Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The Plague

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: The Plague   Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:15 pm

( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )




Oyo wrote:
The Shaman follows druidess into the city to buy more jars, it has been long time since a shaman and a druid would join together to protect these lands. "I do not have a weapon with positive energy damage, but I can channel such energy through curing spells. This task will not be easy, if we need to burn down forest and its life so we can regrow it again." Shaman buys the jars and shares them with Ravossel. "I hope we do not have to slay many animals or destroy many plants, because it can heavily change ecosystem, and not to mention the chaos that would appear in spirit world." When nearing the Shadowdale Woods, the Shaman skin would cover itself in oak, making him immune to the poisons and diseases. "Here we are." (since we left the grove I suggest we move to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])








Aidan Airna wrote:
*Ravossel sights with a hint of dred*  if it's the same plague that stuck this land is the same one from two years ago our Divine gifts will not work on it, such spell like a healing spell only made it spred faster.

*While in town Ravossel by two small spade shovels, so that they do't even touch the samples. Along with some more paper, charcol sticks, and a can of bright red paint.*

*has they start to head out of town.*
If any animal it's severing from this plague, *sighs very heavly* it'll be more humane to put them to rest.  
If we find any tainted places, mark it well with painted sticks, *holds up the can of paint* and mark it on the map. It's easer to find laiter on.

*when he dus is bark thinking, Ravossel turns her skin into stone. Then motions for him to take the lead.*
Lets start with the nother part of shadowdale and take four northern samples.
Back to top Go down
Rickshaw

avatar

Posts : 478
Join date : 2013-09-28
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Sharis, having been lounging (At least so much as the uptight mage ever can) by the fountain, nose buried in the pages of a tome, takes note of the pair entering the town, she follows them at a discreet distance and takes note of their purchases, smirking faintly. Recalling what she was told of Ravossel's concerns for the land she mumbles to herself.

"Well, this ought to prove a satisfactory diversion if nothing else."

Cloaking herself in an invisibility spell, she continues to follow the pair, determined to sate her curiosity and learn something of this blight.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:13 am

Lyon takes half of the tools and equipment they got from the Shadowdale City and moves with Ravossel to the northern parts of Shadowdale. Already having his own small shovel, Leo starts gathering the samples in the four jars from the tainted ground. As the ground was tainted and it should be marked, after Lyon Shaman finishes filling up the jars and closing them, he opens the can with red paint and dives one of the wooden sticks Ravossle bought. Once the stick is painted in red, Lyon pulls it out from the can and plants it at the tainted spot, then opens his map, and having few drops of red pain on his finger, with it he marks the tainted spot on the map. "It is possible that this taint reaches beyond the flesh. We need to pay attention to the hostile spirits, there were those who assaulted my kin." Lyon's eyes shimmer in light for a moment, as he activates detect spirits with short chant on elven and scans the ground. He grabs a wooden object from his belt and points it in a random direction in case his eyes are not enough. The wooden object is marked with a tribal symbol that glows as long the shaman is detecting the spirits. The wooden object would tremble if any spirit is within the range of detection. If the place is at peace the shaman would grab the equipment and suggest Ravossel to move to next spot.
Back to top Go down
Tanya

avatar

Posts : 911
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:18 am

Maya leaves druid's grove with collected vervain and barries that Lhanir left for her. She meets with Leo and Ravossel, appears to wearing her gardening gear, but in Maya's case you could never be sure what she wears and for what purpose, did she come to save world from blight or to fall in love with the blighter and seduce him with her way too much opened "gardening" gear. It's not secret that she falls often on dark guys. She will of course start conversation by yelling at Leo: "Leo! Put that wood away before you take Ravossel's eye out!" She then opens up [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and as she reads she pretends to be smart and to think about the formula, while in her head mushrooms are getting married. Once she snaps out of it, she continues conversation: "See, Leo me and Lhanir are friends again, and unlike you who was unable to find druids around, I used my natural talents to do that (bumped on Lhanir by pure luck) and now we have Circle's help. We need to gather now ... dragon's blood. Can anyone get those? It is best if druid does that I think, and as soon you separate bark from tree you need to keep it out of sun. I need to find Julia and Cleo and Nadin to share this formula with them, I hope it will work. It proved very useful last time when magic could not heal and restore, to fight the blight off naturally without magic. We got blackthorn berries and vervain, Lhanir took care of that. That means after dragon's blood we need echinacea only and then we can start making the blight killer." Maya sounds very bossy, it is very important for her to be in the center of attention and the main head of operation. "Did anyone discover the source of taint? I really hope it is not one of those seeds that can eat people when they grow out of the ground!"
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:00 am

* Affter the Jars are sealed, Ravossel paints on the LSD of the jars " E-SD-wood-taint ". While the paint can is open Ravossel per-paints a number of sticks that are about four feat long. After wards she marks on her map of shadowdale wood with a charcoal stick were this taint is located. *

*Ravossel leads Leo to the eastern part of shadowdale wood. As they travel there Ravossel marks any taint she, Leo, or Maya spots, and then places a mark on her map to were the newly marched taint is.*

*when Maya runs into them on there way to the eastern part of shadowdale wood. Ravossel smiles and waves.*

Maya do you wsh to tell Leo about the fight with Mark? *shrugus* it's realy up to you. *posses in thought* As for this Dragon's blood are you talking about the fruit, or the plant? With eather one I can easy help out with.

*Ravossel seems to be only half leasing as both of her eye are pretty much focused were she is stepping, and looking out for more taint.*
Back to top Go down
Tanya

avatar

Posts : 911
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:52 pm

Maya nods to Ravossel: "Yes of course Ravy, I am going to tell Leo how Mark wanted to kill Cleo again but there are worst things than the Sharkomancer Lord right now. I already posted on the board in Myth Drannor about Mark's actions. And about dragon's blood, it is an evergreen palm tree and we need its bark. When you remove the bark you need to keep it out of sun or it will lose its potency. It can be dried out but we don't need it in that shape. It is rare tree so it is best if druid collects its bark and does the unnoticeable damage, and probably heal the trees after. There should be few in the snake forest, but they are risky because taint is present there." Maya then takes out her hand mirror and checks herself out. Then she comes to her brother Leo to help him carry the equipment: "Let me help you with this brother." She only takes one empty jar, making insignificant difference to his weight.
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:40 pm

*nods* this truth that there are wors things to wory abut *posses for a moment* can the deals realy stand to loos a highly skilled cleric like Cleo? *posses for a moment* As for the evergreen palm tree I'll look around in Lurue's glade for such a tree, and of one is not found I'll just look more south ward till one is found... May you do know I'm a Druid right . . . .?

*As they talk Ravossel keep here eyes open for any sighs of this tain*
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:07 pm

Leo was not pleased at all to hear that once again Mark wanted to spill the blood of Lathander's priest. "We need to deal with Mark as soon as possible, he himself is a taint that harms the lives of innocent beings. But right now we need to focus at the task at hand. When I have free time, I will hunt for Mark, and try to end him as painless as I can or die trying. He was threatening me to burn our entire forest and slay all my family if we ever kill a fetus of any being, including monsters that destroy our lives. He thinks himself a god, you either worship him and do what he says or he strikes you down from behind, or he does so because you are annoying. Exactly what a Zhentarim would do. Not even day passed and he went after Cleo already? I have been letting him go but now he left me no choice. I will not let him inflict pain to my friends, to my family and to good and innocent people. He made his choice when he sided with drow. And he was given chances he never deserved. Even I have my limits. But right now we need to deal with the plague."
Back to top Go down
Serebane

avatar

Posts : 1047
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 103

PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:02 pm

Every so often Lhanir would be spotted in the distance while they traversed the wilds, her own attention fixated on finding any other sources of the supposed taint with all the readiness she could muster to eliminate or remove it. Her lips moved gently, silently mouthing what was likely a slowly spoken prayer.
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:39 am



After Leo's comet Ravossel pretty much drops it. Knowing that Leo now knows. But some thing that Leo said is not sitting well with her. Ravossel remains quite for now she leads the group to the eastern part of shadowdale woods.

When/if Ravossel spots Lhanir, she darts over to her, and shows Lhanir on the map of Shadowdale wood were the taint can be found. ( if the group did find any at all.)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:15 am

Days passed since the collecting taint and marking spots on the map started. Now it is at the end. Leo closes the last jar of gathered content and marks the spot on the map. "We have 16 jars filled and sealed."

OOC: Would be nice that DM who told us to start this forum RP shows up sometime. Or someone else to step in as replacement. We are RPing blindly 10 days now in 4 topics. Otherwise I suggest that players deal with event alone, just like in past when DM quits what starts. No offense. (Don't know who exactly but I was told this was started by a new ADM)
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:58 pm

Oyo wrote:
Days passed since the collecting taint and marking spots on the map started. Now it is at the end. Leo closes the last jar of gathered content and marks the spot on the map. "We have 16 jars filled and sealed."

OOC: Would be nice that DM who told us to start this forum RP shows up sometime. Or someone else to step in as replacement. We are RPing blindly 10 days now in 4 topics. Otherwise I suggest that players deal with event alone, just like in past when DM quits what starts. No offense. (Don't know who exactly but I was told this was started by a new ADM)


*as they gather the samples Ravossel marks each one.
Four a markd with (1) E-SD-woods taint ) (2) E-SD-wood taint) (3) E-SD-wood taint) (4) E-SD-wood taint)
Then another found are marked. (1) S-SD-wood taint) (2) S-SD-wood taint (3) S-SD-wood taint) (4) S-SD-wood taint) Another four (1) N-SD-wood taint) (2) N-SD wood taint) (3)N-SD- wood taint ) (4)N-SD wood taint
And the last four (1) W-Sd wood taint) (2) W-SD wood taint) (3) W-SD wood taint) (4) W-SD-wood taint.

A Note is placed with each Jar. note: S= south, E=east, W=west, N=north, SD= shadowdale.

*The group would have taken four samples from the four corners of Shadowdale wood.*

*With a sigh*

Leo go on and take all the Jars with a (1) on them for research and study by the Loyns. And thees other three I'll give out to a few others, and see what they come up with. *sighs softly* hope fully be for long we all will under stand this Plague better, and how to destroy it with the up most haste for when, or if it turns up the next time.

*Ravossel then seeks out Juila.*
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:14 am

As the druidess turns to leave and the shaman goes to take the jars, the thick, inky black substance in the jar begins to slowly bubble. The jars begin to clink together as the liquid folds and moves inside, jet black, thick tar rolling in upon itself, a slow and violent eruption inside each. The once dormant blackness slowly rolls itself against the glass, reaching towards the jar next to to it, bubbling, turning, folding, reaching, the only thing keeping the liquid contained, the fragile glass of the jars.
Back to top Go down
Serebane

avatar

Posts : 1047
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 103

PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:08 pm

(Since Mirror responded, is it safe to assume this is being continued? If not those of us involved were likely going to put it aside as being nothing short of a disturbance that was handled with ease since the DM who started it did not continue the event. Either path will be acceptable. ;P )
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:43 pm

((It is being continued. I am picking it up. Welcome to everyone involved and I look forward to gaming with you all.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:34 am

ADM_Mirror wrote:
As the druidess turns to leave and the shaman goes to take the jars, the thick, inky black substance in the jar begins to slowly bubble.  The jars begin to clink together as the liquid folds and moves inside, jet black, thick tar rolling in upon itself, a slow and violent eruption inside each.  The once dormant blackness slowly rolls itself against the glass, reaching towards the jar next to to it, bubbling, turning, folding, reaching, the only thing keeping the liquid contained, the fragile glass of the jars.

Shaman watches the happening in the jar with wth face. "Ravossel .. something is happening inside the jars ... it looks like the taint wants to escape from the jars. I've never seen something like this. I am not sure that it will be held inside for long ... if it is aware of being prisoner and wants out ... then it is a being ... not a sample of taint." Shaman examines the black substance that wants to escape/break out from the jars to see if it contains any spirit and wonders why does it want to assemble with substances in other jars.
Back to top Go down
Serebane

avatar

Posts : 1047
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 103

PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:46 pm

At the mention of this upon her approach to the pair, Lhanir would frown. "That jar does not contain enough strength in form to contain it... if this is to be true. We must spirit it away from the woods before testing our cures upon it..."
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:38 pm

Oyo wrote:
ADM_Mirror wrote:
As the druidess turns to leave and the shaman goes to take the jars, the thick, inky black substance in the jar begins to slowly bubble.  The jars begin to clink together as the liquid folds and moves inside, jet black, thick tar rolling in upon itself, a slow and violent eruption inside each.  The once dormant blackness slowly rolls itself against the glass, reaching towards the jar next to to it, bubbling, turning, folding, reaching, the only thing keeping the liquid contained, the fragile glass of the jars.

Shaman watches the happening in the jar with wth face. "Ravossel .. something is happening inside the jars ... it looks like the taint wants to escape from the jars. I've never seen something like this. I am not sure that it will be held inside for long ... if it is aware of being prisoner and wants out ... then it is a being ... not a sample of taint." Shaman examines the black substance that wants to escape/break out from the jars to see if it contains any spirit and wonders why does it want to assemble with substances in other jars.


*Ravossel looks over at the Jars and gets the classic " wtf really!!?? " Look on her face. With a sigh*
Lhanir we need to reinforce thees jars, and pack them for swift travel. *ponders for a second* wrap each jar with vines, going over the top! and bottom of the jar, then around the sides, should keep them from braking. *Ravossel looks over at Leo* start making rags so that the jars with vines wrapped about them, can also be wrapped up in rags. Then I'll use my Rode of: holy water to make holy water, and soak the rags with sed water.   * With that Ravossel starts to make rags from what ever she has. From her robs, cape, uses the two random rags she has, and so forth. After that Ravossel would join Lahinr in warping the Jars up in vines.* *As they work* The closest place I can think of to take thees Jars to the arcane guild in cross roads, *snaps her fingers quickly a few times trying come up with it's name.* you know the castle in the middle of the river at Cross roads. There's really no plant life there for this stuff to taint and infect, shadowdale is a bunch of farmlands, and there temple there has lots of plant life and would be at a much higher risk. *posses for a moments* Miss Anna could help us get in and study this stuff.
*After that Ravossel falls quite as she wraps the jars with vines, and the vine warped jars with a rag, and then she would soak sed rag with holy water.*

(( Note: Rode of: Holy water is good for 24 uses with one use left over for a recharge. And do to work it may take me any were's from 1 - 4 days to respond to a post, or a PM))
Back to top Go down
Serebane

avatar

Posts : 1047
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 103

PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:10 pm

A day would pass after such before Lhanir would encounter those involved, passively maintaining a wounded and desperate expression, her quick words only exacerbating the look.

"There is more... and it has begun to consume trees and animals... Maya was there, as well as her sister Aesa to witness the attack..." The Arch Druidess winced at the thought before continuing, shoulders slumped as though she were too weary to stand fully upright. "It is nothing I've ever seen before... but it is believed to be something worse, something perhaps even demonic in origin.  We only managed to rescue a single dryad and her tree, but the rest in the area, animals and plant alike... the shrouded liquid took on a life of its own and began to sink into the ground to eat away at the trees starting with their roots...

No amount of healing and prayers I have mustered will be enough to stop this. We must find all those who can help and discover just where this plague came from before the entire forest, what has been cared for and rejuvenated from previous injuries, falls again into despair..
"
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:01 am

Shaman agrees with Lhanir "I will go seek Mylanis to see if she can offer aid. Maybe she has experienced this sort of plague before, to me it is very new. If we do not do anything soon this place can quickly become desert, and with it entire ecosystem can be damaged, even the Shadowdale town nearby is not safe."
Back to top Go down
WoodyWoo

avatar

Posts : 106
Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:28 am

Rwolf travels to Ravossel's grove searching for her
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:26 am

Rwolf finds Ravossel. She appears to be fast asleep With Donnleen. Donnleen, and Ravossel are curled about each other fast a sleep, in some deep grasses under the shade of some trees. Then up in a near by tree is Ravossel's robs, hand, and feet wrappings, and her cape/cloak.

Back to top Go down
WoodyWoo

avatar

Posts : 106
Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:26 am

Rwolf makes a moderate amount of noise until she begins to stir then looks away and waits for her to address him.
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

avatar

Posts : 1022
Join date : 2013-01-02
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:49 pm

*Donnleen looks sharply over at Rwolf, and growls softly with her ears laid back. Ravossel yawns deeply, and mutters some thing to Donnleen in a mix Draconic, and Druidic. After a few moments Donnleen lays her head back down across Ravossel's bare back. Ravossel turns, so that her arms are folded across the Tiger's back, and her chin resting resting upon her folded arms.*

*With on last lazily yawn* Hello. *Ravossel duss not seem to remember him or it can be the deep sleep fog that can clog one's mind. Seams to wait for Rwolf*
Back to top Go down
WoodyWoo

avatar

Posts : 106
Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: The Plague   Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:16 pm

"My apologies for disturbing your rest but I need to find the Lyons in as a little time as possible and you are the one that came to mind as to do this."Rwolf states in Draconic. Switching back to the common "I didn't expect to arrive with such ..ah.... poor choice of time on my part"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Plague   

Back to top Go down
 
The Plague
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Plague Doctor
» The Legend of Zelda: Plague of Jintha'kal
» Connor Pierce
» Plague Masters

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Shadowdale-
Jump to: