Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Elektra sends out word

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
White Rose

PostSubject: Elektra sends out word   Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:09 am

Elektra calls for a meeting , by word of mouth , that there is a meeting on the front porch of THOR ( The House of Redemption ) with the front gates wide open to all.
 The word passed around is that this is a public discussion for those eager to take the fight in their own hands to the Undead.
She stands all day , sharing this same information to all who may pass by , and or attend. This is one such account :
 "The Red Knight says - 'Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man.'
... And... 'An army that can not be located, is an army that can not be destroyed'.
 Hear me all who will.
 Many plan to fight the army of undead and the Liches that command them, by hiding behind walls ... Hoping for time to be on their side enduring the attacks of the enemy.
Consider our enemy... The undead , Do Not Rest, nor tire, nor do they need sleep, water, or food.
They do not waver from commands , nor lose focus, nor fear for themselves.
 As most Dalelanders hope for strong fortifications, wards and consecrations to stave off the enemy... Time is on the side of the undead!
 I choose another way. I will not wait for the sound of undead feet marching to come to my walls ... For I shall leave the walls behind!
Yes, we shall be a mobile force... Free from prediction, location and plan. We shall strike the enemy when they are least prepared, where we are not expected, with no warning. We shall vanish from the field when it suits us... Even flee to foreign lands if we must... free to return at will.
We will be a thorn in their side, attacking flanks and rear, exacting our toll, and vanishing just as fast !
We shall live off the land, gathering to us the lost, the hopeless and the broken of the Dales. We shall be the hope of many, both as rescuing force as well as an unexpected addition in battles.
I will not go down cowering in a basement... compound, nor be trapped in buildings nor holes. We shall be ... Warriors of Wind ! Unseen, unpredicted and unexpected. Join us, if you dare. Bring every power and skill , every race and creed, and let us be a curse to those who would destroy us! We carry no banner, serve no king, and no other cause but to survive , or go down fighting free!   Warriors of Wind !
"
(( my proposal to make this Rp fairly realistic , is for us to gather by agreement on Skype, or deciding in OOC room, making it hard to predict where we are. ))

Last edited by White Rose on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AsuraKing

Location : Look closely at your shadow, you might just see me there!... If not listen for the clanking!

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:24 pm

((I'd be interested in this if it gets going.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:36 pm

(( I don't mean to undermine a Dm in any way, if we get this going... How it might be done ... Is not up to me. It just sounds fun to me, and might be something a bone head like me might try in RL under similar circumstances.  ))
Back to top Go down
dibernardi

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:32 pm

Ebin Dhur is seen moving out of Shadowdale in the direction of The House of Redempion.
Back to top Go down
Lady Crankenstein

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:04 pm

Alasha'Ur steps up and speaks to Elektra during a pause.

" undead do not bleed, and my skills may prove useless in that way, but, i pledge my self to join you in this. you will need a scout, and if undead can see invis, then all the more you need one who hides in the light. "
Back to top Go down
http://ladycrankenstein.wix.com/lady-crankenstein
Blutbadd

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:53 am

*Roman approaches Alasha and Elektra, picking a fingernail with a black glowing kukri*

I've been tasked by head horndog to be the "Raven" for this mission. My orders are not to engage and just creep around and pick up the peices and bring them home.

*his eyes cold as death*

That gonna be ok with everyone?
Back to top Go down
Lady Crankenstein

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:17 am

The teifling eyes focus a moment on Roman, them Alasha'Ur speaks to all at once.
"I bow to your superior ability to act as Raven for this expedition.
I will remain behind with the members and associates of the House. For them , I can lay deadly holy traps as needed. Speaking of this, I must gather more of them. "
Silently, she bows and steps away ... vanishing.
Back to top Go down
http://ladycrankenstein.wix.com/lady-crankenstein
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:34 pm

Elektra speaks , as she slowly twirls a chess piece in her fingers. It is a knight.

"The tactic that I envision is first of all, ranged attacks with spells. As they come for us, we run, then hit them again, and run.
Toe to toe needs to be avoided as it will kill us.
My plan, is to divert them away from HOR, or what ever primary target they march on. If the whole force won't bend, then we have at least dragged some away, and if they can be thinned out as they chase us, we may take the chance to overwhelm them.
A lot will depend on how fast they move, how many spells it takes to destroy them, if we can sneak, how many spells we have.
To attain this as a force, I am envisioning a simple set of commands.
ONE- means advance.
TWO- means fire from here
THREE - means retreat

So, in this way a battle sequence for us might likely be
1, 2,3,2,3,2,3,3,3

Once all agree, the team should stay together and hopefully out of the grip of the enemy.
We plan to never provoke the enemy until WE are ready.
This tactic could have many affects at different times.
Any suggestions?"
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:13 pm

*Crypto has a bit of a dissappointed look on his face as he exits the Keep to the Veranda with a cocktail in one hand and a stuffed toy moose in the other.*

Don't let undead close you in or you are gafooked. They have a nasty habit of coming out of the very tainted ground... so your retreat path has to be painstakingly, scouted, cleared, and even blessed.

Lead them towards the woods and even have a contingent of extra archers there. Get one of your teamates that is friendly with elves to get that defender battalion off its skinny arse and offer you 100 archers.  All they seem to do is sit around eating wheat grass and light wine!

All of your team that fall and cannot be raised need to be burnt, disintegrated, or carried back. Every corpse you leave adds one soldier to the enemy ranks.

You are going to have fool heros that want to charge the front line. I wouldn't even bring those types if they cannot be convinced to range attack. Fool charges, fool gets mauled, fool turned into undead, then zombie fool hobble charges right back at you.

*he pets his moose and sips his cocktail looking over the motley bunch at his doorstep*
Back to top Go down
AsuraKing

Location : Look closely at your shadow, you might just see me there!... If not listen for the clanking!

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:51 pm

Standing just outside the front gate, Hector chimes in his voice monotone and his mask showing no sign of emotion.

"You say the plan is to divert them from your House, I am fairly certain your House is one of the targets with the least danger of getting struck. The dead have taken a foothold just outside of Shadowdale, that is most likely their next target. And as your husband has stated, fighting an army of undead is far different than fighting a living army, there are many many differences... I would know."
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:33 pm

Elektra looks to Hector, listening as he speaks.
  " I welcome everything you have to share and offer.
 Please understand that my study of the Red Knight gives me strategy, yet I know this is far short of field experience. I do NOT claim to be commander of this expedition. If one comes and is better qualified, I will bow to that person, and serve to preserve the lives and souls of the Dales.
 That said, I also know that while success of this mission will carry the name of the leader... A failure of it will carry MY name.
I am responsible for all who join, and must be certain the commander is the best for us all.
  As far as targets the undead are after, I will defend any and every town the undead march on, as long as I am able... Even those who show disfavor towards me and my House. Every soul is worth saving.
  HOR stands between Dagger Hills and most other targets. Once they pass us, I will follow them... Relentlessly."

(( AsuraKing, I would ask you to join us, but if they hit Shadowdale, I assume you gotta play Cruven. Once we set a team I want to practice our strategy before facing a Dm led force ))
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:35 pm

*Crypto pets his "Teddy Moose"*

The undead have attacked us no less than three times, on the very bricks on which you stand sir.

*he points up to his beloved roof tavern*

They blew holes in that very roof.  No one is going to convince me we are not in their assault path... especially someone that doesn't know the history here. They are probably still quite miffed about we and our nature friends extinguishing their death orb to the north.
Back to top Go down
Sonja Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:08 pm

A woman clad in all black with her face covered stands slightly behind Hector. Listening, eyes darting around the area as if on guard.
Back to top Go down
AsuraKing

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:43 pm

"I see then I stand corrected, but anyway, sentient are a threat to all and I sure do not intend to fall to them, let us see if the holier than thou fools can put side their petty grudges to stop this threat."

((Yeah if id does hit SD I prob will need to be on Cruven, but Hector plans to be more use via his knowledge of the undead anyway.))
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:05 pm

"Then good sir, please , share , tell, advise... Spill it ! Our time may be growing short. We need all the info we can gather, because the learning curve on this is a sheer cliff into the abyss!"
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:40 pm

AsuraKing wrote:
"... let us see if the holier than thou fools can put side their petty grudges to stop this threat."

*Crypto guffaws...*

Your sentiment is logical, but we're all here at the HoR today because most of us have little faith in that ever happening... thus the need to take matters into our own hands.

There are however, other folks putting together different undead fighting units... we should put forth effort to bring them all together.
Back to top Go down
AsuraKing

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:14 pm

"Firstly you should make note that undead will not fall for any sorts of illusions and they've powerful casters an incorpreal dead so even etherealness will probably not work if you try to retreat with it. Also, mind your shadows, if you have two at any point, you can be sure you're about to have your life taken.

As for bringing forces together, the only man that even attempted that so far, well he was cooked in a pot so good luck with that."
Back to top Go down
Donath_Wolfbayne

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:07 am

Brandon waltzes on to HOR in his hands behind his back, out of his customary full plate armor and only his axe in the shape of a cross at his side looks around at all the people. "Has the party already started without me?" a cheeky smile crosses his lips. "Jest gimme somethen ta do an' i'll do it and if one of them undead buggers come near me I'll be putten me axe in its head." With that said he finds an empty seat hopping up onto it and makes himself comfortable watching as the rest talk amongst themselves.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:07 pm

Elektra looks at the newcomer and speaks with him.
" my heart is encouraged at your courage. I have been scouting the undead, testing tactics as well as what works best against them... I nearly passed away from it ... Because they grow stronger, and my best is starting to prove less and less effective...
... yet I shall quote a folk named Bart, who's very words have restored my drive... He said that we have no choice but to fight... no matter how it ends, we will fight. "
Back to top Go down
Donath_Wolfbayne

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:43 pm

Brandon listens as Elektra speaks and nods. "Smart fella this bart, maybe we might meet. But we ain't gonna be dieing, not yet and not by them." He looks around to all that are gathered. "personally I like me body the way it is and I got too much to do than be turnen into one of those. I got me some divine spells learnt that can destroy'em so lemme know when and where" with that he hops off his seat and heads for the door. He turns once as he reaches it "I'll be at the inn at Shadow Dale if ya want to find me." If no one says anything he walks out and heads too the inn for refreshments and a little gambling.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:24 pm

"I am planning a mobile force , while Crypto plans to defend the HOR from within.
The mobile force is in the most danger, and needs folks who can cast a distance. We will be striking where ever it appears we have the best odds.
The home defense will be behind walls and what ever comes of it.
Which of those might best interest you? "
Back to top Go down
Donath_Wolfbayne

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:54 am

"Put me mobile, don't like being cooped up. If that's what ya need I'll be off. You'll know where to find me." He then heads off to the inn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elektra sends out word   

Back to top Go down

Elektra sends out word
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1