Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 With a whiff of pipe smoke

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Storyteller



Posts : 138
Join date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:59 pm

The haze of smoke blowing over the grass near the Old Skull Inn is suddenly disturbed as a man in a plain robe and a pointy, wide brimmed hat appears from thin air. Striding forward to an armored soldier who stares at him dumbfoundedly, he taps him on the shoulder with his staff.

"Boy. Where can I find this Vincent fellow? And a Julia? I need to speak with both, now. Things need to be done, and I'm going to see that they're done right."

The unfortunate soldier, giving precisely the wrong answer in the form of drawing his sword in alarm, watches the old man from the peak of the nearest roof, having been teleported there with an annoyed wave. The staff taps another man, this one much more inclined to be respectful.

"Take me to them, boy. I don't have time for more games, and I'm out of pipe weed. If you have to, tell them the name is Elminster."
Back to top Go down
Greenboy3

avatar

Posts : 916
Join date : 2011-10-14
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:10 pm

As Vincent helps clean up the town, moving piles of rubble from buildings that were effected by the chaos of battle he perks a brow as a winded soldier comes running up to him. The Knight wipes the sweat from his forehead.

Everything alright?

As the soldier explains that a man name Elminster is searching for him, Vincent lets out a small laugh.

I know we are celebrating a victory, but I have work to do instead of joking..

Then the soldier proclaims he's telling the truth and the main seeks his attention Vincent nods once.

If you are truly not playing with me, I suppose I shouldn't keep this... "Elminster" waiting.. Where can I find him?

After being informed of the mans location Vincent looks to those he was helping with a bow of his head.

I'll be back to help, Helm guard.

He then departs to find this so called Elminster.
Back to top Go down
Navarre_Sallavarian

avatar

Posts : 825
Join date : 2011-04-19
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:38 pm

((A messenger comes to Julia in the second floor of the Inn, where they've set the temporary City Hall bringing the news))

You must be Kidding, are you sure that was the Name you heard???

Holy Mother, bring him here, FAST,

and go find Vincent,

we don't want to leave this man waiting.
Back to top Go down
Storyteller



Posts : 138
Join date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:41 pm

The old man looks up as the shadow of a large figure darkens his table.  He finishes packing his pipe with a pouch of pipeweed he'd acquired from a dead Zhent who did not need it anymore and lights it.

"Have a seat, young man.  Did you see this Julia girl on your way here?  I heard you two were the folks to talk to about getting this village back on it's feet.  You did a good job, you and the rest.  The time for congratulations is over though.  We have buisiness to do, and I've little time to get it done in."

The waitress halts at the table, setting down a mug of ale which the old man takes gratefully.  "It's good to have you back, Elminster.  We missed you."  She smiles, and goes back to her cleaning of the battle damage inside the tap room.

Puffing the pipe a few times, Elminster squints at Vincent.  "Something wrong with your eyes, boy?"
Back to top Go down
Greenboy3

avatar

Posts : 916
Join date : 2011-10-14
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Heavy plated steps approach the table where this Elminster sits, Vincent looks at him a bit dumbfounded though he keeps approaching with confidence and caution. Hearing him speak Vincent gets a bit closer, continuing to watch him closer and as he's about to speak the waitress brings him his ale and he watches the interaction. Hearing her words he simply blinks bringing his look back to him astounded.

Well...I guess...It's really you, Elminster.. By Helm..

Slowly he takes a seat, his eyes not moving from the man, looking as if he's about to touch the man to even test if he's real.

It's an..Honor to be in your presence, several stories of you I've heard.. But anyways... Julia seems to be the on in command here, till...The people appoint someone they find fitting. Though, thank you, much work was done in little time to get where we are now, sometimes it felt like too much.. But the people finally have their town back.

A soft smile forms as he sits a little more relaxed now with the man.

I couldn't agree more, we have much business to do and am trying to do the best I can to get it done.. Though I should...Stop rambling..

The Knight clears his throat and looks to Elminster, muttering under his breathe "Elminster.."
Back to top Go down
Storyteller



Posts : 138
Join date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Elminster looks up and blinks at the messenger. "Didn't I see you outside? Oh, yes. You're the boy I sent to find Vincent and Julia. Good. What? Oh, I have no reason to leave this tap room right now. I'm comfortable, and the ale is tastly. Please invite her down here for a drink. We're going to be here a while, and we can get something to eat while we talk."
Back to top Go down
Navarre_Sallavarian

avatar

Posts : 825
Join date : 2011-04-19
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:14 pm

Something to eat??? hehe, boy you said my favorite words

*smiles*

I'm starving... lets take a break my friends

*she speaks with her friends gathered there*

We need some refreshments, see you in a few hours,

*she goes to the first floor and looks at the table with Vincent and the old man*

Better you really be Elminster, cause I eat a LOT, and only a real Wizard could satisfy my appetite.
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

avatar

Posts : 2105
Join date : 2009-03-08
Age : 42
Location : guess

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:29 pm

blue would walk into the bar see them talking to and old man as he passed by not interupting as he was not invited he sniffs at the smoke and vaguely recall it from some past spent in shadowdale at the beginning..

blue mage would look down at the old man and nod with a respectful smile and continue to the bar oder some food and drink then head back to the temporary mages quarters..
Back to top Go down
Storyteller



Posts : 138
Join date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:37 pm

The old man grins, motioning towards a chair.  "We'll talk about your appetites and wizards later, girl.  There's more important buisiness at hand."  His expression becomes serious as he looks at them both.

"First, there's the repairs and the crops... though I imagine Glamerie and yourself will be seeing to the latter.  Then we've the matter of who's going to be running the village."

His eyes narrow.  "It's not going to be anyone from out of town.  These folk have put up with outsiders directing their every move for years now, and that's done.  So we'll leave it up to them as to who they are going to elect for their mayor... and then we'll stand by them and help them to rebuild.  It's the right thing to do.  I trust you both see my point?"  He puffs on the pipe again and sips his ale.
Back to top Go down
Navarre_Sallavarian

avatar

Posts : 825
Join date : 2011-04-19
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:50 pm

We're just temporay rulers, to make sure City will be safe, to organize things, start the reconstructions and

most important, ensure a peaceful and fair transition to the Mayor the citizens elect,

was always my thought and what I said to my friends, you have my word on that,

if you want, I can give you the City command right now and you can do as you wish Mage,

and I'll return to my duties in the Temple.

*She stands and prepares to leave*


Last edited by Navarre_Sallavarian on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Storyteller



Posts : 138
Join date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:52 pm

He smiles, nodding.  "You have the right view, but no, I'll not be taking over.  There's too much work to be done for that.  Let's just get it finished as quickly as possible, and set these people on the road to healing and recovery. And that's going to take help from both of you."

He turns his gaze on Vincent then, and waits politely.
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

avatar

Posts : 2105
Join date : 2009-03-08
Age : 42
Location : guess

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:11 am

blue over hearing last part would say here here to shadow dale recovery free election and to their protection as well..  i for one will always be watching their backs and when able defending them as well the zhent have no rights here nor should they ever.. *raises a glass of whiskey* to shadowdales new found freedom.. *he would look down to the wizard* i use to look up to you if you are really who you claim and i still do to some degree and i suspect if you are the real elminster and i hope you be just that i know you once loved this town as much as they all do..

*blue would lean down and whisper to the mage* and that being said i expect you to defend this town again as you did long ago and know i may not be an all powerful mage such as you but if i feel yyou are not giving it your all to do so i will step in and do what is needed and lets face it when it comes to the zhents i think we both know how truly mad a mage can get no matter the power one holds or not..

*he would lightly tap him on the shoulder as if a pat on the back and wish him well and go about his buisness that was requested of him..*

*he would look back to julia and vincent and put a finger to his lips as if telling them to keep his true identity secret* good luck my fellow mage and my old friends as well if i see a zhent with in reach ill make sure they vanish with out a trace.. *with that he vanishes though a portal food in hand and another drink as well*
Back to top Go down
Greenboy3

avatar

Posts : 916
Join date : 2011-10-14
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:20 am

Vincent leans back slightly crossing his arms across his armored chest as he looks to Julia with a nod then listens to Elminster. After all is said he speaks respectfully to him.

I couldn't agree more that this towns government and leadership should be chosen by the people. When I was appointed the leader of the attack to take Shadowdale back, I didn't take it for glory, nor for power. The only reason I took it was to make sure that Shadowdale was free once more and returned to the proper powers, the people. As for the crops, I may have grown as a farm boy, but the fields here are more in the Chaunteans hands then anything. But I can lend a great hand in repairing, and defending this town..
Back to top Go down
Storyteller



Posts : 138
Join date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:04 am

The archmage glowers at the dissappearing wizard a moment, then goes back to the reason he's here, muttering.

"Who in the Nines was that?  Regardless.  Then we're all on the same page.  Good.  I assume you've some folks already taking care of certain duties, repairs, and so forth?  If you would, tell me how things are organized now, and we'll take it from there.  Let's see your plans."  

With that, he begins discussing the various matters of repairing the town, and does not look kindly on any who seek to interrupt.
Back to top Go down
Navarre_Sallavarian

avatar

Posts : 825
Join date : 2011-04-19
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:53 am

We started immediately after the attack,

We already have soldiers in the streets, people taking care of the bodies, the fire and garbage,

Vincent is responsible for the donations and the Reconstruction Fund,

We've people working with the new Militia, with the Reconstruction, for the general storage, everything.

I'll soon post in the City board all the details, don't worry. Hope you'll help us now in case of an attack to the City, Elminster.

I'll go try to sleep a few hours now, have a lot of work tomorrow morning. May we continue this later???... if you excuse me gentlemen.

*she nods to both and leaves*


Last edited by Navarre_Sallavarian on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sareth675

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2011-04-07
Age : 93
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:09 am

Elminster apparently wrote:
With that, he begins discussing the various matters of repairing the town, and does not look kindly on any who seek to interrupt.

Since Tohrm had been spending a lot of his time in the tavern since the retaking of Shadowdale, it would be daft for him not to hear of the self proclaimed Elminster from appearing.

This would be the second time Tohrm had met the 'real' him. However, when he descended the taverns stairs and saw him sitting and discussing things with Julia and Vincent, he could not help himself but 'interrupt'.

Unkind words aside, Tohrm would march across the room, seething anger on his face before throwing just one punch at the wizards face. He then began spurting insults probably to the complete surprise to the rest of the tavern goers.

"Come back now all fockin' high an' mighty do yer? Get the fock out yer worthless sack a shite! Go have a look at all the folk tha've died t' take this back, an' where the fock were yer? Protector o' Shadowdale? Folk 'ere've bled more fer this place an' they ain't got naythin' t' do wit' it, an' this is yer bloody home, an' yer did nay do jack. I've got nay respect fer yer now yer bastard."
Back to top Go down
Smithers666



Posts : 612
Join date : 2011-08-27
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:32 am

Evan has been quiet all the time walking in Julias shadow just listening.
When Julia raises to get her rest he adds with a bow towards the old mage.


I'm Evan Solanor knight of Torm and Julias right hand.
If you have any thing that needs to be done while the harvest mistress takes her rest please come talk to me I will be in the temporary council chamber above.

He awaits if anybody have anything to add before he leaves...



Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

avatar

Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-18
Age : 98
Location : Nibiru

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:06 am

Trip would likely check in with Julia at the make shift town hall at the inn and smile warmly to the old man whom he has no idea who he is, but everyone seems so impressed with him. Noticing he fancies pipe-weed he would offer him a leather pouch filled with some special smoking herb he'd raised from seed on the east fringes of the forest surrounding the grove.

"I'm Trip Kindred, Chauntean of Immersea, sir.... try some of THAT!"

...hands him the pouch softly grinning.
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

avatar

Posts : 2926
Join date : 2010-11-24
Location : The dark side of the moon

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:09 am

Since the decision was made that the Inn and whatever was left of the apartments in Shadowdale would be used as temporary hospitals Karovir would most likely see the talking people and notice Tohrms outbirst while carrying some wounded refugee militia members inside. He would stop by and look at the man who is supposed to be Elminster and say: "How did it feel smoking pipe weed while others worked hard, bled and died to get this city back?" He looks to Julia: "It was decided that you lead the city until a new leader was elected by the citizen. Don't let a man full of pipe weed make any decisions about the city we fought so hard for just because he has a popular name."


Last edited by Falling Leaf on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Navarre_Sallavarian

avatar

Posts : 825
Join date : 2011-04-19
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:29 am

*On the stairs, before leaves, Julia turns back to Karovir, smiles and winks*
Back to top Go down
Storyteller



Posts : 138
Join date : 2011-04-11

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:05 pm

The old man regards his assailant gravely, unperturbed as Tohrm's fist simply bounces off, nothing but a few blue sparks, a soft hiss, and a tingling sensation briefly piercing the sudden silence. Elminster's eyes narrow slightly, he takes a long, drawn out puff of his pipe, and speaks in a solemn voice.

"You, of all people present here, you should know better, see further.

If you paid attention to half the things you should, you would know better than to waste breath and action on such folly. Did you stop to wonder why, even though Shadowdale was infested with so many infernalists and powerful mages, there is anything other than a smoking crate here now? Did you stop to wonder why the Hells didn't simply open up and swallow the town whole? Do you imagine that the Zhentarim would feel the slightest remorse or hesitation about annihilating everything and everyone here, rather than lose the city? Shadowdale is a useful tool to them, but its true devastation in Bane's name would be even more so. By Mystra's grace, did you even to stop to think about all the things that could go wrong... and didn't?"

The old mage shake his head briefly, seeming annoyed. "Clearly not. Myopic vision, yours specifically, is disappointing beyond words."

He puffs silently on his pipe for a few more seconds, then turns to those assembled, his eyes now passing over Tohrm as if he were just another piece of the scenery. "The time for celebration is over. You have accomplished great deeds, brought freedom and security for a besieged people... or have you?"

His eyes flit over to Julia, as she rises to leave, and he continues in a calm voice. "What do you even think will happen next? Did you and yours comes as true liberators, or simply want to crush enemies? Worse, was the Zhentarim position coveted? Already councils are created. Declarations are made. How many people of Shadowdale, pray tell, are included in this process?"

The old man seems not to notice that the once steady stream of smoke has stopped rising from his pipe.
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

avatar

Posts : 2926
Join date : 2010-11-24
Location : The dark side of the moon

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:48 pm

Karovir would shake his head in disbelieve and completely unimpressed after the words of the old mage. Apparently the words didn't convince him in the least and seemed to rather have encouraged him in his opinion. But he doesn't comment further having said all he had to say and he goes back to his business with the wounded.
Back to top Go down
Sareth675

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2011-04-07
Age : 93
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Tohrm did not really expect to do anything to the mage, it was more about sending a message. It seemed however that his message had fallen on deaf ears.

"Yer sit 'ere, yer claim yer helped o' so much, yet nay a single person's seen it. Claim wha' yer like, I'm the son a fockin' Cyric as far as yer concerned. Insult me as much as yer want, as ungrounded as yer are, but don't yer dare sit 'ere an' claim tha' we covet this city, t' insinuate anyone who fought fer this city is anythin' like the Zhents, shows only one thing. The Elminster o' the stories is a fake. I ain't got nay respect fer folk like yer."

With that, the bard of Shadowdale stalked off, he left 'Elminster' to his pipe, his ale and his thoughts. He had work to do, that clearly some were too 'busy' to help with.
Back to top Go down
Taeron

avatar

Posts : 973
Join date : 2011-06-09

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:02 pm

*Taeron just steps closer, ducking to get through the doorway.*

""Myopic vision, yours specifically, is disappointing beyond words." *he quotes the mage. His words are cold, slow and straight to the point*

I am afraid you are turning into a man outgrown by the shadow of his fame. You insult everyone who gave his blood and sweat for this town, by suggesting that we came to conquer Shadowdale. You know nothing about the motives of anyone here, yet you make your claims. And you stay high and mighty, believing that -your- point of view is somehow superior to the others - which is a flaw you accuse others of.

Whatever your "accomplishments" are, I am not impressed, nor will I be with that attitude. The people of Shadowdale bled while you smoked your pipe.

Get off your high horse, talk to these people as equals, or leave.

Show the wisdom an old man should carry, not the arrogance of a teenager.

*As he turns to leave, he looks to Tohrm*

That punch was supposed to be mine...
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

avatar

Posts : 2105
Join date : 2009-03-08
Age : 42
Location : guess

PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:40 pm

blue mage would have came back in dragging things for donations and seen what all happened..

he would walk over to vincent dragging the bag drop it at his feet pull out a single plate and cup lay them on the counter..

turn to the old mage and speak..

"you know what little respect i had for you is slowly wanning i half suspected that you are slowly going mad in ya time here.. now i am thinking you turning into a carnky old contankerous fool of your former self..

yes you may have done this may have done that but to sit there and ocuse those that fought for shadowdale bled for shadow dale has done more in these years for shadowdale than you can claim since your return of being like the zhents..

that shows one of two things ye have lost your ever loving mind atleast for the time being or you are indeed a fake..

which ever it is i have no time for or to figure out i know many of these people i fought with they are the best i have ever had the privilage of traveling with better than some elf human gnome halfling or half breeds of them races could ever hope to be..

i have relenquished any rights i held to reclaim my old home here to the people providing more land for them i have lost my wife here on this street to the zhent i was ran out of town by these farmers long ago due to their believe in zhentarium words..

i have aided those wishing to escape the zhent rule here and ushered them to myth drannor safely and yet i still find myself fighting for the farmers here that i loved i even paid their taxes long ago from my own pocket to sit here an be accused of being zhents by someone who is barely around when he was most needed is not only purely stupidity but shows signs of an egotistical arrogant pompose fool who cant even admit he needed help and quickly wants to run those that helped out of town but i also feel that i should keep my eyes open and inform any of the newly elected rulers or whatever by the people here to keep their eyes on you or you may have the zhentarium back here again and you may open the doors to them..

i no longer trust you my self after hearing such words..

but i am an elf of my word after our time is done here we see the people can handle it on their own they know how to fight even better their lands are defencible and crops have been planted the banite taint is gone from here i will leave i will go by home to my beloved myth drannor and i will be happy doing so knowing we left it to a well capable bunch of folk to run who are more confident in their abilities to do so and unlike some contankerous old fool not afraid to ask for help should they need such..

they have nothing to fear from us but you on the other hand i suggest they keep an eye on..

*he then turns to vincent* blondie my old friend see that this stuff goes to those in the milita its armor shields potions healing kits and the likes we have gathered and reparied or had made by the smiths and mages here.. if it cant be used melt it down turn back to ingots and use for what ever you can for the people.. *he turns to leave*

passing by the old mage he scoffs lightly saying "contankerous old fool hearty mage sit down shut up enjoy your prescious drink and pipe eat be merry as you are no doubt a lonely old fart taking things out on other is a specialty i for one do not want aquire"  he walks towrds the door and vanishes in thin air continuing on his tasks appointed to him..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: With a whiff of pipe smoke   

Back to top Go down
 
With a whiff of pipe smoke
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Smoke Goggles
» Smoke Bomb
» Buff leather and pipe clay?
» A Hunt Begins-Destination looming-Fate sealed-
» scots uniforms

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Shadowdale-
Jump to: