Realm Of The Old Gods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realm Of The Old Gods

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Server direct IP connection: 209.133.192.82:5121
Join Discord Server: https://discord.gg/jYHJe2v
Forums construction in progress!

A Wild Fool and the Abyss

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DM Muse
Dungeon Master

Experience Points : 9

A Wild Fool and the Abyss Empty
PostSubject: A Wild Fool and the Abyss   A Wild Fool and the Abyss EmptyFri May 15, 2020 4:48 am

Flames burst high out of the campfire at the trading camp. Voices from the fire seem to be heard by several who were there. It did not take long before those with the skills to perceive and understand the forces of magic and weave, to grasp that a portal of some sort had been opened . . . by whom was not known, and why in the fire?
"Is any one there??", cried out a voice. Please for help came forth, as the various folks at the camp wondered what was going on.
Suddenly ! . . a spell ripped forth from the fire portal . . and the entire camp went into a wild and hostile fray. Blades bashed against shield,as unprepared minds were thrown into confusion. There was screaming and killing at every turn, until many had fallen, or fled. Those who were not taken by the epic powered spell struggled to keep their minds focused and their fears under control.
"OOOps ! I am sorry . ..Did i do that?? I did not mean to . . . is any one STILL there??", cried out the voice again from the fire.
Other voices could be heard, shaming and blaming that it was stupid to try to work scrolls with no skill. Evidently, the apparent attack that cost lives and sanity was no more than a foolish error by a person who could not control what they did. But, the voices cried out for help.
Those with enough perception to peer into the portal might understand its origin.
The Abyss! . . . first level . . . and it was seen that the place was a castle owned by a slaver demon lord. Though the name was seen, it was not spoken at the camp to keep it a secret. Secrets were often a source of both wealth and power at the right time, to the right people.
"They are coming! Quick, turn this off, or they will see!", cried out one of the voice from the far side of the fire portal.
As quickly as it had begun, it ended. The portal closed, but not before the voices of feared masters were heard, taking control of the scene on that distant place.

Even so, the wild events of the night had only begun, as a wild person became ensnared by both an artifact that located where the portal had opened, . . . and his own hate for those of Myth Drannor.
Back to top Go down
DM Muse
Dungeon Master

Experience Points : 9

A Wild Fool and the Abyss Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wild Fool and the Abyss   A Wild Fool and the Abyss EmptyFri May 15, 2020 5:04 am

"Take me to a place where many gather, where elves walk." , spoke the mystic, dark voice in the mind of the one who had accidentally discovered the enchanted dagger in the fire where the portal had erupted.
"What will you GIVE me for that??", thought the carrier of the dagger.
"what do you WANT?", came the answer.
Indeed the carrier understood the power in his hand, and related his desire to the enchanted dagger that had an abyssal name engraved into it.
Giggling like a child, the carrier danced and skipped, thinking of exactly where to place the dagger, fully expecting it to burst open a portal to the abyss. But he had never been to this place, and so he ventured across the Dales, seeking an entrance to the forbidden place.
He had no idea how lucky he was, that the mythal of Myth Drannor had been corrupted by void stones placed by the Chronomage Zsalat, enough to allow passage through the back cave in the forest . . .into the city . . . Other wise this plan would have abruptly ended. But. it did not.
Amazed at the sheer beauty of the legendary city, the carrier made his way to a sacred temple, where once entered, he was approached by a woman who seemed to be some sort of holy person.
"Bury me in her HEART and you shall have all you desire . . .do it NOW!", shouted the voice in the carrier's mind, as he, almost as a puppet on abyssal strings, plunged the blade into her, and ran!
Behind him, as he fled in almost panic, he heard the portal rip open!

. . . "I have just received a raven.", Elektra spoke in the back bar of Misty Falls Keep. "It seems that Zsalat may have returned, though we all though he was slain after opening portals inside the corrupted mythal . . and flooding half the city with Abyssals. A new portal was opened inside a temple, . and yet. . .oddly . . . nothing came OUT of it. Instead, a vortex pulled folks IN. Quite strange. But, all too late, the portal was dispelled. But i wonder if some how Zsalat has returned. Chronomages can do amazing tricks with time."
Among those listening at the bar, was the guilty carrier, who pretended to know . . . nothing.
Back to top Go down

A Wild Fool and the Abyss
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Realm Of The Old Gods :: COMMUNITY IC :: DM STORIES-
Jump to: