HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

A lesson in shadowplay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowcraft

PostSubject: A lesson in shadowplay   Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:19 pm

Walking into Shadowdale, Lore would look around for Karan, if she finds her she would walk over taking another bite of her apple, chew and swollow before offering her a small smile. "Still interested in learning some shadowplay?"
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:29 pm

It should be noted that Akane is not very far away from Lore, following her around more like a stalker than as a friend, yet both of them seem to be fine with each other.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcraft

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Noltem wrote:
It should be noted that Akane is not very far away from Lore, following her around more like a stalker than as a friend, yet both of them seem to be fine with each other.

Does indeed seem fine with her stalker.
Back to top Go down
RedMoney20xx

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Karan would smile to both of them. "I think some lessons in shadow-play would be very beneficial, but we need to be careful if we do it. Shadows have been materializing and attacking people lately, and they seem to be after me."
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:14 pm

"T..those... are b...bad shadows... they are..." says Akane, using Lore as a human shield to protect herself from Karan.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcraft

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:37 am

Lore takes a moment to look to Akane and gives her a reasuring squeeze to the arm. "You'll be fine" she says softly before looking back to Karan "Right then, follow me." she says before leading them both to the lake near the ruins of Elministers Tower. "Before I teach you anything, First I will let you know in saftly what to expect. Strip down to your underwear and stand by the waters edge and close your eyes."
Back to top Go down
RedMoney20xx

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:30 pm

Karan looks at Lore skeptically, frowning a bit as she disrobes. She walks over to the water and looks at her reflection a moment before closing her eyes. "So... what now? Are you going to just shove me it? It is way to cold for this..." Karan holds her arms around herself, already feeling chilly in the winter air, she sort of braces herself for the shock of cold water.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:00 pm

Akane observes Lore's lesson while keeping an eye out on the surroundings to give them a heads up in case someone is coming this way. It is almost funny the way she resembles a rabbit sniffing out a dog in the distance.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcraft

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:33 pm

Lore would smile a little smile.

The art of shadow jumping, as I like to call it, connets us to, at least for a fraction of a second, with the plane of shadows." PUSH

Lore would wait for Karan to resurface, stop gasping and any insults before contining. "For that split second, where you touch the shadow realm, it feels like this, a shocking sensation of disorentation and a cold wetness which if you linger to long, starts to numb you...

you might want to get out, get tried and dressed now... " offers her a towel.*
Back to top Go down
Lady Crankenstein

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:11 pm

A teifling observes from a distance what she considers silliness concerning the use of light and shadows as cover.
Alasha'Ur seems attracted to the activity and wrapping herself in shadows and deception of the light itself. . .She approaches ( hide 46, MS 48 ) , half curious of this teacher. .if this person might see or reveal her as she approaches.
She strains to hear the lesson and see if it compares to her life of sheer desperation that taught her to use such skills for survival.
Back to top Go down
http://ladycrankenstein.wix.com/lady-crankenstein
RedMoney20xx

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:25 pm

Karan looks at Lore quite annoyed as she dries off and gets back into her gear. "You could've just told me you know? I -have- been swimming before. Can you actually show me something useful now or are you just going to keep messing with me?"
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:51 pm

Akane is actually quite distracted looking at the lesson, she is enjoying it despite the two women not being best friends right now.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcraft

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:57 pm

*smiles* if you want a true expirence, let me know and ill blind fold you, bind you and throw you in the water... it feels like that for a second... anyway.. very well ill move on *she does not seem to notice the other person watching* become you are able to manipulate shadow, any shadow, you must first, connect, with your own shadow, your shadow, is a part of you, like a arm, a leg, it is attached, but in this case, it is your direct link to the shadow plane." *lore sets down a bulls eye lantern, placing it behind her.* sit down, get comfortable, place you hands on your lap, and face your shadow... slowly breath in.. and out... in.. and out.. in and out... let your mind... empty.. let yourself slowly... sink... all the while... looking deeper... deeper... into your shadow.... until you see life stir within.... for there is life in there... for its apart of you, and if your a good person, your see something good and kind.. if not shy... if your a bad person... dont linger there when you reach that depth in the trace, obay your instinual feel to recoil and snap out of it.
Back to top Go down
RedMoney20xx

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:13 pm

"Well alright, I will give it a try..."

Karan sits cross legged with her hands on her knees, and she watches her shadow. She tries to block out her thoughts and peer into her shadow, as Lore said. She watches for nearly ten minutes, waiting for something to happen...
Back to top Go down
Shadowcraft

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:26 pm

Lore would sit down behind her, bringing her legs on either side of karan before placing her hands on her shoulders, and slowly starting to deepen their shadows, aiding the process. "its more akin to being aware of it being there, like you are of you own limbs, let it come naturally to you, dont force it, and when it does come, explore it.
Back to top Go down
RedMoney20xx

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:23 pm

"Right..." Karan concentrates harder, and focuses on her shadow. She sort of zones out as she stares at it, her eyes going blank. Her shadow flickers a bit, and a the faint outline of a face gives Lore a wry smirk before Karan jumps with a start, snapping out of her daze.

"What the... what the heck happened Lore? I saw my shadow, but... it was not happy to see me."
Back to top Go down
Lady Crankenstein

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:48 pm

Alasha'Ur , without thinking , lets out a laugh that she instantly stifles hard , forcing the veins in her neck to bulge, and her face to redden and puff up... And then it happened, the harder she tried to suppress it, the harder the laugh came !
She froze in place , trying not even to breathe.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:11 am

Akane would look at the source of the laughter and tilt her head "What is a tiefling doing here?"
Back to top Go down
Shadowcraft

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:28 am

Lore would look over at the laugher then look back. "Perhaps you just need to get to know your shadow a bit better, I want you to repeat this when your alone and in your room tonight, just remember, just as your hand can not chock you without you willing to, your shadow will not harm you, its a part of you. basicly, get to know yourself better. when you feel confident you and she can work togeather, come find me again for the next lesson."
Back to top Go down
Lady Crankenstein

PostSubject:    Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:26 am

Realizing that she had lost her cover, Alasha'Ur simply unwrapped the veil of concealment around her, much like throwing off a blanket, and stood fully exposed to any who would see.
 Looking at Karan, with red and yellow cat like eyes, her long horns and thin agile form, she squinted, pondering if she she should speak.

Last edited by Lady Crankenstein on Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:57 am

Akane is just a small hooded woman, Alaska'Ur might have seen her near the campfire usually talking with a stutter, completely covered by her grey armor and hood , never looking into the eyes of people.
Being "alone" with four people she seems much more confident, but still doesn't speak just looking at their reactions.
Back to top Go down
RedMoney20xx

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:36 pm

Karan nods to Lore, saying "Thank you for showing me this technique, I will practice as I can."

Her eyes look over Alasha'Ur for a moment, then she smiles. "I don't think we have met, I am Karan Galendt, who might you be?"
Back to top Go down
Lady Crankenstein

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Red cat like eyes squint as the focus on the face of Karan.
"Who I am is of small importance... Though I have seen your face near our guild house.
... If I understand what it is that you are trying to do ... I might share my own way that I learned the art of using light and shadow..."
The tall thin teifling watches for a response.
Back to top Go down
Lady Crankenstein

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:50 pm

Alasha'Ur steps forward with a finger raised as she speaks.
"Sheer power of the Will... Can also work to use shadow as light and light as shadow... When terror chases you and you have no escape ... THEN the will truely awakens ! To pass that point of desperation and turn upon the moment of horror... Reach out to the shadows , take hold of the light, and bend them to your unbending stand against death itself!
I do not doubt what others may say, but for me, when Yulash fell into the Abyss, and I was blamed, every moment breathed depended on my will to survive... My refusal to succumb ... And standing one day in the shadow itself ... It was as if my hands ripped it from the air and I cloaked within it... Was it painful? Did I care if it was?
Trust me on this, you may play at your shadows , but until they obey the power of your desperation, you will never master them... ".
Back to top Go down
Noltem

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:44 pm

Akane would look at Alasha and stutter "M...maybe you're.... just... freaking out there... This is far more... simple" she would say looking down fidgeting with her hands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A lesson in shadowplay   

Back to top Go down

A lesson in shadowplay
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next