HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

At Elminsters Tower

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hasbeengoing

PostSubject: At Elminsters Tower   Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:17 pm

Since yesterday there has been a small camp set up at the ruined tower at the end of town. Anyone going to investigate would find an Air Genasi woman staring at the ruined building for hours at a time, as if expecting something to happen with in the near future.
Back to top Go down
CallMeWhatYouWant

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:50 am

The Enchantress Shahnaz approaches the ruined tower and spends considerable time making notes and pacing all about the area. She pauses from time to time to stare inquisitively at the small camp. Every now and then she unfurls a large scroll and scratches a few marks on it.

These visits happen on more than one occasion and those who observe her would likely notice that these are now seem part of her daily routine, along with a general chit chat with the merchants about town.
Back to top Go down
ADM_Specters

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:14 am

A sign is put up granting the Shadowdale Mage's Guild the right to construct a tower close to where the former tower was. It seems to have the signatures of the town Elders and Elminster as well. Though no one has seen the Mage in a long while now.

//this has been approved by SD DM Mirror.
Back to top Go down
CallMeWhatYouWant

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:59 am

The Enchantress Shahnaz, continues her fussing about the ruined Tower.

She would seek to make contact with the woman by the small camp if their paths crossed.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:06 pm

CallMeWhatYouWant wrote:
The Enchantress Shahnaz, continues her fussing about the ruined Tower.

She would seek to make contact with the woman by the small camp if their paths crossed.

*At one of the daily checks you happen to see the woman as she reads a book. She would look to your direction but doesn't make any attempt to call or wave you over.*
Back to top Go down
CallMeWhatYouWant

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:34 am

The Enchantress's eyes narrow as she turns towards the woman. Her head tilts slightly as she notices the woman is reading a book. Pausing briefly, her index finger gently brushing over lower lip several times, she begins to stride over towards the woman, seemingly with purpose.
Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:43 am

The other Air Genasi puts the book down as she approaches and leans against her staff while sitting on the ground.  She speaks to her in Auran.

"Welcome to my camp.  How can this Stormbringer help you?"

She adjusts slightly, turning the staff in place, possibly showing off the metal arcing off of it like lightning.
Back to top Go down
CallMeWhatYouWant

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:31 pm

A slow smile spreads across the Enchantress's face as she hears the words whispered on the wind.

"I have noticed you sitting here the past few days, allow me to introduce myself. I am the Enchantress Shahnaz, White Sage of Shadowdale", she replies in Auran.

"Are you new here?" the Enchantress asks, as she looks down attempting to determine the nature of the book that was being read.

Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:10 pm

"Ah yes, proper introductions." Giving a nod of understanding. "Diviner Jezebel, a Stormbringer. I have been using the common name of Sky with the villagers here. Yes I have been waiting here for the Wizard Elminster. I noticed you have been checking the building as well. Perhaps you wish to meet him too, no?" A smile curls on her lips as she motions to the ground next to the campfire, gesturing her to sit. "The common folk of this village seem convinced he is not here, but I was drawn here by something. What that is, I am uncertain of at this moment."

*The book would be sitting next to an ink well and quill. She may have been writing in it recently*
Back to top Go down
CallMeWhatYouWant

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:33 pm

The Enchantress bows her head briefly, as is her custom when greeting people, before spreading her cloak on the ground and taking a seat. She smiles warmly at Sky, a smile which seems at odds with the coldness in her eyes. "A pleasure to meet you, Diviner Jezebel, or Sky if you prefer".

"Indeed, I have been making measurements around Elminster's ruins, the Town Elders and Elminster himself have signed off on approval for the Mage's Guild to construct a new Tower right here. Though I have not seen the Archmage, the construction has his approval", she points in the direction of the newly erected sign.

"Perhaps it is no coincidence that you were drawn here at the same time that we are preparing for the construction of a Tower for Shadowdale's own Mage's Guild."

Her attention is drawn once again to the book. "You are documenting something?", she asks curiously, raising a brow.
Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:14 am

Sky looks to the book in question, looking it over a moment. "It is my records since I have left home. Nothing that exciting actually, but its worth keeping. So you say he signed off on the selling of his home? One commoner mentioned there was a "Fake Elminster" wandering about." Sky hits her staff on the ground and a small breeze starts for the both of them. She then sets a basket of bread near the center takes some to eat, watching the tower. "Are you concerned if it is the real wizard?"
Back to top Go down
CallMeWhatYouWant

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:51 am

Shahnaz seems to relax slightly as the breeze begins to flow, then looks at the Diviner curiously, "I would have no reason for concern, my dear, to my knowledge the Archmage along with the Town Elders have signed off on the proposal. Though I admit it is not clear if we will be clearing the ruins or building near them. Whilst he has not signed off on the sale of his home, as you put it, he has most certainly approved the construction of the Tower."

The Enchantress pays no attention to bread basket, instead focusing on the conversation, "If there is one thing I have learnt in my time here, it is to never focus on the idle prattlings of commoners. Real or Fake, I have no knowledge of the Archmage making any appearance."

"I myself have been here in Shadowdale some years and as I said, have never seen the Archmage in all that time. In fact I was quite astonished to see his name signed on the proclamation over there," she gestures towards the sign that was recently erected by the Town Elders.

"However, that in itself seems to lend some credence to you theory that the Archmage may be about in some form. You said you have come to wait for him, do you have some reason to expect him to arrive?", she tilts her head and awaits a response.
Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:45 am

Sky looks to Shahnaz with a big smile at her question. "well, this is his residence. I have no reason to expect him here though." She looks to the building again, admiring the ruined tower. "I am not sure I will leave until I speak with him. Until then... Is your guild accepting apprenticeships? I might as well continue my studies while I wait."
Back to top Go down
CallMeWhatYouWant

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:14 pm

"We are always interested in taking apprentices", she says as she begins to rise.

Shahnaz, shakes out her cloak as she turns to Sky, "There are some formalities we must go through however, meet me in the workshop when you have the time. It can be accessed via the General Store, for a small fee. We will discuss our mutual obligations at that time".

Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:42 pm

"Yes... Mutual obligations." Sky goes back to watching the tower idly as the other stands. She doesn't seem like shes going to move in a while.
Back to top Go down
CallMeWhatYouWant

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:06 am

The Enchantress looks back down at the Diviner, as a smile forms in the corner of her mouth. "I am quite sure, I will be seeing a lot more of you", she bows her head briefly and starts to turn to towards the centre of town.
Back to top Go down
CallMeWhatYouWant

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:42 am

For the past several days the area west of town near the lake has been a hive of activity.

Elementals, Golems, and all manner of wizardly activity - construction arcane style has commenced.
Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:17 am

Sky returns to the spot of her old camp. She looks to the burned out tower, then to the busy construction of the new one nearby. She gains a look of insight and a smile as she watches the scene.

"I see now. I was just looking in the wrong spot."

She resets up her small camp, then takes her time setting up a place for the non-magical workers and people to rest and get water. Sky gives up her room at the inn to stay out by the lake again.
Back to top Go down
CallMeWhatYouWant

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:23 am

The White Sage and the Red Mage walk from the General Store to the ruins of the Twisted Tower, where they commence gathering stone blocks and depositing them around the area of Elminster's ruined Tower.

White and Red at the Twisted Tower:

Preparations are made:

Stones are gathered:

Stones are neatly stacked:

More blocks are gathered:

The stone pile gets larger:

Into the night, the stones are continually gathered:

...but Workplace accidents happen, even to Mages:

Wounds are healed, lessons are learnt:

The White Sage, assisted the injured Red to the town campfire, where one of the Ironhouse dwarves took her to the Temple for healing.
Back to top Go down
Dave Fritz

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:01 am

Justin walks by the site. No one else is about, but he looks over what has been done so far. "Preparations are underway. Good." he thinks to himself. "Construction should be beginning soon. I must let the rest of the Guild know that things are finally moving along."
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:35 pm

As promised a while ago a group of dwarven craftsmen arrive at the sight being sent by Thane Valtore to offer their services in construction. They wait as the foreman seeks the head of the order to negotiate the building contract. (Npcs offered for a dm to control for RP building).
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:11 am

The dwarven builders move right to work, following the orders of the mages as they are directed. They do shifts of building, working hard but without exhausting themselves. Seems they're used to this.
Back to top Go down
Dave Fritz

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:47 pm

Justin arrives on-site when he hears of the dwarves' arrival. He approaches the leader.

"Glad to see you fellows. I'm Sage Gray of the Guild. Do you have everything you need? What can I do to make arrangements?"

((( OOC "copy" of a post made in a private forum. Done to allow others in on the RP. Please remove if not appropriate. )))
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:40 pm

The dwarf that seems to be the lead of the team looks Justin over and gives a nod.

"So long as ye got the materials and all tha', jes tell us wha' we're buildin. Be better yet if'n ye provide some blueprint er somethin so we ain't doin this blindly."
Back to top Go down
Dave Fritz

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:23 pm

Justin smiles. "Of course. I'll return shortly with the plans."

He heads off to the temporary Guild headquarters. After rummaging in some of the desk drawers, he returns with a roll of paper.

"Here you are. This should be what you need. Please let me know if anything is missing." he says to the leader as he hands over the roll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: At Elminsters Tower   

Back to top Go down

At Elminsters Tower
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next