Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 A lost battle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Skyiba

avatar

Posts : 2105
Join date : 2009-03-08
Age : 43
Location : guess

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:28 pm

blue having not found anything through scrying has sent word to auryne and ask if she knows of anything about the where abouts of taylin.. and awaits an answer before doing anything else
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

avatar

Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-18
Age : 98
Location : Nibiru

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:10 pm

Trip tracks the humanoid fleeing the scene and those pursuing as long as the trail of prints and blood drops go.  It's not long into the deeper Starwood that dusk begins to settle.  The serenity of the colorful sunset is no sollace from what is about to transpire... as the sun goes down and he heads further northeast into the deep of Starwood.  

Upon the very moment the sun stars to settle, he begins to notice Drow tracks crisscrossing the trail he's been following.  They are easy to pick out from elf tracks as drow seem more at ease walking in caves upon stone and have a different... more sloppy signature than an elf who would be used to walking in the wetlands and respectful of their step upon the very ground. (base survival 24, spot 42, search 10)

It's not long before the last rays of sun dip below the hills to the west and the stars begin to twinkle and dance that an ambush ensues.  He had no idea how many there would be and already has the hint of "it was a bad idea to come out here alone" in the back of his mind.



Wisely he was prepared with wards and potions... or maybe it was his lucky hat, a belly full of fish and red wine... some smoke to help him commune with the wilds, his sharp senses, and many vials of the annointed knight at the ready.  The first two drow warriors in the line put up little fight against the cleave of his keen handed scythe of Chauntea... their archers at his flanks in the tall reeds oft shooting far and wide. Their blade masters offer a more vervent fight and when surrounded by three was nearly bested, but in the end fell them all.  He could hear literally hords of Drow chattering disturbed all around (listen base 42).  If he were to guess... three score of them scattered about in pockets.  



He snuck up on a sorcerer and her 4 guards just to make a point and mark his good mark on the starwood, but decided invisibility from his trusty wand and his natural propensity for stealth in the wilds be a better route to the mission at hand.  "Whatever happened to Tay'lin, MUST be discovered!"  The thought drives him forward with determination.

He follows the trail humanoid prints with the signs of blood tapering off as he goes... for days on end.  Only stopping every 6 or so hours for a 20 minute cat nap and eating and drinking water, heving to refill his canteens every morning.  His wineskins empty far too soon into the 2nd morning.  He comes to a place that must be a great distance north of Myth Drannor where the tracks lead... the Elven Court... though he has no idea that is where he is at.  There is an old feeling in this land.  The very stone whispers of wars eons past.  The nature here is powerful... but weary and aged.

He takes refuge under a rock outcropping on a river bank.  Eats the last of his fish and dried fruit and smokes some good herb for healthy measure and proceeds with high caution into this unfamiliar terrain....

"I should have brought more wine... but thank goodness the dawn has come"

*puff, puff, puff*

Back to top Go down
Zaroak

avatar

Posts : 2077
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 28
Location : Monroe, Mi

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:44 am

Celovar would continue to check on Trips pogress and possibly be with him following him in the search for Tay'lin.
Back to top Go down
Demon2k3



Posts : 347
Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:36 am

Melorion if upon the scene would also assist trip in his search
Back to top Go down
Navarre_Sallavarian

avatar

Posts : 825
Join date : 2011-04-19
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:31 pm


To Keeper Nadin,

My dear friend, I sent one of our Chaunteans, a Ranger, his name is Trip, to try track our dear Tay'lin whereabouts. He is excellent in his work, but still too young, and like to do things alone. I fear for his safety, so please I ask you to give him assistance, send help and watch his six for me,

Your old friend and former Councillor,

High Harvestmistress Julia Navarre
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

avatar

Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-18
Age : 98
Location : Nibiru

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Though wary at first of anyone he sees or hears approaching from a distance, after realizing they have come to help he would welcome them. He would offer them water, or blackberries he's freshly picked, and of course very kind Chauntean herb.

*puff, puff, puff*
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

avatar

Posts : 3622
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 39
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:52 pm

Dear Harvestmistress Julia,

While I know the ranger Trip, I wasn't informed he was aiding in the search of lady Lilthin, but I will advice the Akh'Velahr about your caution - still if he's already alone in Starwood, I fear nothing can be done before he returns contact.

Friendly and faithfully,
Keeper Nadin
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:41 pm

halfcentaur wrote:
Though wary at first of anyone he sees or hears approaching from a distance, after realizing they have come to help he would welcome them.  He would offer them water, or blackberries he's freshly picked, and of course very kind Chauntean herb.

*puff, puff, puff*
having followed Taylins trail deep into the wood and far from safe elven bases and patrols, Trip would soon find himself inside the Drow controlled Cormanthor forest parts.
After one rest, he would first hear hear the twang of crossbows and then the stinging hit of serveral bolts that hit him in the back. Apearantly some Drow very skilled at hiding had silently aproached the lone ranger far away from Myth Drannor, believing him easy prey.
Trip would feel the poison from the crossbow bolts cursing in his bloodstream already blurring his vision.

At the same time some harsh words are uttered to the sides as serveral Drow come out of the ethereal plane and darkness falls on the wood and bestial snarls can be heard.

And then the wood explodes in a flurry of Drow swords and spells that fall on the lone ranger, who is suddenly fighting for his life.
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

avatar

Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-18
Age : 98
Location : Nibiru

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Trip holds back nothing in his efforts to drive back the foul drow.  If any friends had followed them out there, he'd think "now is a perfect time to pop out of the shadows and come to my aid".  If he finds himself getting overwelmed and if he is able, the last trick he has up his sleeve is an ethereal scroll of his own that he would reluctantly try to cast upon himself and flee the scene in a B-line for Myth Drannor.  Having left his faithful white wolf back near Myth Drannor, Blixen would become quite worried after 4 days or so of his missing human companion and start barking and nudging Trip's friends with his nose to try to tell them that somethign is amiss.

///(edit) I'm perfectly fine if he's not able to get himself out of this mess, btw. He has been in over his head for days now Smile
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:05 pm

the friends who "possibly" have followed Trip, are nowhere around and Trip is very much alone deep in the Woods.
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

avatar

Posts : 2077
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 28
Location : Monroe, Mi

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:06 pm

// I apologize for being unclear so I will make 2 possible outcomes for where Celovar was with Trip or not. Also Melorien I believe is in the same boat. //

1. Had Celovar of been with Trip he would of maintained a heavy distance to not mess up the tracks or anything else. Were he to notice the battle he would draw blades and move to assist.

2. If Celovar is back in Myth Dranor he would of been near others to allow Trip the time to come back and have asked several men to be ready to go out should he be taking to long.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:07 pm

// Celovar is not around as well as Melorion both of your posts have been too vague.
Back to top Go down
Demon2k3



Posts : 347
Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:22 pm

Melorion would head back to myth drannor trying to find Nadin and Celovar looking at the defender barracks. Would he find them he would ask them to assist him in the search for Tay'lin. Giving them the information where he was last seen. Aswell as informing that there was a heavy drow presence and tay'lin was lost in the fury of battle.

He would ask them to prepare quickly as time is against them, he would tell them he'd be waiting at the fortress side of the cavern, then heading of to prepare himself stocking up on arrows and kits and other supplies.

Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

avatar

Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-18
Age : 98
Location : Nibiru

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:40 pm

If Trip is able to fire off that Ethereal scroll, he'd run like the dickens for a relatively safe place, gulping an antidote, using his best healing kits to ward the poisonous blight of the Drow bolts. If at all possible would get as much distance between he and the Drow, heading back towards Myth Drannor, and find a nice hollowed out tree to hide in, wait for the dawn and hope for the best.

"Thank golly, I didn't drag Alaina into this ill fated quest..." He'd mutter in his mind, thinking of her and hoping it's not the last she ever sees of him.
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

avatar

Posts : 2077
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 28
Location : Monroe, Mi

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Once Celovar is informed he would follow Melorion. Once they were getting close he would use tree seeing.
Back to top Go down
Aelyria



Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:01 am

Alaina's gaze keeps returning to the entrance to the Old Skull Inn. She had gotten the letter, and as always, read it lightly. She fully trusted Trip... and his hat to return safely, and soon. But, today her patience ran just as empty as the ale in her glass. "Where is he? He's taken too long..." She murmurs softly. She was growing more, and more worried as each day passed. She places some gold on the counter before leaving, and walks to the House of Plenty. She hopes to find someone there she can ask for something... anything, about Trip.

Luckily she finds Julia. They talk for some time and Julia tells Alaina more about what happened. With Julia's advice, and help, Alaina sets on a journey to Myth Drannor in hopes of finding Celovar, Melorion, or Nadin.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:41 am

halfcentaur wrote:
If Trip is able to fire off that Ethereal scroll, he'd run like the dickens for a relatively safe place, gulping an antidote, using his best healing kits to ward the poisonous blight of the Drow bolts.  If at all possible would get as much distance between he and the Drow, heading back towards Myth Drannor, and find a nice hollowed out tree to hide in, wait for the dawn and hope for the best.

"Thank golly, I didn't drag Alaina into this ill fated quest..."  He'd mutter in his mind, thinking of her and hoping it's not the last she ever sees of him.
Through sheer luck, Trip manages to cast the ethereal spell from the scroll in time and slip into the ethereal plane, just as two Drow swords thrust at his heart. The Drow miss him by less than a second and spit curses as his form disolves and slips away.
As Trip turns to run, quaffing the antidote in a haste, he would spot the form of a winged demonlike creature that was clawing at him from behind. Maybe it was the blurred vision caused by the poison, maybe not.

Trip runs through the ethereal for his life and after some time finds a suitable hollowed out tree that might keep him safe for some time and a place to tend to his wounds.
Back to top Go down
Navarre_Sallavarian

avatar

Posts : 825
Join date : 2011-04-19
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:12 am


((I'm loving it, so exciting  Very Happy... just to help inspire you, Run Trip, RUN!!!))


Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

avatar

Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-18
Age : 98
Location : Nibiru

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:18 pm



Trip curls up against the inside wall of the tree hollow, careful to not expose any part of himself or his gear to anyone or anything outside of the tree stump that can see in the dark.  He tries to calm down, quickly catch his breath, and relax so as to remain motionless and breath quietly with eyes and ears tuned to the woods outside of the hollow.  He slips on his stealth ring to augment his already well trained ability, just for good measure.  He holds an arrow as a small spear at the ready to jab any drow in the face that might poke their head in.  With a sharp iron tip and darkwood shaft, it'd be the best weapon he bears that is small enough to maneuver in the hollow and the least likely to reflect a glint of moonlight.

All he can do is wait out the night to make a break for Myth Drannor by dawn's first light, think over what a rash and foolish thing he's done, wonder what the heck that winged fiend was, hope he sees friends and loved ones again, and fight the urge to smoke a little herb to take the edge off this whole nasty situation.

*no puff, puff, puff*
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:01 pm

as Trip huddles in the hollow tree, waiting for the dawn. He could almost swear he heard some drow voices nearby and some rustling in the bushes nearby, serveral times during the night. Maybe his mind played some tricks on him and it were only animals or the wind, but no drow poked his head into the trunk.. and after a sleepless night the light of dawn breaks through the canopy of the trees.
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

avatar

Posts : 3622
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 39
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Demon2k3 wrote:
Melorion would head back to myth drannor trying to find Nadin and Celovar looking at the defender barracks. Would he find them he would ask them to assist him in the search for Tay'lin. Giving them the information where he was last seen. Aswell as informing that there was a heavy drow presence and tay'lin was lost in the fury of battle.

He would ask them to prepare quickly as time is against them, he would tell them he'd be waiting at the fortress side of the cavern, then heading of to prepare himself stocking up on arrows and kits and other supplies.


Melorion would not find Nadin, but regarding Trip and his search he would be aware of orders posted in 29 Marpenoth and 03 Uktar, straight from Keeper's officer.
((in restricted AV foruns
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

avatar

Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-18
Age : 98
Location : Nibiru

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:53 pm

DM Carbuncle wrote:
as Trip huddles in the hollow tree, waiting for the dawn. He could almost swear he heard some drow voices nearby and some rustling in the bushes nearby, serveral times during the night. Maybe his mind played some tricks on him and it were only animals or the wind, but no drow poked his head into the trunk.. and after a sleepless night the light of dawn breaks through the canopy of the trees.

Relieved at the first sign of morning light, Trip would almost doze off from near exhaustion having spent a very fearful and trying night in an uncomfortible, yet safe tree hollow.  He shakes his head loose abruptly as he catches himself nodding off in a fright, splashes water from his canteen on his face and makes a break back for less hostile parts of the forest towards Myth Drannor.  He runs like a deer, leaping logs and stone, finding trails commonly used by the animals of the woods... the path of least resistance, with a frantic speed as if demons were on his very heels.

He doesn't even stop to eat, fumbling with berries in his pouch and jamming a few in his mouth, many slip thru his fingers onto the forest floor.  He looks up at the noon sun, then down to drow tracks criss crossing his path.  He draws upon an even more fevered pace.  He's not going to last another night out here.  Gulping whatever haste potions he has in his pack, even if it only puts him another 100 yards closer to the sanctity of Myth Drannor's borders.

The afternoon sun hangs lower in the sky.... less drow prints but still many... keeping the sun always on his right... sinking.... sinking.  Dread fills his heart, legs becoming rubber and unsteady...running on hope, and mostly fear...

Just as the sun starts to set and the sky is afire with pink and ornage hues, he hears a raging waterfall in the distance and his heart lifts.  Most of Starwood is behind him... Myth Drannor just ahead.  At the first sight of the evening star, he bops himself on the hat with his invisibility wand and travels with the quiet steps of a panther... avoiding as many of the lesser Drow that patrol this forest's edge after dusk.  These he's snuck past on many occasion... but never this weary... never this distraught.  He finally makes it to the safety of the cave that crosses out of Starwood and into Myth Drannors edge forest.  He collapses to his knees.  He literally crawls through on hands and knees... rolls down the hill on the other side and drags himself to the Myth Drannor border fort.  Upon contact with the very first guard, he gasps his final words before collapsing and passing out in a pile of twitching flesh, mud, grime, tree stump moss and fungus...

"Tay'lin.... past Starwood... North East... far too deep...zzzz...zzzz.z...z.zzzzzz.....zzz.z..zz"

His worried thoughts of what that poor elf, Tay'lin, must be going through carry over into his exhausted slumber.  He sleeps long and cannot be awaken for hours, save some magic or some grand event.  He doesn't sleep well.  Flapping wings, red eyes in the night, mutters and curses in dark tongues plague his haunted dreams.

Back to top Go down
Zaroak

avatar

Posts : 2077
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 28
Location : Monroe, Mi

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:39 am

Upon Celovar receiving word Trip arrives me makes his way to the gate picking the man up and carrying him off to some place quiet and comfortable. He would see to any of his wounds, but would not clean him up. He also sends word to Alania.
Back to top Go down
Demon2k3



Posts : 347
Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:16 am

Upon news Melorions would seek out Celovar and ask him where trip is and ask to see to talk to him as soon as things allow
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

avatar

Posts : 2077
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 28
Location : Monroe, Mi

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:29 pm

The guards would easily point out where Trip was taken by Celovar. Behind the Travelers Star.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   

Back to top Go down
 
A lost battle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» A lost battle
» A Lost Pulse
» The lost treck of Kiaki
» 110319 Has Tiffany lost too much weight?
» Mission to Planet Lost Paradise

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: The Cormathor, Myth Drannor, and Lathander Settlement-
Jump to: