Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Imbalance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
comodohead

avatar

Posts : 1124
Join date : 2010-11-29
Age : 23
Location : GMT+1 Austria

PostSubject: Imbalance   Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:19 pm

Due to sudden dissapearence of animals in the woods around Shadowdale a tainted beeing might have been seen to pass the nearby woods. (1)

Hours later the plants seem to die off, flowers wither and swamps begin to flourish.
Maggot infestment can be seen in the trees, insects seem more aggressive toward travellers.

On the next day the bark of all oak trees (2) seem to crumble to form a symbol showing tree drips in a triangle (3).
In front of the biggest one of the oaks a big piece of brown skin (4) is strapped onto a dead branch, branded into it it says:

"You, who claim to protect nature and bring balance are the reason that blight was seeded into the heart of these woods. You brought this misery to nature upon yourself, it will not stop until my low prey has returned.
You better hurry or the blight will follow you into the cormanth. I do not plan to stop until the prey has returned

The Blighter


(1) Due to the actions which were comitted there [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(2) those who would know would recognize it as a symbol of Rillifane Rallathil and Silvanus deities of nature
(3) The symbol resembles the symbol of Talona, mother of all plagues, enemy of Silvanus
(4) Rangers, elves and the like which know how elven skin looks like might recognize it as such.


This was dm approved.
Back to top Go down
Tanya

avatar

Posts : 910
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:47 pm

Upon the change of nature Maya was exploring to see what could cause this since it looks like it was during the plague, and how could it maintain after the circle cleared it with ritual and killed blighter druid week ago. She sighs upon reading the message and suspects it is zhentarim prank. "Good thing we were able to rescue animals on time, there is no way that we'll turn against our nature gods and listen to what Talonites and Banites order us." She puts the message skin in a bag without directly touching it with her skin just in case to not infect herself, and wonders off before anyone sees it.
Back to top Go down
DM_Kraneia

avatar

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2013-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:50 pm

ADM_Kraneia wrote:

Any animals Mylanis has been able to gather mills about as the conflict ensues and even cringe away from the Druidess as she moves to heal Leo. Eventually, they move off on their own, returning to their homes as wild animals have a natural instinct to detect danger and remove themselves from it on their own accord.
((Quote taken from here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As the animals return to their homes, they are exposed to the blight and begin to get sick from eating the diseased plants and drinking the swamp like water.
Back to top Go down
BedlamX

avatar

Posts : 1158
Join date : 2011-03-03
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:09 pm

*The tall, bearded man in wooden armor walks among his tree friends scowling in disgust at the sight of the blighted trees and plants. His grip on the giant wooden mace grows tight as his eyes flare with a rage he is almost unable to contain.*

My brothers, you have born the brunt of a war you had nothing to do with. You have lived among the beasts in harmony for eons...before the first elf drew its first breath. You fall to be reborn anew as a sapling.

*His eyes flare again and his mace is wreathed in lightning and fire. He says a soft prayer and begins dropping those oaks blighted beyond his power to heal, burning them to ash which he rubs upon his face and armor. He then moves to those early in the blight and uses all the gifts his mother and Silvanus has granted him to aid in their recovery.*

Heal...or rise anew, brothers. I have walked among you and watched the so called "civilized" behavior of too many as they care not for your souls and only for the beasts. Beasts can move from danger when they wish or fight back when they must. Your only defense is your strong backs, deep roots, and hard skin. As this blighter has taken those from you, it is time I become your armor. Time I became your sword.

*The lightning and fire on the warmace flare in rhythm with the fire in his eyes as he speaks to the trees. Interestingly enough, virtually none of his attention is on the animals that scamper away from the blazing fires and the raging warrior that set them.*

Time for these children to know the true might of one of the Oak Father's Forest Masters. Protect or avenge. My sacred oath to you all.
Back to top Go down
DM_Kraneia

avatar

Posts : 1006
Join date : 2013-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:00 pm

The work the Forest Walker does to heal the blight makes a difference, though the animals have been corrupted by it. They are sick and mad with disease.
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

avatar

Posts : 839
Join date : 2011-10-13
Age : 24
Location : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:11 pm

Strangely, Mylanis is seen walking around the edges of the area, observing the animals, and visibly crying, seeing the traint spread and hurt the animals she's sworn to protect. However this is not her area anymore, and not her burden to bear. the only thing she can do, is try and make sure the taint doesn't spread outside of Fox Ridge
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:05 am

Hours later when Leo arrives in Fox Ridge, he sees what happened, and watches it with sad eyes. When he sees sick animals that Iwean stopped to leave on time, he wonders where is Iwean now to see what is the outcome of his hostility against circle who could have move animals away from the blight on time if he did not interfere with his disturbance and hostile attacks. But Leo sees that price is too heavy even if he is a proud creature, fall of all the trees and animals are not a worthy price comparing to throwing words "I told you so!" in someone's face. Leo attempts to heal what he can with blessings of Mielikki, but he does not do this as member of circle, he does it as a Lyon, and if Iwean interferes to stop him again from helping nature, this time no chains will bind Leo to answer to fire with fire.


Last edited by Cllyx on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1016
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 59
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:35 am

Iwean looks around in amazement at how this can happen all at once right in front of his eyes. He's never heard or seen of anything like this. Now that the Lyons have left he looks around the forest for the source. Wonders if he missed something. Continues to explore Fox Ridge for any signs and confirm the animals are in fact still here. He will also check the water for any comtaminates. He will mark and record any signs of advanced decay.


Last edited by tjhyland on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:30 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the note was gone.)
Back to top Go down
DM Atropos

avatar

Posts : 1048
Join date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:05 am

(( If you guys have not received tokens yet for this role play, or your role play in the Fox Ridge thread, contact a DM in game and point them to this post.

You guys have really taken initiative here and in the other thread, and some really great RP seems to have come from it. Sorry for the OOC, I just thought I'd give all of you guys some props. ))
Back to top Go down
BedlamX

avatar

Posts : 1158
Join date : 2011-03-03
Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:40 am

*The bearded Tree Brother continues to walk among the trees, offering healing to his "friends" as best he can. His eyes, caught somewhere between sorrow and burning rage, scan the area for any signs of others who would do harm to the trees. He speaks little and even the words he does utter are soft and spoken only to the trees he cares for. Occasionally, the tall forest walker tends to the blighted birds and squirrels and other beasts that used to call the trees home. Those that dwell on or beneath the ground are left to be tended to by others with closer ties to them. After several hours, the man would take a rest with the rangers. When the devastation is pointed out by them, the forest walker shrugs and softly speaks.*

Blight spreads quickly and the healing will take time. Such is the way of nature. It is always easier to destroy than preserve. The balance will be restored, my friends.

*After his rest, he returns to his duties patrolling the ridge and aiding the blighted forest.*

((Gonna try and get some time to actually be on-line in the next couple of days. Been crazy busy lately and especially after the wife being victim of a crazed, road side suicide attack by a fanatic deer. Seems the forest around here is up in arms over this blight thing, too. That one managed to take one car off the road, anyway Sad ))
Back to top Go down
Tanya

avatar

Posts : 910
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:18 am

Next day Maya returns to see what is happening to the forest. She enters gnoll cave to search for a possible source of this blight, because there was huge battle of gnolls and snake blooded creatures that night on the grounds of Fox Ridge when the blight began and when many lives were lost. She slowly loads an arrow in her bow, and carefully makes steps inside the cave. She is fully warded.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1016
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 59
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:26 am

Iwean is patroling Fox Ridge. He is checking the the areas of blight and measureing and marking so he can see the rate of growth. He will do any preventive measures he knows. He will also check the saplings he planted earlier in the year. He discovers lone humanoid foot prints. He wonders if the person is aware of the changes and enters the gnoll fort.
Back to top Go down
Tanya

avatar

Posts : 910
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:37 am

Maya continues little further in the cave, making slow steps, aiming at every possible corner form where a gnoll could come out, thinking about how strong they where last night. She begins to talk to herself in her own mind: "You can do this Maya. You already destroyed the first seed of blight in the grove. When you find another one and you destroy it, everyone will be happy again, and animals will regain their health. Don't let the dogs scare you no matter how ugly they can be. Elda is not here to help you, you had to leave her away from the infected land so she does not suffer same fate as poor animals here. You can do this Maya. Now seedy seedy seedy, come out wherever you are." She continues to search for the seed of blight that might even does not exist, based on experience she had with blights in past.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1016
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 59
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:02 pm

Iwean enters the cave and senses their someone else as the Gnolls are more quiet than normal meaning to him their numbers have been reduced. "Well Roan maybe this person doesn't need any help. Lets continue on and see." He cautiously continues in stealth letting Roan do as he pleases. He comes around a corner and sees a lone human female. And then looks some more and checks the tracks again. He can't believe a wood nymph has show up here in this turmoil. He remains quite so as not to startle her. Motions for Roan to remain behind. He thinks about how he's going to approach her so she doesn't run or disappear completly. He tries to search his memories about Nymphs but can't recall specifics. Quitely cursing his dilema. "Why am I in this god forsaken land with no memories. May the Unicorn queen quide me (said in Halfling as a preachers blessing)."
Back to top Go down
Tanya

avatar

Posts : 910
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:15 pm

Maya stops in the cave as she thinks that she heard something. Could it be a gnoll or something else, she could not tell, she just stood there frozen, thinking that someone is approaching her from behind. Then she quickly spins and aims behind her in random direction in darkness, as she does not see anyone, she quickly aims with her arrow in some other direction, prepared to shoot at anything that would sneak by. She may not see what it could be, but her hearing senses are maxed, and she might have to relay on hearing to locate her targets.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1016
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 59
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:22 pm

Iwean sees the Nymph magically flitting about dancing from cover to cover as she goes down the tunnel. When she suddenly turns around he throws himself behind a rock. He cautiously looks out and sees her standing there frozen in time. He can barely breath as her beauty is mesmerizing. She then starts firing arrows at random and he ducks back in cover. From the cover he looks back at Roan laying down and could swear he was laughing at him.
Back to top Go down
Tanya

avatar

Posts : 910
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:38 pm

Upon hearing the arrows flying through the air and hitting walls of caves, Maya fires one arrow ahead of her and then she spins around herself in dance movement, ending behind a cave wall, where she takes a cover in standing position. She then loads another arrow and leans her half body away from cover, shooting another arrow towards the sounds, then she quickly loads another arrow and shoots it as well, just like a blind archer would, and then she quickly takes cover again. One of the arrows hits very close to Iwean.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1016
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 59
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Iwean stands up his hands in the air and his back to the Nymph. "Okay Don't run or hide please. I won't hurt you." He slowly turns to face her. "LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!" As he spots a pair of gnolls coming down the passage. He draws his bow and lets loose a volley of arrows. He calls Roan for assistance. He doesn't wait for Roan to respond if she wishes.


Last edited by tjhyland on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct a big mistake)
Back to top Go down
Tanya

avatar

Posts : 910
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:26 pm

She still looks afraid when she sees Iwean, but after some short time she realizes it is a human. When he warned her about the gnolls coming from behind, as she was in middle, she had to chose which side she will take. And of course, it was Iwean's side. She does few back flips to get closer to Iwean and starts shooting arrows at the gnolls as soon she ends up near him.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1016
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 59
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:41 pm

After dispatching the gnolls. Iwean approaches the Nymph. "Why are you here alone?"
Back to top Go down
Tanya

avatar

Posts : 910
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:55 pm

"I am here to stop gnolls and their new leader. They were killing many people yesterday and came to ranger's camp. I cannot allow them to harm dryads anymore, or innocent people. The dog monsters will fall. I am alone because I did not want to bring anyone else in danger." - Maya responds - "I cannot allow them bring massive death upon land like they did last night, and someone has to do something about this. What about you?"
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1016
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 59
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:02 pm

*looks at the ground sad about the events he remembers* " I know I was at a meeting about this in the Royal Oak after we dispatch some. The group there is trying get alliance built to combat this threat. I'll guard you while you do this task. But you must return to the grove its far too dangerous out here for you."
Back to top Go down
Tanya

avatar

Posts : 910
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:09 pm

"Yes, I come from the grove, I tried to help animals move away because the land was at risk of unnatural forces, but I never knew that blight will appear. It could be reason why even gnolls have a whole new level of aggression and hostility, and I thought I can find seed of the blight and destroy it just like the first time. If you want to help, follow me this way." Maya now feels more safe when human offerd guarding, even if she did not fully trust a new comer, she was alone in the cave and could use any help that is offered at the moment.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1016
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 59
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:11 pm

Iwean follows behind and is mesemerized by her fluidic movements and grace. So enthralled with her dancing he follows behind almost missing the battle. Together they quickly dispatch the Gnoll chief. Iwean offers to carry the loot for her. Iwean listens to her concerns about Roan and thinks about how he would know if Roan didn't want to be here. She has always responded when I call. His reply "Roan makes her own mind I don't really need her right now She's more of a companion during my trials."
Back to top Go down
Tanya

avatar

Posts : 910
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:26 pm

Maya protected Iwean with her magic, and then used on gnolls whatever she thought is good in this battle. Images of her appeared all over the place, and during the attack the group of gnolls were not able to see who is real Maya to strike her. She was able to confuse them visually and with her magical voice, turning them to fight against each other. But since the Chief was able to resist her fey magic during the rage, she entered closer with no armor and no weapon, knocking Chief's axe out of its hands with her bare hands. The she rolled aside allowing Iwean to finish them off. Maya was not able to find the seed of blight, but she destroyed all cages in the cave she was able to find, and set all dryads free. She was so happy that Iwean was there to help her. "Mushrooms protected us today. Let's return to ranger's camp and bring good news. We could not stop blight and find the seed, but at least another leader of gnolls is dead, and that counts for something." As she leaves, she introduces herself to Iwean as Maya Lyon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Imbalance   

Back to top Go down
 
Imbalance
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Shadowdale-
Jump to: