Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Chastening

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Archimedes

avatar

Posts : 1676
Join date : 2013-07-22
Location : Orange County, CA (GMT -7)

PostSubject: Re: The Chastening   Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:01 am

Back in Shadowdale now, after the resurrection of Trip Kindred, Cleo can still be seen climbing Old Skull Hill most mornings.

During the day, he can be seen doing what he did in the days after the Battle of Shadowdale and so many times since: assisting farmers with various labors. He takes his lunch at the House of Plenty, speaking in hushed tones to a golden-haired woman there.

In the evenings, he returns home, does his own household chores, and prepares a supper for Jay over the firepit outside.

Anyone who knows him can recognize that the light is slowly returning to his face, as his weight slowly returns, though he's clearly not quite his former self.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wayneself.com
Maskedshini

avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-10-13
Age : 24
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The Chastening   Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:43 pm

The mute monk is again seen walking around in the general area, watching over the recovering Dawnlord. When he takes his trips up the hill, the monk is there when he reaches the top. And walks back down with him afterwards, she would also try her best and encourage him to add swimming to his daily activities.
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
Archimedes

avatar

Posts : 1676
Join date : 2013-07-22
Location : Orange County, CA (GMT -7)

PostSubject: Re: The Chastening   Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:36 pm

After awhile, Cleo grows accustomed to her coming around. He continues to run the hill, but, when the Militia isn't using it, Cleo makes use of the Militia training grounds, running laps, doing calisthenics, and occasionally sparring, weaponless, with one of the dummies.

He always smiles when he sees her, no matter how exhausted and winded he may be, and, between quick, deep breaths, manages to say "Hello, Coach." He is always cheerful and always welcomes any help or advice she may provide.

But, when he thinks she isn't watching, his expression betrays and intensity that most never see in the little priest.

One day, as she silently approaches, she sees him pummeling one of the mannequins until one fist is bloody. In the other fist, he holds a knife. As she gets closer, she can see, on the face of the mannequin, a big, freshly carved letter "M".

Back to top Go down
http://www.wayneself.com
Maskedshini

avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-10-13
Age : 24
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The Chastening   Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:40 am

The mute monk tilts her head a bit, looking over the rather gruesome display of "art", before clapping her hands a little bit, to make her presence known to Cleo. As she then simply tilts her head, gesturing to the tortured mannequin.
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
Maskedshini

avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-10-13
Age : 24
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The Chastening   Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:42 am

the mute monk folds her arms, waiting for the dawnlord to speak, all the while examining both him and the mannequin.
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
Archimedes

avatar

Posts : 1676
Join date : 2013-07-22
Location : Orange County, CA (GMT -7)

PostSubject: Re: The Chastening   Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:51 am

Cleo, blushing, drops the knife.

"This...well. It's what someone did... To Leeora. And I.... I want to do the same to them.

I won't, of course. Of course I won't, but... I'm furious. At him, yes, but... But at me. I couldn't protect her. Or anyone else. Or... or even... myself."

Back to top Go down
http://www.wayneself.com
Maskedshini

avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-10-13
Age : 24
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The Chastening   Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:26 am

The woman looks over Cleo, trying to figure it if he's truly meaning what he says, after recent observations she's not quite sure what to judge his current state as.

In the meantime, she puts down her backpack, and walks over to the tortured mannequin, gets into s stance, and with a well-placed kick, she hits the wooden doll straight in the face, if not taking it clean off, at least smashing the wood in severely.

She then walks back over to her backpack, and finds a little board, and some chalk, she looks over her shoulder to make sure Cleo hasn't merely walked off, in case he hasn't, she'd write a few words on the board before showing it to him... it reads:


"Violence should never bring happiness, that's the path of a killer.

Once she's made sure he's read that, she erases it and continues:

"Trying to protect everyone, you will always eventually fail"

Once again, when he's finishes, she writes something new:

"Being there for the aftermath, that's what is truly worth something"

And again, when he's finished, she writes one last thing:

"Strive always to aid, to foster new hope, new ideas, and new prosperity for all humankind and its allies."
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
Eizendur

avatar

Posts : 919
Join date : 2014-04-29

PostSubject: Re: The Chastening   Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:57 am

Elric would find the dummy later and would seek cleo to talk about it.
He'd find them both later and inquire about it.





Last edited by Eizendur on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

avatar

Posts : 1676
Join date : 2013-07-22
Location : Orange County, CA (GMT -7)

PostSubject: Re: The Chastening   Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:06 am

Cleo's sincerity is clear, as is the shame which accompanies his confession.

He reads each written phrase as it's presented.

To the first, he nods.

After reading the second, he crosses his arms tightly across his chest, as if giving himself a hug, and adds, quietly, "or fall".

He slowly bows his head upon reading the third, studying the dirt of the training grounds and listening to the longer tick-tick-tick of her chalk upon the board.

When the staccato clicks ended, Cleo slowly raises his head to see the final message. Upon seeing it, he reaches out slowly to gently take the board.

He looks down at it for a moment, then begins to read aloud.

"Strive always to aid," he reads, tentatively at first.

"To foster new hope," he looks toward the sun rising over the eastern wall. He smiles, reciting the rest from memory.

"New ideas. And new prosperity." He looks around the ruined fields and his smile relaxes into an expression of determined understanding.

"For all humankind. And its allies."

He smiles at the silent monk, handing her board, back to her.

"You're right, of course. Thank you." He picks up the knife and stows it in his belt.

"I'll mend the mannequin later. For now, let's get breakfast," he says, as he begins a slow walk across the training grounds. "Hope you like your eggs sunny-side up."

As they reach the cobblestone path, he spares a look back at the now-headless mannequin, and adds, "But can you teach me how to do that, someday?"


Back to top Go down
http://www.wayneself.com
Archimedes

avatar

Posts : 1676
Join date : 2013-07-22
Location : Orange County, CA (GMT -7)

PostSubject: Re: The Chastening   Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:07 am

Cleo waits for his friend's movement in response as he mutters a quiet prayer of praise for the coming day.


Last edited by Archimedes on Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wayneself.com
Maskedshini

avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-10-13
Age : 24
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The Chastening   Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:22 am

((A mute is generally not very loud  Smile ))

The woman nods a little bit at the mention of breakfast. And follows him he begins to walk.

Once Cleo asks about The mannequin, The monk looks to it for a moment, before looking back to Cleo, with a gentle smile she nods.
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
Maskedshini

avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-10-13
Age : 24
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The Chastening   Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:56 am

The monk remains in Shadowdale, upon first light, she is usually seen near the home of the Dawnlord, waiting for the man to get up and begin his daily training, in which she'll aid him should he need it, she would also try and begin sparring with him, should he wish to try his strength. Or otherwise guide him in his effort to regain his strength.
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
Archimedes

avatar

Posts : 1676
Join date : 2013-07-22
Location : Orange County, CA (GMT -7)

PostSubject: Re: The Chastening   Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:11 pm

The young priest continues to work with the monk. In silence, he watches what she does and repeats it, or he consents to the conditioning she recommends, whether it be swimming, running, or other outdoor activities.

But one morning, he makes certain--absolutely certain, this time--that he's alone. In the caravan's firelight, he takes his time to slowly don his armor, examining each piece of mithral before strapping it to his body.

He opens his weapons case and takes a look at "Very Flat", his war mace. "Heh. And to think I used to swing you with one hand." He even bypasses "Slightly Flat", his smaller mace, in favor of an old, cheap-looking flail.

He holds it in his hands, examining it.

"You're a bit rusty, aren't you?" he speaks quietly to the old weapon. "Just like me. Rusty and unprepared. But you, being a mere object, are not afraid. Are you?"  

He turns the flail's handle in his hands, watching it slowly moisten with the sweat of his palms, his voice barely a whisper when he next speaks.

"I am. Afraid? Yes. I am afraid to go back there. And so I must."

He sits there awhile, then nods. He straps the flail to his belt, giving it a pat. "But not to worry. You and I? We'll bathe ourselves in Dawn's blessings and face together the terrors of night, with the beloved and the respected by our side."

He stands and heads North. "And by morning? I will have found my friend, and my courage. And you will have earned a name."

A few minutes later, the priest can be seen clanking through town, the armor too big for him, now, his footfalls heavy.

Presently, he reaches the training grounds and begins his work, inexpertly but vigorously hurling the business end of the flail at a long-suffering dummy.

Back to top Go down
http://www.wayneself.com
Maskedshini

avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-10-13
Age : 24
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: The Chastening   Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:54 pm

As she couldn't at first find the Dawnlord, she begins to search around for the man, finally finding him at the training site once again, at first she tilts her head, seeing as he's back in his old armor, and using a weapon as opposed to before. She walks up to the fence, and leans in on it, watching the man continue his training.
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
Archimedes

avatar

Posts : 1676
Join date : 2013-07-22
Location : Orange County, CA (GMT -7)

PostSubject: Re: The Chastening   Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:01 am

Cleo finishes a relatively brief training session, straps the flail to his belt, then, wiping his brow with the back of his hand, approaches the silent monk, smiling.

He lifts his nearby backpack, full as if prepared for a journey, and removes several carefully folded sheaves of paper.

"I'm going away for awhile, to make things right. While I'm gone, certain things must be said over and over again. I ask you to please distribute these among our Dawn Knights in town, and any others who worship our Morninglord or closely allied deities."

He hands her the papers, which are unsealed and easily unfolded and read.

"Will you do this for me?"

If Opened, the Leaflet Reads:
 

If she agrees, he'll say "Thanks. For everything. Dawn's blessings, silent one. I...hope. To see you soon."

He lifts the backpack to his shoulder and walks off, whistling, to Hell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wayneself.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Chastening   

Back to top Go down
 
The Chastening
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Shadowdale-
Jump to: