Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Rotting in Jail

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DeepFriedMoose

PostSubject: Rotting in Jail   Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:16 pm

Taurrus, the unarmed, un-armored, self-professed Zhentarim sits in his small jail-cell, keeping the time by quietly reciting prayers to himself.  Occasionally, he looks to the magic-dampening circle, and smiles to himself.

"Terrible waste of resources, this."

When food arrives, he politely refuses, telling the guards that such food could go to those more deserving than he.  When the guards invariably agree with him, he simply smiles, nods his head, and returns to his meditations.

Taurrus waits patiently for his day in court...
Back to top Go down
Lebbon

PostSubject: Re: Rotting in Jail   Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:20 pm

Jack is not even aware there is a man named Taurrus in the Zhentarim.

This either bodes well or very, very poorly for him.
Back to top Go down
Dragon_tears

PostSubject: Re: Rotting in Jail   Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:47 am

It wasn't that Bryanna was wrong. She had followed the law to the letter, and it would be foolhardy to say she was being unnecessary. Something just sat wrong with Laura about the whole ordeal. Laws were not ethics, they had their roots in them yes, but laws were not inherently righteous. Shadowdale had followed the law, but Laura could taste the hatred, and hatred was a very poisonous root. It ate away at her, and disquieted her. So much so that she resolved to see the source of all the trouble.

Stepping up to the forts doors, Laura slipped into the yard and passed the training dummies. She wrapped her knuckles gently against the large fort doors, then, assuming there was no way anyone would hear her gentle tapping she hit the door a few times for good measure.

"Excuse me" She spoke to the door frame. "Could someone let me in please?"
Back to top Go down
AsuraKing

Location : Look closely at your shadow, you might just see me there!... If not listen for the clanking!

PostSubject: Re: Rotting in Jail   Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:54 am

A Hound swordsman would open the door for Laura, as she entered one of the mercs would send for Cruven in his office. After a short bit the one eyed man would enter the lobby.

"Wha' can I do fer ya Sister?"
Back to top Go down
Dragon_tears

PostSubject: Re: Rotting in Jail   Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:42 pm

Laura dipped her head and smiled. "Hello Mr. Cruven. How are you today?" She spoke pleasantly as usual. She hadn't really thought out an argument to get into the dungeons. She simply followed her feet as she walked and hoped for the best. She wasn't certain how you went about visiting people in jails or dungeons or cages. "I wanted to visit the man in the dungeons. May I?"
Back to top Go down
AsuraKing

Location : Look closely at your shadow, you might just see me there!... If not listen for the clanking!

PostSubject: Re: Rotting in Jail   Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Cruven rubs his beard in thought a moment.

"Aye, sure I suppose, bu' I'm goin' with ya, an no goin' in the cell."

He would motion her to follow him and lead her to the dungeon.
Back to top Go down
Dragon_tears

PostSubject: Re: Rotting in Jail   Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Laura followed Cruven down to the dungeon. She was like a shadow, her footsteps muffled by his and her eyes wide as she stared at the dark stone walls. She wanted to remark on how cold it was. The dungeon air bit at her ankles, and she thought she could see her breath when they passed by the torches. But it was a dungeon after all. It wasn't meant to be hospitable.

She nearly ran into him once he stopped. Laura was paying too close of attention to the empty cells instead of what was in front of her. Her body slammed on the breaks and she stopped with a jerking motion, her eyes darting up to Cruven apologetically then sliding their way to the occupied cell.

Laura had come all the way from town to meet a stranger and she had idea what to say once she found him. She was currently wasting Cruven's time, and possibly her own. She obviously had to say something. She licked her lips. What did you say to a Zhent? She had never met one before. Did you tell a Zhent your name? Would they find someone to steal you away in the night if they knew it? Laura talked a big game about peace and tolerance, but everyone knew what they did and even she worried about waking up to one knocking her door down. The sound of Laura's feet shiftting against the stone was louder than it should have been. The awkward silence was becoming palpable. She would have to break the silence somehow. Laura took a deep breath and bowed her head.

"Hello, I am Sister Laura."
Back to top Go down
DeepFriedMoose

PostSubject: Re: Rotting in Jail   Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:42 pm

A soft rattle of chains announces his presence in the darkness.  From the gloaming comes a voice as cool as the dungeon air.

"Good evening, Sister Laura.  To what do I owe this pleasure...?"

((FYI, I'm in the game right now as this character, if you'd like to have this conversation live? -- I'll delete this comment if we choose to continue on the boards...))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rotting in Jail   

Back to top Go down

Rotting in Jail
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1