Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Panic in Freehaven

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:58 am

jalmynar wrote:
Having fully charged his rods and wands Valtore returns to Free Haven after helping the small group of people leave. He's gathered a large catch of Holy Water Bombs, as well as gotten a number of Santuary potions ready. He once more goes out to see if he can gather a group of people who wish to leave town as the undead threat grows. He focues on the children and the non-combative people who would get hurt if a fight breaks out. He also keeps an eye out for any friendly faces that might be able to help him protect the people when they decide to leave.

There are some Freehaven citizens who wish to leave, though they are quite clueless where they should go.
Many are unwilling to move to the tyranny they heard about in Myth Drannor, nor are most of them willing to move to Shadowdale, of wich they havent heard much good either.

Zaroak wrote:
Celovar would be seen in Free Haven often, if he bumps into Valtore he would offer his assistance and make mention he is looking for elves, maybe slaves to get out if there are any.

As far as Celovar would learn, almost no elves remain in Freehaven save the Drow that recently arrived.
There is talk about some elven pleasure slaves being held somewhere in the City.

Back to top Go down
jalmynar

avatar

Posts : 2148
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 41
Location : somewhere not normal

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:47 am

DM Carbuncle wrote:

There are some Freehaven citizens who wish to leave, though they are quite clueless where they should go.
Many are unwilling to move to the tyranny they heard about in Myth Drannor, nor are most of them willing to move to Shadowdale, of wich they havent heard much good either.

Valtore would offer to pay passage to any of the other Dales they may wish to go, he can explain a bit of what he knows of each (Lore 85). He also points out that going somewhere new and starting fresh may be a bit daunting, but becoming an undead minion is a possible out come if they decide to stay. Then again they may just be eaten by ghouls.
Back to top Go down
Dragon_tears

avatar

Posts : 428
Join date : 2013-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:19 am

Laura had been waiting patiently for a chance to venture into Freehaven. It wasn't a trip for her to go alone, and she was waiting for an escort. She had spoken to Mark, and to Alexander, and even Roman had offered, but upon one of her secretive trips into the depths of the dark alleys of Freehaven to hand out food she could not help but notice the panic.

With a bit of courage, and perhaps a lot of stupidity. Laura crept out of the hungry alleys and into the more crowded streets to inform the people.

((I will be posting a separate thread on the evacuation Laura was ordered to do to keep the clutter out of this thread.))


Back to top Go down
jalmynar

avatar

Posts : 2148
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 41
Location : somewhere not normal

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:26 am

Valtore speaks of setting up a caravan to Scarsdale for those who wish to leave. He hopes that he will be able to get the people out of harms way, while giving them a differant option then to stay and ply their trades here.
Back to top Go down
Manbear

avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:49 am

As the sun sets and night falls over the dales, two figures depart a caravan on the Eastern outskirts of Shadowdale. One of the men clad in dark heavy mail lets out a grunt of disgust. The other man dressed in fine robes of brilliant red turns towards him and speaks softly, "I know, it does seem we just left this backwater town and these backwards people. Our business however, takes us elsewhere." He says as he motions subtly to the road North. "Though I don't expect Freehaven to be much of an improvement over this town." Without another word the two head North towards the troubled town of Freehaven without further discussion or detour.

As the two approach Freehaven they pause only a moment to gaze across the hills towards the once ruined castle in the distance. The man in red leans in and whispers in the ear of the other. The armored man nods and without a word marches off towards the militia barracks while the man in red slowly and deliberately walks into the depths of the town towards the Thayan enclave.

Inside the enclave the man in red turns towards the first guard he approaches and speaks in a low cold voice, "I am Magus Ruslan Voldar returning from Thay Mount. I would have words with the Khazark. Do not make me wait..."
Back to top Go down
Rickshaw

avatar

Posts : 478
Join date : 2013-09-28
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:56 am

From her place at fire near the bridge to the Thayan enclave, a woman swathed in elaborate frost-rimed red robes and mask observes Ruslan's path and rises to follow. She lets her fellow mage speak his piece before gesturing to the same guard. "You may inform the Khazark that Lady Ravet also requires an audience... When my colleague's -" She nods respectfully to Ruslan. "business is complete, of course."
Back to top Go down
ShinigamiGod

avatar

Posts : 547
Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 am

While fear continies to spread through Free haven , Sandra usually can be seen either guarding the settlement outside at night or sitting in the Trade outpost during the daylight.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Fri May 23, 2014 3:54 pm

as word spreads among the citizens of Freehaven of gigantic undead Lizards now Stalking the Hills..

serveral so far persistant Freehaveners, finally start packing, having had enough. They would seek out Valtore who had offered Transportation to some places.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

avatar

Posts : 2148
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 41
Location : somewhere not normal

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Fri May 23, 2014 4:15 pm

Valtore attempts to gather a group for a trip out of the area. He has potions of haste, greater sanctuary, and invisibility as well as many vials of epic holy water. His goal is to get them to Rimwood where they can then take wagons to Shadowdale, Myth Drannor or one of the other Dales. He makes sure women and children get first chance to leave.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Fri May 23, 2014 4:20 pm

All in all about one score of People want to leave the trading settlement. Four of them children.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:44 am

The work on the aboveground fortifications seems to be proceeding well. The Fiery Eagle Mercenaries that were hired a few tendays ago by the Waukeenar priest to bolster the Settlements defences, have done a good Job of keeping the few token attacks the undead attempted at bay. The Captain of the Militia seems confident to have all under control now.

The atmosphere of panic has somewhat calmed down. Those that were the most afraid have left the Settlement when the dwarf Valtore offered them transportation. Many are still anxious, but some dont think that the Undead would really attack anymore.

A Group of Dueargar is constantly seen entering the Hall of Coins and staying there for hours.

While the Red Wizards now regualary meet with delegates of Szith Morcaine and twenty drow soldiers stand ready at the Underdark Trade Emporium, to aid the settlement in case of any attacks after some agreements have been made.

"Maybe they are content with what they got, that castle and what not. Hey maybe we can even open a trade dialogue with them.
We trade with Drow, why not with some stinking corpses..?" someone could be heard talking over a tankard of ale in the Bastard Sword.

Only the Gnome Sparklesnatcher, who left on his boat the other night, not to be seen yet again, seemed to have had a different opinion when he shouted "ye are all doomed"...
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

avatar

Posts : 2148
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 41
Location : somewhere not normal

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:39 am

Valtore once more returns to Free Haven. He goes to the tavern and seems to be talking to the verious dancing girls. He talks about offering them a well paying job that would not require them to do more then dancing, and it would make sure they are well cared for. If need be he talks to thier "empoyers" and offers a large sum to pay out any "contracts" they have. He looks to be hiring five or so such skilled entertainers.

He once more makes a few rounds offering to help folk leave town, but only half hearted as most seem content to be turned into the walking dead. And parentless children he stumbles upon he tries much harder to talk into joining him when he leaves town.

**wears his fancy cloak so Charisma is at 12/uses gold to try and overcome social ineptiude**
Back to top Go down
krampsburglar

avatar

Posts : 431
Join date : 2011-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:46 pm

The Nameless One (ssycho) would be frequenting Freehaven regularly to sell any goods that can still be sold. He would be noticing the general conditons and listening to what is being said around town.
Back to top Go down
AsuraKing

avatar

Posts : 3046
Join date : 2011-02-27
Age : 25
Location : Look closely at your shadow, you might just see me there!... If not listen for the clanking!

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:04 pm

Hector can be seen wandering Freehaven during the day, he moves between shops and the craft hall giving his usual silent stare down to anyone that approaches him.
Back to top Go down
FFSDave

avatar

Posts : 1175
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 32
Location : Eugene, Oregon

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:20 pm

A hulking figure emerges from the darkness below followed closely behind by a shuffling little one. The beasts eyes are a blaze with insanity, demented from the disease coursing through his veins*.  He gestures the slave with a directional thrust of his arm and the goblin scampers off, doing his masters bidding.  The chief sits by the fire and waits, he has heard the rumor of the long forgotten wasteland lizards that have now risen from the crypt.  A great hunt awaits and the plague bearer will not miss his chance to claim a new trophy.

* [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Eizendur

avatar

Posts : 919
Join date : 2014-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:41 am

// Are there still slaves in the thayan market? //
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:55 am

jalmynar wrote:
Valtore once more returns to Free Haven. He goes to the tavern and seems to be talking to the verious dancing girls. He talks about offering them a well paying job that would not require them to do more then dancing, and it would make sure they are well cared for. If need be he talks to thier "empoyers" and offers a large sum to pay out any "contracts" they have. He looks to be hiring five or so such skilled entertainers.

He once more makes a few rounds offering to help folk leave town, but only half hearted as most seem content to be turned into the walking dead. And parentless children he stumbles upon he tries much harder to talk into joining him when he leaves town.

**wears his fancy cloak so Charisma is at 12/uses gold to try and overcome social ineptiude**

a number of dancers would be interested in joining Valtore if the pay was good.

two of them would be slaves though. The owner does Show interest in selling them though.

There dont seem to be any parentless children around.

6 more Freehaven cititzens however, Show interest in leaving the town.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:59 am

Eizendur wrote:
// Are there still slaves in the thayan market? //

the slave trade has currently come to almost a stand still.. Slave traders are complaining that it has become to hard for them to transport their goods to the market. The overland route being to dangerous to transport such valuable cargoes.

The most safest route currently remains, ironically, the Underdark.
The Drow Keep the route to Freehaven relativly safe and open to trade.

Most of the current trade going on is now with those entering fromt the Underdark, with a few exceptions of those who brave the overland route.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

avatar

Posts : 2148
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 41
Location : somewhere not normal

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:00 am

Valtore would pay whatever the asking was for the two slaves and attempts to gather the rest to leave town. He seeks out Celovar to help him guard them as they make thier way to Rimwood. Where those wishing work will get good paying jobs, while those wishing to travel on will have arrangements made so they can go where they wish.
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

avatar

Posts : 2077
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 28
Location : Monroe, Mi

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Once Valtore sends word to Celovar he packs his bags with extra food and water skins. He checks all of his blades, wands, scrolls and other equipment and makes his way to Free Haven to meet up with Valtore. Before leaving he utters a few words:

"So the time has come"
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

avatar

Posts : 2148
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 41
Location : somewhere not normal

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:01 pm

Once Celovar arrives Valtore once more attempts to locate those elven pleasure slaves (using gold to loosen lips) as the group they are escorting gets ready under Celovar's watch. He also sends word to Aly the spear weilding elf.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:56 pm

after talking to numerous dancers he would leard that the Homuncullus is reported to own at least two elven pleasure slaves, importet from Calimshan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   

Back to top Go down
 
Panic in Freehaven
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Panic and addiction... (scion/celeste/anise/whoever)
» Graffiti Panic!
» Freehaven
» The wounded Drowess enters Freehaven
» Royal Navy Artillery Volunteer

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Freehaven, Castle Krag, Dwarves and All Other Areas-
Jump to: