Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Rimwood Patrol

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:22 am

tjhyland wrote:
Iwean will dodge the figure with the long sword and fire at the one with the crossbow.

Iwean tries to dodge the swordfighter and fires at the crossbowmen. The Swordsfighter manages to slightly nick his shoulder and draw blood. An arrow from Iweans Bow hits the crossbowmen squarely in the chest as he grunts in pain.
Iwean would hear the voice of the invisible Balin "Lad, hit him hard we need get out of here!"
Iwean would hear a loud *thud* as Balin drops the unconscious elf and becomes visible again as his Handaxe hit the Swordfighter.

jalmynar wrote:
As the syrenght begins to leave Valtore's limbs he drops his heavy shield and wand. Drawing the sword of his ancestor's he charges the figure before him, stumbling a bit as he does so, and attacks with all his might.

The Drow seems a bit suprised that Valtore still has so many strenghtreserves and is taken a bit by suprise by the stumbling charge of the Dwarf. Valtore manages to land a hit, wich the Drow swiftly returns with his shortsword, taking advantage of the missing shield.

Serebane wrote:
Knowing the bear would make a sufficient distraction, perhaps even injuring its opponent in the process before dissipating from sustaining enough damage to its translucent form, Lhanir looks to see one last adversary beside the dwarf. His stumbling caused her to wonder of his injuries, if they were superficial and deterring, or worse and that he would not last long against the figure.

Whomever the attackers were, it was obvious that they were against the Ironhouse clan. Against the forest itself had yet to be determined, but they didn't seem to offer much hesitation upon seeing a bear lunge before them. She desired answers, which meant only one of them needed to live, and the dwarf would likely get a stern finger-wagging for his careless flame-throwing actions. Of course, for him to hear it he too would need to survive.

The druidess shifted suddenly, taking on the form of an oversized wolf with spines protruding from its back. She darted back and away from her spot, making a large half-circle through the trees to be less noticeable before emerging beside the fog and towards Valtore's opponent with teeth bared.

Lhanir would see the Dwarf exchanging blows with the masked as she rushes towards the two.
She would also hear the Drow Wizard bark serveral harsh words (wich she would recognize as a "Dismissal" spell) and then hear her Phantom bear scream as his form is send away from this plane.
The Drow gives a wicked chuckle as he now turns his attention on the newly arrived Dire Wolf.
The other drow who were engaging the Bear now run towards Valtore, one of the three newly emerged firing another Crossbow bold at the valiantly fighting Dwarf.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

avatar

Posts : 2111
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 41
Location : somewhere not normal

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:28 am

Valtore uses the superior reach of his longsword to fight back against his foe. He relies on his master training with the sword to make up for his weakened state. As the magical bear roars and fades away he notices the other three enemies. Quickly rolling to the side he tries to avoid the bolt. He rises low and strikes at the legs of the foe in front of him. Hoping if he can drop this one the others will see him as a significant threat to draw all of them to him.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 58
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:23 am

Iwean continues to dodge and fire.
Back to top Go down
Serebane

avatar

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 103

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Throughout the onslaught, the wolf dodges and counters, eying the dwarf periodically in an attempt to see where his wounds were, and if they could be remedied to help him fight more properly against the drow. (Spot or Survival, whichever is more necessary to identify the poison)
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:19 am

jalmynar wrote:
Valtore uses the superior reach of his longsword to fight back against his foe. He relies on his master training with the sword to make up for his weakened state. As the magical bear roars and fades away he notices the other three enemies. Quickly rolling to the side he tries to avoid the bolt. He rises low and strikes at the legs of the foe in front of him. Hoping if he can drop this one the others will see him as a significant threat to draw all of them to him.

The Drow now close on Valtore a wicked gleam in their eyes.  While one stays behind to pester the Dwarf with Crossbow bolts, the others advance to dancing around him with their swords bared and occasionally lounging at him. Valtore manages to hit one hard with his Longsword and receives a scream of pain in return.
The other Drows stay near the Sorcerer protecting him from attack. A shield held high to deflect any incoming ranged attacks.

tjhyland wrote:
Iwean continues to dodge and fire.

The Swordfighter tries to close in on Iwean to prevent him from effectivly using his Longbow,he lounges at him again and again draws blood. The Crowssbowman employs a quite similiar tactic to Iwean, dodging and firing, although he doesnt has to dodge any melee combattant.
Balin would scream "oh no ye dont, ye bloody oaf" and hits the swordfighter hard in the side with his axe. The Dwarf would then grunt "Wut?!" as a crossbow bolt hits him in the neck. The Dwarf starts to sway gently and rolls his eyes.

Serebane wrote:
Throughout the onslaught, the wolf dodges and counters, eying the dwarf periodically in an attempt to see where his wounds were, and if they could be remedied to help him fight more properly against the drow. (Spot or Survival, whichever is more necessary to identify the poison)

As Lhanir enters the Mist the Drow sorcerer had invoked her vision blurres for a moment. She can see the wounds the crossbow bolts caused but isnt able to say what kind of poison is at work just from a glance at the wounds. The Drow circling Valtore would be careful not to turn their back at the dire wolf.
The Drow Sorcerers hands move in spellcasting gestures and suddenly the drow around Valtore move with lightning speed.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 58
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:44 am

I wean will summon Roan and send him after the bowman.  He will then redirect his attention to the Swordsman.  He will look to cripple him in an attempt to open the distance.  If successful he will erect a blade barrier with Mass Curse of Impending Blades spell.  He will try to effect as many of the enemy as possible.  If the Swordman is distracted he check what the Bowman is doing and fire at him if a an immediate threat if not he will continue with the Swordman.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:08 am

tjhyland wrote:
I wean will summon Roan and send him after the bowman.  He will then redirect his attention to the Swordsman.  He will look to cripple him in an attempt to open the distance.  If successful he will erect a blade barrier with Mass Curse of Impending Blades spell.  He will try to effect as many of the enemy as possible.  If the Swordman is distracted he check what the Bowman is doing and fire at him if a an immediate threat if not he will continue with the Swordman.

Iwean summons Roan who immediatly jumps to attack the Bowmen,
while he summons his companion, the Swordsman lands a wicked hit on his shoulder, drawing blood.
Balin now stumbles mumbling and cursing falling to the ground uncounscious next to the fallen elf after taking a last bolt from the crossbowmen. As Roan jumps at him, the crossbowmen draws his blade to defend himself agains Iweans companion.

Iwean casts the Curse and suddenly dark phantom blades appear in the air, slashing and attacking the Drow, harrasing them.

...

As Lhanir and Vatore seem stunned by the recent attacks not taking any other actions than to defend themselves, the drow use that opportuity to push their attack on the dwarf and the shapechanged druid. Their spellenhanced Speed giving them the edge in the fight. The two find themselves surrounded now by constantly lightning fast circling drow, slashing at them. Lhanir takes a hit from a bolt but her natural immunity to poison protects her from ist more malevolent effects.

The Drow spellcaster casts another spell and a Succubus appears near Lhanir in a puff of putrid smelling smoke with a wicked grin on her face.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 58
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:39 am

Iwean will use HiPS and open the distance.  If the swordman continues his attack he will continue attacking him.  If not he will check on the downed elf and dwarf. He will attack any attacking them.  If the downed people are not being attacked he will attack the drow swordman that was attacking him earlier.


Last edited by tjhyland on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot about not being able to see far)
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

avatar

Posts : 2111
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 41
Location : somewhere not normal

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Valtore stumbles forward, the poison taking it's toll. He holds his wand of fireballs and actives it, pointing straight up through a opening in the canopy. The little ball of light flies high in the air before making the explosion. The dwarf then drops his sword and wand from numb fingers. He falls face down in the dirt and lays unmoving.
Back to top Go down
Serebane

avatar

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 103

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:29 pm

The speed at which the Arch Druid would see and move would leave her perturbed, the feeling exacerbated by the bolt puncturing through her fur and skin, though almost painlessly due to her protection spells and immunities. Knowing her next move would have been to aid the dwarf, the action was to be followed through at the sight of him collapsing, only to have it be held off again as the drow began to advance.

She concentrated and murmured out a spell, the sound in her form being that of a guttural rumble as she began to cast a spell to affect the entirety of the area. Lightning would crackle in the sky and coalesce around the drow and themselves in turn, affecting the dark elves more specifically. (Storm of Vengeance, 10 rounds)

If the spell would distract and prevent the drow from effectively attacking long enough, Lhanir would proceed to cast a second spell, (Neutralize Poison) to cleanse the blood of the dwarf beside her legs.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:07 am

tjhyland wrote:
Iwean will use HiPS and open the distance.  If the swordman continues his attack he will continue attacking him.  If not he will check on the downed elf and dwarf. He will attack any attacking them.  If the downed people are not being attacked he will attack the drow swordman that was attacking him earlier.

as Iwean checks the downed elf and dwarf he would notice that hey are still breathing. As Iwean blends into the shadows, the Drow advances on the unconscious pair, while the Crossbowmen now battles Roan who attacks him fiercly.

Serebane wrote:
The speed at which the Arch Druid would see and move would leave her perturbed, the feeling exacerbated by the bolt puncturing through her fur and skin, though almost painlessly due to her protection spells and immunities. Knowing her next move would have been to aid the dwarf, the action was to be followed through at the sight of him collapsing, only to have it be held off again as the drow began to advance.

She concentrated and murmured out a spell, the sound in her form being that of a guttural rumble as she began to cast a spell to affect the entirety of the area. Lightning would crackle in the sky and coalesce around the drow and themselves in turn, affecting the dark elves more specifically. (Storm of Vengeance, 10 rounds)

If the spell would distract and prevent the drow from effectively attacking long enough, Lhanir would proceed to cast a second spell, (Neutralize Poison) to cleanse the blood of the dwarf beside her legs.

As Valtore finally succumbs to the poison and falls to the ground, Lhanir summons the wrath of nature down on the drow. Lightning flashes and acidic rain hails down on the attackers, burning and scorching them.
The Succubus seems mostly unaffected by the Lightning and acid as well.. only taking minor burns from the acid. After Lhanir casted her Storm of Vengeance spell, the Succubus suddenly appears in middair between her and the dwarf obviously adamant in keeping her from reaching the unconscious Loremaster. The Succubus slashes at the Wolfshaped Druid with her claws, drawing some blood.

The Drow sorcerer while being burned and scorched, retreats with his bodyguard out of the area of effect of the storm with magic enhanced speed. One of the Drow battling Valtore suddenly stops moving and stands there motionless while the acidic rain burns his flesh. After he reached a safe area he would start casting a spell (Lhanir would recognize as Protection from energy). The other three drow now retreat out of the area of the storm as well and one of them throws a dagger at Lhanir, embedding the dagger in her back with a lucky hit.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 58
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:34 am

Iwean will directs his attacks at the Drow closest to the downed, trying to stay out of melee range. When given a chance will cast heal companion on Roan.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

avatar

Posts : 2111
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 41
Location : somewhere not normal

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:33 am

Twitch twitch as he is effected by the lightening. The acid seems not to effect the dwarf's body. (Acid DR of 20)
Back to top Go down
Serebane

avatar

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 103

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:09 pm

Sustaining dagger and slashes alike, the druiddess would only be further driven to fight despite her growing injuries, her incentives now quite clear as they turn upon her instead of the dwarf. She would rumble again - temporarily ignoring the drow as they were forced to move briefly to a distance- attempting to concentrate further whilst combating the succubus to protect herself even moreso (Storm Avatar, Extended spell) before lunging towards the female monster between herself and the dwarf.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:50 am

tjhyland wrote:
Iwean will directs his attacks at the Drow closest to the downed,  trying to stay out of melee range.  When given a chance will cast heal companion on Roan.

After loosing another volley of arrows, Iwean comes to the aid of his wounded companion. Positive energy flows through his hands as he murmers a quick prayer and touches Roan.
The Drow battling Roan uses the opportunity to attack Iwean.

The other Drow concentrates for a moment and then the world becomes pitch black covered in a mantle of Darkness. Iwean would hear someone shouting something in a foreign language

Serebane wrote:
Sustaining dagger and slashes alike, the druiddess would only be further driven to fight despite her growing injuries, her incentives now quite clear as they turn upon her instead of the dwarf. She would rumble again - temporarily ignoring the drow as they were forced to move briefly to a distance- attempting to concentrate further whilst combating the succubus to protect herself even moreso (Storm Avatar, Extended spell) before lunging towards the female monster between herself and the dwarf.

As Lhanir Infuses herself with the power of nature again, enveloping herself in roiling clouds of a lightning spitting storm, her movements become even faster as those of the drow around her. The Succubus is momentarily suprised by her speed, allowing Lhanir to land a wicked hit with her fangs. The Succubus would let out a shriek of pain and lash wildly with her claws at the Wolf trying her best to keep herself interposed between the wolf and the Dwarf. The Lighnting from her Storm Avatar spell doenst seem to affect the Succubus at all.
Lhanir would hear a male voice shouting something in a foreign language and would hear and see the Sorcerer reply something as well. The Sorcerer and his Bodyguard as well as another of the Drow would start moving away from the storm with their magical enhanced speed, in the direction of Iwean. The two other Drow would cover his retreat while firing bolts at Lhanir but the bolts are deflected by the raging storm shield around the Druidess. The Drow trapped in the storm continues to stand stunned, twitching from the Lightning hitting him and his flesh slowly melting from the acid raining down.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 58
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:49 pm

Iwean will cast tripvine between himself and the attacking Drow. He will retreat and HiPS. Opening the range to outside melee.
Back to top Go down
Serebane

avatar

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 103

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:59 am

Lhanir's attempts would be almost entirely directed at the succubus until the creature would be rendered dead, allowing her the opportunity to finally approach the dwarf and neutralize the poison in his system. Knowing the power of particular demons and devils, the druidess was well aware that even with the drow at her back the succubus wouldn't last long.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:02 am

tjhyland wrote:
Iwean will cast tripvine between himself and the attacking Drow.  He will retreat and HiPS.  Opening the range to outside melee.

As the Darkness covers everything around him, robbing him of the last bit of his sight, Iwean cast his spell and the plants on the ground begin to twist and writhe about, trying to find a victim to ensnare.
Iwean blends in with the Darkness and retreats some steps.
He can hear the healed Roan bravely continuing his ferocious assault on the drow, fletching his fangs and ripping pieces of flesh from the cursing drow.
He can hear the other drow cursing as he makes his way through the twisting tripvines.
The Drow shouts again something in a foreign language and gets a reply from not very far away.
It sounds to Iwean like serveral more Drow are now closing in on his Location in the Darkness.

Serebane wrote:
Lhanir's attempts would be almost entirely directed at the succubus until the creature would be rendered dead, allowing her the opportunity to finally approach the dwarf and neutralize the poison in his system. Knowing the power of particular demons and devils, the druidess was well aware that even with the drow at her back the succubus wouldn't last long.
As Lhanir sinks her fangs into the screaming succubus, tearing pieces of flesh out, her mouth is filled with the bitter taste of the unnatural creature blood, almost causing her to vomit. The Succubus defends herself with her claws and tears at the Wolves pelt but Lhanirs relentless assault proves to be too strong and she soon lands the killing blow as she tears out the Demons throat, causing the creature to melt into a puddle of gree and black goo. Lhanirs way to Valtore would now be free.
The stunned Drow trapped in the storm still twitches and looks like he is about to fall down as more and more of his flesh is melted from his body by the acidic rain.

Out of the Corner of her eyes she sees the other drow and the Sorcerer entering the are of the magical Darkness. Two of the Drow covering their restreat and keeping an eye on the Druid.
The Sorcerer and his entourage move to the fallen elf and dwarf.
Back to top Go down
Serebane

avatar

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 103

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:42 pm

With the collapsing of the succubus Lhanir rumbled deeply and hastily, casting the spell necessary to remove the poison in the dwarf's body. When that was complete she would stand at the ready again, surveying the scene to determine what else was happening. Through heavy panting and squinting eyes she could see and hear the drow moving away, heading into a magically shadowed area.

She would wait to see if her spell would be take effect and be successful before following through with her next action.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 58
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:09 pm

IWEAN will retreat to a safe distance and Fire 5 flaming arrows in the direction of the post. He will then activate HiPS.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:46 am

Serebane wrote:
With the collapsing of the succubus Lhanir rumbled deeply and hastily, casting the spell necessary to remove the poison in the dwarf's body. When that was complete she would stand at the ready again, surveying the scene to determine what else was happening. Through heavy panting and squinting eyes she could see and hear the drow moving away, heading into a magically shadowed area.

She would wait to see if her spell would be take effect and be successful before following through with her next action.

The healing energy flows from Lhanir into the fallen Dwarf as she touches him gently with a paw. The purifying magic burns away all poison in Valtores System and the dwarves eyes flutter open again.

Looking towards the retreating drow, her magic enhanced sight pentrating the darkness, she can see the Sorcerer kneeling down. She looses sight of him for a moment as the other retreating drow block her view. As the drow continue to retreat dodging flaming arrows fired by a blinded Iwean, she can see that the Sorcerer as well the fallen dwarf and elf are gone.
More magical globes of darkness are dropped on the area as the drow now start a full retreat.

tjhyland wrote:
IWEAN will retreat to a safe distance and Fire 5 flaming arrows in the direction of the post. He will then activate HiPS.

Iwean fires his flaming arrows into the darkness and steps back into the shadows behind some cover as more darkness surrounds him, again robbing him of his sight.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1012
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 58
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:03 am

Iwean will stay camouflaged. He will make his way towards where he last seen fallen Dwarf and Elf. ///assuming he doesn't know the drow are retreating. The 5 arrows were fired as signals towards the post////
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

avatar

Posts : 2111
Join date : 2011-06-30
Age : 41
Location : somewhere not normal

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Valtore wakes as the magic clears the poison from his system. He tries to recover as quickly as he can, using his blue dragon scale shield to Ward off attacks. Only knowing that he had sent away his two subcommanders and not sure who is who he tries to assess the situation.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

avatar

Posts : 4604
Join date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:32 pm

tjhyland wrote:
Iwean will stay camouflaged.  He will make his way towards where he last seen fallen Dwarf and Elf.  ///assuming he doesn't know the drow are retreating.  The 5 arrows were fired as signals towards the post////

Iwean would slowly and carefully make his way through the Darkness, he would hear Roan growling nearby.

jalmynar wrote:
Valtore wakes as the magic clears the poison from his system. He tries to recover as quickly as he can, using his blue dragon scale shield to Ward off attacks. Only knowing that he had sent away his two subcommanders and not sure who is who he tries to assess the situation.

Valtore Looks around and the first thing he would see is a big dire wolf right next to him, so near he can feel the breath of the beast. The Wolf looks around with ist yellow eyes, scanning the surroudings
The last thing he remembers was shoving somethig into Balins hand and sending him away to safety with Tyne and then fighting some viscious drow.
Back to top Go down
Serebane

avatar

Posts : 1046
Join date : 2012-03-05
Age : 103

PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Noting that the drow seemed to be retreating to cover more than just distance between them, the druidess gave them a moment longer to disappear from her senses before shifting back into her normal form, green mask covering her face and, her cowl sitting comfortably atop her head once again.

She winced behind the mask, reflecting on the wounds now apparent on her body. A simple spell of Cure Serious Wounds seemed to remove the majority, leaving the more superficial injuries to heal naturally.

Once the area seemed more quiet, she spoke to the dwarf. "You recover quickly, but don't go charging after the drow... they're going to be running back to their holes for the time being. Do you believe your friend made it to safety?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Rimwood Patrol   

Back to top Go down
 
Rimwood Patrol
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Dead on Patrol
» infantry patrol jacket
» Patrol Jacket Patterns of the Zulu War
» OR patrol jackets
» Justice Patrol

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Freehaven, Castle Krag, Dwarves and All Other Areas-
Jump to: