver seat of the wagon.  Something about it all seemed wrong so she tried to convey the words so only Kalthanar would hear.

I think y'should sit up front with the driver.  This seems a bit too convenient and I don't want t'take any chances with anything else going wrong.  Y'eyes can see better than mine in this light and if the driver tries anything shady I trust y'can shred him t'pieces.  Y'are the best after all.

Having expressed her fears to him she made for the wagon, wobbling a bit as she did.  Once inside she rubbed her left shoulder. The other hand firmly secured in it's grip on her knife.
Back to top Go down
http://sleepingwrath.deviantart.com/gallery/
KingOfAquilonia

avatar

Posts : 1048
Join date : 2012-03-17
Age : 30
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:42 pm

*even if Kalthanar couldn't hear Mineva he had plans to sit up by the driver, climbing up next to him, the tiefling's face a blank slate, trying to remain emotionless for now so he wouldn't have an outburst. Hands resting on the hilts of his weapons ready for anything. *
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1257
Join date : 2014-09-17
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:15 pm

The wagon, a closed box with wheels. A large wooden monstrosity with rolled up awnings tied to the walls, and a covered seat for the driver. There was a wooden panel that slid back to allow the driver to squeeze into the covered wagon, and a door on the side. The figure had slipped its way through the window, into the room of the wagon to open the main door. The figure stood in the doorway in front of the gentle candlelight inside. The wind trying to rip the door right off its frame and away from the figure.

He was a shorter man, his robes whipping around his trousers. As they moved in closer, they could see his face. He looked like his ancestors drew random races out of a hat. Sun elf ears and moon elf eyes. A human nose and jaw.

“Please! Take your time!” The man lurched as the wind picked up.  The horses stomped their hooves, and the wagon jostled back and forth. He nearly flew out of the door-frame, but saved himself. “I could do this all day!”
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2014-06-26
Age : 29
Location : TX/US CST

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:28 am

Maura all but lifts Natyala into the wagon and gets her settled inside. Ignoring the disheveled hair sticking to her own face or the chills wracking her body, she tends to Natyala like a worried mother, checking her for any wounds regardless of their severity. "I'm so sorry," Maura utters painfully. "We'll get you a new wagon. Find you the best horses."
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
SaphyrBlaze

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2014-06-26
Age : 29
Location : TX/US CST

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:45 pm

(( Bump. Anything else happening with this? Is this man to be trusted? Do they make it to comfort and safety without anymore hiccups? Does anyone catch a cold?! The suspense is killing me. :p ))
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1257
Join date : 2014-09-17
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:50 am

The inside of the wagon was enchanted, and it was much larger than it should have been looking in from the outside. A large stretching room cluttered with knick knacks and odd pieces. Signs, pieces of cloth, and shrines hung off the wooden walls. They were messily nailed in place, hanging upside down, having been either put on wrong or jostled out of place and remain hanging by a thread. Maura would note Shaundakul along side Sharess, salune, waukeen, corellon and many others.
Hoops and stands, rings and throwing blades lay scattered around the room, thrown out of place by the wagon ripping through the storm. The only things that managed to remain in place were three doors off their hinges strapped to the wall in the back. Each one were painted in bright purples, reds, and blues. Elven scribed across all three, the words slightly interrupted by the leather straps that held them in place.

“So, what brings you out to the middle of nowhere?” The man said cheerfully enough. He had a relaxed tone, walking away from the women to pull the shudders that separated the driver’s and the rain from the internal belly of the wagon. “Lost?” He asked Kal, who had placed himself on the driver’s bench, giving the figure a blank stare. He had a beat of looking him down before spreading his arms open to invite him inside. “You can come in if you want—Just try not to touch anything. I have a few toys that can get temperamental. Comes with the job I'm afraid.”
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2014-06-26
Age : 29
Location : TX/US CST

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:05 pm

"Her caravan was attacked, magic went awry, her wagon made off for the ethereal plane," she chuckles softly. "The forest would probably be engulfed in Hellrime if it wasn't for this storm." Maura looks about the cabin, finally relaxing and enjoying the much quieter environ. She smiles softly as she spots the small shrine to Shaundakul. "Do you have any dry blankets, mister...?"
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
KingOfAquilonia

avatar

Posts : 1048
Join date : 2012-03-17
Age : 30
Location : New York

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:26 pm

Kalthanars' guard laxed just a bit upon seeing the shrines of said gods but not entirely so by any means. Entering the caravan's back portion, careful not to touch any of said tempermental toys.

"So what brings you out here?" He asked of the driver..."And what manner of wagon is this? It is clearly ensorcelled..."
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-10-13
Age : 24
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:38 am

The quiet woman follows the others into the caravan, though she remains quiet, and keeps her mask on.
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills   

Back to top Go down
 
Caravan Attacked: Crossroads and Daggerhills
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Caravan Attacked: Shadowdale East
» Zoey attacked by the raven mocker...
» A druid walking into the daggerhills
» A Head on a Pike at the Edge of Cormanthor Crossroads
» The Crossroads

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Freehaven, Castle Krag, Dwarves and All Other Areas-
Jump to: