Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Academy Assistance for the Inquiring

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Haas2

PostSubject: Re: Academy Assistance for the Inquiring   Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:50 pm

///If you guys feel as though I'm overstepping any RP boundaries please let me know, figured since the door was unlocked and Xavier wanders around everywhere he would want to stop in the Academy to see some of his old friends.

Anyone that cares to look over at the door to the library would notice a man leaning against the archway, outrageously wide brimmed hat atop his head and dressed in weather-worn leather armor. He grins widely upon seeing Kal, Emory, and Cald and tips his hat in greetings to them.

"Didn't mean to come in unannounced, the door was unlocked and I thought I'd come by for a visit....Hard to believe the size of this place once you get inside, thought this was a gnomish castle when I was just passing by till I remembered you saying that you had a hall of your own Cald."

He looks over Lhanir and Emrys, not recognizing either of them and quickly turns his attention back to Cald, Kal, and Emory.

" 'Course, I didn't just come for pleasantries, actually needed your help with something...Was hoping to use your library as well."

Xavier's grin would lessen as he looks between Cald and Emory with with mixture of concern and curiosity in his eyes.

Back to top Go down
Serebane

PostSubject: Re: Academy Assistance for the Inquiring   Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:14 pm

Emrys' suggestion seemed very plausible to the druidess, and she continued to stare down at the list of spells in the previous tome while the human averted his attention to seeking a way for permanent spell solutions.

"I've no doubt it'd be nearly exact in similarity.. there was no specifications about what, but I have a feeling the only change would be race. If you missed the first by the top here... alter self, perhaps that'd be easier to use." Lhanir then leaned over, stopping the flipping of pages and pointed across his arm towards a particular spell.

"Permanency, right? Either of the firsts would be under the transmutation category, which isn't very difficult for one such as myself given it's similarity to what I do. Though I cannot speak for using it upon others."

As she babbled quietly, her silver gaze flickered back towards the entrance to the library, noticing the newcomer. Recognizing his person, but unaware of his name, Lhanir eventually turned back to Emrys, reading over the transmutation section in the book before her.
Back to top Go down
SimilarlyDifferent

PostSubject: Re: Academy Assistance for the Inquiring   Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:10 am

As Emory listens to the two guests, she smiles.

"One of the spells noted here can make certain spells permanent. I can't say for sure which spells it works on, perhaps one of our arcanists could help you with that." She glances at the others, as if looking for volunteers.

When Xavier speaks, the small woman jumps and dashes across the room to hug him.

"Xavier?! Where in the Nine Hells have you been? You were here one day and gone the next. What is the matter with you, causing me to worry like that? I thought something terrible had happened!" She looks the man over, straightening his cloak and continuing to scold him much like a worried mother would her child. "Either way, I'm glad to see you've returned, and that you thought to drop in and let people know you were alive. You are the second ghost I have seen today." She motions over in Kalthanar's direction.

"Sit down, will you? Have some wine and something to eat." The small woman scurries around the room, trying to make the newcomer as comfortable as she possibly can. "Will you tell me where you have been, or are you going to be as tight-lipped as Kalthanar?" She flashes a good natured smile in the tiefling's direction.
Back to top Go down
KingOfAquilonia

PostSubject: Re: Academy Assistance for the Inquiring   Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:27 am

*Kalthanar gives Emory a small smile in return before speaking up again*

" If you want to know details, come talk to me sometime. No offense to the others but I don't care to have them knowing my business as I don't know them or trust them as much as I do you "
Back to top Go down
Haas2

PostSubject: Re: Academy Assistance for the Inquiring   Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:32 am

Xavier's grin would brighten again as Emory scolds him and he would return the hug briefly before making his way into the library with the others.

"Some things never change."

He laughs lightly and takes any wine that is offered and sits in any available chairs. He looks to Kal with a slight smile.

"Come now, Emory and I have always been apart of your business in some way...Who's the girl this time?"

He winks and takes a sip of wine and then looks to Emory.

"Sorry if I haven't been keeping contact with the Academy, been rather busy as of late in Free Haven....Time well spent of course." His sly smile remains on his face as he speaks. "Got so caught up in my work that-....Well, I am here for work I suppose, but I wanted to see some familiar faces as well. We didn't really have enough time to catch up when I last saw you all at the Oak."
Back to top Go down
SimilarlyDifferent

PostSubject: Re: Academy Assistance for the Inquiring   Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:43 am

Emory grins at Kalthanar. “Yes, all right, fine. I will come and find you so we can chat privately if you prefer. Xavier is right, however, we usually are in your business for one reason or another.”

She turns and looks at Xavier. “What sort of research are you doing, and what do you need from my library in order to do it? You are welcome to whatever assistance I can give you, as always.” She smiles fondly down at the man. “I don't travel to Free Haven as often lately since the keep was finished. That will change now that I know where you have been hiding.”
Back to top Go down
KingOfAquilonia

PostSubject: Re: Academy Assistance for the Inquiring   Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:10 pm

*Kalthanar offers a small shrug before replying*

"True , but my lips have locked with yours and not theirs so there is an added level of trust there."

*Simply grins and looks to see how the others react*
Back to top Go down
Haas2

PostSubject: Re: Academy Assistance for the Inquiring   Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:26 pm

Xavier would take another swig of wine, choking on it as he hears Kal's comment. Once he catches his breath he looks between Kal and Cald.

"You do know that Cald is her husband now, right?....And this is his castle....All manner of magical weirdness might make you the next statue they hang up in these halls."

Xavier would give Emory an incredulous look for a moment before taking another swig of wine and then replying to her question.

"Just wonderin' if you had any books on the history of Pacts....And how mages form said pacts with certain creatures. Not sure if you would have anything in your library in that regard, but I figured since you had a few pact mages amongst you last I'd known, like that one nutty fella....John, I think? Might as well start my search here...."

He would keep his attention loosely on Emory as he speaks, watching the others out of his peripheral for any reaction from them.
Back to top Go down
KingOfAquilonia

PostSubject: Re: Academy Assistance for the Inquiring   Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:53 pm

*Kalthanar raises a brow and laughs*

" I remain unintimidated. It was in the past , I did enough damage to myself with Emory in the past when she chose "Charles" over me and then Grimes. She is simply a friend now. If Cald wants to attack me he can , but he won't have much luck. But I don't believe he is so insecure he will attack me for simply mentioning that Emory and I have kissed in the past"

*fingers run over a coin attached to a necklace about his neck , the symbol of Tymora clear on it*
Back to top Go down
SimilarlyDifferent

PostSubject: Re: Academy Assistance for the Inquiring   Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Emory's face blushes a deep crimson. “Yes, Kalthanar, perhaps that does make us trust more. At least, it makes for an interesting story to make our friends uncomfortable. “

She flashes a grin at Xavier, clearly trying to keep her composure and hide her fluster. ”Cald and I are not married, not yet." Her eyes briefly flit to his face, then back to Xavier.

She looks down at her feet and walks over closer to him, sitting beside him on the bench. “We have a bit of information on pact magic. Do you know the nature of the pacted creature? There are certainly different ways in which people can wield that sort of power. Some of those ways will indeed drive a person to madness, not unlike Jon.”

She takes out a small piece of parchment and scribbles down notes as Xavier explains what he is looking for. When Kalthanar speaks again, her brow furrows and she glances over at him. “I have done things that I am not proud of, and the way that I treated you so long ago is one of those things. However, I think that discussion is best left between the two of us behind a closed door.”

“Don't worry too much, though. Kalthanar is correct, Cald is not, nor ever has been a jealous man. Besides, she adds with a wink, he's only attacked two individuals before on my behalf. Badger, I think, and Devlin.” She bites her lip and considers, trying to decide if this is correct, deciding it is either the truth or close to it, she gives one last nod. “That was not out of jealousy or insecurity though, they were trying to attack me. Or him... or both of us. The details are a little faded from my memory.”

"At any rate, Xavier, the information about the pact, the history of pacts, and how pacts are formed will vary depending on the creature who enters into the pact with the human. Of course, I have also heard it is not uncommon for certain people to come into a pact either by accident of birth or by strange circumstances. I used to know a man who had come upon his power by being possessed by a... " She bites her lip and trails off. "Sorry, I was rambling. The more information you can offer me, the better answers I can provide you with."
Back to top Go down
KingOfAquilonia

PostSubject: Re: Academy Assistance for the Inquiring   Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:21 am

*Kalthanar nods to Emory slowly and settles back in his seat scanning the faces of those gathered, then turns back to Emory*

" Aye , we can talk about all those things some time. It might do us both some good. As far as making people uncomfortable well, they can deal with it, we're adults and I was only being playful. Not my fault their sense of humor isn't as awesome as mine... "

*Grins to himself and rests his heels on whatever he can , likely a table*

Back to top Go down
toasterbomb

PostSubject: Re: Academy Assistance for the Inquiring   Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:42 pm

Cald remains calm and withholds his comment until now

I do not feel it is necessary to unleash any sort of.. magical weirdness. Cald grins momentarily, then returns to a neutral expression I have an understanding of Emory's past relationships, and I am not offended.
Back to top Go down
Vanelier

PostSubject: Re: Academy Assistance for the Inquiring   Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Helena bristles slightly as she's addressed by Emory, though her demeanor cools into blankness as she hears the subject out. Moving into the room to observe those within, she carefully sets the case she carries near her, her hood still draw up, shading what most can see as an exceptionally pale face.

She takes no refreshment from Emory, waving it off with a polite shake of her head.

She listens to thier musings with a raised brow, offering quietly,
"So you seek to permanently change someone's form? And into a fellow humanoid? That could be... complicated."

"You may call me Miss Krows... I am an arcanist of the Academy. Perhaps I could be of some assistance?"
She speaks to both Emrys and Lhanir, primarily, ignoring the other group.
Back to top Go down
Serebane

PostSubject: Re: Academy Assistance for the Inquiring   Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:03 am

To the self-introduced Miss Krows, Lhanir nodded lightly, brushing a lock of hair out of her face at the same time. "Yes, actually. Emory there said that you might know of a particular spell of permanence in these tomes? A spell to make another spell permanent...?"

She gestured down to the open books before herself and Emrys, waiting eagerly for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Academy Assistance for the Inquiring   

Back to top Go down

Academy Assistance for the Inquiring
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2