Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Panic in Freehaven

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jalmynar

avatar

Posts : 2176
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 41
Location : somewhere not normal

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:13 am

Valtore on his monthly trip to the Free Haven brothal (the non-slave one) would offer to bring his usual two companions to Rimwood and away from Free Haven until it would be safe to return. With a little bit of urging he would extend the offer to their friends or family that want to get out of the threatened town. He would use wands of dismissal on everyone before leaving.
Back to top Go down
Oilime

avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2014-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:48 am

Leander Fleau arrives shortly after Arila, using his cloak to cover up the symbol of Kelemvor on his chest. He keeps his head down low, and does his best to mind his own business. He pays for a room right next to that of Arila. He spends the first few hours of his time in Freehaven blessing the room to rid it of any... Unsavory remains...

He then simply sits on his bed with crossed arms and awaits her return, hoping to be notified of it from the closing of the room door.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:56 am

Queen Nothing wrote:
Arila Hekate arrives in Free Haven, though she does not seem too concerned with the undead -- just yet, anyway. She rents out a room at a local inn for a tenday, and then wanders about the town, simply observing.

Arila spends the better part of the day observing the commoners: getting a sense for morale, what state their defences are in, and just what their current needs may be.

Arila would notice that the atmosphere in Freehaven These days is very tense, some merchants are considering leaving and following those that already left.

The Militia do their best to build some defenses but they are totally undermanned to be any Kind of threat to an army.

Talk is on the street that the best defense is the Underground Location and that the undead would first Need to pass the bottleneck tunnel.. where even a small number could defend against them.

The Red Wizards have stationed four Golems in the entrance tunnel already and the militia are building barricades there as well.

The young surviving and remaining priests of the Waukeen temple have decided to spend considerable sums in buying more equipment for the improvements of the defenses. Most of them are busy producing holy water for the defenders to use against the undead.

The newly appointed Khazark of the Enclave, who was chosen by the other wizards while the original Khazark is still missing, has declared that the wizards are already working on a solution to the Problem.
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

avatar

Posts : 2077
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 28
Location : Monroe, Mi

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:09 pm

Upon noticing the large massing of undead Celovar makes his way into Free Haven once more looking for any elves or elven slaves. 
Back to top Go down
CallMeWhatYouWant

avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2011-07-24
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:42 pm

A hooded figure in a black robe sets up a small camp east of the Castle.

The figure alternates between periods of sitting in the camp, with small patrols of the area observing all it can from the Ethereal Plane, while having True Seeing cast.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Zaroak wrote:
Upon noticing the large massing of undead Celovar makes his way into Free Haven once more looking for any elves or elven slaves. 

Celovar wouldnt find any elf slaves in Freehaven at the moment, at least none that are openly seen or known.
Also very few elven travellers are at the trading outpost currently.

He would notice however, hooded and fully armored Drow guarding a compound near the Red Wizard Enclave.
Back to top Go down
CallMeWhatYouWant

avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2011-07-24
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:05 am

If the hooded figure was able to approach the south eastern hills near the Castle walking through the Ethereal Plane, it would stop to observe all it could from this vantage point.

If it was safe to do so, at some point the figure would leave the ethereal plane and pitch a tent, entering the tent for a time before re-entering the Ethereal plane and leaving the tent again.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If at any point the figure was threatened with discovery by the undead, it would depart the area if able.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:28 am

As the Camp is quite close to the Castle. The hooded figure would one Night find her camp surrounded.
Incorpereal wraiths, spectres and shadows rise out of the ground and encircle the campsite.
Serveral Nightwalkers would come walking towards the Camp as well.
Back to top Go down
CallMeWhatYouWant

avatar

Posts : 462
Join date : 2011-07-24
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:06 am

The hooded figure would take stock of the situation seeing itself surrounded, with Nightwalkers on the way.

According to the previous lore studied by the figure, the incorporeal creatures, who exist on the Material Plane, should not be able to effect someone who is not on the Material Plane. Hoping its scholarly pursuits paid off, and the information was correct, the figure would not panic and would slip into the Ethereal Plane, continuing to observe the behaviour of the incorporeal creatures while attempting to make a getaway by fleeing across the desert through the Ethereal Plane.

If the getaway was successful, the figure would take stock of any observations made during the the time camped, making considerable notes.

The tent and it's contents would be abandoned.


Last edited by CallMeWhatYouWant on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vladadier



Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-12-25
Age : 32
Location : new york

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:07 pm

The masked figure known as Mist (Vryklakaas) enters the hills during the day while invisible, hasted, and with see invis up. He does not engage anyone or anything that he sees. He watches, taking down notes. Mostly watching the leaders of the groups. Making note of the visible number. He stays for a few hours past sunset to watch the "Changing of the guards".
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

avatar

Posts : 2077
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 28
Location : Monroe, Mi

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:15 pm

DM Carbuncle wrote:
Zaroak wrote:
Upon noticing the large massing of undead Celovar makes his way into Free Haven once more looking for any elves or elven slaves. 

Celovar wouldnt find any elf slaves in Freehaven at the moment, at least none that are openly seen or known.
Also very few elven travellers are at the trading outpost currently.

He would notice however, hooded and fully armored Drow guarding a compound near the Red Wizard Enclave.
Celovar cracks his neck making his way toward the area. On the way over he casually loosens the straps carrying his blades in case they need to be drawn. Once he makes his way to the drow in front of the compound he speaks. 

If your red wizards wish to make it out of here alive, I suggest they put up something to trade. Elven slaves if they have them might earn them a trip to Dranor to avoid the massacre that is about to happen. Once there I am not sure what will happen to them, but here things are going to get messy here and they might not make it out alive.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:35 pm

CallMeWhatYouWant wrote:


If the getaway was successful, the figure would take stock of any observations made during the the time camped, making considerable notes.

The tent and it's contents would be abandoned.

the figure would manage to slip into the ethereal in time, though the Nightwalker would follow her with his gaze as she floats away.

vladadier wrote:
The masked figure known as Mist (Vryklakaas) enters the hills during the day while  invisible, hasted, and with see invis up. He does not engage anyone or anything that he sees. He watches, taking down notes. Mostly watching the leaders of the groups. Making note of the visible number. He stays for a few hours past sunset to watch the "Changing of the guards".

Mist would notice groups of Skeletons, some of them aflame, led by armored Knights during the day and at night he would notice a lot of incorpereal creatues floating around.. as soon as a Nightwalkers approaches he would notice that they can see him and would move to intercept him.
Back to top Go down
vladadier



Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-12-25
Age : 32
Location : new york

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:34 pm

As Mist spots the approaching Nightwalkers, he might be heard to say "Seems the nights research has come to a close." At which point he would make his retreat.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

avatar

Posts : 2176
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 41
Location : somewhere not normal

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:50 am

Valtore finishes up gathering those who wish to leave Free Haven. Paying of debts if needed and buying travel supplies. If he can purchase rides in the coach for them all he would as that is the quickest route. At first he might have focused on a few people, but in short order he tries to get the elderly and children and any others whom he can out of harms way. If the red wizards or drow attempt to interfere he would explain "Get them easy ta kill out of tha way so tha deadites don't have more easy "recruits" ta add ta their army. Let me take 'em outta here."
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:00 am

Zaroak wrote:
DM Carbuncle wrote:
Zaroak wrote:
Upon noticing the large massing of undead Celovar makes his way into Free Haven once more looking for any elves or elven slaves. 

Celovar wouldnt find any elf slaves in Freehaven at the moment, at least none that are openly seen or known.
Also very few elven travellers are at the trading outpost currently.

He would notice however, hooded and fully armored Drow guarding a compound near the Red Wizard Enclave.
Celovar cracks his neck making his way toward the area. On the way over he casually loosens the straps carrying his blades in case they need to be drawn. Once he makes his way to the drow in front of the compound he speaks. 

If your red wizards wish to make it out of here alive, I suggest they put up something to trade. Elven slaves if they have them might earn them a trip to Dranor to avoid the massacre that is about to happen. Once there I am not sure what will happen to them, but here things are going to get messy here and they might not make it out alive.

the hooded guard would respond in slightly accented elfish "Darthiri, your senses are obviously dulled by your time spend dancing and drinking all the time, if you seek the Red Wizards you should go to the Enclace over here. Do i look like a Red Wizard?" The other drow guard would snicker.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:04 am

jalmynar wrote:
Valtore finishes up gathering those who wish to leave Free Haven. Paying of debts if needed and buying travel supplies. If he can purchase rides in the coach for them all he would as that is the quickest route. At first he might have focused on a few people, but in short order he tries to get the elderly and children and any others whom he can out of harms way. If the red wizards or drow attempt to interfere he would explain "Get them easy ta kill out of tha way so tha deadites don't have more easy "recruits" ta add ta their army. Let me take 'em outta here."

Natalya could only tranport 6 People at a time and she is more and more reluctant to make the ride.
"Its getting harder to avoid them Undead" she says.

There are serveral citizens who wish to leave Freehaven and are happy to accept Valtores offer. Most are not willing to leave just yet though.
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

avatar

Posts : 2105
Join date : 2009-03-08
Age : 43
Location : guess

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:33 am

blue would show up ethereal from time to time staying at a distance watching the undead trying to watch for movements patterns who the leads were in each group patrolling the hills around the castle..

he would look for anything he could potentially use.. if he is spotted he flees the area and doesn't come back for some time..

if he isn't spotted he stays as long as he feels comfortable then leaves not to return for some time..

he never engages in battle or lets them gets close enough to him he just watches and studies gathering information and so forth then leaves..
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

avatar

Posts : 2176
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 41
Location : somewhere not normal

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:32 am

DM Carbuncle wrote:
jalmynar wrote:
Valtore finishes up gathering those who wish to leave Free Haven. Paying of debts if needed and buying travel supplies. If he can purchase rides in the coach for them all he would as that is the quickest route. At first he might have focused on a few people, but in short order he tries to get the elderly and children and any others whom he can out of harms way. If the red wizards or drow attempt to interfere he would explain "Get them easy ta kill out of tha way so tha deadites don't have more easy "recruits" ta add ta their army. Let me take 'em outta here."

Natalya could only tranport 6 People at a time and she is more and more reluctant to make the ride.
"Its getting harder to avoid them Undead" she says.

There are serveral citizens who wish to leave Freehaven and are happy to accept Valtores offer. Most are not willing to leave just yet though.

Valtore would offer extra gold to hire guards for the caravan or to give her wands of haste for the horses. He would ask that she take the elderly and very young to Shadowdale. Valtore offers to escort any that don't have a seat on the caravan himself. Handing out potions of sanctuary tobe used in case of undead. He offers to help those who want to leave help traveling on to other dales or Cormyr. He doesn't try to force anyone to leave but tries to help those he can.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:23 pm

with so many people suddenly skulking around the hills and the undead having noticed serveral of them..

Those coming to the hills would now find Undead groups on all hills surrounding the Castle, in view of each other. Each group contains Skeletons and armored Knights as well as some sort of Mummies and also to the astonishment of some, Nightwalkers, event at Daytime.

Anyone now approaching Ethereal or Invisibile would be detected by these groups and intercepted.

The Undead set up clear guard perimeters and increase their patrols.
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

avatar

Posts : 2077
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 28
Location : Monroe, Mi

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:03 pm

Celovar gives a glaring look to the figure before making his way toward and if not stopped into the Embassy. If successful in entering he walks past the front desk asking for the one in charge of slaves offering a proposition. 
Back to top Go down
Ticladesign

avatar

Posts : 1943
Join date : 2011-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:52 pm

Meanwhile, in Freehaven

Carefully slipping through the many refugees in the Freehaven hollow, a slavegirl makes haste to the building where the Waukeen Priest Magistrates hold their meetings. She slips through the door, and hides behind the courner of a hallway while in the distance voices are heard of the Waukeen Magistrates.

Tiçla's green eyes peer across the hallway. She keeps hidden, but sticks her head out to see if the Magistrates would be leaving allready. She only needs one of them.. Just one Magistrate to talk too! Sounds are heared. Footsteps of a guard! With fear in her eyes Ticla sinks back into that dark courner where she hid. A well trained guard armed with a finely ornamented Longsword passed by. But he didn't look into that dark courner.

Gods be praised. Ticla whispered a soft prayer to Illmater in gratitude.

More voices heared. The meeting of the Waukeen Magistrates was over. This was her time. Some left in a group of three. Gods no.. she dared not to face more than one of them. But there, one came out wearing an expensive green Toga of a Waukeen Magistrate. Perhaps he would listnen to her urgent plea?



"Milord, I beg of you a moment of your attention!" With these words softly spoken, Ticla leaps foreward to him, and she explains how the situation of the food supply In Freehaven could become critical with all these refugees present. How would she distribute the food between the Citizens and Refugees, and what of the Slave population? The Dancing humonculus alone could not house, or feed all these people now present in Freehaven.

"With respect Milord, tell me what must be done."



((edited a few things based on current FH lore:

- Magistrates are Waukeen (priest) Magistrates who handle Food distribution
- Ticla's main plea is to ask how to distribute food among the Refugees and Citizens, and now the Undead army causes food shortage, who is to be put on rations and who not.

Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:13 pm

Ticla would manage to meet Investor Tellin, a young Waukeenar priest that is in charge since the Holycoin and Spender both have been found dead.

He would be accompanied by two mercenary guards and look startled as the former slave approaches him

he would dismiss her worries "With the trade routes to the Underdark still open we dont have any foodshortage, we already have made suitable agreements with the underdark to guarantee food for all citizens. Our main concern is safety and defense now"
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

avatar

Posts : 2176
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 41
Location : somewhere not normal

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:00 am

Having fully charged his rods and wands Valtore returns to Free Haven after helping the small group of people leave. He's gathered a large catch of Holy Water Bombs, as well as gotten a number of Santuary potions ready. He once more goes out to see if he can gather a group of people who wish to leave town as the undead threat grows. He focues on the children and the non-combative people who would get hurt if a fight breaks out. He also keeps an eye out for any friendly faces that might be able to help him protect the people when they decide to leave.
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

avatar

Posts : 2077
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 28
Location : Monroe, Mi

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:07 am

Celovar would be seen in Free Haven often, if he bumps into Valtore he would offer his assistance and make mention he is looking for elves, maybe slaves to get out if there are any.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

avatar

Posts : 2176
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 41
Location : somewhere not normal

PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:19 am

Valtore would accept Celovar's help and also seek out any elf around town he can while looking for children and others to rescue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Panic in Freehaven   

Back to top Go down
 
Panic in Freehaven
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Panic and addiction... (scion/celeste/anise/whoever)
» Graffiti Panic!
» Freehaven
» The wounded Drowess enters Freehaven
» Tekirai's Ficcy Funtime Fanfic Panic Bonanza

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Freehaven, Castle Krag, Dwarves and All Other Areas-
Jump to: