Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Punishment Release

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Punishment Release   Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:17 pm

As of today the following individuals have received the following punishments for violating the laws of Shadowdale:

The Chultan known as Alex ((Kism)): Disturbing the peace and interfering with an official acting in the line of duty - 3 day ban from Shadowdale proper, with option to pay a fine of 1500gps to terminate the ban early. Ban otherwise ends on *IG of 1/24/14* Has paid a fine of 1500gps.

The man known as Tohrm: Disturbing the peace and brandishing a weapon: Has elected to pay a 1500gps fine instead of accepting a 3 day ban from Shadowdale proper.

The elven woman known as Amenia: Disturbing the peace, inciting unrest, and failure to comply with an official acting in the line of duty - 12 day ban from Shadowdale proper, option standing to reduce this to a seven day ban with a fine of 2500 has been offered. Ban ends on *1/28/14* with the fine payed in full, or on *2/2/14* should the fine not be paid.

Any appeal to these punishments can be directed towards Sheriff Arjay.

Secretary Bryanna Lovich
Acting as Empowered by Sheriff Arjay of Shadowdale

Last edited by DrunkenSolamnic on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DaShi

PostSubject: Re: Punishment Release   Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:32 pm

*A hand written note is to be delivered to Arjay's desk*

Dear Sheriff Arjay,

By now you have heard the tales of my wrongful banishment. I would like to share with you my version of the events. A version you will find no more truer than if spoken by Torm himself. My story begins while travelling from Myth Drannor to Shadowdale. Not far from Shadowdale, I come across the corpse of a young man being gnawed at by feral dogs. Thinking that this isn't the place for corpses, I selflessly carry the very heavy body with me on my journey.

Now you'd think carrying a corpse would attract a lot of attention. Well, it doesn't. No one thought it odd at all. What does that say about the times we live in? Needing a break from my excruciating task, I am no barbarian in strength, I take a break by the Shadowdale campfire. All of a sudden everyone becomes interested in the corpse I brought. Which is fine, my intention was to have it taken care of by local officials. With good times abound, a man saved from certain death and many gracious and generous bounties shared, there was one man who took offense at my jokes. A man who ironically went by the name of your lawfully wise, Torm. He tossed a few insults my way, but I just informed him that I was acting within my legal rights. Well, he took great offense to this and brandished his weapon for all to see while verbally threatening to kill me.

Fortunately, one named Bryanna appeared and stood before me and my would be assailant. I thought to myself, here is a noble woman who truly understands justice. But I would soon be proven wrong. For it was not the man who broke the written law and threaten to slay me that was marched out of town, it was I. By the very Bryanna that I had formerly admired. I cooperated fully.

Outside of the town gate, without even listening to my story, she issued me banishment. Then she demanded my name. I thought, this is a simple request, but I had two concerns. One, we were out of the town gate, her authority is to be respected but outside of town she rules over no one. Two, as long as she refused to listen to my claims, I felt it wrong to give her my name. Afterall, once she got what she wanted, she would walk away and leave me cruelly and unjustly banished.

Unfortunately, rather than discuss the issue, she cuffed me and gagged me, dragging me to the Black Hounds jail. As a member of the Black Hounds, I found this wholly and unnecessarily embarrassing. So she decided it better to rummage through my belonging and threaten me with a ransom instead. Refusing to agree with such criminality, she merely extended my banishment. Upon her rummaging, she discovered my name among one of my parchments. Having gotten what she wanted, she then, as predicted, left without listening to a word of my side of the issue other than sharing a few insulting words with me.

I find these actions deplorable. I, who was once a member of a rebellion to liberate Shadowdale from its Zhentarim oppressors and spent many of my efforts to vex their every action, should be treated more harshly by the new law of Shadowdale than the old. And what of the man who actually broke Shadowdale law? I hear he walks freely gloating how he is above reproach.

Dear Sheriff Arjay, please rectify these injustices and reprimand those who abuse their power and act unlawfully in your name.

Sincerely,

Amenia Dy'nessa, loyal friend of Shadowdale and freedom for the oppressed
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: Punishment Release   Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:55 pm

Receiving the note as she does most missives to the government offices Bryanna simply rolls her eyes commenting, "Does she really think he's going to believe such a pack of lies?" before putting it on Arjay's desk with her own note attached. Her note simply reads "Priority".
Back to top Go down
DrunkenSolamnic

PostSubject: Re: Punishment Release   Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:42 pm

*another notice is put up*

The woman known as "Natalia" of Lurue is banned from Shadowdale indefinitely for animating spirits within the town limits. This can be appealed to Sheriff Arjay.

Secretary Lovich
*a seal bearing Bryanna's sign of an upright, armored bear holding a poleaxe rests under her signature*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Punishment Release   

Back to top Go down

Punishment Release
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1