Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Noc

PostSubject: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:51 pm

((This is for OOC Purposes only and is a Warning to players who have characters that worship any of the Holy Enemies of Bane do not assume that because this is posted here you have witnessed the following IC take it as a warning so that if you don't wish to be arrested in SD don't let it be known to us you worship someone we see as an enemy. Please read the following as posted by DeathsAdversary on the Church of Bane Forums and put here by request of a DM for clarification purposes:

Quote :
A Letter is sent to the entire Templar Order, signed by the Imperceptor and stamped with the official seal of the Church of Bane.

Regarding the treatment of suspected heretics, blasphemers, and Holy enemies by the Templar:

If an individual is suspected of being a follower of any of our holy enemies, a blasphemer, or a heretic, you will do whatever you must to take them into custody alive. They will be brought to the Church dungeons and I will be informed of their presence by a Church-Wide report detailing what they are suspected of being, the reason they are suspected of such, and what was done procedure-wise to detain them. Upon confrontation; if the subject resists in a way that will get men killed surely, then you are permitted to slaughter them with the equivalent force that the Dread Lord would smile upon, then pike their head outside the Temple next to the stocks with a note to the public as to what happens when people make themselves an enemy of Bane. We are not to be taken lightly.

Tread in fear.

Ian Halgrave,
Imperceptor of the Church of Bane,
Shadowdale Chapter

This concludes this OOC Message, we at the Church of Bane hope you have a fearfully nice day.))
Back to top Go down
Noc

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:50 pm

As Requested by Dormouse The Following Image was pulled Directly from the Sourcebook "Faiths and Pantheons" While not all of the listed Deities are immediately driven from Banite land those who would directly oppose him such as the Followers of Torm, Helm, Ilmater, and Cyric will be captured on sight by the Templar Order of Bane. Followers of Mystra, Tempus, Lathander, and Oghma will likely only be questioned if they cause problems while within the city limits.

Furthurmore Sylune, while an Enemy of Bane's in the current timeline is not a Holy Enemy of Bane and her followers will not be apprehended for questioning if not provoked by illegal actions of another kind.

Last edited by Noc on Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dormouse

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Ok I think for now this is a matter of discussion among the dms because it does have an impact on many players on the server. Hopefully a DM can clarify the situation soon.
Back to top Go down
Pathkiller

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:06 pm

\\Will we be asked our deity in town? And then our class? I'm not trying to cause trouble, I just don't want to come into town and get into trouble for not worshiping bane
Back to top Go down
Noc

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:44 pm

\\ No, unless you openly wear symbols of faith, announce your faith, or are one of the races required to register with the Zhentarim you will not be asked your faith, and if you are you can initiate a bluff check to lie if you do not wish to be discovered, this does not limit you from entering Shadowdale it is simply a warning that if a Templar does discover you follow the Holy Enemy of Bane they will arrest you and resistance will be met with death. This is not meant to limit RP but enhance RP and make the Banite Factions seem more like Banites are according to sourcebook lore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:39 pm

*stocks up on enemies of bane holy symbols and hands them out at the gates*
Back to top Go down
KSC

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Sabi asks, "are the ordinances enacted in co-operation with the Shadovar lifted then? Lights and Selunites are now permitted?"
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:00 am

//If I understand this correctly, it's not an IC announcement, but OOC reminder of "things all characters should commonly/already know?
Back to top Go down
Dormouse

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:19 am

The situation is confused.

Certain rules were introduced but -not- publically announced and others, such as selunites being forbidden, seem to half be in effect and half not. Noc's post was an attempt to make clear the laws that were brought in, unfortunately the 'enemies of bane' does need to be defined. By the way if anyone has a link to the law banning selunites, please post it / pm it.

So its not surprising that some people have come into town simply not knowing the laws, while with the best of intentions and from their pov quite rightly, the zhents and COB have been ICly harassing them.

The DMs are working on making the situation clear as soon as is possible - this needs to be talked over as there are implications for players.

As a note; any PC not actually banned from SD for whatever reason must be given an rp out. Hopefully the clarification by the dms will make it clear which gods' worship automatically exclude you. Equally, if a PC draws a Zhent's attention and they resist the zhent, that is in effect putting their right to an rp out at risk. As ever, this is the evil army and you stamp on its toes at your own risk. Equally - both sides need to oocly be courteous to the other.

Back to top Go down
KSC

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:38 am

As far as I know the No lights/touches/sun based spells and the law of death on sight to Selunites only ever appeared on the notice board in Shadowdale, I am fairly certain I never saw it on the forums.
Back to top Go down
Dormouse

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:41 am

Alright, thank you KSC. Not surprising people didnt know about it then.

Anyway it all up in the air until the new laws come in. those will give us something solid to work off.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:05 am

I was told the Law against light was lifted when the Shadowvar left. That was my a few leaders of the Zhents.
Back to top Go down
Moonsaves

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:28 am

As it stands at the moment, the laws are outdated and a bit puzzling. It tells you to kill deep Dwarves on sight, yet one's currently in the Zhentilar's ranks. I can see why it might cause confusion with new players.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:32 am

The confusion and frustration over this IC ruling, though probably unintended, is very in-line with setting. Lawful Evil regime of the Zhentilar encourages arbitrary, tyrannical enforcement of oppressive laws to perpetuate the will of Bane. If PC's are looking over their shoulder afraid if they "broke a law" or not, that seems in keeping with lore. It's the evil empire; People aren't supposed to feel comfortable in it.

If a character is taken by surprise with oppression, it's an RP opportunity. Wrongfully or immorally accused heroes are given a motivation to react. And those straddling a fence get shaken up. Quite a few avenues of fun to pursue with this, if a positive OOC mindset is maintained.
Back to top Go down
Vilesinger

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:27 am

Silly question and perhaps off topic but are half-drow Kill on Sight? How can a half-drow rp in SD?

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Moonsaves

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:41 am

I have a Half-Drow currently with in Shadowdale. They're not nice to you, but if you give them a reason you should be able to stay, you're allowed to do so so long as you get the proper paperwork.
Back to top Go down
HugMonster

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:42 am

Honistly this is not all that "evil". Remember that citys and towns normaly have a law agenst following evil gods so when a town is ruled by one it only makes sence they forbid the good gods.

Still it would be nice to know what the laws really are, and for a much needed updaid on the ingame lawbord.
Back to top Go down
KnightCaptain

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:56 am

was leaving Tyr of the list an oversight or was it intentional for some reason?
Back to top Go down
KSC

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:58 am

jalmynar wrote:
I was told the Law against light was lifted when the Shadovar left. That was my a few leaders of the Zhents.

I was told that it was still undecided by the leadership. I have been keeping an eye out for some sort of official announcement too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nebudkanezar

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:37 am

/// Does this mean the House of Plenty will be burned to the ground?
Back to top Go down
Dormouse

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:40 am

*up until now* - The view on the House of Plenty is that it can remain on ONE condition - it ensures bumper crops. I dont know if that view will change

though between the long hard winter, assaults untild fields burned and now the heatwave i dont see how anyone could guarentee a bumper crop. even the Eearthmotehr'd have a challenge in SD !
Back to top Go down
Kaj

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:47 pm

Half-Drow are allowed, but require registration papers. The updated/new laws are hopefully going to be up on the IG board and forums soon.
Back to top Go down
Tibus_Heth

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:54 pm

Chauntea isn't on that list of opposing deities from Faiths and Pantheons, so I don't see any especial reason it should be targeted.
Back to top Go down
StaurosMallack

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Concerning this matter i would also like to remind to all the following..

Accodring to our server story the Zhents have cover their "invasion" to the town of Shadowdale supposely being allies of Lord Mougrym and "invited" by him to aid against the drow and the like that were threating the town.

The Zhents supposely follow the laws that the town previously had (aprroved by the clergy of Tyr) adding their own, about free worshiping of Bane etc etc, and also if their leaders are (?) willing to continue this masquarate they will probably be a bit more soft concerning what laws they will add more to the town and region.

A year ago (real time) Shadowdale didnt hadve orc and bugbear mercenaries to the streets neither golems walking around, i guess those were added by player actions, so in our server the player actions matter a lot more than the Lore of Forgotten Realms, so since the begining of the timeline of the server (1374 if if am not wrong) everything since there have change according to player actions, and no cause of the Lore, in that case Shadowdale would have been freed by now by the rebelion many Gods would be dead and all that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.   

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT Notice for the Enemies of Bane.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1