Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

From the Heavens

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: From the Heavens   Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:54 pm

It was a quite and peaceful night for once in Shadowdale, which would be disrupted by a sudden brillent light in the sky, shining a fantastic white as it fell towards the ground, in the East of shadowdale, in the circle of Stone a Beautiful sword made from Silver now could be seen burred deeply in a large stone.

Upon the blade and upon the stone, words of the celestial tongue can been cut into the stone and blade of the sword.
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:58 pm

(( Attempt made IG with Lightforge present. ))

After failing to pull the sword, Maura walks off to the Crossroads to begin her rounds to the rock shrines, a pensive expression on her face.

Last edited by SaphyrBlaze on Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Bryanna approaches the blade in the stone, studying it but keeping a respectful distance. She kneels after making three complete circuits, impaling her own blade into the ground before her. After a long study looking between her sword and the one lodged into the stone. Noting the similarities, she begins to pray gently, hoping to glean some insight into the origins of the blade in the stone, using the Lion's head pommel in her sword as a holy-symbol.
Back to top Go down
Eizendur

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Elric would approach the stone and kneely briefly to offer a short praise to the heavens as a proper Aasimar would to in homage to the Aasimon... afterwards he'd recite a lathanderite prayer chant:

Shadows fall
And hope has fled
Steel your heart
The dawn will come

The night is long
And the path is dark
Look to the sky
For one day soon
The dawn will come

The shepherd’s lost
And his home is far
Keep to the stars
The dawn will come

Bare your blade
And raise it high
Stand your ground
The dawn will come

He'd then proceed to read the celestial inscription.
Back to top Go down
pyro

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:27 pm

After hearing the news, Dannyl slips out of town and makes his way to the rock. He, too, circles it, padding a wary arc about 40 feet from the stone. He then makes his way to a nearby tree, where he sits and settles in, watching any others approaching the rock.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:55 pm

Bryanna would kneel and prey softly, after finishing and examining the blade, she and anyone else with some ranks in lore would be able to tell that this blade is strongly enchanted with rather powerful enchantments when facing the undead, not only able to deliver exceptional blows to the undead, but seeming to come alive when near undead.

As Elric kneels and preys, chanting softly almost as if fate, the clouds would part and the full glory of the Sun would shine down upon him and all those near by, for a brief few moment.

The Writing on the stone in Celestial would read:

"Only one pure and righteous may pull me free, and in that hand I shall purge the taint of the undead from this land, until the task is done or the one who holds me falls, then I shall return here, and await for another one whom is noble and pure to relinquish myself to until my task is done."

((

OOC'ly:

anyone with a base of 20 in lore can work out it is a:

Silver Longsword +5 to hit and damage vs undead, with deaths ruin allowing crits vs undead and undead bane adding an extra 1d6 damage vs undead.

It has no history attached to it, no legends hinting to that this blade has recently been created and lodged into this stone.

From the hints in the text, it seems the sword its self is meant for a certain type of person, who follows a certain path in life.
Back to top Go down
Eizendur

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:04 pm

He'd lift his arms to the beam of sunlight to embrace it and then proclaim:

"I am Elric. Paladin of Lathander. Son of Alphonse... Paladin Martyr of Torm.
I walk the path of righteousness to protect the innocent and the weak against the predations of evil.
As did my father before me and his father before him.

I beseech the heavens for this boon to help purify the land from the vile undead who would destroy life and all who enjoy it's blessing."

He'd then attempt to pull out the sword.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:22 pm

* waits to see what the others characters do and if anyone attempts to stop him*
Back to top Go down
Dragon_tears

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:31 pm

Sister Laura really was just minding her own business. There wasn't much to do about town, it had been quiet and no one had come to the hospital lately. It was a lonely kind of quiet, but one that brought about the chance to relax and give herself time to reflect on all that had happened.

That is, until she noticed the sword. Everything had been normal until the sword and come down from the heavens and nearly scared the life out of her. She hadn't seen it happen, just a bright light that flashed in her windows that tends to come with the gods touching the earth.

She joined the crowds as the peer at the stone. Her blue eyes transfixed on it. She could read what clues had been left for mortalkind, and she was in awe of it. A thing of the gods, here, amongst them. She gawked at it's brilliance.

Then she held her breath. Godly things played by certain rules. At least, in her mind they did. Mortals stained goodly things, it was just in their nature. They were imperfect things trying to grasp something made of pure perfection. She didn't know how she felt about people touching that blade.

"Maybe you should wash your hands first." She said, more to herself than Elric as he stepped up. She came from a long line of purification rituals. The Reverend Mother's voice rang through her ears. Always, wash your hands.
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:32 pm

Sophia having failed to retrieve the sword, and humbly stepped back to allow other, earlier that day, would now be sitting atop an oak tree, watching anyone that would attempt to take the sword. A smile on her face watching, waiting...
Back to top Go down
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:56 pm

Ranya having tried to draw the sword earlier and failing had gone back to The Guild house and begun to spread word of the Bade in the stone and the message Maura had deciphered.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:42 pm

A towering elven male, hooded and cloaked watches from afar, leaning upon a white staff. He observes in silence from the shadows of a tree.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:50 pm

*just waiting on DrunkenSolamnic to see if she posts*
Back to top Go down
Jarlexel

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:20 pm

Sophia Everheart walks the recently atoned Michael Kencade to Shadowdale east, showing him the stone and telling him the tale from Maura  

"Sophia, The Loyal Fury just found me fit to give me another chance, I have not yet proven myself not to fail to the Triadic Gods.

"Giving up without even trying should you even fail is failure in it's own right." She says in her kind and soft voice

"Hmmm . . ."Thinking to himself : Practically going insane just trying to maintain my codes of Conduct . . ."Wise words . ." Smiles at her gently and walks over to the stone then places his hand on the hilt giving it a light tug
Back to top Go down
Roveston

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:30 pm

While working at the House of the Moonmaiden to design its interiors, Lucent would hear of the people gathering at the east gate after the blast of light in the sky. Once there and given a quick look at the weapon he would simply watch the scene not intervening by now.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:57 pm

Standing before the blade with Ranya, Michael, and Jezabel, Elektra listens to the translation of the Celestial script.
After a time of pondering, a strategy seems to rise as a strong possibility in her mind. She speaks out :
" OK. so. it says that the blade will return if and when the worthy hero falls. .. . that means the weilder would be dead or undead. . that brings to mind something very wicked that could be here before us. . . this may not be as it seems. .. "
She shifts her feet and continues : " Imagine , one by one. .our best take the sword and bravely take chances that such egos usually do. .. and fall to the enemy. . like a careful selection of passing our best to them. .. one at a time. .and. the sword keeps on coming back for the next one in line !
A strange and unexplained sword just FALLS FROM THE SKY. . . . and we dont see this as suspicious? . . .not even one cleric claims their deity sent it. . .. I am telling you. .this enemy we face is ancient and very wise. . do not take it for granted that a sudden fix like this is a good thing. .. it would be a great trap, if sent by them."
Back to top Go down
Shadowcraft

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:10 pm

Having been sat on a near by hill, a bit of straw in between her fangs and her big black floppy hat covering her eyes Nadia had been watching the on going scene as it played out, amusement and curiosity on her face. "Pity it ant a rapiar.." she would comment to herself before yawning and listening to Elektra and chuckling before reaching to her hip and pulling up a wine skin and taking a long swig.
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:25 am

Upon leaving, after a few kind words with Micheal Kencade, Sophia would have returned to the temple gardens to seek counsel with Chauntea through Prayer & Meditation, in attempts to discern whether or not this blade is of the Divine or whether the Coven had set yet another trap in Motion, which to Sophia, would be nothing new from these Necromancers. The Harvestmistress would Chant as she began to slip into a meditative state:

Mother, be if of your will, that should we the faithful know, is this blade to reap or to sow, of all that has and will yet to come, through this blade will we be undone.

Let not my doubts if e'er they are, be to you, having one come so far, I seek your counsel Mother, in the light of morn. So on to those that are valiant and true, that this divine blade be it folly or be it true.

When she had finished her little chant-like prayer, Sophia would have fallen into a trance wherein her breathing would have become slow and shallow, She would wait no matter how long to hear what wisdom if any the the Great Mother, could shed on this Blade.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:13 am

Valtore arrives and stands a distance from the silver sword. His Hood pulled low and features darkened. He knows very well the nature of the sword and likely meaning. He wonders who will step forward briefly before his shoulders slump and he turns and once more leaves town. Not talking to anyone if he can help it. He just wonders towards the dark forest he has been living in for the last week.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:49 am

Eizendur wrote:
He'd lift his arms to the beam of sunlight to embrace it and then proclaim:

"I am Elric. Paladin of Lathander. Son of Alphonse... Paladin Martyr of Torm.
I walk the path of righteousness to protect the innocent and the weak against the predations of evil.
As did my father before me and his father before him.

I beseech the heavens for this boon to help purify the land from the vile undead who would destroy life and all who enjoy it's blessing."

He'd then attempt to pull out the sword.

As your hand grips the hilt the blade its self starts to glow a fantastic white reacting to you, as you begin to pulling upon the blade it slides free. (( when is it best to catch you in game?))

@ Sophia

After you have meditate, alass no divine insight comes about the blade, however if you turn to researching, and looking though the meany books the temple has, Sophia would be able to tell that the Sword is not at least from any legend, story or apart of her faith.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:03 pm

A few moments later, the shadow of the towering elf by a nearby tree is gone.
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:19 pm

Bryanna simply watches with a small smile.

"Congratulations."
Back to top Go down
Eizendur

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:13 pm

After pulling the sword he raises it to the sky and exclaims:

"Blessed beeth the heavens and blessed beeth the morninglord! The undead shall taste the power of this blade!"

With a flourish he swings the sword and the runes glow white along with the blade itself.
Elric closes his eyes and smiles. He then opens his eyes and takes a look at the blade before sheathing it in an empty scabbard.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:47 am

Elektra would come to him , with deep concern in her eyes, almost to tears.
"Oh Elric . .. I am both thrilled and worried for you. .. yet not surprised at all that your heart actually raised this blade from the stone.
Please , please. beware . . . I can think of no better person to lead in the destruction of the undead. .and . .no worse person to be taken by them.
Strategy counts here, you will be the lynch pin the forces of the Dales will lean upon, and even if you have the natural motivation to lead out front like a shining knight that you are, . . . .such. .is . .exactly the most dangerous thing you could do. We can not afford to lose you.
Bring a great many with you, please. Undead willow down our defenses, over run with numbers, and will not stop. Red Knight says that every army has a breaking point far short of the last soldier... unless they are undead.
As precious leader, protect yourself accordingly. We all depend on your survival. I hope you can gather us all to your side, for if we do not unite before the undead attack, we may all well be united after they do. ".
*Tears well up in her eyes*
"My support is with you , how ever you need it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From the Heavens   

Back to top Go down

From the Heavens
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1