Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Chatting with the Locals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Saiya

avatar

Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-12-15

PostSubject: Chatting with the Locals   Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:19 pm

A young elven maiden can be seen wandering about, chatting with the various townsfolk. Those who recognize her will know her as Cadence, an entertainer from Evereska. She seems to spend most of her time with the more common folk of the Dales, the ones who make up the majority of the town.

Anyone who comes close enough to overhear her conversations will note that she seems to mostly want to know what she can do to aid them. She seems to be looking for work, though more often than not she will volunteer her time to help them out. She'll ask them about what they think of current events, and what their hopes and dreams for the future might be.

It should be noted that she's very careful not to sound as if she's inciting rebellion, and while she'll openly admit that she's not a follower of Bane, she doesn't speak ill of him either. It really just sounds more as if she's seeking something to do with her time, and getting to know the townsfolk better.
Back to top Go down
ADM Iribaar

avatar

Posts : 3010
Join date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:16 am

*one of the farmer she approaches would respond*

Get yarself a pitchfork lass, need help with the hay in this bloody barn *he points to a barn filled with hay and farming tools*
As for my dreams lass..im nothing but a simple farmer..all i dream for is a good harvest next year so my children don't have to starve.
*he thinks for a moment* Live is how life is..people come and go *he shrugs* I dun have time for idle chatter..work waits *he shrugs again and walks off to his work*
Back to top Go down
Saiya

avatar

Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:01 am

She grins and grabs the pitch fork, getting to work with the hay. "A good harvest is always the wish of a farmer it seems." She says while pitching the hay. "The simple life can be a good one indeed."

"Have times been hard lately?" She asks. "I've heard talk that the rebels burned some of the fields a bit back, is that true?"
Back to top Go down
ADM Iribaar

avatar

Posts : 3010
Join date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:18 am

Times are always hard for a farmer lass *the old man says* and aye crops have been burned down..i dun know who it was, really not..just wish the one who did it might burn in hell. *he continues on with his work, grumbling*
Back to top Go down
Kelticraven

avatar

Posts : 478
Join date : 2012-03-22
Age : 53
Location : Rocky Mountains

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:35 pm

On one of his morning Patrols of the Lands of Shadowdale, a figure in Black Armor with silver accents, wearing a green cloak of the Church of Bane, holding a shield that looks to be of dragon scale and his face covered by a black & white mask, notices the young elven maiden helping the old farmer. He stands and watches movements, almost as if he was memorizing the details. Quietly he moves forward, stopping just at the point he could hear them talking, but no further. Putting the end of his shield into the ground in front of him, he leans against it as he watches. He will stand there listening to them talk a while.....

He is not trying to hide that he is there listening, but he is also not trying to draw attention to himself either. He is just quietly standing there, leaning against his tower shield.
Back to top Go down
Saiya

avatar

Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:16 pm

*Noticing the man, but not seeming to care about his presence, Cadence nods to the farmer. "It is truly sad when crops are set to flame, no matter the reason." She continues to work, tossing the hay from where it is to where it is needed.

She pauses to pull her hair back and up, taking the weight off her neck in an effort to remain cooler. "I too hope that whomever is responsible for such horrible acts against the people of the Dales is made to burn. There is really no excuse, no matter what side they should claim to be on."

She resumes pitching hay. "The seasons seem to be fair this year, hopefully it means the yields will be plentiful. Perhaps enough for everyone. Wouldn't that be lovely?"
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

avatar

Posts : 3587
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 38
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:42 pm

A passing moon elf archer, with a much scarred face seems to be intrigued by the sight of an elf lady working with a pitchfork. He stops at some place not close to the banite cleric but also visible to all.

- You are the first elf I see working in a farm here... most are in the army, searching for jobs, or simply traveling. Hast by name.


Last edited by Vall Moon on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected 'zhent cleric' to 'banite cleric')
Back to top Go down
Kelticraven

avatar

Posts : 478
Join date : 2012-03-22
Age : 53
Location : Rocky Mountains

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:48 am

Saiya wrote:
*Noticing the man, but not seeming to care about his presence, Cadence nods to the farmer. "It is truly sad when crops are set to flame, no matter the reason." She continues to work, tossing the hay from where it is to where it is needed.

She pauses to pull her hair back and up, taking the weight off her neck in an effort to remain cooler. "I too hope that whomever is responsible for such horrible acts against the people of the Dales is made to burn. There is really no excuse, no matter what side they should claim to be on."

She resumes pitching hay. "The seasons seem to be fair this year, hopefully it means the yields will be plentiful. Perhaps enough for everyone. Wouldn't that be lovely?"

The armored figure tilts his head a touch as the Elf pull her hair up off her neck. Hidden eyes show interest, you would have to be very close to see that. For all that it seems, he is enjoying the show of the She-elf working. About this time the second elf comes to the area. Seeing the lighter armor and other equipment, the stance of the Black Armored figure changes. Picking up his shield and sliding his arm into place, he now hold the shield normally. His free right hand comes down to rest against the handle of his "rusted mace". His manners have changed now too. He only spends half of the time watching the she elf. The rest is watching Moon Elf.. Knowing a fighter of sorts when he sees one. Having readied himself physically.. he now clicks through all the spells in his mind. Waiting... the armed and armored figure waits and sees.

((BTW, he is not zhent... he is a cleric the Church of Bane
The back of his cloak has Bane's fist on it.))
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

avatar

Posts : 3587
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 38
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:28 am

The elf clearly doesn't poses as a threat, his bow rest in back and not ready to be used, and all his arrows are in quiver. He does a simple and polite nod of aknowledgment to the cleric, showing he is not ignoring his presence, same to the farmer, but besides this his curiosity is focused in the elf.

((ok thanks, I will edit, but to the elf you are all zhents anyway Very Happy Razz))
Back to top Go down
Saiya

avatar

Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:00 am

*She pauses when the other elf walks up. "Well, I never thought I'd attract so much attention." She grins brightly. "How about the both of you grab a pitch fork? I'm sure with three of us working this, we'd get this pile of hay where it needs to be in no time! Would be a great help to Mr. Farmer here for certain."
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 58
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:03 am

Hork passes the field where Cadence is working and does a double take as he sees his friend. "I didn't she was a squishy!" He mutters to himself. He goes to the field and approaches Cadence. At any sign of her struggling he will give assistance. "Hello, I not see you by fire long time." Probably displays his skill at organizing sentances. "You need help with hard work, Hork strong he can help." *Smiles very proud*
Back to top Go down
ADM Iribaar

avatar

Posts : 3010
Join date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:31 am

*the farmer looks rather confoused now*

Why is everyone trampleing over my crops and seeds? Shoo shoo *he waves them away but clearly not awaiting that anyone would listen to him but as the orc approaches the farmer turns furious*


Get off my field you!!! *he yells and shakes his own pitchfork toward Hork*


Last edited by DM Iribaar on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 58
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:42 am

Hork see the farmer with the pitch fork. He looks to see if Cadence is in danger. If she is in no danger he prepares to disarm the farmer if attacked. He clearly doesn't see the farmer as a threat. (Of course all he has is his strength.)
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

avatar

Posts : 3587
Join date : 2012-02-17
Age : 38
Location : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:48 am

The elf is surprised by the orc offer, he feels somehow disconfort what can be visible if someone pay atention, but he makes no comment and simply nods to the orc in aknowledgement of his presence. The elf is already accostumed to the orc mercenaries and recruits, than Hast adresses the elf maiden.

- I would take your place, or help if another pitchfork was avaible, but I'm visibly not welcome. Not that I'm used to this, never was a farmer in my life, neither will ever be... but I didnt pass over any seed hole or dismantled any plant. The elf nods once to the farmer and leaves without protest, during all the process he shows no visible emotion, not even a trace of a grin or rudeness*.

- Have a good day.
Back to top Go down
Kelticraven

avatar

Posts : 478
Join date : 2012-03-22
Age : 53
Location : Rocky Mountains

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:48 pm

At hearing the comments of the Farmer, the Cleric's eyes narrow. But with as many people who are now in the area of his fields.. it is understandable. He decides to let that pass for the moment. Thou the Orc is another matter. He also heard the she-elf's comments. Those must be seen to first! Looking to elf maiden.

"I am no mere farmhand. I am a chosen of our Dread Lord Bane!
I do not do, such work. But I would be willing to teach to you of our Dark Lord's ways..."

He pauses a moment...letting his words hang in the air.
Under the mask he smirks, thinking of different things. Then continues.


"If your interested she-elf. Come to the temple and ask for me."

He nods his head and then he then turns to the Orc.

"You were told to leave. Do so... Now!"

The last word is given in the tone of command.
His hand moves from resting at the mace on his side to reach up and grasp the hilt of his sword,
that rests on his back. The hilt is clearly seen above the cloak, allowing for an easy draw.
Thou that blade does not clear the sheath, it was a visual warning. His feet now move into a readied stance.
As the Moon Elf left of his own accord, he is not a worry. The next move is up to the Orc.
Back to top Go down
Saiya

avatar

Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:25 am

"Oh, hello Hork!" She smiles brightly, blinking when the farmer starts to shoo people away. "Oh, you had better go before things get ugly Hork." She smiles apologetically. "Let me know when you're ready for your next reading lesson, by the way. I'm looking forward to see what you did for your homework."

She grins at the orc before turning to the farmer. "He'll go peacefully. He was just wanting to see if I wanted some help with your hay. I'm terribly sorry for the fright he must have given you."

At the priests words, she turns to him a moment. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend. It's just that I was here working and figured you had come over to help."

Turning back to the farmer she also bows her head apologetically. "Forgive me if my presence has caused all these people to tromp across your fields. I only meant to lend a bit of hand."

"Oh, I'm Cadence, by the way. And you gentlemen are?"
Back to top Go down
Kelticraven

avatar

Posts : 478
Join date : 2012-03-22
Age : 53
Location : Rocky Mountains

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:04 am

His eyes do not leave the Orc as he speaks to Cadence, clearly he saw the Orc as the biggest threat in the fields.
He continued to stand at the ready, his hand on the hilt of the sword on his back.


"I am Trusted Servant Malvo, Fighting Cleric of the Church of Bane."

Each word came out sounding almost like a lover's caress.
Clearly he was proud of his place in the Church.
And the power that it afforded him here in Shadowdale.


"I take it that you have some control over your beastly friend?
It would be wise to exercise that control now...for his sake."

Lucius let the rest of that sentance go unspoken, to see just how bright both the Elf and the Orc were.
He waited in the same stance, at the first hint of trouble from the Orc or Elf...he would strike.
The farmer's words were ignored. What was a few broken crops in compare to Bane's Will?
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

avatar

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2012-11-04
Age : 58
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:41 am

Hork looks at the man in the zhent unform as if finally seeing him, he then salutes fist to chest. Looks over to Cadence and smiles, " I learn much more." Waves to Cadence and glances at the Zhent saluting again and he turns to leave.
Back to top Go down
Saiya

avatar

Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:41 am

"That's wonderful, Hork!" She smiles. "I'm glad. We'll chat about it later though, ok?"

Turning back to the priest, she keeps the smile bright on her face. "I don't really have any more control over him than I do anyone else, but he's leaving now so everything is ok, right?"

"Besides, he works closely with the Zhentarim. I'm surprised you don't recognize him, but I guess if you're a priest you probably don't see any of the mercenaries much."
Back to top Go down
Kelticraven

avatar

Posts : 478
Join date : 2012-03-22
Age : 53
Location : Rocky Mountains

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Seeing the Orc salute him made Lucius do a visible double take! Clearly that was the LAST thing he expected from the Orc.
But in proper military fashion the cleric's hand dropped from the hilt of his sword, he moved to a normal stance and returned the salute.
Then he turned to Cadence.


"That would be correct."

Lucius watched as the Orc speaks with the girl and then Salutes again!
Which was returned once again back to the Orc. Looking back at Cadence, the cleric continued.


"He works with Zhentarim you say? I was not aware the Zhents took Orcs in as mercenaries with the Black Hounds around. But I will look into that when I get back to the Temple. Your friend is in no danger, if indeed he works with the Zhentarim. And do not take that as an attack on your character Cadence. It is part of my job to know of and check such things."

He then turns to the farmer.. reaching into a hidden pouch he pulls out 3 silvers.
Holding the coins in his hand as he speaks.


"For the damage done by all this. Should pay for any broken crops and still buy you some meat for your table too.
Do not let it be said that the Church of Bane does not watch over it's charges."

With that the Cleric tosses the 3 coins in the farmer's direction.
He was sure that the coins would be scooped up before they had a chance to be stolen.
He then turned back to the Elf Maiden.


"You are free to leave or stay and help the farmer, it is your choice.
I am returning to the Temple, there are some things that I need to look into.
I bid you both a good day... Walk in Fear."

He waited a moment to see if the farmer was going to pick up the coins or if either would respond correctly.
As he thought to himself... **More had changed then he knew.**
Back to top Go down
Saiya

avatar

Posts : 299
Join date : 2012-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:04 pm

"Oh, no." She shakes her head. "I understand the need to check these things. I wish I could remember the name of the one Hork calls Bossman. I'm sure he's with the Zhentarim."

She thinks for a moment before shaking her head. "No, the name isn't coming to me. I'm sorry. Anyway, you do take care of yourself. Bye~!" She smiles brightly and waves emphatically as the priest turns to leave. Grabbing the pitchfork, she turns to resume the work she agreed to do for the farmer, unless the farmer asks her to leave.
Back to top Go down
Kelticraven

avatar

Posts : 478
Join date : 2012-03-22
Age : 53
Location : Rocky Mountains

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Lucius nods his head at the Elven maid's words and turns away as well. The coins dropped to the ground.. forgotten. It was up to the farmer to claim them. And with that he heads back into the city proper, heading for the Temple.
Back to top Go down
ADM Iribaar

avatar

Posts : 3010
Join date : 2011-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:16 am

"still confused the farmer stared at the leaving Hork before he turned back to Lucius and Cadence, he quickly snatched the coins Lucius tossed him, he bowed deeply, in thanks but groaned loudly and surpressed a curse, apparently bowing so deep caused a lot of pain on him, after Lucius walked off he stood up straight again..as straight as a man of his age can stand and grabbed his own pitchhfork once more, he then grumbled to Cadence"

"Are you done with staring holes into the air lass? The hay wont get into the barn on its own"


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Chatting with the Locals   

Back to top Go down
 
Chatting with the Locals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Chat Room Antics (otherwise known as Fred the Thread)
» Chit Chatting With Your Character!
» Chatting and Chariots (P)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dalelands Beyond :: Role Play :: Shadowdale-
Jump to: