Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Protection against the Undead from the North

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Fri May 30, 2014 6:07 am

Ahri would begin her preparations to bolster the defenses of Shadowdale. She had mentioned to Alex Magical Device traps that could be made with the Sunburst spell, that could trigger when the Undead came into the proximity. While she could make these traps fairly easily, they took a great deal of time to make.

Before she would begin crafting them, she would take the time to survey the area outside the Northern Gates, determining how many she would need to craft to cover the perimeter thoroughly. After that should would head back into Shadowdale and begin her work.

She would be seen staying in whatever crafting hall she was at, working on these traps. Each taking at least three days to make, she would be at it for awhile. Between this, her other research projects and her lessons she would only truly have time to sleep rather that do anything else. Anyone who stumbles upon her working would find Ahri either hyper focused on what she was working on...or worn to the bone with exhaustion.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Fri May 30, 2014 6:08 am

Noltem wrote:
Mark's camp that stands on top of the nearest to Shadowdale at Daggerhills seems to have been there for quite a while, Mark only uses it at night.
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Fri May 30, 2014 9:12 am

Catching wind of what Ahri is doing, Bryanna arrives in the crafting hall bringing the mage a hot meal and volunteering to assist if her unskilled hands would be of any use.
Back to top Go down
Sylvver

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Fri May 30, 2014 9:35 am

Kasia continues patrolling through various tunnels of the immediate region (Old Skull Caverns - both the Tor and the Inn, and the Twisted Tower Ruins), making use of the Detect Undead spell to try and sniff out any of attempts to sneak into the town from beneath the ground.

If she hears of Ahri's efforts, she would seek her out to request placement of additional traps within the tunnels, notifying her of her previous findings regarding the undead presence beneath the sands to the north.

While there, she would be happy to offer insight as to what areas can provide better choke points or funnels for any attacking undead army, so that the traps may be placed where they can have greater effect.
Back to top Go down
Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Sat May 31, 2014 12:26 am

Ahri would be more than thankful for the hot meal, and for the aid. She would sit back with a sigh, and look to Bryanna.

"Search around town for anyone that is willing to help shore up the defenses of Shadowdale, and ask them to do what they can to protect the perimeters of the town. The more people who pitch in, the stronger we will be when the Undead decide the bring the hammer down on this place. Probably after they are finished with Freehaven, but they haven't been exactly predictable, so we have to be ready."

Kasia may or may not hear of Ahri's work, but if she does, Ahri would tell her she can only make so many traps with the resources she has, and the more traps she has to make, the longer it will be. Otherwise, Ahri would be happy to let Kasia guide her to where these should be placed. Which Ahri would make note of on a map.
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Sat May 31, 2014 12:38 am

"I'll see what I can do Ahri.. but many of those willing to fight have moved on in recent times or have joined the Zents or have been killed by them. I'm beginning to think the situation dire enough for Shadowdale for me to begin assisting the House of Redemption. I know they're devil worshipers, but they're fighting the undead as well. Just feels like we're trying to hold water in our hands to protect and hold onto Shadowdale with this many enemies around and the Elders out to not provide guidance or assistance."
Back to top Go down
Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Sat May 31, 2014 2:05 am

"If there are only a handful of people willing to aid in the defenses, so be it, but it doesn't hurt to search for others."

She would say with a faint smile, which fades.

"The House of Redemption share a common enemy with us. That does not mean to trust them, but if it becomes necessary, we may need to aid each other in the future. Also, we can watch them closer that way. Some of them are trustworthy, others, not so much. I guess we'll just have to see."

"Perhaps it is trying to hold water, but trying to hold it is better than letting it fall to evil. We are measured by such trials, tested by them. To simply give up, is to fail. The Elders are oddly silent, perhaps busy, or not...hence why we must take the initiative."
Back to top Go down
Eizendur

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Sat May 31, 2014 4:15 am

Elric would drill the knights of the aster posted in shadowdale and hold prayer services at dawn.

Those who join the services or simply watch them would witness the following:

Elric would kneel arms outstretched in the air as if to embrace the morning sun
He chants

Lord of the Morning,
Savior of the Light,
Hear me, I beg.
I kneel before thee,
here in Your Home,
Light on my Face, and Fire in my heart,
I do not Squint looking straight at the the rising sun,
I am not blinded by fear,

Oh Morninglord, show Me Thine Light,
Guide my Stake!
Shine my Path!
Help me Cleanse the Darkness in their Hearts,
So They May See a New Dawn,
For in the Dawn there is Life again,
For in the Dawn beauty reigns
And the Way is clearer,
for it dispels uncertainty,
fostering the hope of renewal.
It quells fear and its darkness recoils;
For the Morninglord's radiance has come home once more.
Back to top Go down
Dawizahr

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Sat May 31, 2014 6:23 pm

Imesah can be seen at Elric's services when she is around. She also offers her help with the construction of traps for Ahri. If other small tasks that can be done by an unskilled laborer are being done Imesah pitches in. Throughout her work she is very quiet; speaking little.
Back to top Go down
CallMeWhatYouWant

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Sat May 31, 2014 10:27 pm

The Enchantress Shahnaz can be see making an inspection of the Northern Wall.

She keeps to herself and at times makes notes, occasionally nodding or tsking with a shake of her head at the defenses.
Back to top Go down
Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:35 am

When Imesah approaches Ahri, she would be quite glad to have the help of the Abbess.

"If you can find anyone who can lay down mechanical traps that unleash a divine burst of energy. Tell them to make as many as they can and lay them about on the perimeter. Where people don't walk though, mechanical traps cannot tell the difference between Undead and a normal person, so extra caution must be taken. Also, if you can, consecrate water, and give it to the guards. Holy Water can be devestating to lesser undead, and weaken stronger undead."

She would sigh and her shoulders would sag, the work was really weighing down on her.

"Thank you for your help, Imesah...Shadowdale needs every effort."
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:09 am

Bryanna perks up hearing about the holy water. "Ahri, the Lord Firemane does enable me to consecrate water. I can do that for you if there's a need?"
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:14 am

For those that bother looking, Mark is seen carrying a box of bombs to his camp.
Back to top Go down
Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:51 pm

Ahri would nod at Bryanna.

"Yes, do so, and give it to the guards. The more holy water we have against the undead, the better."

She would smile and continue her own work, the days wearing on.
Back to top Go down
Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:11 pm

Ahri continues her work on the traps, spending at least 8 hours a day on creating them. They required a fair number of resources, but such would be worth the safety of Shadowdale. Perhaps the Undead would think twice before attacking the Northern Gates again after this.

One could hope...
Back to top Go down
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:05 pm

Ranya brings Drink and food to Ahri from time to time, once when stopping by he leaves several Holy Traps of Deadly Strength and a few more Strong traps he has gathered, Comenting that he can neither craft or place such bit will bring any that he finds and gathers.
Back to top Go down
Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:06 pm

Ahri would be thankful for the drink and food. Seeing the traps he brought, she would ask if he knew anyone who could set them, as she couldn't set the mechanical traps herself, not without running the risk of seriously injuring herself.
Back to top Go down
Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:42 pm

Finally having the Sunburst Magical traps nearly completed, Ahri gets ready to set them. She also has a crate of bombs and holy water to deliver to the Militia to arm them against the undead.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:25 pm

Ranya would speak with Ahri and explain That Karan has agreed to set Holy Traps if she is told where and when, she also would try building more but needs The Holy water and some mechanical parts.
Back to top Go down
Thelight1

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:23 am

Ahri has set the Sunburst Magical Device traps in the Northern vales. They would provide at least a slight buffer against the undead should they come.
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:59 am

Thelight1 wrote:
Ahri continues her work on the traps, spending at least 8 hours a day on creating them. They required a fair number of resources, but such would be worth the safety of Shadowdale. Perhaps the Undead would think twice before attacking the Northern Gates again after this.

One could hope...

((Done IG and overseen by myself))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Protection against the Undead from the North   

Back to top Go down

Protection against the Undead from the North
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1