Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Tolerance is Treason!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wulfenote

Location : lo⋅ca⋅tion   /loʊˈkeɪʃən/ a place of settlement, activity, or residence

PostSubject: Tolerance is Treason!   Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:26 am

A large, rather simplistic but eye-catching poster hangs on the noticeboard:

A half-drow caught stealing from the hard-earned savings of our Dalelanders.
A half-drow spouting the words of her foul deity, Lolth, by the memorial fountain to our Honored Dead.
A half-drow, who tried to kill me from behind with a fire spell by Harper Hill.

What lies in common with all these statements?
The perpetrators are all half-drow.
They are no better than the Zhents we drove out, or their full-blooded kin.
We cannot let our dear town be infiltrated by these foul creatures.
Do not be fooled by their lighter skin!

Drive them out of town, before your loved ones are sacrificed on the altar of their foul goddess!

Tolerance is Treason!
Back to top Go down
Eizendur

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:40 am

A note is posted as a reply.

Are the people of this town willing to commit the same atrocities their tormenters have wraught?
Half drow who have not commited to their people's evil ways or crimes are INNOCENT.

To brand an entire population who's common denominator is a shameful parentage they could not choose is wrong.

In time where shadowdale the free now stands to show it's true worth can you truly desire to become the tyrants you have suffered so dearly under?

or will you pity those who's fate from birth has been to suffer?

Selune's tolerance upon you

Signed Artaius Silvermond
Druid of Selune

P.S.: Those 3 criminals can use a good beating - no less than any other good-for-nothing.

Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:16 am

A half-drow with only one arm is seeing writing on the board

"It is not us the half-drow that are comitting this crimes, it is the Lolithes ones (And the like). I have been a slave for most of my life and I know the only way out of Szith-Morcane is through blood whether it is yours such as me after loosing an arm or the blood of you, surfacers, since drow use spies on the surface.

You have a suspicious half-drow in a seat of power at the Shadowdale Mage Guild that got out of Szith-Morcane with no wounds and avoids answering how she did it, that is to me enough reason to kick her out unless she explains herself.

Do you want to make half-drow have a hard time entering your town? I agree, but do not close yourselves completely for I have proven myself to many people to get to the surface alive including the House of Plenty and the dwarves of the Ironhouse Halls.
Safety is good, paranoia isn't.

- Skuld"
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:44 am

Seeing the large post on the board, Sophia shakes her head disgusted. Wanting to tear it down and burn it, she just adds something to the board.

"Paranoid Propaganda. Just because A few twisted souls have committed these said crimes does not mean that all should be judged. And for that matter You have no authority to judge anyone. So keep your paranoia to yourself. What you are doing is no different than what the Zhentarim have done.  May Chauntea grant you Clarity and Compassion"
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:05 pm

Walking back to the board she writes below her view

And further more Tolerance is not treason. It is what separates is from the Zhentarim and Drow alike
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Skuld is seen writing again:

"Questionable half-drow:

The Red mage of the Shadowdale Mage Guild.
- Claims that she is form Szith-Morcane but when asked how she got out without a single wound she avoids answering saying it ain't our business. When questioned in public she tries to hide behind her reputation as a mage from a Guild implying that I am insulting their name.

Ro
- Wears a slave collar, speaks in broken common mixed with drow, wearing a whip at her hip which is common in Crinti half-drow from Dambrath since they are known Loviatarites. When asked why she wore that collar she tried to avoid answering questioning my authority.

Those two are an example of the kind of half-drow that you want and I agree should be banned from Shadowdale.
In fact, I support this statement and will fight to see a change that suits all the needs of this town."
Back to top Go down
Dragon_tears

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Laura stands at the billboard, her hands folded in front of her skirts. She doesn't leave any notices or anything of the ilk. She just reads with worried eyes.
Back to top Go down
Jakunen

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:01 pm

Ardylan reads over the poster and gives it an approving nod, but the number of pro-half-drow responses set a scowl on his face.

"Bastard filth and fools. We didn't free this mudhole so you could wallow in it like pigs and shite all over it."

Rather than tearing down any of the pro-half-drow responses, he leaves them up as proof to all the world who is not to be trusted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:46 am

A man speaks from the edge of the gathering crowd. "I am certain you see the value of both sides, Master Elf. There is a wisdom to freedom and their is wisdom in the words you speak. There are those seeking freedom who wish to fight for freedom and there are those seeking freedom to abuse and destroy it." He raises his voice and speaks to the gathering crowd.

"So how does one balance the the chance for freedom with the wisdom of history? Does one protect the innocent by punishing the wicked before their deeds? The problem is a very real problem and how we deal with it is going to define whether or not we are tyrants by another name, or rightly balancing individual freedom and merit against the very real possibility that those with the blood of evil coursing through their veins will perpetrate evil. For those who speak on innocence I challenge you, look first at your own reflection. Look deep in your own soul and ask yourself, have you not done evil yourself? If evil is so easy to fall to, even as you champion virtues, how much more so for those who do not understand what justice, innocence, good and evil are. You will not convince each other and even less will care what any of you have to say if you simply raise your voices higher at each progressing point. I challenge each of you to find a solution, find a solution together. Find a solution together and present it to the town that will give the innocent striving for freedom the chance every soul deserves against the very reasonable fear of the drow, instead of sitting around and judging one another, stand up and lead."

The blonde haired man stands surrounded in a crimson cape draped around himself.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:00 am

Skuld walks towards the crowd as they gather standing a few meters away in case they get agressive.

"If I may speak up my mind and know that what I am about to say is just a couple of ideas that need to be polished in the very least, I dare say that asking for a place of origin and how did they got here from there would be the start.
As Bryanna once said, an interview could solve at least half the problems you are having in your town and I think it still allows for the town to be open and welcoming. By asking someone suspicious their place of origin, work, how did they got from there to here, etc. you have a base line from which you can judge.
If they have references, the odds of being welcomed with open arms would be even better as some of us were helped by the Ironhouse dwarves, the House of Plenty and the Ilmateri hospital when we first arrived here.
It may sound strange coming from someone like me who has the tainted blood of the dhaerow flowing through her veins but most of my kin that I have seen here smell of pride, acting like they own the place instead of being humble enough to explain themselves to someone else, of four that I have met none have convinced me of their innocence and that should worry you more than it worries me, people."
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:13 am

Listening to what the man says, Sophia while at the back on the gathered crowd

sighs slightly listening to the comments flying all about, keeping her hood up, clutching the symbol of Chauntea, which is draped around her neck
Back to top Go down
Dragon_tears

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:50 am

Laura didn't realize how long she had been standing there staring down the parchment, quietly wondering if people would start to resent her for her tolerance. It was a tricky subject, one that someone else with a lot more credentials should be handling. She hadn't realized she was now standing in a crowd, and the reality of it made her even more nervous. She blinked and looked at them, slowly turning around to see just who all was here.

She listened to the man speak, and while it was interesting she was still intimidated. But, she did not leave. She instead remained extraordinarily still, listening to the arguments that flew past her ears.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:00 am

Valtore stands not far away eating an apple.."Ye know many were tha ones who proclaimed Songbird was a good person. A valued friend. I feel fur her honey coated words once upon a time. She was a half-drow and I said 'Judge her not by her skin but by her actions'. Then she stole tha children from tha orphanage and walked them inta tha Church of Bane with a smile on her face. They are all twisted evil creatures and shouldn't be trusted. String 'em all up and be done with it. Ye canna trust them not ta steal yur children when ye are not watchen cause ye fell fur thier lies." He continues to eat his apple.
Back to top Go down
MustangSVT
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:15 am

jalmynar wrote:
Valtore stands not far away eating an apple.."Ye know many were tha ones who proclaimed Songbird was a good person. A valued friend. I feel fur her honey coated words once upon a time. She was a half-drow and I said 'Judge her not by her skin but by her actions'. Then she stole tha children from tha orphanage and walked them inta tha Church of Bane with a smile on her face. They are all twisted evil creatures and shouldn't be trusted. String 'em all up and be done with it. Ye canna trust them not ta steal yur children when ye are not watchen cause ye fell fur thier lies." He continues to eat his apple.
An elf fellow listens in to the dwarf and appears to nod in agreement. "Any person or creature tainted with the dark ones' blood is not to be trusted, and should be shot on sight. There is a good reason why the ancestors cursed them to the depths of the world."
Back to top Go down
cdnspr

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:17 am

A wizard in green listens in, propping up the large, floppy brim of his hat so that he can see the speakers, and comments to himself.

"I do hope the powers that be realize the error of allowing such creatures to simply walk about as the rest of us do."
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:56 am

Skuld looks at the elf and smiles

"Wasn't an entire Clan of Sun Elves erased from Faerûn by the Elven Court for being responsible of the fall of the dhaerow? You are not free from sin either. I doubt any of you willing to kill every half-breed in sight is pure of heart so instead of being narcisist ragers why don't you help the rest of us do something good here?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:00 pm

"There be an army ta' tha' north o' town," another voice calls from the crowd. "Let them prove themselves by fighting with us!"

"Filthy half breeds...."

"What are...."

Comments and discussion continue a murmur beginning.
Back to top Go down
Wulfenote

Location : lo⋅ca⋅tion   /loʊˈkeɪʃən/ a place of settlement, activity, or residence

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:06 pm

As the crowd begins to grow, and more murmuring starts to spread with the quiet threats and accusations, she goes unnoticed. In the thickest part of the group, she is hunched, giving the usually-tall woman a weaker, shorter stature. Armoured in thick platemail, she is cloaked and hooded in heavy furs, concealing her visage, save for a cold, calculating grin that starts to spread across her face as she witnesses the growing unrest caused by the emotionally-charged and incendiary poster she had put up.

Quietly, she bides her time, waiting for the right moment to say something.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:52 pm

The dwarf pipes up again "I would no more trust one of 'em with a blade at me side then I would an orc. Likely stab me or one of ye own if they could get something out of it. NA be rid of 'em that is tha only sure way ta be safe."

*the dwarf is not wearing his typical armor and instead is wearing finely made clothing. (Charisma 12)*
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:14 pm

Skuld answers the dwarf with the same tone, her common is rash, her voice filled with anger towards the dhaerow and her own kin, the wounds on her face and body make placing your eyes on her a hard task but her argument is based on logic:

"Does that mean that helping out a dwarf friend of your Clan is a selfish action who is natural of an orc-like creature? Does that mean that liberating slaves from the hand of the filthy dhaerow is not an act worth of some respect?
Those are not thing that I am inventing, I have actually done both and for that I have earned the right to be left alone as long as my action don't hurt anybody else from this town. Are you worried of a half-drow backstabbing you? Don't allow them into positions of power but know that by turning everyone of my kind down will drive them to Freehaven where more will be used against your town and the rest of the Dales for they will be easily corrupted there.

I agree that there is a high percentage of broken slaves, traitors and scumbags amongst my kin but do not let that blacken your view of the ones that have helped your Clan even if it was in a very small way.
I have been fighting drow since I was freed by Grobar Glorygem from their claws, I was healed back to health in the House of Plenty with the assistance of Sister Laura and I was offered a job by Commander Cruven. I have been proving myself to you surfacers, adapting to this bizarre world with a fire orb in the sky and even pointing out possible threats for your safety with no gain to my person and I desire nothing more than a place where I feel safe.
I have lost my arm in the proccess of becoming a part of your society and I'd like to be judged based on that too."
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:12 pm

Cleo walks by, holding a mug of pungent tea in one hand and a shovel in the other. He seems intent on getting to the work site by the sinkhole and ignoring the unrest, but he stops and looks up when he hears talk of the "fire orb in the sky".

He leans against the shovel and sips his skunk-smelling tea, casually, quietly. There is an occasional glint of sunlight in the young priest's eye as he scans the crowd for Lathanderite civilians or off-duty dawn-knights.

Once, halfway through his mug of tea, he nearly topples off his shovel, but he rights himself in time.

Back to top Go down
http://www.wayneself.com
Dragon_tears

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:14 pm

Laura is a bit trapped in the arguing crowd, not wanting to catch anyones attention. She spots Cleo and her eyes plead for help out of this awkward situation.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:19 pm

The dwarf smirks "Oi ye be doin it ta make a good name fur yeself. But others have done tha same, and when they got tha trust they turned their back on tha good folk of tha dales and betrayed that trust. How many good folk have ye seen reveal their true colors when the oppertunity presented themselves? Yur deputy mayor bends a knee ta a dark power up tha mountian. Now ye might be honest in yur hate for them dark skinned demon humpers, but then again ye could be doin all this ta aid them in some dark plan. I wouldna trust ye in battle. I have learned me lesson. Tis upta these folk ta learn from tha past or repeat it."
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:29 pm

Spying Laura in the press of the agitated crowd, Cleo bites his lower lip, looking around desperately for a way to get her out.

Red-eyed, by now, from whatever's in his tea, Cleo looks at his shovel and Laura can see the wheels turning as Cleo seriously ponders digging a tunnel.

After a moment, the young priest shakes his head quickly, as if to right his reasoning, and finally gathers himself and simply marches up to Laura.

"Sister, still baking, these days?" Cleo says as he takes her hand. "Because, I am, like, so hungry right now."

With that, he simply guides her through the agitated crowd with a muttered string of "excuse me's" and "coming through's".
Back to top Go down
http://www.wayneself.com
Wulfenote

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:02 pm

The dark-cloaked figure reappears a short while later, sticking a second poster on the board next to the first, before disappearing back into the crowd.

Loyal Elven Paladin of Corellon Lorethian Struck Down by Half-Drow Agitators in Town Center!

Our dear good friend and servant of the People, Isendur, loyal Paladin of Corellon Larethian and friend to all, was struck down by two half-blood agitators in town. When guards arrived, they accused him of assault, and none spoke up because they feared being killed. Innocent Isendur has been framed.

A Paladin, pillar of righteousness and good, has been struck down for being brave and standing up to these troublemakers! What manner of society do we live in now, that they can roam about the night, take your children, and kill good men? Look to your left! Look to your right! If we do not do something about this, these half-blood will soon be the ones lording over Shadowdale, and the rest of the Dalelands!

Speak your mind! Do not be oppressed by this evil!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tolerance is Treason!   

Back to top Go down

Tolerance is Treason!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next