Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 LOUD NOISES!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DM Asynja

avatar

Posts : 977
Join date : 2013-04-19

PostSubject: LOUD NOISES!!!!!   Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:19 am

In the wee hours of the morning, loud explosions could be heard coming from just east of Shadowdale. Upon investigation, it was found that Zaburra was there, blasting a large hole into the ground. With him, were Crypto, Elektra, and Sulee. Crypto was working on cutting down trees while Elektra and Sulee kept watch.

When Zaburra was sure he had dug deeply enough, he took on the form of a demon and jumped in to dig with Crypto's help. Hours later, the hole took shape, becoming a fourty by fourty by sixteen foot deep pit. When this was done, Zaburra took his leave, while Crypto and Elektra worked toward bringing the felled trees over to the pit.

Though Zhentarim troops were curious, because it was Zaburra leading the project, none interfered. Now, the pit sits there, empty, waiting, but for what purpose?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

// OOC Note: As a temporary measure, until we can get the hole implemented in game, there is currently a large swamp acting a place holder. It's larger than the hole is going to actually be, but for the time being it will have to do. Will update later with screen shots of an actual pit. Until then, please RP the swamp as a giant hole in the ground. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
bsavvy



Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: LOUD NOISES!!!!!   Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:27 am

Furin Backbreaker beats his goblin slaves while he aided the Weavemaster in his task. The first goblin slave to stall was promptly slain as an example to the others. Furin declined asking about Zaburra's plans, nor doing much of anything save minding his slave's work.

"Put yer backs intae it yer useless turds. 'afore I cut ye down jes' like yer wanker kinsman. Werk! Werk! Ye puss covered rats!" He called out at once point, before kicking one of the goblins in the back of the head.

Relentlessly, he was an example of how Backbreaker had earned their clan name.
Back to top Go down
KnowingMeKnowingYou

avatar

Posts : 1530
Join date : 2011-05-21
Age : 42
Location : old europe

PostSubject: Re: LOUD NOISES!!!!!   Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:47 am

a masked female form would watch the hole and those near it from the cover of the trees not interefering, just watching...
Back to top Go down
Pentralia

avatar

Posts : 857
Join date : 2011-10-27
Age : 39
Location : Colorado Springs

PostSubject: Re: LOUD NOISES!!!!!   Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:12 pm

Acting Commander Unterminox walks out of the city on patrol and sees the digging. Upon seeing Zaburra, she approaches and speaks to him in low tones.
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

avatar

Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-18
Age : 98
Location : Nibiru

PostSubject: Re: LOUD NOISES!!!!!   Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:03 pm

*during the operation, Crypto had keen ears to the surrounding quite sure of who was in the area until the operation was complete. Afterwards by the light of the dawn, besides onlookers there would be a few shadowy full armored figures mulling around between the pit and the forest south... offering coin and advise for curious folks to head back the way they came*

"This area is closed off for a pending investigation" *in deep voice handing the person a sack of coin*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

avatar

Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-18
Age : 98
Location : Nibiru

PostSubject: Re: LOUD NOISES!!!!!   Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:51 am

*Aftermath of a bugbear ritual interupted by more determined interests*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

avatar

Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-18
Age : 98
Location : Nibiru

PostSubject: Re: LOUD NOISES!!!!!   Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:52 am

*a dark gift and shady deal*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

avatar

Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-18
Age : 98
Location : Nibiru

PostSubject: Re: LOUD NOISES!!!!!   Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:57 am

*a man in dark red plate and full helm barks orders at a line of two dozen bugbears to get into the hole. He clanks his maul on his tower shield and helps some in with an unfriendly shove to the back. He sits guard the day long with a woman and dark man, taking shifts napping lightly. Any that approach to ask questions, the man in red plate is alerted and answers*

"These are prisoners... the South woods are the site of an investigation into the disappearance of a noble's young daughter. Best help you can give is to not interfere. We have things under control."

*twenty five and more Bugbears look up from the deep pit through the spaces between the heavy logs to keep them in*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
DM Asynja

avatar

Posts : 977
Join date : 2013-04-19

PostSubject: Re: LOUD NOISES!!!!!   Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:11 am

Crypto, Elektra, and Zaburra enter the woods in search of their quarry. The moment they enter, they come across a group of Bugbears engaged in some sort of strange ritual. Though the bugbears don't notice them at first, it isn't long before a fight breaks out. Many of them are captured, and though they resist at first, Zaburra's negotiating tactics combined with Elektra and Crypto's harsh words are enough to gain the trust of one of them.

Though most of the others died during negotiations, Zaburra manages to convince Larry the Bugbear to aid them in the quest. Upon entering the nearby cave, Larry steps forward to deliver the message of our three mysterious adventurers to the rest of his Clan, but is met with laughter and hostility. Yet another another fight breaks out, and Larry dies in the skirmish.

Our brave though morally questionable heroes fight their way to the chambers of the Head Shaman, where they begin to negotiate a dark deal. Finally, after hours of hard bargaining, a deal is stuck and seemingly, all parties are satisfied.

Crypto leaves with a large group of bugbears following him, and after a long trek to the pit dug the day prior, he shoves them in. Now, the pit is filled with bugbears who fight and bicker amongst themselves, most of them speaking their native language of Goblin.
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

avatar

Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-18
Age : 98
Location : Nibiru

PostSubject: Re: LOUD NOISES!!!!!   Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:50 am

//please bear in mind Crypto and Elektra are concealing idenity for these activities. It's not apparent from the rp thus far. Thanks

((edit as per DM request))


Last edited by halfcentaur on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pentralia

avatar

Posts : 857
Join date : 2011-10-27
Age : 39
Location : Colorado Springs

PostSubject: Re: LOUD NOISES!!!!!   Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:15 am

Audrey can be seen watching the activities with a cold, impassive gaze, before turning back to town. She walks to the Shadowdale Apartments and is not seen for a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Ilharn



Posts : 136
Join date : 2012-05-22

PostSubject: Re: LOUD NOISES!!!!!   Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Sergeant Bainyrr checks in on the Pit from time to time, but otherwise does not interfere.
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

avatar

Posts : 2077
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 28
Location : Monroe, Mi

PostSubject: Re: LOUD NOISES!!!!!   Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:44 am

Celovar walks past on a patrol and looks down inside, he wonders why Bugbears were sleeping crammed in a hole then moves on.
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

avatar

Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-18
Age : 98
Location : Nibiru

PostSubject: Re: LOUD NOISES!!!!!   Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:52 pm

*A man sits leaning against a nearby tree above the hole... clad in heavy deep red full plate and helm with a thin eye slit sees Celovar by the hole at the east edge of Shadowdale. He watches him and looks up and down the road but says nothing. Every once in a while he tosses a grubby handful of meat chunks into the hole.*
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

avatar

Posts : 632
Join date : 2012-12-18
Age : 98
Location : Nibiru

PostSubject: Re: LOUD NOISES!!!!!   Wed May 01, 2013 12:31 am

In the dark of night, a squad of overseers guide a caravan of slaves from Freehaven, past the pits East of Shadowdale... now emptied... west towards bandit country. Bugbears... three score, by the frightened onlooker, haul chains dragging cheap carts overloaded thru the muck.

"IYEHHHAHHHH!"

*A whip snaps from front of the line then a dwarvish axe clanks upon clean sounding armor from behind the line*

"MOVE...or ther'll be NO slop for ye TE'NITE!"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

///and sorry for taking so long to post the above and roll with the story... it's been a real couple of hell weeks. Thanks to all the players involved and the DM's that helped on this... Atropos, Har'Oloth, Asynja, and even think Ni'kish had an assist in there as well. PM's to continue along this story will be sent in the coming days. Cheers!///
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: LOUD NOISES!!!!!   

Back to top Go down
 
LOUD NOISES!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Kiki's bunk
» Things you wouldn't dare say out loud
» The Liberators! (Private/Hika/Mission)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Shadowdale-
Jump to: