Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 A lost battle

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gode

avatar

Posts : 494
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 28
Location : Israel

PostSubject: A lost battle   Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:23 am

For two weeks Tay'lin goes into the forest at dusk and for two weeks she has been returning bleeding and beaten back at dawn.
The little graceful lady certainly do pushes herself to the edge over and over again. But for how long will she survive this lost battle by herself? She was surely just lucky so far that she did not fall to a special umbush that was prepared just for her after all the casualties she caused.

Maybe she was stupid to not acvitely recruit more to her cause, but she simply would not wait. Something must be done with this drow infestation.

Bruised and dirty she returned again exhausted to Myth Drannor, marching trough the camp slowly, for another much needed rest.
Back to top Go down
Noltem

avatar

Posts : 1143
Join date : 2013-06-19
Age : 27
Location : Spain

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:05 am

If the elf stumbled upon Starwood's lake she would notice no hostile creatures are around, just a human training with his sword.
Back to top Go down
Kuitenknieper

avatar

Posts : 933
Join date : 2010-12-10
Location : Wildest Westphalia

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:20 am

One morning, Piak sees Tay'lin return bloodied after he himself returns from a longer night in the Traveller's Star. Raising an eyebrow, he inquires where her wounds come from.
In case she tells the truth, he would insist to go with her a few times in the following days, applying his usual tactics to ambush ambushes and covering her flanks.
In case she declines his help, he will follow her anyways, most likely unseen until he strikes.
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

avatar

Posts : 2077
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 28
Location : Monroe, Mi

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:45 pm

Should Celovar find her beaten and bloody he would ask her what happened and offer his assistance.
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

avatar

Posts : 3622
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 39
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:07 pm

Having talked with Tay'lin recently about this, Nadin kept interest in know about her journeys into Starwood. He will meet with her as soon as possible to both agendas.

//will try meet her IG
Back to top Go down
Gode

avatar

Posts : 494
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 28
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Tay'lin would accept Piak's offer gladly.
She would tell him how desperately outnumbered she is there and how most common soldiers simply cannot hope to best drow at the heavy nights of Cormanthyr.
She would invite him to go over and over with her to Starwood if he wishes, but she will warm him that it is far from being a tea party.

Edited: She would smiles to Celovar and tell him of her battles in Starwood. She will tell him her injuries are of no concern. "We cannot let them win that part of the forest my friend. If you can, please help me there."

\\I actually go there ICly a lot alone.
Sorry I missed your reply Zaroak


Last edited by Gode on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Demon2k3



Posts : 347
Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:55 pm

An elf with an expressionless and cold gaze would approach her after some time, when he speaks of the drow a passion can be heard
I am willing to assist you in your troubles, i am trained in hunting drow. My name is Melorion.
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

avatar

Posts : 3622
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 39
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Nadin pays a visit to Starwood and dispatch some dhaerow troops, with the aid of Celoril, with their swords dripping the tainted dark elf blood. The Keeper had no word of Tay'lin in the night, but Starwood is big to cover, maybe another day he thinks. The drow at certain point seemed to have the advantage, puting him and Celoril in a bad position, but the sun elf refused to drop his guard, as his companion, and the two prevailed in that night.
Back to top Go down
Gode

avatar

Posts : 494
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 28
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:07 am

Yet another sleepless night pass as the lady marches armed and ready to slay more of these dark monsters.
She sometimes wonder how long will it take before the vengeful drow will try to make her answer for her mockery.

She passes where more drow lie dead. Hmm, someone else has been here. she smiles. Tay'lin checks the bodies carefully, still fully keened and listening to every small sound around her, this could be a trap after all.
The cuts are gracefull and deadly, yet not deep enough or at a sensitive organs, this is not a work of a rouge or assassin, but a blade singer. Tay'lin wonders who Probably Nadin She thinks to herself, Few can match this skill.

The wind shifts and her right ear jumped suddenly, it does not whisper as before.
She reached for her shield and whispered a spell into her blade. She turned around and swinged her blade at the same time, just in time to gut a drow assassin behinde her.
10 more approached now, no 20..maybe 30? It's so hard to see or hear them properly.
Their steps are everywhere.
She is in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Demon2k3



Posts : 347
Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:50 am

Melorion would during his patrols follow her to the starwood, observe in silence and put down any drow that would attempt to retreat and then return into the shadows, he would keep this process up every night. As he sees her troubles increasing he would start to encircle the drow. Putting arrows into the drow relocate quickly to keep them on their guard, not firing more than three shots max before he relocates
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

avatar

Posts : 3622
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 39
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:42 am

For a few days Nadin went alone to Starwood, but he didnt manage to go deep, even the bodies he found were usually those he had slain previously. The Keeper than leads a group of defenders, and in formation they go, Wendal, Corb, Celoril, Melorion, Leo, while the ar'tel'quessir insist in keep formation, himself makes hard sometimes to the others follow him, with fast and hard charges. His intention clearly to draw atention to him, leaving open flanks to the others. Deep they went in Cormanthor, aiding other Akh'Velahr, finishing drow ambusher parties, defending positions and striking hard the drow, but not without a price, tel'quessir died, his group was severily hurt and even needed refuse the call of Arvandor. The Keeper himself pretended to be fine to lead by example, but he was beated, sick and dried. How many drow he finished by himself he couldnt even say so deep in his bladesong trance when engaged, but with their united forces Starwood and a small portion of Cormanthor had a considerable drop in drow numbers, a victory no doubt... Still he didnt see Tay'lin in that night.


Last edited by Vall Moon on Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kuitenknieper

avatar

Posts : 933
Join date : 2010-12-10
Location : Wildest Westphalia

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:20 am

//short question, is this open rp for everyone who participated so far? In other words, can I just assume Piak went with Tay'lin and rp here accordingly?
Back to top Go down
Gode

avatar

Posts : 494
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 28
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:04 am

\\Hm, well Nadin's post is following an event they had I think. Personally I go there a lot to fight the drow. But I guess it's open forum RP so go a head.
Back to top Go down
Kuitenknieper

avatar

Posts : 933
Join date : 2010-12-10
Location : Wildest Westphalia

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:18 am

While Tay'lin defends herself against the mass of drow, a shrill shriek can be heard from the rear ranks of the attackers. For just moments, one can see a silhouette inbetween the dark line of trees, and two drow lie on the ground, one with a pierced neck, the other with a slit throat. Wether the drow attack the shadow or not, it disappears behind a tree after the short but deadly attack, only to repeat the procedure moments later, at a different location of the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

avatar

Posts : 3622
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 39
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:41 am

((Only to clarify as I dont like too ooc messages in IC threads :p - yes that follows an event, but its too a mention to some progression of the AV efforts following Tay'lin example, as mentioned in first and last phrases/
Back to top Go down
Gode

avatar

Posts : 494
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 28
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:24 pm

Tay'lin looks around and try to assess the situation.
Too many steps..too many shadows.. too many whispers.
She is completely unware of Piak's and Melorion's presence.

Tay'lin speaks few words and gesture with her hands, seconds later few images of her stand around her.
The drow begin their attack before she ended her casting, but while the warriors charged forward most of the arrows missed her, besides of two.
She was hit above her arm pit, right in the shoulder and her thigh. The drow were lucky with their shots.
She started charging towards some of the warriors, at least closing on some of the archers and mages.
When she came face to face with the warriors she jumped twice and rolled right besides them to keep her running towards the archers.
Only when she thought she was close enough she opened her mouth and let the magic flow through it.

Huge waves of sonic power thundered through the whole forest, shaking trees, stones and the earth itself. Some of the drow were simply shattered from the power of the sound as Tay'lin moving gracefully between them slashing to her left and right with a hand and a half blade.
And then another wave hit and another and another. It seems that for each wave, while the drow falter Tay'lin becomes stronger and stronger. Their holes and cuts are sealed magically in her flesh and she keeps on and on.

Sadly she is still unaware of her allies presence and if they shall come to close, the horrific power might work against them.
Back to top Go down
Gode

avatar

Posts : 494
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 28
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:54 am

The battle raged on and Tay'lin fought bravely.
But the noble lady was not seen returning safely to the borders of Myth Drannor at dawn.
Just a blooded battle ground was left behinde.
Back to top Go down
KnowingMeKnowingYou

avatar

Posts : 1530
Join date : 2011-05-21
Age : 42
Location : old europe

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:04 am

after noticing her unusual absence from the council chambers for serveral days now, Auryne starts asking around the City who might have seen the Lady Lilhin last.
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

avatar

Posts : 3622
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 39
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:15 am

Nadin, after know about lady Linthariel asking around would advice her that lady Lilthin was last saw going to Starwood for several nights to confront the drow. Besides several attempts Nadin wasn't able to find her, but he recommends contact Melorion and Piak, who were in the area recently.
Back to top Go down
Kuitenknieper

avatar

Posts : 933
Join date : 2010-12-10
Location : Wildest Westphalia

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:41 am

Unless something unexpected happened, Piak might have had a chance to catch a glimpse on what happened to Tay'lin.

((anyone, feel free to say what happened, or if Piak got an unsuspected blow on the head))
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

avatar

Posts : 2105
Join date : 2009-03-08
Age : 43
Location : guess

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:21 am

blue would have noticed taylin missing from council chambers as well and inquire as to where she may be.. he may also try scrying for taylin (if she still had anything he enchanted for her).

should this fail he would send word to piak and a few others to be on look out for taylin as they are the few he would trust.. and would await word of her or for his scrying to reveal taylins location before setting out to meet her
Back to top Go down
KnowingMeKnowingYou

avatar

Posts : 1530
Join date : 2011-05-21
Age : 42
Location : old europe

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:47 am

After talking to Keeper Nadin, Auryne would seek out Piak and Melorion and question them about the whereabouts of the Councillor.
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

avatar

Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-18
Age : 98
Location : Nibiru

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:34 pm

Trip is summoned to an important council with High Harvest Mistress, Julia in the House of plenty. In the guest meeting room he finds Celovar, and a woman named Kesa, who is to be helping out with the local orphanages. With concern in their voices they simply state that the former Keeper, Tay'lin has gone missing in the Starwood after confronting the drow that infest those woods and ask that Trip go and try to track her down. It is two hours past midnight, and he won't be able to nap untill he gets on the wagon to the North Ride by first light. He packs dried fish and fruits, hearty bread, two full canteens, fills two wineskins with House of Plenty stock wine, and picks pouch of the best 'smokeleaf' grown this side of the Thunder Peaks that he has been allowed to grow in Chauntea's gardens.

He sends a letter to the barmaid at the Skull Tavern for Alaina letting her know where he has gone. If she'll get a letter anywhere, it'll be that blasted bar!

Packing up in haste he actually makes it to the crossroads coach well before dawn and pays the fee to be taken to the North Ride and sets out on foot through the Rimwood, past the ferry to Myth Drannor, into Midwood and cuts across to the Starwood, hopefully with a few hours of daylight to spare. He's rarely faced drow and he knows more about them from legend and folklore than personal experience. That said, he is no fool to underestimate them... eyes keen and ears tuned to the forest he tracks methodically. An arrow notched and his head snaps in the direction of the sound of any snapping twig, or bird disturbed from their roost. He finds some obvious signs of battle. Days old drow carcasses being picked apart by crows... drow tracks to and fro... he searches for female elf tracks amid the chaotic remnants etched into the forest floor.

Every forest is like an ancient tome who's pages are still being written in time like a diary. Once one learns to talk to the forest, one can read the secrets contained in the writings. He can only hope the rain holds another day or two before the 'pages' become too soggy.... hmm...

"maybe some smoke will help"... he ponders while pausing briefly to pack a cob pipe before continuing on tracking.

*puff puff puff*
Back to top Go down
Gode

avatar

Posts : 494
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 28
Location : Israel

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:25 pm

Trip would find tracks of a recent battle that took place few days ago.
It seems that the drow were pressing an attack against somehow and some of them fell to a wide blade.
After some distance he would cover he would see that the battle was disengaged and the humonids there started running.
Some more of them fell during that battle, but it seems that the chase went on.
There was a lot of blood without bodies around, so someone was bleeding there and bleeding hard.

The tracks, it seems, lead him towards a very spesific place - The old Elven Court.
Back to top Go down
Demon2k3



Posts : 347
Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:14 pm

Melorion would report to the council that the last location tay'lin was seen was in the starwood battling a overwhelming number of drow. He would report that he himself was there trying to assist her but their numbers being to great. Many fell but in the dust of the battle no sign of tay'lin

Once he had made his report he would go back to the location and search for tracks, signs and symbols on the drow looking for a trace or clue of who or where they came from
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A lost battle   

Back to top Go down
 
A lost battle
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» A lost battle
» A Lost Pulse
» The lost treck of Kiaki
» 110319 Has Tiffany lost too much weight?
» Mission to Planet Lost Paradise

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: The Cormathor, Myth Drannor, and Lathander Settlement-
Jump to: